NATION

PASSWORD

Thread for Gamers VIII: Revenge of the Sh**

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

How do you game?

Console
23%
PC
40%
Arcade
4%
Mobile
13%
Anything and Everything
10%
Other
5%
Catchphrase!
6%

Total votes : 1097

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:33 am

Imperial isa wrote:
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
Unfortunately, Bioware has no future plans for updating the game nor releasing any single-player DLC.

They abandoned the game. They, EA and Bioware.

Last update was for MP bug fixes wasn't it ?

Yes, I think it was.

Corrian wrote:
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:Unfortunately, Bioware has no future plans for updating the game nor releasing any single-player DLC.

Yeah, because the gaming community is full of a bunch of whining assholes.

The community kind of brought down the Mass Effect the second they decided it was not as good as the previous entries.
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:16 am

Corrian wrote:
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:Unfortunately, Bioware has no future plans for updating the game nor releasing any single-player DLC.

That has nothing to do with anything; Mass Effect: Andromeda simply didn't sell as well as previous Mass Effect games. Without sufficient demand for the IP, and EA's primary focus on the more profitable "games as a service model", there is no incentive for EA to prioritize resources for continued development of Andromeda for only diminishing returns.
Last edited by Czechanada on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You know what I was. You see what I am. Change me, change me!" - Randall Jarrell.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:22 am

Czechanada wrote:
Corrian wrote:Yeah, because the gaming community is full of a bunch of whining assholes.

That has nothing to do with anything; Mass Effect: Andromeda simply didn't sell as well as previous Mass Effect games. Without sufficient demand for the IP, and EA's primary focus on the more profitable "games as a service model", there is no incentive for EA to prioritize resources for continued development of Andromeda for only diminishing returns.

I would argue that the game was killed in sales because of the whole "outrage" thing. Yes, the facial stuff is kind of stupid, but it still seems like a silly way to kill the game.

Though honestly I never felt like there needed to be another Mass Effect. Better if there was a new IP.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:43 am

Corrian wrote:

Alternative interpretation: They made a bad game and decided to not waste any more time and money trying to fix something that was broken on a fundamental level.
Last edited by Licana on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:54 am

The first Galactic Republic wrote:I finally got around to playing Mass Effect Andromeda. Those animations really are terrible. Characters are ugly and wooden, and their hair in particular is really messed up a lot of the time. When characters are moving, they'll often look like they're having miniature seizures.

Gameplay wise though, this game is shaping up to be really fun. I'm liking the open world design, and damn is it fun to jump around.

Unfortunately, Bioware has no future plans for updating the game nor releasing any single-player DLC.

*eyes bug out of head* MY BRAND!

That sucks. Even the first Mass Effect had DLC. Bring down the sky was pretty good.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Ardavia
Senator

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardavia » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:13 am

picked up a WaW copy for a fiver recently

the campaign on Veteran is... frustrating, yeah let's go with that
professional contrarian
for: whatever you are against
against: whatever you are for

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:38 am

Licana wrote:
Corrian wrote:Yeah, because the gaming community is full of a bunch of whining assholes.

Alternative interpretation: They made a bad game and decided to not waste any more time and money trying to fix something that was broken on a fundamental level.

Considering how many people I see say they like the game as a whole, doesn't sound very "bad"

It just has stupid moments. Like most games ever do.
My Last.FM and RYM

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:46 am

Corrian wrote:Considering how many people I see say they like the game as a whole, doesn't sound very "bad"

Nothing is truly unlikable. If you want to pretend that this is a valid argument of something's merit, then there is damn near nothing in this world that is truly "bad."

Corrian wrote:It just has stupid moments. Like most games ever do.

The thing that sets it apart from "most games" is that it lacks anything that makes most people want to put up with these "stupid moments."
Last edited by Licana on Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
>American education
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Abserdia » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:48 am

I beat the second Necromancer boss in Darkest Dungeon, and it didn't go too bad.
In fact, it went great!

Licana wrote:
Corrian wrote:Considering how many people I see say they like the game as a whole, doesn't sound very "bad"

Nothing is truly unlikable. If you want to pretend that this is a valid argument of something's merit, then there is damn near nothing in this world that is truly "bad."

The thing that sets it apart from "most games" is that it lacks anything that makes most people want to put up with these "stupid moments."

Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:31 am

Licana wrote:

There was still ridiculous internet outrage about it. But that's nothing unusual. You get Internet lynch mob outrage about everything.
My Last.FM and RYM

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:43 am

Corrian wrote:There was still ridiculous internet outrage about it.

Nothing really ridiculous about it; it was a poorly made game. Poorly made media gets lambasted, especially when it is a part of a large and well-liked franchise.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:58 am

Licana wrote:
Corrian wrote:There was still ridiculous internet outrage about it.

Nothing really ridiculous about it; it was a poorly made game. Poorly made media gets lambasted, especially when it is a part of a large and well-liked franchise.

Not always :)

*Looks at endless shitty Early Access games, and the fact Five Nights at Freddy's is still a thing*
My Last.FM and RYM

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:00 pm

Corrian wrote:
Licana wrote:

Not always :)

*Looks at endless shitty Early Access games, and the fact Five Nights at Freddy's is still a thing*

Licana wrote:especially when it is a part of a large and well-liked franchise.

:>
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:22 pm

Ardavia wrote:picked up a WaW copy for a fiver recently

The blood boiled something fierce playing the last few missions of Modern Warfare on veteran.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:38 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:

The blood boiled something fierce playing the last few missions of Modern Warfare on veteran.

The Treyarch games are so much worse.

Like at least the Modern Warfare games don't spawn grenades at your feet if you're in one place too long.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:40 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:The blood boiled something fierce playing the last few missions of Modern Warfare on veteran.

The Treyarch games are so much worse.

Like at least the Modern Warfare games don't spawn grenades at your feet if you're in one place too long.

I remember, and part of this is due to me being a stubborn wanker a lot where in the mission where you are fighting your way down through that village after getting assad (where you have to get to the chinook at the bottom) and the fucking game auto saved as i walked around a corner and got shot in the head by an RPD. I died due to that fucker, like 20 times before i was able to crouch fast enough and shoot back without dying the process. Then i died a fuck ton more times after that trying to leave the house each time i did it i restarted the mission.

That was actually the last one i completed on veteran in the campaign, did all the ones after that then went back and did it. Dont know if i got mile high club or not, cant remember, that one can go fuck itself as well.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Abserdia » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:04 pm

I'm so excited for the Dwarf Fortress update. I didn't start playing until a few months ago, but they're going to add and change a few very interesting stuff. Like spies, expedition parties you can send off into the world, and the artifacts (curiosities, basically) are going to be expanded upon a lot.

I'm not sure if this is all being added in the next update or over the course of multiple, though. I imagine just one, since the dev has been working on it for a very long time, but I dun know.

I finally got the platinum trophy for Undertale.
It took too long, though. Literally all I had to do after beating it was exploit a poor colleg graduate for money and then waste it all on a mysterious shrine dedicated to Toby Fox.
Last edited by Abserdia on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

The Albali Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 09, 2017

Postby The Albali Republic » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:22 pm

Ah, WaW veteran, where the enemy has more grenades than bullets. And you have as much health as a wet piece of tissue paper.

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:The Treyarch games are so much worse.

I remember, and part of this is due to me being a stubborn wanker a lot where in the mission where you are fighting your way down through that village after getting assad (where you have to get to the chinook at the bottom) and the fucking game auto saved as i walked around a corner and got shot in the head by an RPD. I died due to that fucker, like 20 times before i was able to crouch fast enough and shoot back without dying the process. Then i died a fuck ton more times after that trying to leave the house each time i did it i restarted the mission.

That was actually the last one i completed on veteran in the campaign, did all the ones after that then went back and did it. Dont know if i got mile high club or not, cant remember, that one can go fuck itself as well.

I've been playing "One Shot, One Kill" on veteran for a good hour, just on the bit where you have to wait for the helicopter. It's made me possibly the angriest I've ever been at a video game. Once, the chopper was right there, I was about to pick up MacMillan and some dude comes out of nowhere and just unloads his entire AK into my back. And then I stopped trying in case I broke something.
Last edited by The Albali Republic on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Furballs cause fireballs! Secure all pets before flight.
NS stats are not used; I didn't think I needed to write that one down for you lot
Fluttershy sucks

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:42 pm

So, I think I had the most successful Stronghold 2 run in peaceful mode ever. I was able to tax my people to the highest level possible, which is "Extreme Cruel Tax" which gave me over 400 gold at the cost of 16 popularity. But even then, the people still love me because of the double rations of food I gave them, the Mass Exultant(Which consumes candles extremely fast but gives me +8 popularity) that keeps happening at the Church, and the jousting, traveling fairs, and musical guilds. And because I have over 1500 gold, I've been able to buy more toys for my Torturers' Guild to..."rehabilitate" the criminals. Strangely enough, they only use the flogging posts, and not my stretching rack, gibbet, gallows, burn stake, humiliation mask, stocks or torture wheel. I also happened to buy an entire army mainly consisting of warrior monks(that is Christian monks armed with swords and shields), Arab mercenaries, armed peasants, and spearmen. So, I'd say I done did good.

Speaking of Stronghold 2
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:01 pm

Corrian wrote:
Czechanada wrote:

I would argue that the game was killed in sales because of the whole "outrage" thing. Yes, the facial stuff is kind of stupid, but it still seems like a silly way to kill the game.

Except that criticism of the poor visual and literary qualities of a game which belongs to a series that has been historically advertised as having an emphasis on storytelling and character interaction is perfectly valid and reasonable. There have been many other AAA games on the market for the past couple years that have had none of the issues that Andromeda had, so why should consumers ignore the flaws that diminish the overall experience if it's proven that a certain standard of quality in animation and writing is feasible to maintain?

The rest of Mass Effect Andromeda certainly does not have enough impact to be able to supersede the writing and animation issues which had the been case with other games. The gameplay, level design, and story are all mediocre and not memorable in any way.
Last edited by Czechanada on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You know what I was. You see what I am. Change me, change me!" - Randall Jarrell.

The Albali Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 09, 2017

Postby The Albali Republic » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:50 pm

Right, I've beat CoD4 Remastered's single player on veteran. Now for Mile High Club; don't be surprised if you hear that I've murdered someone.
Furballs cause fireballs! Secure all pets before flight.
NS stats are not used; I didn't think I needed to write that one down for you lot
Fluttershy sucks

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:35 am

Imperial isa wrote:Last update was for MP bug fixes wasn't it ?

Yes, I think it was.

The community kind of brought down the Mass Effect the second they decided it was not as good as the previous entries.

It's a fun game, but I can't help sympathizing with those who don't care for it. Weird animations and bugs aside (which I still get them), the story is kinda meh, and combat isn't that great. I'm also more interested in knowing what the hell happens to the Milky Way.

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:02 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
Yes, I think it was.

It's a fun game, but I can't help sympathizing with those who don't care for it. Weird animations and bugs aside (which I still get them), the story is kinda meh, and combat isn't that great. I'm also more interested in knowing what the hell happens to the Milky Way.

They wrote themselves into a corner for that.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:18 am

Some woman followed me on twitch, like why i dont even stream, i just use it to watch people.

Dont get some people.

The Batavia
Senator

Founded: May 08, 2017

Postby The Batavia » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:20 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Some woman followed me on twitch, like why i dont even stream, i just use it to watch people.

Dont get some people.

Are you sure it's not a "sex-bot" like on Twitter?
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction