NATION

PASSWORD

The Fallout Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you have Fallout 4 yet?

yes, and its the best game i've ever played ever
35%
yes and i hate it. refund when?
9%
maybe idk
10%
no but im buying it by the end of the year
12%
no and ill never play a fallout game in my entire life
5%
this pull fucking sucks who let you be op
29%

Total votes : 1009

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:50 pm

Aquesta wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:Pfft. You guys are such cowards. Went in with a full suit of T-60 II, 10 Radaway, 18 Stimpacks, 11 shells, 120~ .38, 17 .44, 35 10mm.

And 3 mini-nukes.

I left with no shells, .38, .44, 9 10mm, 5 Radaway, 16 Stimpacks, and 2 mini-nukes. Broke the T-60s legs and arms too.

It's really not that bad, unless you decide to do and fight everything.

What difficulty do you play on?

Normal. Might stick it up, since life's been a bit too easy now I don't have ammo issues.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Aquesta
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aquesta » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:54 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Aquesta wrote:
What difficulty do you play on?

Normal. Might stick it up, since life's been a bit too easy now I don't have ammo issues.

Yes well I play on very hard as a melee character and I must say I was getting absolutely pwned at the first 15 or so levels. If you want a challenge try it out.
Economic Left/Right: 1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 8.26
Catholic, Fascist, Irish male.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:57 pm

Aquesta wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:

Yes well I play on very hard as a melee character and I must say I was getting absolutely pwned at the first 15 or so levels. If you want a challenge try it out.

Challenge accepted. Very hard, nothing but power armour (whichever of my suits is most intact), Reginald's suit and a machete, and I'm going to try and walk from Virgil's Cave to Salem via Boston Common.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:59 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
New Frenco Empire wrote:Tesla coils for days.

Anyway, once I get home, I'm going to go for a run in the Glowing Sea. I've got a mix-match suit of T60 and X-01 (modded with tesla coils, helmet sensors, etc. I'm wearing a Hazmat suit under it). I lent Piper my assault rifle (w/ about 400 rounds of 5.56) and a full suit of T60. I got about 400 fusion cells, 2000 5mm, 250 plasma cartridges and 20 mini nukes, along with 50 doses of Rad-Away, 70 Rad-X and 140 Stimpaks.

I still don't like this...

It could be worse. I'm just about to make my run, and I'm going in with a suit of T-60 (lead plated, calibrated legs to increase carry weight and rad scrubbers in the helmet so I don't start glowing from what I eat), Piper in a mishmash of everything but X-01 (also lead plated), I'll be carrying a minigun with a few hundred rounds, a Fat Man with three mini-nukes, a sniper rifle, a revolver, and a shotgun, plus Piper with her own minigun (I'm going to see about buying more ammo in Diamond City before I leave), a hazmat suit in case I need to get out and change fusion cores, thirty fusion cores, God only knows how many bullets, something like sixty each of Rad-Away, Rad-X and stimpacks, and enough other chems to kill every behemoth in America.

I mean, I'm bringing all my other stuff too. My .50 sniper might come in handy (although I have a suppressor on that for sneaky marksmanship scenarios), and my advanced combat shotgun did prove dependable when I got ambushed by that Deathclaw in that one Railroad Hospital (although the Jet was the true hero that day).

I mean, I have about 40 cores. You don't need to get out and change them. They'll change themselves once the one already in runs out.

Lunas Legion wrote:Pfft. You guys are such cowards. Went in with a full suit of T-60 II, 10 Radaway, 18 Stimpacks, 11 shells, 120~ .38, 17 .44, 35 10mm.

And 3 mini-nukes.

I left with no shells, .38, .44, 9 10mm, 5 Radaway, 16 Stimpacks, and 2 mini-nukes. Broke the T-60s legs and arms too.

It's really not that bad, unless you decide to do and fight everything.

That's the thing; I'm going to want to fight everything.
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Las Palmeras wrote:Roaring 20s but in the future and with mutants

Alyakia wrote:you are a modern poet
Top Hits of 2132! (Imperial Public Radio)
Coming at you from Fort Orwell! (Imperial Forces Network)

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:59 pm

Aquesta wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:

That's my plan for my next run—male Survivor, focus on strength and intelligence, with the idea that he ran around in power armor punching Reds during the Anchorage campaign.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:00 pm

New Frenco Empire wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:It could be worse. I'm just about to make my run, and I'm going in with a suit of T-60 (lead plated, calibrated legs to increase carry weight and rad scrubbers in the helmet so I don't start glowing from what I eat), Piper in a mishmash of everything but X-01 (also lead plated), I'll be carrying a minigun with a few hundred rounds, a Fat Man with three mini-nukes, a sniper rifle, a revolver, and a shotgun, plus Piper with her own minigun (I'm going to see about buying more ammo in Diamond City before I leave), a hazmat suit in case I need to get out and change fusion cores, thirty fusion cores, God only knows how many bullets, something like sixty each of Rad-Away, Rad-X and stimpacks, and enough other chems to kill every behemoth in America.

I mean, I'm bringing all my other stuff too. My .50 sniper might come in handy (although I have a suppressor on that for sneaky marksmanship scenarios), and my advanced combat shotgun did prove dependable when I got ambushed by that Deathclaw in that one Railroad Hospital (although the Jet was the true hero that day).

I mean, I have about 40 cores. You don't need to get out and change them. They'll change themselves once the one already in runs out.

I know, but if you hold on to them you can sell them at full value, no matter how little charge they have left.
~~~~~~~~

Aquesta
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aquesta » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:05 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Aquesta wrote:

Challenge accepted. Very hard, nothing but power armour (whichever of my suits is most intact), Reginald's suit and a machete, and I'm going to try and walk from Virgil's Cave to Salem via Boston Common.

Splendid. Tell me how it goes. Also if you would use very weak power armour or none at all, as I find power armour makes things much easier unless you are facing very stiff opposition.

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:07 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Aquesta wrote:

That's my plan for my next run—male Survivor, focus on strength and intelligence, with the idea that he ran around in power armor punching Reds during the Anchorage campaign.

Come to think of it, I never thought how the different sexes to play as should probably be tailored to different stats (male was a soldier, so obviously strength, endurance, agility, etc. female holds a law degree, so intelligence, charisma, perception, etc).
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:20 pm

My next character is going to be a Male Survivor. Deeply religious, lives by the ten commandments.
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:21 pm

Prusslandia wrote:My next character is going to be a Male Survivor. Deeply religious, lives by the ten commandments.

Why follow bitch-ass Christianity when you can BASK IN ATOM'S GLOW!?
Last edited by New Frenco Empire on Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:23 pm

Aquesta wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:

Splendid. Tell me how it goes. Also if you would use very weak power armour or none at all, as I find power armour makes things much easier unless you are facing very stiff opposition.

Considering that I won't be repairing it, that Reginald's Suit has no damage resistance and I'll be facing the Mirelurks of Salem at the end, it'll be a tough fight. No chems/Stimpacks etc except what I find along the way.

Aquesta
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aquesta » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:18 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Aquesta wrote:

Considering that I won't be repairing it, that Reginald's Suit has no damage resistance and I'll be facing the Mirelurks of Salem at the end, it'll be a tough fight. No chems/Stimpacks etc except what I find along the way.

No chems! really? Well then in that case you must use power armour.

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:21 pm

God dammit.

I shot that "swan" in that pond in Boston and I guessed I paid the price for it.
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:22 pm

Aquesta wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:

No chems! really? Well then in that case you must use power armour.

Except what I find along the way. Bit like Metro; risk a run into a building for supplies, but run out of fusion cores, or not and save time, but risk running out of supplies?

Also no full charge fusion cores.

Aquesta
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aquesta » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:25 pm

New Carloso wrote:God dammit.

I shot that "swan" in that pond in Boston and I guessed I paid the price for it.

I remember that chap. Soaked up four mini-nukes and was still standing with a quarter of his health left, annoying bugger.

Benomia 3
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia 3 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:26 pm

The parallels between Father and Master is far too obvious to be a coincidence.
All power to the brave.
Please, call me Benomia. Formerly known as Benomia and Bezombia. Post count +43875, founded 23 October 2012. This nation doesn't remotely represent my views.

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:27 pm

Aquesta wrote:
New Carloso wrote:God dammit.

I remember that chap. Soaked up four mini-nukes and was still standing with a quarter of his health left, annoying bugger.

It's not as easy as that when the weapon you have is a pipe sniper rifle with 10 rounds. :p

Pretty much crippled instantly.
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:28 pm

Benomia 3 wrote:The parallels between Father and Master is far too obvious to be a coincidence.

MUTIE SCUM
U
T
I
E

S
C
U
M
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:34 pm

Just how do you unlock the BOS mod for combat armour ?
Romeo Foxtrot, Shall we Dance...
We’re on an express elevator to hell – going down!

Benomia 3
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia 3 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:38 pm

Actually it's like Beth is trying to allude to a crapton of other stuff:
My very first thought upon reaching the Institute was that it kinda resembled the Sink. Low and behold, turns out that it more or less IS the Sink, except it actually succeeded.
I swear I heard Father say "What else would you like to discuss?" in House's voice at least once.
All power to the brave.
Please, call me Benomia. Formerly known as Benomia and Bezombia. Post count +43875, founded 23 October 2012. This nation doesn't remotely represent my views.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:49 pm

So are Gatling lasers just bugged?
~~~~~~~~

Aquesta
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aquesta » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:51 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:So are Gatling lasers just bugged?

Whatever do you mean?

Benomia 3
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia 3 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:51 pm

I love how the doctor guy's description of why 3rd-Gen synths are "superior in any way to human beings" almost perfectly describes the player character of every Fallout
All power to the brave.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:52 pm

Aquesta wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:So are Gatling lasers just bugged?

Whatever do you mean?

I mean my number of fusion cores never actually got lower when I tested the thing, and then I check my inventory, and whoops! Turns out they actually just 90% deplete it, which is fucking stupid.
~~~~~~~~

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:56 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Aquesta wrote:
Whatever do you mean?

I mean my number of fusion cores never actually got lower when I tested the thing, and then I check my inventory, and whoops! Turns out they actually just 90% deplete it, which is fucking stupid.

Did you fire all 500 shots?

Because, you know, 1 fusion core = 500 shots.
Last edited by Licana on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction