NATION

PASSWORD

The Fallout Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you have Fallout 4 yet?

yes, and its the best game i've ever played ever
35%
yes and i hate it. refund when?
9%
maybe idk
10%
no but im buying it by the end of the year
12%
no and ill never play a fallout game in my entire life
5%
this pull fucking sucks who let you be op
29%

Total votes : 1009

Benomia 3
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia 3 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:00 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Benomia 3 wrote:Psst.
They are.

Good. I left McNamara in charge, it seems the Brotherhood would be weaker that way.

I know you can blow up their bunker, but it's a shit ton of work.

Destroying the BOS is a great way to expedite the "bad" ending
Leaving them alive is a huge bonus to both the actual endgame and which ending you get
All power to the brave.
Please, call me Benomia. Formerly known as Benomia and Bezombia. Post count +43875, founded 23 October 2012. This nation doesn't remotely represent my views.

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:07 pm

>blowing up the BoS bunker
>ever
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:20 pm

Benomia 3 wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:Good. I left McNamara in charge, it seems the Brotherhood would be weaker that way.

I know you can blow up their bunker, but it's a shit ton of work.

Leaving them alive is a huge bonus to both the actual endgame and which ending you get

I'm totally okay with blowing up the Brotherhood of Shit for House.

Keeping McNamara in charge is the best for a Yes Man run, though.
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Las Palmeras wrote:Roaring 20s but in the future and with mutants

Alyakia wrote:you are a modern poet
Top Hits of 2132! (Imperial Public Radio)
Coming at you from Fort Orwell! (Imperial Forces Network)

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:30 pm

New Frenco Empire wrote:
Benomia 3 wrote:

I'm totally okay with blowing up the Brotherhood of Shit for House.

Gotta have someone confiscate tech that's potentially dangerous to the Mojave Free State.

The so-called "attack" on Shady Sands was a test shot gone horribly wrong, I swear.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:57 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
New Frenco Empire wrote:I'm totally okay with blowing up the Brotherhood of Shit for House.

Gotta have someone confiscate tech that's potentially dangerous to the Mojave Free State.

The so-called "attack" on Shady Sands was a test shot gone horribly wrong, I swear.

They can take whatever they want that wanders into their shitty sandhole.

The second they start terrorizing people for their tech, though, my Securitrons will come down on them. Hard. I'm talking I'll make the ass-kicking the NCR gave them look like a rowdy bit of horseplay.
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Las Palmeras wrote:Roaring 20s but in the future and with mutants

Alyakia wrote:you are a modern poet
Top Hits of 2132! (Imperial Public Radio)
Coming at you from Fort Orwell! (Imperial Forces Network)

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:01 pm

Just finished Volare. I don't know why, but I have a soft spot for the Boomers and their extensive, obsessive use of High-Explosive artillery.

Also, the lake sequence for me was terrifying.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Mirakai
Senator

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirakai » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:13 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:Just finished Volare. I don't know why, but I have a soft spot for the Boomers and their extensive, obsessive use of High-Explosive artillery.

Also, the lake sequence for me was terrifying.

I actually kind of found it funny, as a bunch lakelurks swam up right next to me, and because underwater combat doesn't exist, glitched out, and started spinning in place like idiots right next to me
Sister of Isle of Lithonia, and Sister-in-Law of Imperial--Japan
Torture Room Manager of ImperialJapanism
The Princess of Perverts
Crazy Yandere: Scamvidia
Wolfy Waifu: Ulvenes
Pet: Sonitusia
Proud Member of the SOPWHKTNTPBHNIWTP

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:17 pm

New Frenco Empire wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Gotta have someone confiscate tech that's potentially dangerous to the Mojave Free State.

They can take whatever they want that wanders into their shitty sandhole.

The second they start terrorizing people for their tech, though, my Securitrons will come down on them. Hard. I'm talking I'll make the ass-kicking the NCR gave them look like a rowdy bit of horseplay.

As I see it, the equation comes down to this. Their support means that I have an elite special forces unit, access to old world tech, the expertise needed to maintain it, and soldiers with experience going up against the NCR. In exchange, they likely demand the right to confiscate whatever advanced tech they find, and probably a say regarding the use of strategic old world weapons. As long as I get access to what they seize, it's more than worth it. And on top of that, there'll probably be an added benefit when their patrols come across raiders and tribal war groups. Everybody wins but the people with advanced tech, and I can make sure that they're fairly compensated and given something to defend themselves.

And with the Legion on one side and the NCR on the other, it's miles better than having them go to war against me because I have a robot army and the massive stockpile of pre-War explosives at Nellis, possibly including nukes.
~~~~~~~~

Mirakai
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mirakai » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:33 pm

Benomia 3 wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:Holy shit, please tell me in Fallout: New Vegas that I'm able to
Kill Benny, grab the Platinum Chip, Kill House, and use Yes Man to control New Vegas myself

Yep.

It's actually one of the most fleshed out endings there are. Killing the big man just activates hard mode. If you rush, you'll leave the Mojave in absolute anarchic despair. But if you take your time and carefully ensure every aspect of the Wasteland is taken care of and left prosperous, you'll unlock the best ending in the game.

Debatable

I still think NCR ending is the best. The NCR has been a major democratic power for years now, and has the necessary bureaucracy to govern it effectively. However, the main point that is always brought up is the NCR is a bunch of corrupt dicks. Which is entirely true. But I personally believe, given time for war conditions to end, and some political cleanup, they would be a far better choice than an unstable dictatorship. Independent is amazing in the short term, but probably won't work out in the long run. Hell, in the Followers ending slide, it even mentions how an independent vegas is incredibly violent and unstable, and how they're struggling to provide even the most basic of services. However, in the long run, provided the NCR can get its shit together, is a much better choice
The Princess of Perverts

The Enclave-
Envoy

Founded: Jun 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Enclave- » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:26 pm

SO I've just posted a signup thread for a new RP thread, Fallout of course,
Essentially its predicated on the question of "what if" in this case, what if characters from different timelines were all pulled into a new one.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=371275

I would appreciate if you guys could check it out
Last edited by The Enclave- on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benomia 3
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia 3 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:02 am

Mirakai wrote:
Benomia 3 wrote:
Yep.

It's actually one of the most fleshed out endings there are. Killing the big man just activates hard mode. If you rush, you'll leave the Mojave in absolute anarchic despair. But if you take your time and carefully ensure every aspect of the Wasteland is taken care of and left prosperous, you'll unlock the best ending in the game.

Debatable

I still think NCR ending is the best. The NCR has been a major democratic power for years now, and has the necessary bureaucracy to govern it effectively. However, the main point that is always brought up is the NCR is a bunch of corrupt dicks. Which is entirely true. But I personally believe, given time for war conditions to end, and some political cleanup, they would be a far better choice than an unstable dictatorship. Independent is amazing in the short term, but probably won't work out in the long run. Hell, in the Followers ending slide, it even mentions how an independent vegas is incredibly violent and unstable, and how they're struggling to provide even the most basic of services. However, in the long run, provided the NCR can get its shit together, is a much better choice

You do realize that basically all of New Vegas's plot was there to show you that "they have the necessary bureaucracy to govern effectively" is totally false, right?
The NCR is completely overextended, is taxing their new citizens half to death, and barely doing anything to actually improve their lives. The entire war for Hoover Dam was just a ploy by Kimball to increase his popularity back home. They have no intention of actually making the Mojave a better place to live.

That being said, if your independent ending was "violent and unstable", it means you didn't try hard enough. If you actually go through the game with the express intention of making everything right, you can get an ending where everything ends totally peacefully, with the Mojave a paragon of economic strength and political stability that the whole world envies. If you just bumble your way through, only doing what Yes Man tells you to, yeah it'll suck - because you made it suck.
All power to the brave.
Please, call me Benomia. Formerly known as Benomia and Bezombia. Post count +43875, founded 23 October 2012. This nation doesn't remotely represent my views.

Mirakai
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mirakai » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:23 am

Benomia 3 wrote:
Mirakai wrote:Debatable

You do realize that basically all of New Vegas's plot was there to show you that "they have the necessary bureaucracy to govern effectively" is totally false, right?
The NCR is completely overextended, is taxing their new citizens half to death, and barely doing anything to actually improve their lives. The entire war for Hoover Dam was just a ploy by Kimball to increase his popularity back home. They have no intention of actually making the Mojave a better place to live.

That being said, if your independent ending was "violent and unstable", it means you didn't try hard enough. If you actually go through the game with the express intention of making everything right, you can get an ending where everything ends totally peacefully, with the Mojave a paragon of economic strength and political stability that the whole world envies. If you just bumble your way through, only doing what Yes Man tells you to, yeah it'll suck - because you made it suck.

I know the NCR is horribly overextended and corrupt. However, as long as that is fixed soon, it will be much better in the long run. If it stays the same, of course it will be far worse, but if it gets it shit together, its going to be much better. The Followers slide I was talking about, that said Independent Vegas is violent and unstable, is a slide that plays always when you go Independent. You can't change it, according to the Fallout wiki.
The Princess of Perverts

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:38 am

Mirakai wrote:
Benomia 3 wrote:

I know the NCR is horribly overextended and corrupt. However, as long as that is fixed soon, it will be much better in the long run. If it stays the same, of course it will be far worse, but if it gets it shit together, its going to be much better. The Followers slide I was talking about, that said Independent Vegas is violent and unstable, is a slide that plays always when you go Independent. You can't change it, according to the Fallout wiki.

Right, so, question: if you take a state that's failing due to overextension, then extend it even further (into a region that doesn't particularly want it to be there, to boot), what do you get?
~~~~~~~~

Mirakai
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mirakai » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:58 am

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Mirakai wrote:I know the NCR is horribly overextended and corrupt. However, as long as that is fixed soon, it will be much better in the long run. If it stays the same, of course it will be far worse, but if it gets it shit together, its going to be much better. The Followers slide I was talking about, that said Independent Vegas is violent and unstable, is a slide that plays always when you go Independent. You can't change it, according to the Fallout wiki.

Right, so, question: if you take a state that's failing due to overextension, then extend it even further (into a region that doesn't particularly want it to be there, to boot), what do you get?

The point I was trying to make totally went over your head, didn't it?

What I'm trying to say is that if the NCR can fix their problems, they will be much better in the long run. Of course they're worse right now. I'm just trying to say that of they get better, the NCR going to be a much better choice than Independent
The Princess of Perverts

Husseinarti
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Husseinarti » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:38 am

tbh if caesar's legion was more like a roman republic it'd be allot better than the NCR.
Bash the fash, neopup the neo-cons, crotale the commies, and super entendard socialists

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:44 am

Mirakai wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Right, so, question: if you take a state that's failing due to overextension, then extend it even further (into a region that doesn't particularly want it to be there, to boot), what do you get?

The point I was trying to make totally went over your head, didn't it?

What I'm trying to say is that if the NCR can fix their problems, they will be much better in the long run. Of course they're worse right now. I'm just trying to say that of they get better, the NCR going to be a much better choice than Independent

The problem is this line of thinking banks on an overtly corrupt state spontaneously getting "better" and fixing its own problems in the future.

Historically this isn't something that one should expect to happen.
Last edited by Licana on Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
>American education
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:51 am

So hiding in the train at Quincy watching the gunners fighting one another and what does my follower do walks right out onto the station right into view of the gunners :roll:

I so miss them just straying behind your just following and not wondering off like a dick.
Romeo Foxtrot, Shall we Dance...
We’re on an express elevator to hell – going down!

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:59 am

>having a follower
>ever
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:02 am

But they make good decoy's
Romeo Foxtrot, Shall we Dance...
We’re on an express elevator to hell – going down!

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:04 am

>needing decoys
>ever

Just stop making shitty charisma bot builds. :>
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Benomia 3
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia 3 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:04 am

Mirakai wrote:
Benomia 3 wrote:

saying "lol let's just end corruption and overextension" in 2287 NCR is like saying "lol let's just end corruption and overextension" in 20 BC Rome.

Likewise, saying "lol let's just go get some better land" in 2287 Legion is like saying "lol let's just go get some better land" in 530 Rome.
All power to the brave.

The Enclave-
Envoy

Founded: Jun 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Enclave- » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:12 am

Licana wrote:>needing decoys
>ever

Just stop making shitty charisma bot builds. :>

Lone Wanderer perk is a wonderful thing.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:16 am

Benomia 3 wrote:
Mirakai wrote:Debatable

Uh oh. I think it might be a bit too late,
I've set in motion the events where Kimball is going to get assassinated, I didn't have high enough relations with the NCR to do that shit.
but I think I'm going to stop playing FO: NV for the time being. The only reason I haven't been doing everything for everyone is because this is one of the busiest weeks in my semester and the only reason I'm playing NV is as a break between work sessions, an hour here or there, and since I've already become the director of New Vegas, I feel like I'm going to have to dedicate a lot more of my time to actually getting the good ending.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?

What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Benomia 3
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia 3 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:47 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Benomia 3 wrote:That being said, if your independent ending was "violent and unstable", it means you didn't try hard enough. If you actually go through the game with the express intention of making everything right, you can get an ending where everything ends totally peacefully, with the Mojave a paragon of economic strength and political stability that the whole world envies. If you just bumble your way through, only doing what Yes Man tells you to, yeah it'll suck - because you made it suck.

Uh oh. I think it might be a bit too late,
I've set in motion the events where Kimball is going to get assassinated, I didn't have high enough relations with the NCR to do that shit.
but I think I'm going to stop playing FO: NV for the time being. The only reason I haven't been doing everything for everyone is because this is one of the busiest weeks in my semester and the only reason I'm playing NV is as a break between work sessions, an hour here or there, and since I've already become the director of New Vegas, I feel like I'm going to have to dedicate a lot more of my time to actually getting the good ending.

The NCR is your enemy, Trans. The NCR-Mojave War is Kimball's war. If you take out Kimball, that war ends, and the western half of the Mojave is more or less yours.
All power to the brave.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:50 am

Benomia 3 wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:Uh oh. I think it might be a bit too late,

The NCR is your enemy, Trans. The NCR-Mojave War is Kimball's war. If you take out Kimball, that war ends, and the western half of the Mojave is more or less yours.

I'm aware of that, and I'm not the biggest personal fan of the NCR to begin with. And I suppose that listening entirely to Yes Man isn't the greatest idea (since he suggested preventing Kimball's assassination), but I was never really given the information that without Kimball, the NCR wouldn't have been in the Mojave, and I assumed that his successor would simply press the same shit as he did.