NATION

PASSWORD

Metal Thread 3: Subjectivity isn't Metal

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mechanix or The Four Horsemen?

Mechanix
32%
The Four Horsemen
68%

Total votes : 59

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:01 pm

Kolmya wrote:
Grinstead wrote:There was no purpose to waste your time posting the same song in a hexatruplet.

Absolutely necessary however. :p
Thanks Gal, I did it too!

Hai boiz can I haz join teh club 2 plz?

Faschist Deutsch Reich wrote:

Holy shit... I never even knew this project existed! I really think I should be checking out more of his stuff, after all he rarely seems to disappoint. Outside of Edge of Sanity itself, the only project that I have actually heard is his self-titled one (which released Moontower) and that was pretty good.

Anyway, that song sounded bloody fantastic to my ears, so I'm definitely looking forward to the album when it comes out *adds to upcoming albums list*. Thanks so much for posting this, because I haven't seen much interesting stuff on the thread over the last couple of days.

Edge of Sanity and Moontower are amazing. Witherscape's first album is pretty decent, but I remembered it being more similar to Opeth. Anyways, the only Swano project I don't like is Nightingale. Only heard one album, but it was painfully medicore AOR.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Faschist Deutsch Reich
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Faschist Deutsch Reich » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:11 pm

Galborea wrote:Finally checked out the new album Triangle from Swiss black metal outfit Schammasch, a triple record that reeks of influence from Celtic Frost, Behemoth, Blut aus Nord, and (most especially) Deathspell Omega.

I've never heard of this band before, either. Anyway, I quite enjoy DsO and Behemoth, so it sounds like something that I should be able to dig. If I get some spare time over the next few days, then I will give the album a good listen. Also, when I was in the process of posting this, I sampled a few of tracks and the album certainly seems pretty promising.

On another note; it's pretty damn rare for a band to release a triple album. There's only one other band that comes to mind that's done that and it's Swallow the Sun. I must admit that Songs From the North I, II & III was a fantastic release (that greatly exceeded my expectations), considering how sceptical I was about it at first. It just shows how versatile the band is, with their ability to experiment with their sound and actually pull it off well.
Last edited by Faschist Deutsch Reich on Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RYM Account
Calimama wrote:You are the tech master now, all hail 'O Wise Technical God.

Kolmya
Minister

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kolmya » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:31 pm

Cosumar wrote:
Kolmya wrote:Absolutely necessary however. :p
Thanks Gal, I did it too!

Hai boiz can I haz join teh club 2 plz?

Probably, let's wait for Gal's ruling.
(Watch this evolve into a serious club.)
Galborea wrote:We are the Doomfags of Troubled Candlebride Reverence.

Kolmya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kolmya » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:39 pm

Upon re-listening of Relentless, I have decided to give it a 5.0. Means it's some pretty good shit.

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:39 pm

Kolmya wrote:
Cosumar wrote:Hai boiz can I haz join teh club 2 plz?

Probably, let's wait for Gal's ruling.

Look at the WAYLT thread, I have doomfag cred! I'm listening to Candlemass right this second! *grovels at Gal's feet*
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Kolmya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kolmya » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:50 pm

Cosumar wrote:
Kolmya wrote:Probably, let's wait for Gal's ruling.

Look at the WAYLT thread, I have doomfag cred! I'm listening to Candlemass right this second! *grovels at Gal's feet*

Alright, I'll let you in. You are now a doomfag, welcome to the club! Hail Candlemass!

Galborea
Minister

Founded: May 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:24 pm

Kolmya wrote:
Cosumar wrote:Look at the WAYLT thread, I have doomfag cred! I'm listening to Candlemass right this second! *grovels at Gal's feet*

Alright, I'll let you in. You are now a doomfag, welcome to the club! Hail Candlemass!

Kol you will be in charge of making sure everybody who wants to join is a proper faggot of doom and will gladly bend over for it's slow, lengthy despair. DOOMFAGS 4 LYFE.

Faschist Deutsch Reich wrote:
Galborea wrote:Finally checked out the new album Triangle from Swiss black metal outfit Schammasch, a triple record that reeks of influence from Celtic Frost, Behemoth, Blut aus Nord, and (most especially) Deathspell Omega.

I've never heard of this band before, either. Anyway, I quite enjoy DsO and Behemoth, so it sounds like something that I should be able to dig. If I get some spare time over the next few days, then I will give the album a good listen. Also, when I was in the process of posting this, I sampled a few of tracks and the album certainly seems pretty promising.

On another note; it's pretty damn rare for a band to release a triple album. There's only one other band that comes to mind that's done that and it's Swallow the Sun. I must admit that Songs From the North I, II & III was a fantastic release (that greatly exceeded my expectations), considering how sceptical I was about it at first. It just shows how versatile the band is, with their ability to experiment with their sound and actually pull it off well.

If you've seen my 2015 albums of the year list on RYM you'll know that Swallow the Sun was very high up. Absolutely fantastic stuff. And Schammasch's album will definitely stay on the list. If you like Blut aus Nord OR DsO you'll absolutely love this.
Last edited by Galborea on Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:27 pm

Kolmya wrote:
Cosumar wrote:Look at the WAYLT thread, I have doomfag cred! I'm listening to Candlemass right this second! *grovels at Gal's feet*

Wrong doom, you incompetant motherfuckers :p
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Galborea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:32 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Kolmya wrote:Alright, I'll let you in. You are now a doomfag, welcome to the club! Hail Candlemass!

Wrong doom, you incompetant motherfuckers :p

That's why you will never be a trve doomfag.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:35 pm

Galborea wrote:

That's why you will never be a trve doomfag.

You're right. I need a better gaming computer.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Kolmya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kolmya » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:46 pm

Galborea wrote:
Kolmya wrote:Alright, I'll let you in. You are now a doomfag, welcome to the club! Hail Candlemass!

Kol you will be in charge of making sure everybody who wants to join is a proper faggot of doom and will gladly bend over for it's slow, lengthy despair. DOOMFAGS 4 LYFE.

Alright then. I hereby award myself the title of "HARBINGER OF MEATY, THICK DOOM,".

Galborea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:53 pm

Kolmya wrote:
Galborea wrote:Kol you will be in charge of making sure everybody who wants to join is a proper faggot of doom and will gladly bend over for it's slow, lengthy despair. DOOMFAGS 4 LYFE.

Alright then. I hereby award myself the title of "HARBINGER OF MEATY, THICK DOOM,".

And I shall be "BITCHFINDER OF OILY DOOMTITS"
Last edited by Galborea on Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grinstead
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grinstead » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:41 pm

Doom metal is flame.
#ANTIMODAKTION - NS RIGHT WING UPRISING

Sumaru
Attaché

Founded: Oct 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sumaru » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:45 pm

Grinstead wrote:Doom metal is flame.

יהודי ? מתכת כבדה ? מגוחך :P
My nation is Sumerian, and is not Muslim, nor Middle Eastern.
I'm a practising Jew, from Israel. I like metal and guitars.

Grinstead
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Grinstead » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:46 pm

Sumaru wrote:
Grinstead wrote:Doom metal is flame.

יהודי ? מתכת כבדה ? מגוחך :P

אנחנו קיימים

Slam metal isn't that bad too.

Odalfolk
Attaché

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Odalfolk » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:59 am

Enjoy any and all types of metal, whether it be traditional, black, doom, deathcore or progressive vegetarian grindcore and vociferously opposed to elitism.
ᚹ ᛖ ᚱ ᛟ ᛞ ᚨ ᛚ ᚠ ᛟ ᛚ ᚲ ᛗ ᚢ ᚾ ᚢ ᚱ ᛁ ᛋ ᚨ
VÖLKISCH ANARCHIST, INDO-EUROPEAN WORLDVIEW
RYM
Survivalist
Environmentalist
Misanthrope
Metalhead
23 years old
STRENGTH, PRIDE, TRADITION

Nokturne
Attaché

Founded: Feb 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nokturne » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:41 am

Odalfolk wrote:Enjoy any and all types of metal, whether it be traditional, black, doom, deathcore or progressive vegetarian grindcore and vociferously opposed to elitism.

Welcome welcome.
Edgiest user in the whole of NationStates.
Telegrams open to hate mail.

Thurses
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Thurses » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:49 am

Odalfolk wrote:Enjoy any and all types of metal, whether it be traditional, black, doom, deathcore or progressive vegetarian grindcore and vociferously opposed to elitism.

A cordial welcome to the metal thread :D
You're all horrible.

Odalfolk
Attaché

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Odalfolk » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:32 am

Nokturne wrote:

Welcome welcome.
Thurses wrote:

A cordial welcome to the metal thread :D

Thank you both.
ᚹ ᛖ ᚱ ᛟ ᛞ ᚨ ᛚ ᚠ ᛟ ᛚ ᚲ ᛗ ᚢ ᚾ ᚢ ᚱ ᛁ ᛋ ᚨ
VÖLKISCH ANARCHIST, INDO-EUROPEAN WORLDVIEW
RYM
Survivalist
Environmentalist
Misanthrope
Metalhead
23 years old
STRENGTH, PRIDE, TRADITION

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:09 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Galborea wrote:That's why you will never be a trve doomfag.

You're right. I need a better gaming computer.

If your machine isn't capable of playing games from the nineties, I'm pretty much surprised you actually manage to use a modern day browser without your computer crashing several times an hour. Oh well, at least you can still play Wolfenstein 3D, right? Shoot ALL the nazis!

Always nice to listen to the original Doom soundtrack, even though the soundtrack of the newest Doom is overwhelming and magnificent. It was a good thing Corrian mentioned it earlier in the thread.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Grinstead
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Grinstead » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:11 am

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:13 am

That should be fun enough, yes. Is it the announcement of a tour?
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Grinstead
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Grinstead » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:17 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:

That should be fun enough, yes. Is it the announcement of a tour?

I think so.

EDIT: Yes, from Skalmold facebook page
EUROPE! WE ARE COMING YOUR WAY!
Yup, we will hit the road with Korpiklaani and Moonsorrow this fall. We did have a little discussion about this yesterday and it went like this:
MOONSORROW's Ville Sorvali states:
"The first FFMM tour earlier this year was such a blast that we knew we had to do a second part. And this time with some non-FFMM villains from Iceland as special guests - welcome on board SKÁLMÖLD and try to hang on!"
SKÁLMÖLD's Snæbjörn Ragnarsson counters:
"Try to hang on?! Challenge accepted my friend! But wow, touring with not one but TWO Finnish bands, what could possibly go wrong? No, in all seriousness, I know this will be a killer tour. Great bands, great guys and (great) beer, what more do you need?"
Last but not least, KORPIKLAANI's Jonne Järvelä comments further:
"Oh my gods, is this Finnish Folk Metal Mafia madness going to continue with MOONSORROW? ...and we are going to get one more band on it? SKÁLMÖLD from Iceland? You had better come and see this with your own eyes because this will be something ELSE! See you soon there boys and girls!"
This is how it's gonna go:
KORPIKLAANI, SKÁLMÖLD
24.10. PL Gdynia - Ucho
25.10. PL Warsaw - Proxima
26.10. PL Wroclaw - Alibi
27.10. PL Katowice - Mega Club
28.10. SK Bratislava - Majestic
KORPIKLAANI, MOONSORROW, SKÁLMÖLD
29.10. CZ Prague - Club Meet Factory
30.10. A Vienna - Szene
31.10. A Graz - Explosiv
01.11. I Bologna - Zona Roveri
02.11. I Milan - Alcatraz
03.11. A Innsbruck - Hafen
04.11. CH Lausanne - Les Docks
05.11. CH Solothurn - Kulturfabrik Kofmehl
06.11. CH Winterthur - Salzhaus
07.11. D Aschaffenburg - Colos-Saal
08.11. D Lindau - Vaudeville
09.11. D Nürnberg - Hirsch
10.11. D Köln - Essigfabrik
11.11. NL Zoetermeer - De Boerderij
12.11. D Hannover - Musikzentrum
13.11. D Hamburg - Klubsen
So, where can we expect to meet you guys?
Last edited by Grinstead on Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:27 am

Grinstead wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:That should be fun enough, yes. Is it the announcement of a tour?

I think so.

EDIT: Yes, from Skalmold facebook page
EUROPE! WE ARE COMING YOUR WAY!
Yup, we will hit the road with Korpiklaani and Moonsorrow this fall. We did have a little discussion about this yesterday and it went like this:
MOONSORROW's Ville Sorvali states:
"The first FFMM tour earlier this year was such a blast that we knew we had to do a second part. And this time with some non-FFMM villains from Iceland as special guests - welcome on board SKÁLMÖLD and try to hang on!"
SKÁLMÖLD's Snæbjörn Ragnarsson counters:
"Try to hang on?! Challenge accepted my friend! But wow, touring with not one but TWO Finnish bands, what could possibly go wrong? No, in all seriousness, I know this will be a killer tour. Great bands, great guys and (great) beer, what more do you need?"
Last but not least, KORPIKLAANI's Jonne Järvelä comments further:
"Oh my gods, is this Finnish Folk Metal Mafia madness going to continue with MOONSORROW? ...and we are going to get one more band on it? SKÁLMÖLD from Iceland? You had better come and see this with your own eyes because this will be something ELSE! See you soon there boys and girls!"
This is how it's gonna go:
KORPIKLAANI, SKÁLMÖLD
24.10. PL Gdynia - Ucho
25.10. PL Warsaw - Proxima
26.10. PL Wroclaw - Alibi
27.10. PL Katowice - Mega Club
28.10. SK Bratislava - Majestic
KORPIKLAANI, MOONSORROW, SKÁLMÖLD
29.10. CZ Prague - Club Meet Factory
30.10. A Vienna - Szene
31.10. A Graz - Explosiv
01.11. I Bologna - Zona Roveri
02.11. I Milan - Alcatraz
03.11. A Innsbruck - Hafen
04.11. CH Lausanne - Les Docks
05.11. CH Solothurn - Kulturfabrik Kofmehl
06.11. CH Winterthur - Salzhaus
07.11. D Aschaffenburg - Colos-Saal
08.11. D Lindau - Vaudeville
09.11. D Nürnberg - Hirsch
10.11. D Köln - Essigfabrik
11.11. NL Zoetermeer - De Boerderij
12.11. D Hannover - Musikzentrum
13.11. D Hamburg - Klubsen
So, where can we expect to meet you guys?

Only one show in the Netherlands, I see. But that's still more than France and Belgium got.

Galborea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:06 am

Welcome, it's about time we had more people that liked deathcore and progressive vegetarian grindcore.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction