NATION

PASSWORD

Video game quotes

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
East Fancainia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Video game quotes

Postby East Fancainia » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:30 pm

Top 10 best (and worst)video game quotes of all time(for mah nerd friends)
10."John Romero's about to make you his bitch" From the game Hubris. Isn't it great when a developer put's his name in his game?
9."You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." From a very un-popular 80's game. Let's jsut say, that I'm not a fan of this one.
8."You were almost a Jill sandwich!" From the original Resident Evil. Who doesn't love over clichced things?
7."would you kindly?" From the King Kong game, it was good when you saw the thing speak for the first time.
6.“Didn’t we have some fun though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said ‘Goodbye’ and you were like ‘NO WAY!’ and then I was all ‘We pretended we were going to murder you’? That was great." Crack heads, two words ha, and ha
5."Hey dudes, thanks for rescuing me! Let's go for a burger...Ha! Ha! Ha!" You jsut saved the president and he wants a hamburger *facepalm*
4."Prepare for unforseen consequences." From Half life: episode two, the guy jumps on you and says that. Most people thank god he wasn't gay.
3."...But our princess is in another castle!" From Mario. When you go through 7 diffent worlds it says this every single time!
2."War. War never changes." This is a very epic quote from Fallout 3. Even after most of the world has been turned into nuclear ash, after the greatest and most horrible war of all, the human race has every reason to band together in an effort to save one another from total annihilation -- they don't.
1."A man chooses; a slave obeys." This one's from Bioshock and I take it to heart. BioShock wants us to question authority but for videogaming, as well. When Cortana asks you to pistol-whip a bunch of aliens in Halo, why not stop for a moment and really think about why you're doing it? I know it's fun, but it's unimportant
Put some other one's at the bottom.

East Fancainia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby East Fancainia » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:37 pm

Here's a videogame related quote:
"I recently learned something quite interesting about video games. Many young people have developed incredible hand, eye, and brain coordination in playing these games. The air force believes these kids will be our outstanding pilots should they fly our jets."
-Ronald Reagan

Jordaxia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jordaxia » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:37 pm

So... 'would you kindly' and 'bioshock' in the same thread but not connected? That's a new one.
...gorgonopsids.

East Fancainia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby East Fancainia » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:40 pm

Jordaxia wrote:So... 'would you kindly' and 'bioshock' in the same thread but not connected? That's a new one.

I'm not a fan of the King Kong games, so I took my wrath out on them :twisted: , no seriously I did that because everyone connects the two.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:53 pm

5. "A blade can cut, a fire can incinerate, but only a mind can truly destroy." - Diver Down

4. "... And the Arrogant man knew the name of the King." -Triby's Notes

3. "Snake? Snake?!? SNAAAAAAAKE!" -MGS

2. "Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds." -HK-47

1. "To know oneself, and to know one's enemy. Those who fail at either lose the battle. Those who fail at both lose more than from which they could ever recover." -Diver Down

By the way, your list is hardly original.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

East Fancainia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby East Fancainia » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:5. "A blade can cut, a fire can incinerate, but only a mind can truly destroy." - Diver Down

4. "... And the Arrogant man knew the name of the King." -Triby's Notes

3. "Snake? Snake?!? SNAAAAAAAKE!" -MGS

2. "Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds." -HK-47

1. "To know oneself, and to know one's enemy. Those who fail at either lose the battle. Those who fail at both lose more than from which they could ever recover." -Diver Down

By the way, your list is hardly original.

I know I just like the quotes

Rambhutan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 28, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Rambhutan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:55 pm

George Stobbart: Let's just say I'm working in the interests of truth and justice.
Todryk: Ah, Thank God, I thought you were the police.

George Stobbart: You speak very good English for a French girl.
Nicole "Nico" Collard: Thanks. You speak very good English for an American

Moue: [pointing a gun at George] Freeze! Hold it... right there!
George Stobbart: Woah! Don't shoot! I'm innocent! I'm an American!
Moue: Can't make up your mind, huh?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Stobbart: [looking at lipstick] It wasn't my color. And, it reminded me of clowns.

George Stobbart: He looked like an older version of Lobineau. The same supercilious expression, the same disdain in his eyes... and the same damned ponytail.

George Stobbart: He was a pear-shaped guy with a fine display of multiple chins.

George Stobbart: The fish was wet and slimy, and decidedly dead.

George Stobbart: I felt a slight twinge of conscience as I prepared to give the dog a dunking. It soon passed.

George Stobbart: He had the eyes of a cocker spaniel set in a face like a deflated soufflé.

George Stobbart: The mournful look in that goat's eyes was beginning to depress me.

George Stobbart: Sometimes, I got the feeling that communication with Pearl was like sending signals out into space. Maybe, if you waited long enough, you'd get an intelligent answer back... but it was a long shot.

George Stobbart: It was the weird guy who wasn't wearing any pants.

George Stobbart: Someone had thoughtfully provided little shades for the light bulbs. The rest of the prison area looked like an English public toilet.

George Stobbart: With a creak of ancient corsetry, the sisters sailed majestically over the distant horizon.

George Stobbart: It was a woman with huge... boots. And, an impressive cleavage.

George Stobbart: One of the reasons I hate guns so much is the way they make people so damned impolite.

George Stobbart: The red-haired woman had an air of authority that might intimidate some men. But not me. She terrified me.

George Stobbart: I wasn't going to spend any more time talking to that pompous blimp.
Are we there yet?

Overherelandistan wrote: I chalange you to find a better one that isnt even worse

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:55 pm

" In my day we didn't have any singularity canoranders, we had to kill the drudge preists with our bare hands and we liked it!"- Grandpa simpsom phone call cameo from Blood 2

"Good morning Gordon!"- random scientist from the beginning of half life.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:00 pm

"You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it." - Sovereign, Mass Effect

"Even in a book of lies you sometimes find truth." - Andrew Ryan
Last edited by Allied Governments on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[SHOCKING] Woman dragged by coffee cup into the MANDRILL MAZE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdllAAHq-WA

Strykla
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Strykla » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:01 pm

"I need a weapon." Halo 2
"Stay frosty." CoD4/Aliens
"I like to keep This one for close encounters."CoD4/Aliens
"WE ARE LEAVING!"CoD4/Aliens
Lord Justice Clerk of the Classical Royalist Party, NSG Senate. Hail, Companion!

Floreria
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Floreria » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:02 pm

This thread requires more Die monsters and Miserable little piles of secrets.
Economic Left/Right: -9.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.90

My nation's technological information
I have no powers. I mean, unless you count the power to blow minds with my weapons-grade philosophical insights. I'm a thought-o-coster, I'm a conundrummer in a band called Lifepuzzler.

Tatros
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tatros » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:02 pm

"I hate elevators, i hate helicopters, i hate hospitals and doctors and lawyers and cops, but you know what i don't hate? I don't hate Vests" - Francis from left 4 Dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stDd_VHLEUo
Last edited by Tatros on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zoharland
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Zoharland » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:03 pm

"I, Garland, will knock you all down!" -Final Fantasy

The 11th Level of Hell
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The 11th Level of Hell » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:05 pm

this isnt a spoken quote but its words on the screen- "Nine-toes (also he has three balls)"

Lancaster of Wessex
Senator

Founded: Feb 21, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lancaster of Wessex » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:07 pm

"Congraturation!" - on beating the game, SNK's POW: Prisoners of War, NES
Lancaster.
Duke of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Lancaster of Wessex

The Most High, Potent, and Noble Prince, Lancaster, By the Grace of God, Duke of Wessex, Protector of the Enclaved Pious Estates of The Church of Wessex, Lord of Saint Aldhelm Islands, Prince and Great Steward of Celtic Wessex, Keeper of the Great Seal of the Duchy and House of Lancaster of Wessex, Sovereign of the Most Ancient and Illustrious Order of the Gold Gryphon, etc.

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:09 pm

Not exactly original, but...

From Prisoners of Ice:

"That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die."

The 11th Level of Hell
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby The 11th Level of Hell » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:09 pm

Allied Governments wrote:"You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it." - Sovereign, Mass Effect

"Even in a book of lies you sometimes find truth." - Andrew Ryan

i always loved that Sovereign quote

Peisandros
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Peisandros » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Strykla wrote:"I need a weapon." Halo 2
"Stay frosty." CoD4/Aliens
"I like to keep This one for close encounters."CoD4/Aliens
"WE ARE LEAVING!"CoD4/Aliens

:lol: I love "stay frosty" - it's great
Vindication, Is all it takes to change your life.

BoF31 runner up. WC44 Second round. CoH37 co-host and runner up. DBC9 third. DBC10 third. WC47 Second round.

The Scandinvans
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scandinvans » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:12 pm

"It is this great inversion, this ancient lie which has chained humanity to an endless cycle of guilt and failure. My journey to Rapture was my second exodus. In 1919 I fled a county that had been traded in despotism for insanity. The Marxist Revolution simply traded one lie for another. Instead of one man, the Czar, owning the work of all the people, all the people owned the work of all of the people. And so I came to America; where a man could own his own work. Where a man could benefit from the brilliance of his own mind, the strength of his own muscles, the might of his own will." (Andrew Ryan)

"I am Andrew Ryan and I am here to ask you a question: is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own brow? No, says the man in Washington. It belongs to the poor. No, says the man in the Vatican. It belongs to God. No, says the man in Moscow. It belongs to everyone. I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...Rapture." (Andrew Ryan)
Last edited by The Scandinvans on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the Glorious Empire of the Scandinvans. Surrender or be destroyed. Your civilization has ended, your time is over. Your people will be assimilated into our Empire. Your technological distinctiveness shall be added to our own. Your culture shall be supplanted by our own. And your lands will be made into our lands.

"For five thousand years has our Empire endured. In war and peace we have thrived. Against overwhelming odds we evolved. No matter what we face we have always survived and grown. We shall always be triumphant." -Emperor Godfrey II

Hope for a brighter tomorrow - fight the fight, find the cure

Crabulonia
Minister

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Crabulonia » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:12 pm

"I am the vanguard of your destruction" Sovereign/Mass Effect

Rambhutan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 28, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Rambhutan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:14 pm

Manuel Calavera: Did you kill much when you were alive?
Mercedes Colomar: Very little.
Manuel Calavera: Never killed anybody.
Mercedes Colomar: I have to confess... I never killed anybody.
Manuel Calavera: Not even a teensy bit of killing?
Mercedes Colomar: MAYBE I JUST WASN'T TRYING HARD ENOUGH.

Glottis: Manny, until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar. Like eagles. Yeah. LIKE EAGLES... ON... POGO STICKS.

Manuel Calavera: [referring to making balloon animals] Can you teach me to do that?
Clown: Well, uh, since you're a beginner, why don't you practice the first step?
Manuel Calavera: Which is?
Clown: Blow.

Manuel Calavera: [to the coroner, Membrillo] How do you do this job?
Membrillo: Without becoming jaded, you mean? The secret to my happiness, Manuel, is I have the heart of a twelve year old child. I keep it in a jar over here. Would you like to see it?
Manuel Calavera: NO.
Membrillo: Sorry. Old coroner joke.

Manuel Calavera: You know, you have a really bad taste in men.
Olivia Ofrenda: No, I have a taste for really bad men. There's a difference.
Are we there yet?

Overherelandistan wrote: I chalange you to find a better one that isnt even worse

Herminia
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herminia » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:15 pm

"Hey, don't worry, Sarge, doc's gonna patch you up, we'll see ya real soon."-Call of Duty 2: Big Red One

"Against impossible odds, millions come forward to answer the call of their countries, their families, their lives."-Last words of the CoD Finest Hour campaign intro

"We will take the fight to their land, to their people, to their blood."-Call of Duty World at War (I don't have the game, but I thought it was pretty significant)

"<I admire a man who doesn't give up, today, you die American!>"-Medal of Honor Frontline
No, in RL, I'm not a Nazi, I'm just an ordinary guy who knows the true politics behind it.
New Nicksyllvania wrote:Long live the Empire! A thousand Huzzahs for Herminia, and may our most esteemed Chancellor, the handsome devil, die a most noble and courageous death soon!

Canadai wrote:Seeing that, in a modern setting, scares the @#!*% out of me.

I have to say, you're by far the best at RPing a modern Nazi nation I've seen. Right down to the national motto.

in Herminia, gays are given the honour of executing communists

you truly are an enlightened nation

Zis nation has elements of magic, oppressed Nichtmenschen, and Nazi Super Science, zere is no realism with me

The 11th Level of Hell
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby The 11th Level of Hell » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:19 pm

"howd a muppet like you pass selection"- Captain Price, CoD4

"stupid alien!"- Random Marines in Halo 3

"ive had enough...of your bullshit!"- Chris Redfield, RE5

Herminia
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herminia » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Not to mention "What the hell kind of a name is Soap?!" :rofl: I don't own CoD 4, but that line's pretty dang funny.
No, in RL, I'm not a Nazi, I'm just an ordinary guy who knows the true politics behind it.
New Nicksyllvania wrote:Long live the Empire! A thousand Huzzahs for Herminia, and may our most esteemed Chancellor, the handsome devil, die a most noble and courageous death soon!

Canadai wrote:Seeing that, in a modern setting, scares the @#!*% out of me.

I have to say, you're by far the best at RPing a modern Nazi nation I've seen. Right down to the national motto.

in Herminia, gays are given the honour of executing communists

you truly are an enlightened nation

Zis nation has elements of magic, oppressed Nichtmenschen, and Nazi Super Science, zere is no realism with me

The chrisman union
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 13, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The chrisman union » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:29 pm

"The world's last drop of oil will be burned by a tank." - Wayne Andrews, Frontlines: Fuel of War.
Embassy
The Allied Nations of the Chrisman Union (ANCU)
Leader: President Christian Veldt
Armed forces: 900,000
Population: 340,000,000
Government type: Liberal Social Democracy
Shebu wrote: 9 out of 10 times when you have a Ak47 pointed at you, you pay attention.

North Defese wrote:If I had a nickle and the head of everyone who called me [Defense], I'd be rich, and thrown in prison for all the mutliated corpses strewn about my house.

Tunizcha wrote:Never get in a staring contest with a cat. Even if you win, you still lose, because you just spent 5 minutes staring at a cat.

Canadai wrote:In Canadai, the vertically impaired are treated as equal citizens, and given ladders by the government.

Niur wrote:Lets all just get brain transplants to shark bodies.
Defcon: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction