NATION

PASSWORD

Thread for Gamers VIII: Revenge of the Sh**

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

How do you game?

Console
23%
PC
40%
Arcade
4%
Mobile
13%
Anything and Everything
10%
Other
5%
Catchphrase!
6%

Total votes : 1097

Sunstruck
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sunstruck » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:07 am

I'm so disappointed with the AAA gaming industry.
Big new releases used to be fun
epic

The Batavia
Senator

Founded: May 08, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Batavia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:07 am

Sunstruck wrote:I'm so disappointed with the AAA gaming industry.

ok
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sunstruck
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sunstruck » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:12 am

The Batavia wrote:

ok

glad we came to an understanding

destiny 2 has been fun but besides that, I'm not really hype for anything that's coming out
Last edited by Sunstruck on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
epic

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Abserdia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:32 am

Nintendo has had a fantastic year so far, so at least we have that.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:52 am

EA's shenanigans in BFII simply is the apogee of the practice of micro-translations itself. It shouldn't come as a surprise when this has been standard procedure since 2008; If publishers are given a finger, they'll take the whole arm. If we as gamers are to care about it, then we have should have drawn the line when Paradox, Valve, Ubisoft, and Square Enix have done the same all those years ago.
"You know what I was. You see what I am. Change me, change me!" - Randall Jarrell.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:56 am

We have Super Mario Odyssey.

I hear that's a good game.

The Albali Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 09, 2017

Postby The Albali Republic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:59 am

So you know how there might be a Battlefield game possibly coming out in late 2018? I'm hoping that it won't have the same deal Battlefront II has when it gets released. That'd suuuuuuck.
Furballs cause fireballs! Secure all pets before flight.
NS stats are not used; I didn't think I needed to write that one down for you lot
Fluttershy sucks

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:00 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:

We have Super Mario Odyssey.

I hear that's a good game.

Random review I found.

"This game was by far the worst Mario game I have ever played, the game was a huge disappointment and did not live up to the hype at all. The game tries to innovate but ends up being a lackluster experience, why couldn't Mario punch and kick like you could in knack 2? If Nintendo wanted to innovate, they should have followed in knack's footsteps. Why couldn't there be a first-person shooter mode where you could capture an army man and use his gun to shoot enemies? And New Donk City was a huge disappointment. Nintendo should have gone the extra mile to make Mario be able to capture every single "New Donker" and use each of their unique abilities. The whole game just feels like a copy of Galaxy when you think about it. Cappy is just a less innovative version of Luma. Very disappointed, will be selling back to GameStop."
Last edited by The Batavia on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:08 pm

Been playing LA Noire again since the remaster came out and its been a good bit of fun, i never played the DLC cases on the 360 version so im getting to play those for the first time. Currently on the Homicide desk, and i forgot how fucking intense Cole Phelps can be at times, its fucking hilarious.

Also the odd graphical glitch here and there with the lighting, and the combat is still clunky which is unfortunate, but does not bother me that much.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The Albali Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby The Albali Republic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:12 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Been playing LA Noire again since the remaster came out and its been a good bit of fun, i never played the DLC cases on the 360 version so im getting to play those for the first time. Currently on the Homicide desk, and i forgot how fucking intense Cole Phelps can be at times, its fucking hilarious.

Also the odd graphical glitch here and there with the lighting, and the combat is still clunky which is unfortunate, but does not bother me that much.

Oh yeah, I love how I thought 'doubt' would make Phelps raise an eyebrow... I was quite surprised when he might as well have accused people of masterminding the Cuban Missile Crisis.
NS stats are not used; I didn't think I needed to write that one down for you lot
Fluttershy sucks

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:15 pm

The Albali Republic wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Been playing LA Noire again since the remaster came out and its been a good bit of fun, i never played the DLC cases on the 360 version so im getting to play those for the first time. Currently on the Homicide desk, and i forgot how fucking intense Cole Phelps can be at times, its fucking hilarious.

Oh yeah, I love how I thought 'doubt' would make Phelps raise an eyebrow... I was quite surprised when he might as well have accused people of masterminding the Cuban Missile Crisis.

They actually changed that now in the new version, instead of

Truth
Doubt
Lie

You now have

Good Cop
Bad Cop
Accuse

And it does fit more i guess with what he actually says. Mostly.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:16 pm

I especially remember L.A Noire from mostly the Gamer Poops that are uploaded onto YouTube.

"I like your ass ;)"
"YOU'RE LYING, MORGAN!"

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:17 pm

The Batavia wrote:
The Albali Republic wrote:Oh yeah, I love how I thought 'doubt' would make Phelps raise an eyebrow... I was quite surprised when he might as well have accused people of masterminding the Cuban Missile Crisis.

I especially remember L.A Noire from mostly the Gamer Poops that are uploaded onto YouTube.

"I like your ass ;)"
"YOU'RE LYING, MORGAN!"

"THIS IS AMERICA"
"lets change the subject"
"THIS IS GERMANY"

Fucking watched that video this morning because i started the game up again, its fucking amazing.

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:18 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
The Batavia wrote:I especially remember L.A Noire from mostly the Gamer Poops that are uploaded onto YouTube.

"I like your ass ;)"
"YOU'RE LYING, MORGAN!"

"THIS IS AMERICA"
"THIS IS GERMANY"

Fucking watched that video this morning because i started the game up again, its fucking amazing.

Oh yeah, it's fuckin' amazing.

The Albali Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby The Albali Republic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:19 pm

The Batavia wrote:
The Albali Republic wrote:Oh yeah, I love how I thought 'doubt' would make Phelps raise an eyebrow... I was quite surprised when he might as well have accused people of masterminding the Cuban Missile Crisis.

"I like your ass ;)"
"YOU'RE LYING, MORGAN!"

I've just started watching it, it's fucking amazing. :rofl:
Fluttershy sucks

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:21 pm

The Batavia wrote:I especially remember L.A Noire from mostly the Gamer Poops that are uploaded onto YouTube.

"I like your ass ;)"
"YOU'RE LYING, MORGAN!"

I've just started watching it, it's fucking amazing. :rofl:

And I just went ahead to rewatch it.

I'm glad I could spread some art on this forum.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Speaking of this kind of thing again, this is a fucking gem

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:35 pm

Speaking of this kind of thing again, this is a fucking gem

Phelps is one tense motherfucker.

Also, his face he made when he said "Looks like I made a mistake." was priceless.
Last edited by The Batavia on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:39 pm

"I like your ass ;)"
"YOU'RE LYING, MORGAN!"

"THIS IS AMERICA"
"THIS IS GERMANY"

Actually bought LA Noir recently. It's been pretty fun, I feel like the main character is an asshole sometimes, but it's hard to believe this was made by Rockstar with how different the facial capture is between it and GTA.

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:42 pm

Lady Scylla wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:"THIS IS AMERICA"
"THIS IS GERMANY"

Actually bought LA Noir recently. It's been pretty fun, I feel like the main character is an asshole sometimes, but it's hard to believe this was made by Rockstar with how different the facial capture is between it and GTA.

I think they developed an entirely new patented system for the facial animations.

They wanted to make them detailed enough that even subtle emotional changes could be conveyed through the faces, to where the player could guess on a character’s authenticity based only on those expressions. It had to be well made.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:48 pm

Lady Scylla wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:"THIS IS AMERICA"
"THIS IS GERMANY"

Oh he can be, some times phelps is just a straight up wanker, but i find it hilarious, and it means he has faults so i like him more as a character because of it.

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:51 pm

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:53 pm

Some times its pretty fucking obvious, but other times it can be really tricky. I remember when i first played there was one interview, cant remember for what case but it had i think about 6-7 questions and i just got fucked in it, think i got like 2 right because i could not read the bugger right.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Abserdia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:59 pm

They actually changed that now in the new version, instead of

Truth
Doubt
Lie

You now have

Good Cop
Bad Cop
Accuse

The choices were originally, in development:
Coax
Force
and Accuse.
That explains why Phelps goes insane when you Doubt.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Abserdia wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:They actually changed that now in the new version, instead of

Truth
Doubt
Lie

You now have

Good Cop
Bad Cop
Accuse

The choices were originally, in development:
Coax
Force
and Accuse.
That explains why Phelps goes insane when you Doubt.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction