NATION

PASSWORD

The Fallout Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you have Fallout 4 yet?

yes, and its the best game i've ever played ever
35%
yes and i hate it. refund when?
9%
maybe idk
10%
no but im buying it by the end of the year
12%
no and ill never play a fallout game in my entire life
5%
this pull fucking sucks who let you be op
29%

Total votes : 1009

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:57 pm

Licana wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:I mean my number of fusion cores never actually got lower when I tested the thing, and then I check my inventory, and whoops! Turns out they actually just 90% deplete it, which is fucking stupid.

Did you fire all 500 shots.

Because, you know, 1 fusion core = 500 shots.

Yes I fired all 500 shots.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:05 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Licana wrote:
Did you fire all 500 shots.

Because, you know, 1 fusion core = 500 shots.

Yes I fired all 500 shots.

dank glitch i guess :/
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:08 pm

Licana wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Yes I fired all 500 shots.

dank glitch i guess :/

And fucking bullshit that I couldn't undo without either reversing four hours of progress or using the command console.
~~~~~~~~

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:29 pm

I like my guns' names

Husseinarti wrote:Allah akbar super mutants are best mutants.

One day we'll get a mod that plays Nasheed and ISIS clips as they charge us.

Saleelul sawarim
Nasheedul ubah
Wa darbul qitaly
Secularism, restricted immigration policy, against affirmative action, voter ID laws, gun rights, democracy, free-market capitalism, egalitarianism, nationalism, and lastly, Rhodesia > Zimbabwe

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.56
"On the other hand, and let's face it, there's always another hand, unless you're a Saudi Arabian shoplifter of course, hurt feelings can be quite traumatic. I've heard that it can take seconds, sometimes even minutes, to get over it" ~ Pat Condell

"Communism works only in heaven, where they don't need it, and in hell, where they've already got it." ~ Ronald Reagan

"Communism was a mistake" ~ (((((((((Karl Marx)))))))))
CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

Benomia 3
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia 3 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:38 pm

"You're the doctor here?"
"Everyones a doctor here."

wew dad didn't expect such sass from somebody with less hairs than i have pupes i mean really did you seriously not understand that when i said "doctor" meant "medical doctor' I mean you ARE A MEDICAL DOCTOR was it REALLY that HARD to figure out like come on old man
Last edited by Benomia 3 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All power to the brave.
Please, call me Benomia. Formerly known as Benomia and Bezombia. Post count +43875, founded 23 October 2012. This nation doesn't remotely represent my views.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:08 pm

Suiciders are hilarious now that I've got an automatic explosive weapon.
~~~~~~~~

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:51 pm

~~~~~~~~

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:54 pm

HAHAHAH

No, my gun is simply called "Pink Floyd."
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:56 pm

Licana wrote:HAHAHAH

Then there is a copycat about. I think, perhaps, that he and Broslav should have a little talk.
~~~~~~~~

Benomia 3
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia 3 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:03 pm

If i farted in the institute would everyone die
All power to the brave.
Please, call me Benomia. Formerly known as Benomia and Bezombia. Post count +43875, founded 23 October 2012. This nation doesn't remotely represent my views.

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:06 pm

I named my plasma rifle The Ejaculator
Secularism, restricted immigration policy, against affirmative action, voter ID laws, gun rights, democracy, free-market capitalism, egalitarianism, nationalism, and lastly, Rhodesia > Zimbabwe

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.56
"On the other hand, and let's face it, there's always another hand, unless you're a Saudi Arabian shoplifter of course, hurt feelings can be quite traumatic. I've heard that it can take seconds, sometimes even minutes, to get over it" ~ Pat Condell

"Communism works only in heaven, where they don't need it, and in hell, where they've already got it." ~ Ronald Reagan

"Communism was a mistake" ~ (((((((((Karl Marx)))))))))
CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:37 pm

Krazakistan wrote:

I named my plasma rifle The Ejaculator

Every moment you spend naming a weapon is a moment you're not out killing everything in the Commonwealth.

ITT: Mutie sympathizers. Mutie sympathizers everywhere.
~~~~~~~~

Benomia 3
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia 3 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:41 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Krazakistan wrote:I named my plasma rifle The Ejaculator

Every moment you spend naming a weapon is a moment you're not out killing everything in the Commonwealth.

>he doesn't mininuke every person he sees without asking any questions first
All power to the brave.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:42 am

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Krazakistan wrote:I named my plasma rifle The Ejaculator

Wisconsin not naming his weapons "Emperor's Wrath" "Fury of Terra" and other such glorious names. you foul fricking heretic.

Also
met the institute finally and Father. Was torn on who to side with, then i found their FEV lab, now they must be destroyed.

For the God Elder Maxson.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Benomia 3
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia 3 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:23 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Every moment you spend naming a weapon is a moment you're not out killing everything in the Commonwealth.

Wisconsin not naming his weapons "Emperor's Wrath" "Fury of Terra" and other such glorious names. you foul fricking heretic.

Also
met the institute finally and Father. Was torn on who to side with, then i found their FEV lab, now they must be destroyed.

I tried to RP how my character would actually react to that situation, but I honestly couldn't figure it out so I just told everyone "I'm still unsure".

Now I'm almost at the first mission for them and my character's mindset is more or less "I'll do this once, just to see where it actually goes". Maybe by the time it's over I'll figure out what to do.
All power to the brave.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:48 am

Benomia 3 wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Wisconsin not naming his weapons "Emperor's Wrath" "Fury of Terra" and other such glorious names. you foul fricking heretic.

Also

I tried to RP how my character would actually react to that situation, but I honestly couldn't figure it out so I just told everyone "I'm still unsure".

Now I'm almost at the first mission for them and my character's mindset is more or less "I'll do this once, just to see where it actually goes". Maybe by the time it's over I'll figure out what to do.

Yeah im on the first mission for them as well, and that was basically my whole reaction.

I was ready to go in guns blazing and tear the place apart, but i was still on the fence, until i found that place and then immediately turned against them.

Ill do the mission and see what happens, but i think im still going to go against them.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The Unhallowed City
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unhallowed City » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:52 am

Wisconsin9 wrote:Every moment you spend naming a weapon is a moment you're not out killing everything in the Commonwealth.

Also

I
blew up that airship.
:lol:

Vektra
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vektra » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:56 am

Such a bad poll.

Or you choose that is the best game ever, or that it sucks... What about "It's very good, but not the best fallout" option?

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:57 am

Vektra wrote:Such a bad poll.

Or you choose that is the best game ever, or that it sucks... What about "It's very good, but not the best fallout" option?

The poll is clearly not serious.

Novaya Tselinoyarsk
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Novaya Tselinoyarsk » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:30 am

I set up Sanctuary Hills like a star fort, it's been raided twice and each time the enemies get owned to oblivion and don't even make it inside for the booby traps.
Proletariacka Rzeczpospolita Nowy Tselinoyarsk
Proletarskaya Respubliki Novaya Tselinoyarsk

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:32 am

Novaya Tselinoyarsk wrote:I set up Sanctuary Hills like a star fort, it's been raided twice and each time the enemies get owned to oblivion and don't even make it inside for the booby traps.

My forts aren't anything fancy, Sanctuary hills is easily my most heavily defended but ive not really been going all out on the settlement building. For my next character though i plan on going all out on it and building fortresses everywhere, believe ill also play a female character next as well and see what that character's actress is like.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:38 am

Just entered the Institute. God I want to murder everyone here so much. Gotta keep the friendly face on for Shaun, I suppose.

Also, shame on you, Dr. Li. I wanted some good FO3 references from you!

The Unhallowed City wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Wisconsin not naming his weapons "Emperor's Wrath" "Fury of Terra" and other such glorious names. you foul fricking heretic.

Also

I
blew up that airship.
:lol:

Haven't got there yet. It'll be so satisfying to see it go down in flames.

Still wish you coulda captured it for the Minutemen or something. Rename it the CMS Freedum!

Vektra wrote:Such a bad poll.

I mean, from a progression standpoint, there's no denying Fallout 4 is probably the best one. It brings so much new life to the series that it makes NV look like a withered skeleton in comparison.

If Obsidian follows up with another game using Fallout 4's formula, though...

On-topic - now that everyone's used to it, what are your final opinions on the voiced protagonist? As someone who was skeptical at first, I've actually grown to love it. Not sure why. I guess it just helps with making the world seem that much more alive. Everytime I pick a lock and my character mutters "sweet" or "nice" to herself, I just smile.
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Las Palmeras wrote:Roaring 20s but in the future and with mutants

Alyakia wrote:you are a modern poet
Top Hits of 2132! (Imperial Public Radio)
Coming at you from Fort Orwell! (Imperial Forces Network)

Davinhia
Minister

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Davinhia » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:40 am

that poll is extremelly bias

i have fallout 4 but it's not the best game ever
dont get me wrong, it's a really good game, and it deserves some credit for being better than I expected, as I really hate bethesda, and only ever liked one game of theirs; skyrim. And even with skyrim, it needed a whole lot of mods to be enjoyed, but then I played it about 3 times over with 2 failed playthroughs.

I really love the base building thing, and I like how it's in multiple locations, but they really messed up
I dont want to have to do some radiant annoyance quest just to get a limited amount of building that's not worth it because you forget about it all the time.
I set up sanctuary pretty nicely though, and am enjoying it pretty nice. The amount limit has to go though, because I dont want to have to use a mod just to enjoy a game. Take witcher 3 for example; I played through it twice already, and it doesnt take a week to do so (unlike skyrim). I got witcher 3 on game day release, and it took me until mid-july to complete it(with constant 7 hr sessions when I did play it). Late July Beginning August I started my second runthrough
Witcher 3 has a lot more to offer than Fallout 4. No roleplay value in fallout 4, and really no replay value either. I want to do atleast 3 other playtrhoughs to explore the romance options, but I just can't.

Edit://: Also the game seems canon on the female; The voice actor shows the most emotion, and fits the role perfectly, especially with my slavic girll, which her voice goes perfectly with. The female seems most fit for the canon, but the male is supposed to be?
Also if anyone even cares and is still reading at this point: I would have loved multiple voice actors and you can pick one, because it gives a bit more replay value than this wasteland.

Again don't get me wrong: Fallout 4 was one of the best games this year,
BUT
In conclusion: It doesn't deserve the OFFICIAL GOTY. I know it'll win atleast one of those awards, but my GOTY has to go to Witcher 3.
Last edited by Davinhia on Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Year: 2013
- President: x (PP)
- Vice President: x (PP)
- House Majority Leader: x (IKP)
- Senate Majority Leader: x (PP)
Capital City: Grove Street
RP Population: 45 Million
RP Military Population: 37 Thousand
5, peacetime

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:41 am

Novaya Tselinoyarsk wrote:I set up Sanctuary Hills like a star fort, it's been raided twice and each time the enemies get owned to oblivion and don't even make it inside for the booby traps.

My forts aren't anything fancy, Sanctuary hills is easily my most heavily defended but ive not really been going all out on the settlement building. For my next character though i plan on going all out on it and building fortresses everywhere, believe ill also play a female character next as well and see what that character's actress is like.

She's pretty good. Both of the VA's are very solid, but I liked the female's voice better.
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Las Palmeras wrote:Roaring 20s but in the future and with mutants

Alyakia wrote:you are a modern poet
Top Hits of 2132! (Imperial Public Radio)
Coming at you from Fort Orwell! (Imperial Forces Network)

Transvaal Vrystaat
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Transvaal Vrystaat » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:42 am

I feel like it railroads you into making certain decisions, which I really don't like.

Still better than the dialogue wheel though.
Literal Space Boers in the Asteroid Belt. Factbook tbd.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction