NATION

PASSWORD

The Fallout Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you have Fallout 4 yet?

yes, and its the best game i've ever played ever
35%
yes and i hate it. refund when?
9%
maybe idk
10%
no but im buying it by the end of the year
12%
no and ill never play a fallout game in my entire life
5%
this pull fucking sucks who let you be op
29%

Total votes : 1009

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:08 pm

On the article i linked to it links to some Imgur albums of the specific areas and such that are finished.

Also, to anyone familiar with Tale of Two, Wastelands, which connects fallout 3 and New Vegas, this modder has brought hope for a Tale of Three Wastelands, Huzzah, Huzzah.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:08 pm

Shadowwell wrote:So, has anyone heard about this?

Apparently a modder has been remaking Fallout New Vegas in the Fallout 4 Engine.

if someone can import the quests and weapons over this might actually make Fallout 4 worth playing.
Last edited by Licana on Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:10 pm

Licana wrote:

Apparently a modder has been remaking Fallout New Vegas in the Fallout 4 Engine.

if someone can import the quests and weapons over this might actually make Fallout 4 worth playing.

The guys is going the world, but the rest of his team is working on the quests, not sure about weapons.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:15 am

Licana wrote:

But I like F4....

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:03 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Licana wrote:

But I like F4....

Sorry to hear that.

In related news, I finished Nuka-World and Far Harbour. Nuka-World was trash, Far Harbour was more surprisingly decent than I was expecting, but it was no Lonesome Road, that's for sure.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:21 am

Who do you think would win in a drawn out conflict, the West Coast Enclave, or the Institute?
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Gloriana Americana
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Gloriana Americana » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:23 am

Prusslandia wrote:Who do you think would win in a drawn out conflict, the West Coast Enclave, or the Institute?

Is this the West Coast Enclave before or after Navarro?
- U S A -
Gloriana Americana represents an alternate history of United States of America (and should be referred to as the US, USA, United States, America, or United States of America instead of the NS nation's name), so please keep that in mind when dealing with my nation ICly, canonically or not.
Questions? Ask them here!

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:24 am

Gloriana Americana wrote:
Prusslandia wrote:Who do you think would win in a drawn out conflict, the West Coast Enclave, or the Institute?

Before. Institute has won the Commonwealth as well.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Gloriana Americana
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gloriana Americana » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:32 am

Prusslandia wrote:

Before. Institute has won the Commonwealth as well.

Ah, well in that case Enclave. Definitely.

I don't know much about the Institute, but I know they have little to no military capability. Even if they did takeover the whole Commonwealth (which seems a little far-fetched) they couldn't stand a chance against the remnants of the U.S. govt, West Coast or East Coast, as they have the ability to mobilize a truly frightening military force fully equipped with the most advanced power armors and energy weapons there are.

Now, if this were after Navarro or Project Purity respectively that would be a different story. The Enclave wouldn't have much of anything left after that, probably even less than the Institute and certainly not enough to be a significant threat to them. Just a mild nuisance, really.
- U S A -
Gloriana Americana represents an alternate history of United States of America (and should be referred to as the US, USA, United States, America, or United States of America instead of the NS nation's name), so please keep that in mind when dealing with my nation ICly, canonically or not.

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:34 am

Prusslandia wrote:Before. Institute has won the Commonwealth as well.

I don't know much about the Institute, but I know they have little to no military capability. Even if they did takeover the whole Commonwealth (which seems a little far-fetched) they couldn't stand a chance against the remnants of the U.S. govt, West Coast or East Coast, as they have the ability to mobilize a truly frightening military force fully equipped with the most advanced power armors and energy weapons there are.

Now, if this were after Navarro or Project Purity respectively that would be a different story. The Enclave wouldn't have much of anything left after that, probably even less than the Institute and certainly not enough to be a significant threat to them. Just a mild nuisance, really.

The largest advantage I see the Institute having is teleportation. Having a well defended base isn't so great when a makeshift nuclear warhead pops into existence and wipes it off of the map.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Sevvania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sevvania » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:42 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:Nuka-World was trash

The general idea was kinda interesting, execution was poor. Gage is probably my favorite character in the game though.

You also finally get a proper assault rifle, which is cool.
"Humble thyself and hold thy tongue."

Current Era: 1945
NationStates Stat Card - Sevvania
OFFICIAL FACTBOOK - Sevvania
4/1/13 - Never Forget

Gloriana Americana
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gloriana Americana » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:43 am

Prusslandia wrote:

The largest advantage I see the Institute having is teleportation. Having a well defended base isn't so great when a makeshift nuclear warhead pops into existence and wipes it off of the map.

Pretty sure the Enclave has actual nuclear warheads, in which teleportation would serve no purpose against.
- U S A -

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:48 am

Prusslandia wrote:The largest advantage I see the Institute having is teleportation. Having a well defended base isn't so great when a makeshift nuclear warhead pops into existence and wipes it off of the map.

Pretty sure the Enclave has actual nuclear warheads, in which teleportation would serve no purpose against.

Eh. I don't think the Enclave is used to facing an enemy with the same level of mobility as them.

Also, I think the West Coast Enclave would make great use of synths.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Gloriana Americana
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gloriana Americana » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:51 am

Prusslandia wrote:

Eh. I don't think the Enclave is used to facing an enemy with the same level of mobility as them.

Probably, but they have vertibirds and I'm pretty sure the Institute doesn't. They also have a massive army.
- U S A -

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:08 am

Prusslandia wrote:

Aren't they about as "human purity" obsessed as the BoS is?
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

The Islands of Versilia
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:17 am

If the Institute were less arsehole-ish, I would've supported them a lot more.
Especially if you could grant Synths personhood after the main quests and siding with them.
STÓRRIKIT VÆRSLAND
FactbooksThemesThe User

Palaeolithic and Bronze Age-inspired FanT-MT civilization of humans and vampiresque hominins living peacefully together in a habitable Greenland presided over by a semi-elective phylarchic monarchy with an A S C E N D E D vampiric hominin from Georgia as queen.
Rate me as Prime Minister

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:58 am

The Islands of Versilia wrote:If the Institute were less arsehole-ish, I would've supported them a lot more.
Especially if you could grant Synths personhood after the main quests and siding with them.

And take away the Institute's tools? Nah bro, they're just machines like toasters.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

The Islands of Versilia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:00 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
The Islands of Versilia wrote:If the Institute were less arsehole-ish, I would've supported them a lot more.

And take away the Institute's tools? Nah bro, they're just machines like toasters.

It's easier for people to fight for you when you give them freedoms.
And it hurts the likelihood of dissent.

Tbh, I wished the Institute focused more on genetic modification than robotics. I love genetic abominations more than robots.
STÓRRIKIT VÆRSLAND
FactbooksThemesThe User

Palaeolithic and Bronze Age-inspired FanT-MT civilization of humans and vampiresque hominins living peacefully together in a habitable Greenland presided over by a semi-elective phylarchic monarchy with an A S C E N D E D vampiric hominin from Georgia as queen.

Gloriana Americana
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gloriana Americana » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Prusslandia wrote:Eh. I don't think the Enclave is used to facing an enemy with the same level of mobility as them.

Aren't they about as "human purity" obsessed as the BoS is?

No, the BoS is human supremacist. The Enclave is human purist. There's a difference. The Enclave believes Wastelanders subhuman because they're slightly irradiated compared to Enclave personnel, which has been protected from radiation. The BoS, while not accepting Wastelanders under normal circumstances, does not view them as inferior. They just hate mutants, ghouls, and robots. The Enclave has nothing against robots as they have been shown to use them.
- U S A -

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:02 pm

The Islands of Versilia wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

It's easier for people to fight for you when you give them freedoms.

Tbh, I wished the Institute focused more on genetic modification than robotics. I love genetic abominations more than robots.

The thing is that the Institute doesn't even consider them to be people.

They believe that Synths wanting freedom is literally a bug, a malfunction.

Great Savaya
Attaché

Founded: Jul 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Savaya » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:03 pm

I can't stand a second of Fallout 4's glitches. I can't touch WATER without crashing.
22 year old white Christian middle class male, actually working to get money instead of living off daddies pension and complaining about capitalism.
Unironic Nazi and Orthodox Christian.

Great Savaya
Attaché

Founded: Jul 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Savaya » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:04 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
The Islands of Versilia wrote:It's easier for people to fight for you when you give them freedoms.

Well, Synths aren't biologically human.
22 year old white Christian middle class male, actually working to get money instead of living off daddies pension and complaining about capitalism.
Unironic Nazi and Orthodox Christian.

The Islands of Versilia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:05 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
The Islands of Versilia wrote:It's easier for people to fight for you when you give them freedoms.

Ya know that guy in the Institute who thinks the whole thing should have more attention and research to it?
I like him.
STÓRRIKIT VÆRSLAND
FactbooksThemesThe User

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:05 pm

Great Savaya wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Well, Synths aren't biologically human.

They're made from human DNA. Shaun's DNA.

They're not human, but they are people.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:07 pm

The Islands of Versilia wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Ya know that guy in the Institute who thinks the whole thing should have more attention and research to it?
I like him.

Well, I like Scribe Haylen from the BoS who's not as extreme towards Synths. But one person isn't going to make a difference in any given faction, particularly if the others just brush them off like that Institute guy you're talking about.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction