NATION

PASSWORD

Thread for Gamers VIII: Revenge of the Sh**

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

How do you game?

Console
23%
PC
40%
Arcade
4%
Mobile
13%
Anything and Everything
10%
Other
5%
Catchphrase!
6%

Total votes : 1097

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:22 am

The Batavia wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Some woman followed me on twitch, like why i dont even stream, i just use it to watch people.

Dont get some people.

Are you sure it's not a "sex-bot" like on Twitter?

Huh thats actually a good point, had like fucking five of them this year send me requests on FB.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Sane Outcasts
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 19, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sane Outcasts » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:07 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
The Batavia wrote:Are you sure it's not a "sex-bot" like on Twitter?

Huh thats actually a good point, had like fucking five of them this year send me requests on FB.

There was a bot bouncing around Twitch spamming links to sex sites for a while called Elena because every account it used had the same name followed by a random number string. At this point Elena is practically a meme for some streamers.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Abserdia » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:18 pm

The Batavia wrote:Are you sure it's not a "sex-bot" like on Twitter?

You're so popular!
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Abserdia wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Huh thats actually a good point, had like fucking five of them this year send me requests on FB.

You're so popular!

If only it was with actual women.

Self Deprecating remarks are the best kind of remarks.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Renoa
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 19, 2013

Postby Renoa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Abserdia wrote:You're so popular!

If only it was with actual women.

Lemme tell you, a never-ending barrage of self-deprecating remarks is not a good way to get chix to like you. It took me two years to figure that out.
It's been several years and I'm still the Paradox Thread's Self-Appointed Court Chaplain. No one's ever asked but I thought you should know.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Renoa wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:If only it was with actual women.

Lemme tell you, a never-ending barrage of self-deprecating remarks is not a good way to get chix to like you. It took me two years to figure that out.

Ah dont worry, was just entertaining myself, im not as depressing in real life.

Just a bit of entertainment to help with my boredom.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014

Postby Abserdia » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:07 pm

I remembered why I took a long break from Town of Salem.

Every player is either racist, homophobic, or trolling. They all need a scapegoat every round to vent their frustrations. Mafia is stressful when everybody in the maf flames you for making a simple mistake, which happens every freaking time.
Mistakes, by the way, are seen as things only gay autistic SJW black Jewish women make, and therefore making one gets you nothing but anger.
Trying to have fun in Ranked gets you reported because screw me for joking around a bit, right?
And so much more!

I just need to stop playing it.
It's a fun game, mechanically. It's a great idea, and occasionally, it's really awesome! Getting into a good ranked match with a good mix between jokesters and competitive players is a joy!

But the community is one of the most toxic ones out there, and for a somewhat obscure browser game, that's saying something.
I have to report at least one player every round for either game throwing or harassment, and I am so sick of it.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

The Batavia
Senator

Founded: May 08, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Batavia » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:14 pm

Abserdia wrote:I remembered why I took a long break from Town of Salem.

Every player is either racist, homophobic, or trolling. They all need a scapegoat every round to vent their frustrations. Mafia is stressful when everybody in the maf flames you for making a simple mistake, which happens every freaking time.
Mistakes, by the way, are seen as things only gay autistic SJW black Jewish women make, and therefore making one gets you nothing but anger.
Trying to have fun in Ranked gets you reported because screw me for joking around a bit, right?
And so much more!

It's a fun game, mechanically. It's a great idea, and occasionally, it's really awesome! Getting into a good ranked match with a good mix between jokesters and competitive players is a joy!

But the community is one of the most toxic ones out there, and for a somewhat obscure browser game, that's saying something.
I have to report at least one player every round for either game throwing or harassment, and I am so sick of it.

Maybe we can make a NationStates group where we can play Town of Salem.
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:23 pm

The Batavia wrote:
Abserdia wrote:I remembered why I took a long break from Town of Salem.

And so much more!

Maybe we can make a NationStates group where we can play Town of Salem.

I second that notion!
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

Dylar
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:48 pm

Also...
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016

Postby Skylus » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:50 pm

What is that from?
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Dylar
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:51 pm

Stronghold 2

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:51 am

Renoa wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:If only it was with actual women.

Thanks for the advice, perhaps the life is too depressing for me. To deal with.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:37 am

Thinking about buying PUBG, give me something new to play for a bit.

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:46 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Thinking about buying PUBG, give me something new to play for a bit.

It's a fun game, albeit rage inducing sometimes.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdfENPqJAfY

The artistic side of me had a massive moment of joy watching this video, its fucking class.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Renoa
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 19, 2013

Postby Renoa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:44 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdfENPqJAfY

The artistic side of me has a massive moment of joy watching this video, its fucking class.

10/10, would smoke clove cigarettes and attend poetry slams again.
It's been several years and I'm still the Paradox Thread's Self-Appointed Court Chaplain. No one's ever asked but I thought you should know.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:54 am

So my progress in PUBG so far.

1st game: Got one kill with an AK in close quarters then died pretty quickly.
2nd game: Lasted most of the match and died in 7th place with one kill with a kar98
3rd game: Died really early on and somehow survived against a guy with a shotgun in a small room with no ammo, then got sniped a few minutes later
4th game: Died in 7th place again, but got six kills, so im quite proud of myself for this one. All of them with an AKM bar two which were with a silenced semi auto russian shot gun.

I like this game

And i got a sweet vintage white baseball cap from a loot box, so thats something to brighten my day up no problem.
Renoa wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdfENPqJAfY

The artistic side of me has a massive moment of joy watching this video, its fucking class.

10/10, would smoke clove cigarettes and attend poetry slams again.

Its sooooo good isnt it.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Albali Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 09, 2017

Postby The Albali Republic » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:38 am

I got this game called Defcon earlier today, and it's surprisingly morbid. Once one of your nukes hits a city, it's just a bright flash followed by the words, "Tokyo hit, 7.8m dead" or something like that. It's hard to explain, but I think it's the most unsettling games I've played in a very long time. When the game reaches DEFCON 1, you hear a klaxon, and then another klaxon for every single nuclear launch that blends into one noise depending on how many have been fired; that, along with the massive words saying "Launches detected" and a usual radiation symbol, combined with the quiet, dark ambient noise and music, and you have a fuckin' depressing game, at least for me.
Furballs cause fireballs! Secure all pets before flight.
NS stats are not used; I didn't think I needed to write that one down for you lot
Fluttershy sucks

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:50 am

The Albali Republic wrote:I got this game called Defcon earlier today, and it's surprisingly morbid. Once one of your nukes hits a city, it's just a bright flash followed by the words, "Tokyo hit, 7.8m dead" or something like that. It's hard to explain, but I think it's the most unsettling games I've played in a very long time. When the game reaches DEFCON 1, you hear a klaxon, and then another klaxon for every single nuclear launch that blends into one noise depending on how many have been fired; that, along with the massive words saying "Launches detected" and a usual radiation symbol, combined with the quiet, dark ambient noise and music, and you have a fuckin' depressing game, at least for me.

Yeah, I've seen it on YouTube once. Although the Visuals are limited, the game is very uncomfortable, scary and disturbing. More disturbing than let's say a Mortal Kombat fatality. Maybe it's because deep inside you know there are millions of people dying, or that the earth is going to suffer from nuclear winter forever.
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.

The Albali Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 09, 2017

Postby The Albali Republic » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:53 am

The Batavia wrote:
The Albali Republic wrote:I got this game called Defcon earlier today, and it's surprisingly morbid. Once one of your nukes hits a city, it's just a bright flash followed by the words, "Tokyo hit, 7.8m dead" or something like that. It's hard to explain, but I think it's the most unsettling games I've played in a very long time. When the game reaches DEFCON 1, you hear a klaxon, and then another klaxon for every single nuclear launch that blends into one noise depending on how many have been fired; that, along with the massive words saying "Launches detected" and a usual radiation symbol, combined with the quiet, dark ambient noise and music, and you have a fuckin' depressing game, at least for me.

Yeah, I've seen it on YouTube once. Although the Visuals are limited, the game is very uncomfortable, scary and disturbing. More disturbing than let's say a Mortal Kombat fatality. Maybe it's because deep inside you know there are millions of people dying, or that the earth is going to suffer from nuclear winter forever.

Exactly. Like, even though you know it's just a game and there are no real life consequence, it still hits you (or me anyway) that if it were real, you'd be ending entire families and all of their friends in the blink of an eye, and those people didn't deserve it. It's a game that asks "Do you like hurting people?" without saying a word.
Furballs cause fireballs! Secure all pets before flight.
NS stats are not used; I didn't think I needed to write that one down for you lot
Fluttershy sucks

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:58 am

The Albali Republic wrote:
The Batavia wrote:Yeah, I've seen it on YouTube once. Although the Visuals are limited, the game is very uncomfortable, scary and disturbing. More disturbing than let's say a Mortal Kombat fatality. Maybe it's because deep inside you know there are millions of people dying, or that the earth is going to suffer from nuclear winter forever.

Exactly. Like, even though you know it's just a game and there are no real life consequence, it still hits you (or me anyway) that if it were real, you'd be ending entire families and all of their friends in the blink of an eye, and those people didn't deserve it. It's a game that asks "Do you like hurting people?" without saying a word.

Yeah, indeed. The game is the major reason why I grew to oppose nukes.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:46 am

I played defcon when i was younger, solid game, and yeah the effects of watching the nukes bombard the world with the ambient noise and low music was really well done.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:02 pm

From what I understand, there was a Darksidephil fan thread on the forums at one time...

Or at least, I think it was. What the shit is up with that. :lol:
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:20 pm

>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction