NATION

PASSWORD

The Fallout Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you have Fallout 4 yet?

yes, and its the best game i've ever played ever
35%
yes and i hate it. refund when?
9%
maybe idk
10%
no but im buying it by the end of the year
12%
no and ill never play a fallout game in my entire life
5%
this pull fucking sucks who let you be op
29%

Total votes : 1009

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:14 am

>after all of these years

That's the thing, though. It wasn't years to the PC. They had literally just watched their son get taken away not even a couple of minutes ago to their perception. Setting out to find their son after that isn't exactly a reaction that would be difficult to predict.

The fact that he decided to let you out of the vault, something that he probably could have done any time in the past couple of decades, as a near-deathbed curiosity is still a huge negative mark on his character.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Benomia 3
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia 3 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:40 am

Licana wrote:

That's the thing, though. It wasn't years to the PC. They had literally just watched their son get taken away not even a couple of minutes ago to their perception. Setting out to find their son after that isn't exactly a reaction that would be difficult to predict.

The fact that he decided to let you out of the vault, something that he probably could have done any time in the past couple of decades, as a near-deathbed curiosity is still a huge negative mark on his character.

It's pretty obvious that Shaun is a synth being remotely controlled by House, who's been evicted from Vegas by the Courier. House is planning on rebuilding his empire and taking over a literal society of robots was only step one. House managed to take control of Shaun's body, but was confused as to how a through-and-through Synth could have been born naturally, so he sought to seek out the Synthmother (the LW)/Synthfather to get some answers. When he determined that she was just as clueless as he was, he turned her into an overglorified triggerman because that was about what she/he was worth.

House's end goal here is to turn the entire Commonwealth into a robot army, that he can then upload his consciousness into and control all of them at once. Then he'll be more powerful than anyone else in America, and he'll be able to retake Vegas for good.
Last edited by Benomia 3 on Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
All power to the brave.
Please, call me Benomia. Formerly known as Benomia and Bezombia. Post count +43875, founded 23 October 2012. This nation doesn't remotely represent my views.

The Enclave-
Envoy

Founded: Jun 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Enclave- » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:40 am

Licana wrote:

Remember, Shaun wasn't even aware of your existence until he became Director, he still could have you let you out probably ten years beforehand but lets be fair.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:50 am

Blew up the Prydwen. Ad calamitas.
For anyone wondering, I joined this website during my edgy teenage years. I made a lot of dumb, awkward posts, flip-flopped between various extreme ideologies, and just generally embarrassed myself. I denounce a sizable amount of my past posts. I am no longer active on NationStates and this nation/account is no longer used.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:03 am

Licana wrote:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:I sided with the Institute my first playthrough, since I can't imagine a guy from way before synths were a thing siding with the people helping them, and definitely can't see him siding with the people opposing his son.

He was a giant faggot and, as a father, it is your parental duty to put an end to such faggotry.

Seriously, the way Shaun just kind offhandedly goes "Oh yeah, I let you out of the vault because I got really bored and wanted to see what you would do" is worthy of a complete disownment on its own.

What did it for me was the thing with that synth in the tank. That was probably one of the cruelest things I've ever seen one human do to another in these games.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:45 am

Fuck, is Lanius dumb.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:49 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:Fuck, is Lanius dumb.

Basically.

Finally fought him?
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:57 am

Prusslandia wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:Fuck, is Lanius dumb.

Basically.

Finally fought him?

Speech checked myself to victory.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:10 pm

Alright, so, I finally finished my independent Vegas playthrough.

• Upgraded the Securitrons to Mk. II, "Chaos became uncertainty, then acceptance, with minimal loss of life. New Vegas assumed its position as an independent power in the Mojave."
  • Bad Karma, "Supporting all the chaos that comes with independence, the Courier was the man/woman responsible for a truly free New Vegas. He/she ensured the fall of Mr. House and the end of the Legion's and NCR's influence over New Vegas."
  • Fixed Tabitha's shit and told her to fuck off East
  • Completed the Boomer's Volare! quest, "Though the Wasteland became anarchic after Hoover Dam, the Boomers' display of power dissuaded fortune seekers from attempting to penetrate Nellis".
  • Slaughtered the Fiends' leaders, they scattered.
  • I didn't do shit for the Followers of the Apocalypse, so they were just burdened with wounded
  • Goodsprings is abandoned, I helped the Powdergangers take it over early into the game before I tried for my "perfect" playthrough.
  • The Great Khans fucked off to the North-West and established an empire there.
  • Jacobstown solved the issues with Nightkin Schizophrenia, and became a concentration of mutants.
  • I got the good ending for the Kings, "Freeside came to be known as one of the more stable areas in the region. Ironically, NCR refugees found Freeside safer than most of the rest of New Vegas, where resentment still lingers."
  • Rex got Violetta's brain
  • Novac remained independent - later subsumed into the Courier's New Vegas, as I'd like to think.
  • The Vault 19 Powder Gangers raided caravans and shit
  • Primm remains independent - later subsumed into Courier's New Vegas as I'd like to think.

Did I do the good game?

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:18 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Prusslandia wrote:Basically.

Finally fought him?

Speech checked myself to victory.

>Charisma Bot
>ever
>American education
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:25 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:Alright, so, I finally finished my independent Vegas playthrough.

• Upgraded the Securitrons to Mk. II, "Chaos became uncertainty, then acceptance, with minimal loss of life. New Vegas assumed its position as an independent power in the Mojave."
  • Bad Karma, "Supporting all the chaos that comes with independence, the Courier was the man/woman responsible for a truly free New Vegas. He/she ensured the fall of Mr. House and the end of the Legion's and NCR's influence over New Vegas."
  • Completed the Boomer's Volare! quest, "Though the Wasteland became anarchic after Hoover Dam, the Boomers' display of power dissuaded fortune seekers from attempting to penetrate Nellis".
  • I didn't do shit for the Followers of the Apocalypse, so they were just burdened with wounded
  • Goodsprings is abandoned, I helped the Powdergangers take it over early into the game before I tried for my "perfect" playthrough.
  • Jacobstown solved the issues with Nightkin Schizophrenia, and became a concentration of mutants.
  • I got the good ending for the Kings, "Freeside came to be known as one of the more stable areas in the region. Ironically, NCR refugees found Freeside safer than most of the rest of New Vegas, where resentment still lingers."
  • Novac remained independent - later subsumed into the Courier's New Vegas, as I'd like to think.
  • Primm remains independent - later subsumed into Courier's New Vegas as I'd like to think.

Did I do the good game?

More or less. I would've had the Khans ally with you for the final battle instead, and helped the Follower's out, but you did pretty close to what I usually do in NV.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:32 pm

Prusslandia wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:Alright, so, I finally finished my independent Vegas playthrough.

Did I do the good game?

More or less. I would've had the Khans ally with you for the final battle instead, and helped the Follower's out, but you did pretty close to what I usually do in NV.

By
effectively dooming the tribe to death?

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:36 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Prusslandia wrote:More or less. I would've had the Khans ally with you for the final battle instead, and helped the Follower's out, but you did pretty close to what I usually do in NV.

By

In my headcanon, they're subsumed into the Courier's Vegas. Since the Courier would be the new Chieftain, they'd have to listen to them. Que in some sort of Rough Riders for the Courier, rangers of a kind. Coupled with the Securitrons, they'd be useful.

Plus, a huge Khan empire up north would be a threat.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:42 pm

Prusslandia wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:By

In my headcanon, they're subsumed into the Courier's Vegas. Since the Courier would be the new Chieftain, they'd have to listen to them. Que in some sort of Rough Riders for the Courier, rangers of a kind. Coupled with the Securitrons, they'd be useful.

Yeah, but I, and by extension, the Courier would be unable to predict that they'd be able to forge such a successful empire, right? Also, doesn't Regis get in power?

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:42 pm

Prusslandia wrote:In my headcanon, they're subsumed into the Courier's Vegas. Since the Courier would be the new Chieftain, they'd have to listen to them. Que in some sort of Rough Riders for the Courier, rangers of a kind. Coupled with the Securitrons, they'd be useful.

Your headcanon kind of disregards actual canon, so that might be a bit of a problem. :>>>

The only canon endings that have the Great Khans still a thing are certain NCR endings (they're forcibly relocated) and the endings in which you convince Papa Khan to head north and find his own legacy. There is no ending in which the Great Khans continue existing as a cohesive tribe in New Vegas.
Last edited by Licana on Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Benomia 3
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia 3 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:27 pm

Did I do the good game?

You did a lot of good, but you missed a few things:

- Not having the Enclave on your side means that your long term prospects for security are going to be in serious jeapordy. The Securitrons are nice policeman but they aren't an army. You'd really need the Vertibird, and thus the ability to make more Vertibirds, to make sure you're safe from potential future aggression from the NCR.
- What you did with the Powder Ganger is obviously very bad and your biggest flaw so far. If you decide to retry this later make sure Goodsprings stays where it is and that you more or less wipe out all of the powder gangers as soon as reasonably feasible.
- No mention of the BOS? Did you leave them alive or not? It's a point of debate as to whether it's better to leave them alive or dead but in my personal headcanon Veronica was installed as a puppet Elder and became a sort of militaristic R&D team for Vegas, working alongside all the technology retrieved from the Sink into making NV a technological utopia.
- Is Caesar dead?

Everything else basically comes down to whether or not you finished the DLCs, and is entirely tangential.
All power to the brave.
Please, call me Benomia. Formerly known as Benomia and Bezombia. Post count +43875, founded 23 October 2012. This nation doesn't remotely represent my views.

Benomia 3
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia 3 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Licana wrote:
Prusslandia wrote:In my headcanon, they're subsumed into the Courier's Vegas. Since the Courier would be the new Chieftain, they'd have to listen to them. Que in some sort of Rough Riders for the Courier, rangers of a kind. Coupled with the Securitrons, they'd be useful.

Your headcanon kind of disregards actual canon, so that might be a bit of a problem. :>>>

The only canon endings that have the Great Khans still a thing are certain NCR endings (they're forcibly relocated) and the endings in which you convince Papa Khan to head north and find his own legacy. There is no ending in which the Great Khans continue existing as a cohesive tribe in New Vegas.

The idea of a "Great Khan Empire" north of New Vegas is also simply absurd. You know what's north of Vegas? Hundreds of miles of desert, occasionally broken up by a mountain or two.
Northwest is NCR territory, northeast is tribal lands mostly loyal to Caesar.
All power to the brave.

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:33 pm

They went North East to Wyoming.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Benomia 3
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia 3 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:35 pm

Licana wrote:They went North East to Wyoming.

Okay now THAT's a punishment.

I'd rather face the NCR and Caesar combined than have to live in Wyoming.
All power to the brave.

The Enclave-
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Enclave- » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:37 pm

I always did an Independent Vegas. In my headcanon, The BoS returns to some position of strength after Courier kicks out the NCR and Legion, but since said Courier is also a Paladin in the Brotherhood Elder Mcnamara mostly leaves Vegas itself alone.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:39 pm

Finished 4's main story (sided with the Railroad).

The final battle was pretty awesome.
For anyone wondering, I joined this website during my edgy teenage years. I made a lot of dumb, awkward posts, flip-flopped between various extreme ideologies, and just generally embarrassed myself. I denounce a sizable amount of my past posts. I am no longer active on NationStates and this nation/account is no longer used.

The Enclave-
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Enclave- » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:40 pm

The Wolven League wrote:Finished 4's main story (sided with the Railroad).

I cant stand the Railroad, and not even as a faction. Just the majority of its leaders are so fucking unlikable. Deacon is the only one I actually like.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:41 pm

Did I do the good game?

No. Ave Caesar.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:41 pm

The Enclave- wrote:
The Wolven League wrote:Finished 4's main story (sided with the Railroad).

I cant stand the Railroad, and not even as a faction. Just the majority of its leaders are so fucking unlikable. Deacon is the only one I actually like.

I actually preferred Desdemona over Maxson and Gravy.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:41 pm

The Wolven League wrote:
The Enclave- wrote:

I actually preferred Desdemona over Maxson and Gravy.

hahahahahahahahahaa

tbf all faction leaders sucked ass in FO 4.