NATION

PASSWORD

Thread for Gamers VIII: Revenge of the Sh**

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

How do you game?

Console
23%
PC
40%
Arcade
4%
Mobile
13%
Anything and Everything
10%
Other
5%
Catchphrase!
6%

Total votes : 1097

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:13 am

Dylar wrote:
Val Halla wrote:I sell a game at the local store for £12

Months later, exact same copy, in there for £8

Should I buy and break the system?

What's the game?

Onechanbara 2 >.>
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:19 am

Val Halla wrote:
Dylar wrote:What's the game?

Onechanbara 2 >.>

Might as well. I never played it, but it looks good from what I can see.
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:32 am

For those of us who can't access Reddit, what does the post say?
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Abserdia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:43 am

Frenline Delpha wrote:

For those of us who can't access Reddit, what does the post say?

Referring to the controversy about microtransactions and the huge grindfest to unlock heroes without any real money in Battlefront 2...

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes.

As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets.

Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.

It’s currently at -244025.
Last edited by Abserdia on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:20 am

TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:34 am

What they said:
The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes.
As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.
We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets.
Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.

What they meant:

Give us more of your money, suckers.
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:43 am

The first Galactic Republic wrote:Guys.

There were signs.

You’ve cracked the case, Detective.
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:34 am

-333k now.

Its like my fucking budget in near every city builder i play
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The Batavia
Senator

Founded: May 08, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Batavia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:37 am

The first Galactic Republic wrote:Guys.

There were signs.

well played.
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:40 am

Was playing Naval Action last night and snapped two photos of my Indiaman on my route from Cuba to the Yucatan.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:40 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:-333k now.

Or maybe you're just RPing as Flint. :p

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:01 am

I think that urban planning is not your forte.
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:06 am

Abserdia wrote:

I think that urban planning is not your forte.

Well i mainly spend my time in urban environments in video games blowing them up or decorating walls in alien blood, so.. building cities nah, blowing up cities, fuck yeah!
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:08 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Abserdia wrote:I think that urban planning is not your forte.

Well i mainly spend my time in urban environments in video games blowing them up or decorating walls in alien blood, so.. building cities nah, blowing up cities, fuck yeah!

That's everyone, mind. :p There's something fun about throwing an asteroid at a city you've built to glory.

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:09 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Abserdia wrote:I think that urban planning is not your forte.

Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:11 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Well i mainly spend my time in urban environments in video games blowing them up or decorating walls in alien blood, so.. building cities nah, blowing up cities, fuck yeah!

That's everyone, mind. :p There's something fun about throwing an asteroid at a city you've built to glory.

I do occasionally make a solid fortress or citadel though, so hit me up if you want a fortified base, just dont expect any major civilian planning unless its for target practice or an elaborate trap.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:17 am

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:21 am

Alright, that goes a bit too far, doesn't it?

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:21 am

Disappointed, but not surprised.
Some people take it too far.
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:22 am

The Batavia wrote:

Alright, that goes a bit too far, doesn't it?

yeah it does, if you send someone a death threat over a video game, regardless of much of a dodgy practice something with that game might be, you are a cunt as far as i am concerned.

Completely out of line.

Abserdia wrote:

Disappointed, but not surprised.
Some people take it too far.

Yup
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:09 pm

I cold use some advice.I have rcently started thinking about what I will do with my tax money at the start of next year. Should be around $700 or so. Last year, I purchased a Switch and at this moment it is my primary and only gaming console. Now, the options that lay before me are three fold.

Should I use the money for the Xbox One X, one of my best friends has been hounding me to get a One. From what I have gathered it looks like a bargain for $500 equipped with a 4k HD Blu Ray player combined with the ability to play in 4k, which I have never experienced. But real talk, 4k doesn't excite me that much. I am not convinced it is worth the investtment. There are a handful of games here I want to play, some multi plat and others first party such as Halo Wars 2, Gears of War 4 and MAss Effect Andromeda and Star Wars Battlefront 2.

But then there is the cheaper PS4 Pro. It looks to be a better dollar value then the X and has the best first party offerings outside of Nintendo. Horizon Zero Dawn and Detroit: Become Human look phenominal. And it is still a capable console for the package. I just know zero PS players personally. And this would be the first time I ever climbed on board the platform while it is relevant. I have owned PS2s and original playstations and even a PS3 but always after they were discontinued. Save a little more money and buy more games.

But one specific question I want to ask anyone who uses these platforms is tthis. How does PSN compare to XBox Live? I have heard horror stories about haccks and network crashes on the PS4 platform. Is it that bad? Because at $60 a year, I want to know my online experieence can be trusted and if the PSN is that unreliable than paying more money for the X with the trade off on Sony's first party games seems worth it to me.

Lastly I could always just take the money and go all in on the Switch. I love the console(favorite Niintendo console to date) and get everything I need to make the most out of it with money left over to get alll of my must have games for at least months. I already acquired a carrying case, 128gb sd card, screen protecter ect. Just need a Pro Controller and a portable battery charger. Then use the left over money for games. I sacrifice certain third party releases but I wont be spreading myself over multiple platforms.

If anyone has any feedback on certain aspects of my question I would appreciate it.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:16 pm

The Rebel Alliances wrote:I cold use some advice.I have rcently started thinking about what I will do with my tax money at the start of next year. Should be around $700 or so. Last year, I purchased a Switch and at this moment it is my primary and only gaming console. Now, the options that lay before me are three fold.

Should I use the money for the Xbox One X, one of my best friends has been hounding me to get a One. From what I have gathered it looks like a bargain for $500 equipped with a 4k HD Blu Ray player combined with the ability to play in 4k, which I have never experienced. But real talk, 4k doesn't excite me that much. I am not convinced it is worth the investtment. There are a handful of games here I want to play, some multi plat and others first party such as Halo Wars 2, Gears of War 4 and MAss Effect Andromeda and Star Wars Battlefront 2.

But then there is the cheaper PS4 Pro. It looks to be a better dollar value then the X and has the best first party offerings outside of Nintendo. Horizon Zero Dawn and Detroit: Become Human look phenominal. And it is still a capable console for the package. I just know zero PS players personally. And this would be the first time I ever climbed on board the platform while it is relevant. I have owned PS2s and original playstations and even a PS3 but always after they were discontinued. Save a little more money and buy more games.

But one specific question I want to ask anyone who uses these platforms is tthis. How does PSN compare to XBox Live? I have heard horror stories about haccks and network crashes on the PS4 platform. Is it that bad? Because at $60 a year, I want to know my online experieence can be trusted and if the PSN is that unreliable than paying more money for the X with the trade off on Sony's first party games seems worth it to me.

Lastly I could always just take the money and go all in on the Switch. I love the console(favorite Niintendo console to date) and get everything I need to make the most out of it with money left over to get alll of my must have games for at least months. I already acquired a carrying case, 128gb sd card, screen protecter ect. Just need a Pro Controller and a portable battery charger. Then use the left over money for games. I sacrifice certain third party releases but I wont be spreading myself over multiple platforms.

If anyone has any feedback on certain aspects of my question I would appreciate it.

*mumbles something about a PC*

Go Xbox. The paying for the online bit is fucking stupid, but Xbox is better than the PS4.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:20 pm

The Rebel Alliances wrote:I cold use some advice.I have rcently started thinking about what I will do with my tax money at the start of next year. Should be around $700 or so. Last year, I purchased a Switch and at this moment it is my primary and only gaming console. Now, the options that lay before me are three fold.

Go all in on a switch I'd suggest.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:56 pm

I forgot about the backwards comp on the XBox One X, that is very appealing to me. I may just be choosing between the X and the Switch at this point.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:41 pm

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction