NATION

PASSWORD

The Fallout Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you have Fallout 4 yet?

yes, and its the best game i've ever played ever
35%
yes and i hate it. refund when?
9%
maybe idk
10%
no but im buying it by the end of the year
12%
no and ill never play a fallout game in my entire life
5%
this pull fucking sucks who let you be op
29%

Total votes : 1009

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:32 am

Licana wrote:
Benomia 3 wrote:It's prolly just me but I feel like Deathclaws are significantly weaker in FO4 then they were in FNV.

Or maybe the fact that my last FNV character was Unarmed-only poisoned my opinions of the lizardthings. Idk.

They're effectively much stronger than they were in FNV. The reason they don't feel like it is probably because Power Armour is also significantly more powerful than it was in FNV, and most of the places you'd commonly encounter a Deathclaw in are places you would bring Power Armour to anyway.

Very much this.

Hell, when I encountered one in Concord I shat my pants, despite having a power armour.

They do seem a bit less perceptive, imo.

Benomia 3
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia 3 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:34 am

Licana wrote:
Benomia 3 wrote:It's prolly just me but I feel like Deathclaws are significantly weaker in FO4 then they were in FNV.

Or maybe the fact that my last FNV character was Unarmed-only poisoned my opinions of the lizardthings. Idk.

They're effectively much stronger than they were in FNV. The reason they don't feel like it is probably because Power Armour is also significantly more powerful than it was in FNV, and most of the places you'd commonly encounter a Deathclaw in are places you would bring Power Armour to anyway.

I didn't use power armor until like level 20
All power to the brave.
Please, call me Benomia. Formerly known as Benomia and Bezombia. Post count +43875, founded 23 October 2012. This nation doesn't remotely represent my views.

May Mays
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby May Mays » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:05 pm

Licana wrote:

They're slower.

They still tear through power armor like it's paper.

But if they're still capable of it, I haven't seen one pull the crazy lunge move they would use in FNV. They used to be able to close distances ridiculously fast. They were less tanky in FNV, but once they got up to you that didn't matter.

You'd also usually encounter them in massive groups. As a single enemy, more dangerous than before but they're honestly easier to deal with now.
It's just me against the world.

RIP ZYZZ
Husseinarti wrote:yeah fun is shitty and gay

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:10 pm

So how good is FO4? Also, I heard that Power Armour seems to be too common and easily acquired compared to previous games. Though to be honest, I found power armour rather easy to get in FO3.

May Mays
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby May Mays » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:13 pm

Napkiraly wrote:So how good is FO4? Also, I heard that Power Armour seems to be too common and easily acquired compared to previous games. Though to be honest, I found power armour rather easy to get in FO3.

Power armor is much more important but like 10000000000000x cooler.

It's Fallout 3 but everything shitty about Fallout 3 fixed and a much larger and denser world map. + Crap dialogue options, and the plot still isn't very fallout-y but it's still much, much better written.

RIP ZYZZ

Transvaal Vrystaat
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Transvaal Vrystaat » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:14 pm

It's better than F03, but not quite as good as Fallout New Vegas.

You get babbys first power armor within ten minutes of starting the actual game, but finding enough fusion cores and resources to upgrade it with tends to be a problem until you hit the midgame or so.
Literal Space Boers in the Asteroid Belt. Factbook tbd.

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:20 pm

May Mays wrote:They're slower.

They still tear through power armor like it's paper.

But if they're still capable of it, I haven't seen one pull the crazy lunge move they would use in FNV. They used to be able to close distances ridiculously fast. They were less tanky in FNV, but once they got up to you that didn't matter.

Their stupid little juke moves are definitely much less useful/threatening than the ridiculous-speed lunge they had in FNV. That being said, will definitely dispute the point about Power Armour. Deathclaws in FO4 are a joke if you have Power Armour on, in FNV they were still fully capable of dealing notable amounts of damage through power armour.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Transvaal Vrystaat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Transvaal Vrystaat » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:21 pm

To be fair, BB guns were capable of penetrating power armor in FNV.

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:24 pm

Transvaal Vrystaat wrote:To be fair, BB guns were capable of penetrating power armor in FNV.

Dealing minimum damage as a player-comfort mechanic doesn't really equate to "penetrating." Besides, you could turn that off with Project Nevada. :>
>American education
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:26 pm

May Mays wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:So how good is FO4? Also, I heard that Power Armour seems to be too common and easily acquired compared to previous games. Though to be honest, I found power armour rather easy to get in FO3.

Power armor is much more important but like 10000000000000x cooler.

It's Fallout 3 but everything shitty about Fallout 3 fixed and a much larger and denser world map. + Crap dialogue options, and the plot still isn't very fallout-y but it's still much, much better written.

Hm, interesting. I will admit it does look like a much more dense and populated world, which was my main gripe with FO3 (seriously, raiders or Super Mutants should have overrun the various settlements looooong ago).

I dunno, I liked the premise of FO3's plot, but it could have been written and executed far better. Though I think an interesting secondary plot would have been to tackle the Super Mutant threat in the Capital Wasteland.

Is it much more important due to the environment or just how the game is overall?
Transvaal Vrystaat wrote:It's better than F03, but not quite as good as Fallout New Vegas.

You get babbys first power armor within ten minutes of starting the actual game, but finding enough fusion cores and resources to upgrade it with tends to be a problem until you hit the midgame or so.
Ah okay, fair enough then I suppose.

Transvaal Vrystaat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Transvaal Vrystaat » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:30 pm

Licana wrote:
Transvaal Vrystaat wrote:To be fair, BB guns were capable of penetrating power armor in FNV.

Dealing minimum damage as a player-comfort mechanic doesn't really equate to "penetrating." Besides, you could turn that off with Project Nevada. :>

I played through New Vegas on 360.

It was suffering.

May Mays
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby May Mays » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:35 pm

Napkiraly wrote:
May Mays wrote:Power armor is much more important but like 10000000000000x cooler.

Hm, interesting. I will admit it does look like a much more dense and populated world, which was my main gripe with FO3 (seriously, raiders or Super Mutants should have overrun the various settlements looooong ago).

I dunno, I liked the premise of FO3's plot, but it could have been written and executed far better. Though I think an interesting secondary plot would have been to tackle the Super Mutant threat in the Capital Wasteland.

Is it much more important due to the environment or just how the game is overall?

Well if you plan on doing any big dungeons you'll need power armor. It's much, much stronger than it ever was before. I feel like Bethesda balanced combat around power armor to make it a much more essential element.

In your first couple of hours, the T-45 set you get very early will be the best equipment you'll have. But once you explore some more, chances are you'll find normal armor that's just slightly worse than the T-45, and fusion cores are quite rare at that point.

RIP ZYZZ

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:39 pm

May Mays wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:Hm, interesting. I will admit it does look like a much more dense and populated world, which was my main gripe with FO3 (seriously, raiders or Super Mutants should have overrun the various settlements looooong ago).

Well if you plan on doing any big dungeons you'll need power armor. It's much, much stronger than it ever was before. I feel like Bethesda balanced combat around power armor to make it a much more essential element.

In your first couple of hours, the T-45 set you get very early will be the best equipment you'll have. But once you explore some more, chances are you'll find normal armor that's just slightly worse than the T-45, and fusion cores are quite rare at that point.

Ah okay I see, well as long as it's appropriately balanced it doesn't seem like a big issue. Plus, considering MIT it wouldn't be too surprising there being lots of power armour about.

Also is the Brotherhood in this game? Please say yes. When I say that huge blimp I was going "Either Enclave (somehow) or BOS (yis plox)."

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:40 pm

Napkiraly wrote:
May Mays wrote:Well if you plan on doing any big dungeons you'll need power armor. It's much, much stronger than it ever was before. I feel like Bethesda balanced combat around power armor to make it a much more essential element.

Ah okay I see, well as long as it's appropriately balanced it doesn't seem like a big issue. Plus, considering MIT it wouldn't be too surprising there being lots of power armour about.

Also is the Brotherhood in this game? Please say yes. When I say that huge blimp I was going "Either Enclave (somehow) or BOS (yis plox)."

It's Brotherhood.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Transvaal Vrystaat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Transvaal Vrystaat » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:44 pm

Napkiraly wrote:
May Mays wrote:Well if you plan on doing any big dungeons you'll need power armor. It's much, much stronger than it ever was before. I feel like Bethesda balanced combat around power armor to make it a much more essential element.

If Fallout: Tactics is anything to go by, the Brotherhood rather likes it's airships.

So, yes, the BoS is one of the major factions. The only Enclave in Fo4 is the X-01 power armor for some inexplicable reason.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:48 pm

Yaaaay my second favourite faction in full force! ^_^

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:48 pm

I doubt the Enclave ever got to the northeast and New England. The Capitol seems to be the furthest east they got, with the survivors falling back to Adams AFB and then Chicago (presumably) after Broken Steel, and all the military people up that way probably formed the Gunners given their US Army style and equipment.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

May Mays
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby May Mays » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:49 pm

Transvaal Vrystaat wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:Ah okay I see, well as long as it's appropriately balanced it doesn't seem like a big issue. Plus, considering MIT it wouldn't be too surprising there being lots of power armour about.

If Fallout: Tactics is anything to go by, the Brotherhood rather likes it's airships.

So, yes, the BoS is one of the major factions. The only Enclave in Fo4 is the X-01 power armor for some inexplicable reason.

Because Enclave power armor is literally the coolest.

Fuck all you FNV T-51b hoes Enclave power armor GOAT

RIP ZYZZ

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:51 pm

May Mays wrote:Because Enclave power armor is literally the coolest.

nope :>
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Transvaal Vrystaat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Transvaal Vrystaat » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:51 pm

It just makes no sense having Enclave armor if the Enclave was never in Boston.

Licana wrote:

Neat.
Last edited by Transvaal Vrystaat on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:52 pm

May Mays wrote:
Transvaal Vrystaat wrote:If Fallout: Tactics is anything to go by, the Brotherhood rather likes it's airships.

Because Enclave power armor is literally the coolest.

T-51 power armour is far cooler. Enclave power armour reminds me of cat poop.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:53 pm

The Enclave may have never made it there, but people with the armour probably did.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:54 pm

Licana wrote:

wut

Aquesta
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aquesta » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:55 pm

Licana wrote:

Pfft Enclave armour is still way more visually appealing.
Economic Left/Right: 1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 8.26
Catholic, Fascist, Irish male.

Transvaal Vrystaat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Transvaal Vrystaat » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:55 pm

Napkiraly wrote:

T-51 power armour is far cooler. Enclave power armour reminds me of cat poop.

I like everything about the T-51 except for the helmet.

It's just too fucking silly.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction