NATION

PASSWORD

NSPolandball 3: Return Of The Countryballs (4 YEARS!)

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

What should be the next thread's title be?

The Countryball Strikes Back!
23%
Now with more Poland!
14%
AKA The Eternal Polandball Thread
8%
The Most Balls You'll Ever See on NationStates
53%
Other
2%

Total votes : 1657

Blastoise Republic
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Blastoise Republic » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:24 am

Demirestad wrote:I am here to provide for your Polandball Gif needs!

Ausinia wrote:My sister wanted this and seems though it’ll probably be the only PolandBall this month (I’m lazy, ok?) I thought I’ll just post it
(Image)
Request #: 9000000372
Hi Demirestad, can I please have a suspicious Ausiniaball Gif, thanks

Response #: 9000000373
Your request was forwarded to the Department of Polandball Related Imagery.

Your response came in at approximately NOW thank you for choosing our services.

Techoligia wrote:As a test of my self-confidence, I'd like a .gif ball please!

Here you go, the Self-Confidence Exam is due next week, no late work

Allishive wrote:If you're still doing the GIFs can I have one pls

Maori Moon wrote:Heyo! Remember our AHOTW? The first episode is finally out! It's on my channel, Maori Moon Mapping. Please check it out.

This is a PB. It's a grenade that opens a new dimension upon explosion. Of course, you have to pull off the top for the safety to be disabled. It's not context for anything that's definitely not going to be posted tomorrow.
(Image)

Can I have Polandball gifs of my original flags? These two:

Also, if anyone also wants a game loading screen (like I did using Maorimoongifball), please ask! Please note that I am not making gifballs.

Here's Yugoslavia. He's wondering why his flag doesn't have the star on his flag (・_・ヾ
(Image)

It's because he wasn't communist yet. Apparently, they were even called the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes until 1929.

Okay everyone! That's all for today.
~MM

More Maori Moonball Gifs!

Blastoise Republic wrote:Can someone make me a Countryball, please?
I'd want to see the cannon that the girl on the flag holds incorporated somewhere, if that's okay (maybe redrawn though, it'd look too bad as a sprite as seen on the flag). I'm curious of what a Countryball gif would look like as well, so if someone could make a version of my countryball like that (or perhaps provide me with an example or two if you aren't doing Countryball gifs), that would be great.

Your indirect wish is my command!

Sorry for not getting back sooner. This looks great. Thanks!
It's a nation based on a Moemon. Moemon is a ROM hack of Pokémon FireRed for the GBA.
#009: Blastoise - She who shoots powerful waves of water from her cannon. And for those underestimating it: no, it's no ordinary Water Gun (technically it's a Water Cannon, but whatever).

Rivals to Charizard and Venusaur, of course!

Tengania
Envoy

Founded: Nov 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tengania » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:18 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:Hey, I'm back guys! Sorry for the long wait. Just so you know, I'm thinking about retooling my nation's history from the ground-up, and as such I had to change my flag. Don't worry The United Nations Of Europa, I still have a copy of the flag you designed for me saved, just in case you need it (or I need it) for anything. I'll try and post some comics (is it a comic if it's single-panel?) soon.

EDIT: I'm back with a comic describing my new lore!
(Image)

[a lot of history crap]

Wow, you've really had a makeover with everything! Your current flag looks a lot like Russia's 1858–1917 national flag (and my 1918-1982 flag). I love gold/black/white combinations for some reason, though they're super uncommon.
----=====• |THE VANGUARD| •=====----
BREAKING NEWS: Five-hour search for mystery UFOs called off after witness is informed of the existence of birds | Dealing with a Pandemic: should Tengani schools have opened this autumn? | 75,000-year-old hand stencils in a hole near a tree by a river | World tensions rise as first nuclear detonation in thirty-two years detected in southern hemisphere

Dawetid
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dawetid » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:21 pm

Tengania wrote:
Danubian Peoples wrote:Hey, I'm back guys! Sorry for the long wait. Just so you know, I'm thinking about retooling my nation's history from the ground-up, and as such I had to change my flag. Don't worry The United Nations Of Europa, I still have a copy of the flag you designed for me saved, just in case you need it (or I need it) for anything. I'll try and post some comics (is it a comic if it's single-panel?) soon.

EDIT: I'm back with a comic describing my new lore!
(Image)

[a lot of history crap]

Wow, you've really had a makeover with everything! Your current flag looks a lot like Russia's 1858–1917 national flag (and my 1918-1982 flag). I love gold/black/white combinations for some reason, though they're super uncommon.

It’s the Austrian flag from 1720…
There are some people that are there purely to oppose everything I say or do.
Samudera Darussalam wrote:Banned because all hail ban-hammer, the only true ruler and savior of this thread.

[REDACTED] wrote:Although, let's talk about your obsession with ŋ, k, and j.

Discord server has risen again. Come join!

Sesconia
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sesconia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:21 pm

Dawetid wrote:
Tengania wrote:Wow, you've really had a makeover with everything! Your current flag looks a lot like Russia's 1858–1917 national flag (and my 1918-1982 flag). I love gold/black/white combinations for some reason, though they're super uncommon.

It’s the Austrian flag from 1720…

Not just that, it's the banner of the family of Habsburg.

Sefy the Great
Diplomat

Founded: May 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sefy the Great » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Sesconia wrote:
Dawetid wrote:It’s the Austrian flag from 1720…

Not just that, it's the banner of the family of Habsburg.

My favourite inbred dynasty.
A 12.7 civilization, according to this index.

Motto is "All shall be well, and all matter of things shall be well." but it didn't fit.
reworking history, please wait...

Sesconia
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Sesconia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Can I get a Sesconiaball, please?

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:27 pm

Sesconia wrote:Can I get a Sesconiaball, please?

Please don't do that. Nationnameball should be Nationname, both in and out of comics. (At least according to r/Polandball). Then again we've broken like every other rule now, haven't we? :meh:
Anyway here's your request:
Image.

Also, the great war for my nation's timeline. Clays on the left are the analogue to the Triple Entente, on the right are clays in the analogue to the Central Powers.
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Ausinia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ausinia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:30 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:
Sesconia wrote:Can I get a Sesconiaball, please?

Please don't do that. Nationnameball should be Nationname, both in and out of comics. (At least according to r/Polandball). Then again we've broken like every other rule now, haven't we? :meh:
Anyway here's your request:
Image.

Also, the great war for my nation's timeline. Clays on the left are the analogue to the Triple Entente, on the right are clays in the analogue to the Central Powers.

Two posts in two days?
[url]Discord, cus why not [To be fixed][/url]
-Astoria wrote:‘WE'RE NOT COMMUNISTS, DAMMIT!’

Then explain the hammer-and-sickle on your flag. Otherwise, X.
This nation does not completely agree with my views.
Cooperation, Command, Control
THE UNITED COMMONWEALTH of AUSINIA
The Ausinian National:Due to recent baby booms in Ausinia, a general board has being formed, the leaders in new ways of fair population control. Suggested methods already include standardised testing in schools, for the most fit and intelligent to stand out.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:32 pm

Ausinia wrote:[snip]

Make that two posts in one day. I posted those two within 24 hours of each other.
NS stats are not used.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

New Excalibus
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Excalibus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:49 pm

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Expect new art soon!
✦ excal ✦
complicated signatures are for the weak.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:00 pm

NS stats are not used.

New Transeurasia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New Transeurasia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Demirestad wrote:I am here to provide for your Polandball Gif needs!

Ausinia wrote:My sister wanted this and seems though it’ll probably be the only PolandBall this month (I’m lazy, ok?) I thought I’ll just post it
(Image)
Request #: 9000000372
Hi Demirestad, can I please have a suspicious Ausiniaball Gif, thanks

Response #: 9000000373
Your request was forwarded to the Department of Polandball Related Imagery.

Your response came in at approximately NOW thank you for choosing our services.

Techoligia wrote:As a test of my self-confidence, I'd like a .gif ball please!

Here you go, the Self-Confidence Exam is due next week, no late work

Allishive wrote:If you're still doing the GIFs can I have one pls

Maori Moon wrote:Heyo! Remember our AHOTW? The first episode is finally out! It's on my channel, Maori Moon Mapping. Please check it out.

This is a PB. It's a grenade that opens a new dimension upon explosion. Of course, you have to pull off the top for the safety to be disabled. It's not context for anything that's definitely not going to be posted tomorrow.
(Image)

Can I have Polandball gifs of my original flags? These two:

Also, if anyone also wants a game loading screen (like I did using Maorimoongifball), please ask! Please note that I am not making gifballs.

Here's Yugoslavia. He's wondering why his flag doesn't have the star on his flag (・_・ヾ
(Image)

It's because he wasn't communist yet. Apparently, they were even called the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes until 1929.

Okay everyone! That's all for today.
~MM

More Maori Moonball Gifs!

Blastoise Republic wrote:Can someone make me a Countryball, please?
I'd want to see the cannon that the girl on the flag holds incorporated somewhere, if that's okay (maybe redrawn though, it'd look too bad as a sprite as seen on the flag). I'm curious of what a Countryball gif would look like as well, so if someone could make a version of my countryball like that (or perhaps provide me with an example or two if you aren't doing Countryball gifs), that would be great.

Your indirect wish is my command!

Could I have a NSpolandball gif of me?
EurasiaЕвразия欧亜ユーラシア
LIBERATE THE WORLD / DEMOCRACY AND PROSPERITY / FORGED BY MAN THEMSELF
Welcome to 2035. Tenth-light-speed spacecraft, overpopulation, abundance of resources, the tripolar cold war, and catgirls await.

ENN 欧亜囯家通訊社 Eurasian National News: S7 Airlines flight 661 makes emergency landing in Miiriney, RU after failed hijacking | CTVN 长春広播电視集団 Chángchūn Television Network: President Kuzma makes speech on plans for her 2nd term after re-election
MT-PMT gang
2k10s scenemo nation lol - honestly have no idea what to do with this anymore
NStats imprisoned on Proteus
trans rights! ♀ she/they
Background Music

La Paz de Los Ricos
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby La Paz de Los Ricos » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:45 pm

So, I made a gif (regular-sized characters, not pixel-balls as that would be copying Demirestad) as a little experiment into the whole gif making aspect of Polandball.

ImageImageImageImage

Simple little thing, these images are made into a gif, with the whole point being it's just Los Ricos with the colors cycling to the left over and over. I made a slow version, that you can see below.

If anyone could tell me if posting a faster version (slides being about 0.1 seconds) is allowed or against the rules, that'd be great, thanks.

And yes, I believe it's pronounced "gif", not "gif" or "gif".

Also this one finally has a smooth outline! Hooray for me, I guess.
The Treangolist Revival of La Paz de Los Ricos
I survived the April 2024 NS outage! Also on a t-shirt! | Reworking national information. | The Navaluege Language (WIP)
CURRENT PROJECT . . .
The Tale These Islands Tell [PRIVATE|CLOSED] — [Chapter II - 02 April 2024]
A curmudgeonly Canadian reluctantly aids an aging Ricano legend in reviving the nation's history.

Dawetid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dawetid » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:47 pm

La Paz de Los Ricos wrote:So, I made a gif (regular-sized characters, not pixel-balls as that would be copying Demirestad) as a little experiment into the whole gif making aspect of Polandball.

Simple little thing, these images are made into a gif, with the whole point being it's just Los Ricos with the colors cycling to the left over and over. I made a slow version, that you can see below.

If anyone could tell me if posting a faster version (slides being about 0.1 seconds) is allowed or against the rules, that'd be great, thanks.

And yes, I believe it's pronounced "gif", not "gif" or "gif".

Also this one finally has a smooth outline! Hooray for me, I guess.

Banned for not using IPA for pronunciation - wait, wrong thread.
Samudera Darussalam wrote:Banned because all hail ban-hammer, the only true ruler and savior of this thread.

Demirestad
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Demirestad » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:15 pm

Alright folks, I have to take a longterm break from Nationstates in order to clear my head for a bit. I have been giving myself a lot of stuff to worry about, and although I have enjoyed every moment being active and creating things here in the forum I know that I need to step away for a bit and reign my head in. I do hope to return, but I don't know when that will be. It has truly been a pleasure being here, thank you. Demirestad signing off.
+ Dan Unasten Republik vonn Stadelandt +

I would create another nation to change the name but this one already has to much on it, whups

Staden Neuheten
Nothing whatsoever... For now

NS Stats are not used

Ausinia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ausinia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:22 pm

How my puppet works everytime
[url]Discord, cus why not [To be fixed][/url]
-Astoria wrote:‘WE'RE NOT COMMUNISTS, DAMMIT!’

Then explain the hammer-and-sickle on your flag. Otherwise, X.
This nation does not completely agree with my views.
Cooperation, Command, Control
THE UNITED COMMONWEALTH of AUSINIA
The Ausinian National:Due to recent baby booms in Ausinia, a general board has being formed, the leaders in new ways of fair population control. Suggested methods already include standardised testing in schools, for the most fit and intelligent to stand out.

Marshal I
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Marshal I » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:26 pm

try making a ball of a flag that has a face on it. I dare you
<-
bark, bark, I'm a squirrel
-Marshal of The Squirrel Island ran by Marshal I

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:36 pm

Marshal I wrote:try making a ball of a flag that has a face on it. I dare you
<-

I think I might have to pass on your request. Sorry. It's just that uhh, even if we have noticeably low standards, we still have standards. Or at least I have. I'm not sure if anyone else will feel the same about your request.
Once again, sorry.
NS stats are not used.

Marshal I
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Marshal I » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:17 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:
Marshal I wrote:try making a ball of a flag that has a face on it. I dare you
<-

I think I might have to pass on your request. Sorry. It's just that uhh, even if we have noticeably low standards, we still have standards. Or at least I have. I'm not sure if anyone else will feel the same about your request.
Once again, sorry.

lol that's fine mate
bark, bark, I'm a squirrel
-Marshal of The Squirrel Island ran by Marshal I

Great Japana
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Japana » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:23 am

Great Japana can into countryballs

Masleckia
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Masleckia » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:56 pm

Masleckia can into country balls

(god its been so long since Ive drawn these things)

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:24 pm

For the two posters above me, their artworks are pretty good for someone of previously unknown ability (in other words, someone new here)

I'd also like you guys to check out this dispatch that shows a map of my universe's Europe circa 1936, with countryballs!(Also I see that Italy flag, I'm gonna fix it soon enough) I'd also like to put up some lore changes here:

Austria (me) cedes Tyrol and Istria to Italy in order to secure an alliance with them. Italy is now in the Entente instead of the Central Powers in my universe's analogue to WW1.

The Russian Empire joins North Germany's Central Powers instead of the Entente.

The war starts on 1914, when Hungary unlawfully annexes Bosnia.

The Entente in this universe (Austria, France, Italy, UK and others) win by 1918, and proceed to divy up the lands of the losers. Austria takes its place as both the rightful Germany and Balkan Hegemon, and annexes North Germany and Hungary, while the Entente as a whole set up client states in the former Imperial Russian lands, which are, Belarus, Ukraine, a restored Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, and Finland, as well as Estonia and Latvia.

Russia after receiving the harsh treaty is toppled and civil war ensues, reaching deep into the Entente's client states.

In the Balkans, the Balkan League after beating Bulgaria, which sided with the Central Powers proceed to divide Bulgaria and establish a small rump state in place of it. Greece also receives its claims in Anatolia and Romania takes Ossetia and Moldova, while Serbia reforms itself into Yugoslavia, and proceeds to begin staking claims on Bosnia and Croatia.

Come 1922, the Russian Civil War is finished, and the Soviet Republic is established. Due to the civil war, the client states are destabilized, and part ways with the Entente, with the exception of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Ukraine becomes the Socialist Republic of Ukraine and sides with the Soviet Republic in their new Internationale. Estonia and Latvia too turn to the far left and opt into annexation into the Soviet Republic. Belarus in response turns to the far right and establishes itself as a staunchly anticommunist state. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth remains unchanged, much to the delight of the Entente.

Come 1925, a few years after the end of the chaos in Europe, the USGA (Austria) breaks off from the Entente as it proceeds to cement itself as the European Superpower. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth sides with the USGA in this secession from the Entente.

The Great Depression hits in 1929 like OTL, and plunges the world (save for Soviet Russia and co.) into economic ruin. In the years (around 1931 to be exact) following, the Vienna Stock Exchange takes the place of New York as the center of the world's financial transactions. Meanwhile Entente-USGA relations further sour under disagreements with economic cooperation in these trying times.

In the time between 1931 and 1936, Europe changes in smaller ways, but ways nonetheless. The Iron Guard takes power in Romania, and begin campaigning for an eventual reclamation of Transylvania. Just south of Romania, the Bulgarian puppet regime begins to show its cracks, and could give way to a revanchist state that will plunge the Balkan League into its darkest hour at any moment. In the East, the communists begin to eye up Belarus, which could spark a conflict at some time soon. In Iberia, Spain falls to revolts once again, this time it is the Catalonians, who have united to create a Socialist Iberia. Portugal, seeing the chaos over east, takes Galicia.

Now it is 1936. The above statements are still true, and so are their implications. The war in Spain has bled many lives, but is it ready to bleed more? The powder keg in the Balkans is ready to be lit again, whether it be by the Iron Guard, revanchist Yugoslavians, or the long-oppressed Bulgarians. The only question is when? Minsk is under perpetual siege by the Socialists, who at this time are ready to strike again. And economic analysts are suspecting another crash in the stock market sometime this year, time will tell if they are only suspicions.
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are not used.

Dawetid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dawetid » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:28 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:

Why is there a Swiss flag in the North Sea? Also for Russia you wrote REFER instead of RSFSR.
Last edited by Dawetid on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:25 pm

Dawetid wrote:[snip]

Here is my source for the Russian flag. As for the Swiss flag and the Italian flag, I forgot to blot those out when I left them in frame for a reference when making their respective countryballs.
NS stats are not used.

Dawetid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dawetid » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:27 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:
Dawetid wrote:[snip]

Here is my source for the Russian flag. As for the Swiss flag and the Italian flag, I forgot to blot those out when I left them in frame for a reference when making their respective countryballs.

I know, it’s supposed to read РСФСР, but the way you write the С make them look like Е/Є.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction