NATION

PASSWORD

Metal Thread 3: Subjectivity isn't Metal

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mechanix or The Four Horsemen?

Mechanix
32%
The Four Horsemen
68%

Total votes : 59

Galborea
Minister

Founded: May 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:57 pm

Kolmya wrote:
Corrian wrote:I've never had mine overly long, so I might prefer it if it was truly long over long-ish. But I can't tolerate it long enough to even hit that point if I cared it to, so I just keep it short.

Right now I have hair kind of like Tom Angelripper in terms of length and bangs, but it is not as straight and emoish. I want it to be longer, and I don't like how it is now, but I have to live with my parents the next couple years, and they are very strict on hair for some reason. Whenever it starts to grow more, my parents force me to get it cut.

Is Angelripper the guy who said something like "most metal bands these days are just pop"? If so that's a fucking douchey thing to say.

Kolmya
Minister

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kolmya » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:03 pm

Galborea wrote:
Kolmya wrote:Right now I have hair kind of like Tom Angelripper in terms of length and bangs, but it is not as straight and emoish. I want it to be longer, and I don't like how it is now, but I have to live with my parents the next couple years, and they are very strict on hair for some reason. Whenever it starts to grow more, my parents force me to get it cut.

Is Angelripper the guy who said something like "most metal bands these days are just pop"? If so that's a fucking douchey thing to say.

Don't know, but he is the frontman of Sodom.
Galborea wrote:We are the Doomfags of Troubled Candlebride Reverence.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Galborea wrote:
Kolmya wrote:Right now I have hair kind of like Tom Angelripper in terms of length and bangs, but it is not as straight and emoish. I want it to be longer, and I don't like how it is now, but I have to live with my parents the next couple years, and they are very strict on hair for some reason. Whenever it starts to grow more, my parents force me to get it cut.

He plays in the third best 80s german thrash band. his opinion matters as much as simmons
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Kolmya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kolmya » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:07 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Galborea wrote:

He plays in the third best 80s german thrash band. his opinion matters as much as simmons

I usually don't give a shit about what musicians think (politically, spiritually, etc.), I seperate the music from the maker. But the one exception to this is Ted Nugent. He pollutes his somewhat mediocre 70's hard rock with his reactionary views.

Galborea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:10 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Galborea wrote:

Never cared too much for Sodom. I own my favorite album of theirs, Persecution Mania, and some of their other material is pretty good but a lot of it is really generic in my experience.

Kolmya wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:He plays in the third best 80s german thrash band. his opinion matters as much as simmons

I usually don't give a shit about what musicians think (politically, spiritually, etc.), I seperate the music from the maker. But the one exception to this is Ted Nugent. He pollutes his somewhat mediocre 70's hard rock with his reactionary views.

But this is an opinion on music, not politics or religion or whatever.
Last edited by Galborea on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:11 pm

Kolmya wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:He plays in the third best 80s german thrash band. his opinion matters as much as simmons

I think he's one of the best guitarists of his time. A shit human being but arguably better than Jimmy Page
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

The republic of Kosh Naranek
Diplomat

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Kosh Naranek » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:12 pm

Kolmya wrote:
Corrian wrote:I've never had mine overly long, so I might prefer it if it was truly long over long-ish. But I can't tolerate it long enough to even hit that point if I cared it to, so I just keep it short.

Right now I have hair kind of like Tom Angelripper in terms of length and bangs, but it is not as straight and emoish. I want it to be longer, and I don't like how it is now, but I have to live with my parents the next couple years, and they are very strict on hair for some reason. Whenever it starts to grow more, my parents force me to get it cut.

Me, mine is very much like that of Cliff Burton. Hell, I like it long too, just prepare for tangles, and a lot of shampoo and conditioner.
Hello, just a fellow headbanger, wondering about the future.
I'm a bisexual homoromantic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC5PU9YNlGM

I am a center-left moderate social libertarian Left: 2.79, Libertarian: 2.71 If you want to take the same quiz: http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/politi ... -quiz.html

Kolmya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kolmya » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Galborea wrote:
But this is an opinion on music, not politics or religion or whatever.

True, just what the discussion made me think of.

Galborea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Kolmya wrote:I usually don't give a shit about what musicians think (politically, spiritually, etc.), I seperate the music from the maker. But the one exception to this is Ted Nugent. He pollutes his somewhat mediocre 70's hard rock with his reactionary views.

I think he's one of the best guitarists of his time. A shit human being but arguably better than Jimmy Page

He says Trump is the "hellraiser" America needs. Yeah, we need a "hellraiser" like Caitlyn Jenner needs a penis.

Kolmya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kolmya » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:17 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Kolmya wrote:I usually don't give a shit about what musicians think (politically, spiritually, etc.), I seperate the music from the maker. But the one exception to this is Ted Nugent. He pollutes his somewhat mediocre 70's hard rock with his reactionary views.

I would disagree, however I know that it is just an opinion, so I can't really have any hard evidence to explain why not.

Kolmya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kolmya » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:18 pm

Galborea wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:I think he's one of the best guitarists of his time. A shit human being but arguably better than Jimmy Page

He says Trump is the "hellraiser" America needs. Yeah, we need a "hellraiser" like Caitlyn Jenner needs a penis.

Honestly, I don't understand why people like Trump. "Oh, he's headstrong." No he's just an ass.

Galborea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:20 pm

Kolmya wrote:
Galborea wrote:

Honestly, I don't understand why people like Trump. "Oh, he's headstrong." No he's just an ass.

Not a good idea to get into a political discussion on this thread but you're far from alone. Welcome to America, baby.

Kolmya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kolmya » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:24 pm

Galborea wrote:
Kolmya wrote:Honestly, I don't understand why people like Trump. "Oh, he's headstrong." No he's just an ass.

Not a good idea to get into a political discussion on this thread but you're far from alone. Welcome to America, baby.

Yeah, probably not, so to contribute to the discussion of metal, I listened to Nightfall again. Hail Candlemass.

Galborea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:25 pm

Kolmya wrote:
Galborea wrote:

Yeah, probably not, so to contribute to the discussion of metal, I listened to Nightfall again. Hail Candlemass.

I'm listening to Deafheaven's New Bermuda. This is NOT the same band that released a certain album I used to think was the antithesis of everything black metal. Like holy shit, this is amazing stuff.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:39 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:New Nazghor album is out. Check spotify.
0/10 VNKVLT hearing a bass that is not played by Varg on De Mysteriis is not KVLT

In all seriousness once again a Nazghor album is my frontrunner for album of the year.
Death's Withered Chants like Diabolical Teachings stays close to the bands formula of having some really good black metal but then going atmospheric for no fucking reason.

Death's Withered Chants>Dystopia>For all Kings
What else is out right now?
Anarchist

Galborea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:41 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:New Nazghor album is out. Check spotify.
0/10 VNKVLT hearing a bass that is not played by Varg on De Mysteriis is not KVLT

In all seriousness once again a Nazghor album is my frontrunner for album of the year.
Death's Withered Chants like Diabolical Teachings stays close to the bands formula of having some really good black metal but then going atmospheric for no fucking reason.

My favorite album of the year thus far is probably Hypno5e's latest, Shores of the Abstract Line. Amazing combination of atmospheric, technical, and just plain weird styles. Think Fallujah meets All Shall Perish meets TesseracT meets Deafheaven meets The Contortionist meets Devin Townsend.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:03 pm

Galborea wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:In all seriousness once again a Nazghor album is my frontrunner for album of the year.

My favorite album of the year thus far is probably Hypno5e's latest, Shores of the Abstract Line. Amazing combination of atmospheric, technical, and just plain weird styles. Think Fallujah meets All Shall Perish meets TesseracT meets Deafheaven meets The Contortionist meets Devin Townsend.

I have not listened to any of those
Anarchist

The republic of Kosh Naranek
Diplomat

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Kosh Naranek » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:11 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Galborea wrote:

Strapping Young Lad?
Hello, just a fellow headbanger, wondering about the future.
I'm a bisexual homoromantic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC5PU9YNlGM

I am a center-left moderate social libertarian Left: 2.79, Libertarian: 2.71 If you want to take the same quiz: http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/politi ... -quiz.html

Galborea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:15 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Galborea wrote:

The Contortionist started out as djenty deathcore kind of like Born of Osiris but have gotten rid of the deathcore stuff and are more of ambient-sounding prog metal now. Their 2014 album Language is actually REALLY good.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:19 pm

The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:I have not listened to any of those

Strapping Young Lad?

All i know about that is two things. Devin Townsend is a dick, and Gene Hoglan is a beast
Anarchist

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:23 pm

My favorite album so far this year is Blackstar by David Bowie...

Favorite metal...I don't think I've listened to a metal album this year yet.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:22 pm

Top quality thrash:

http://youtu.be/DSaSw3dH5Y8
Siliarba wrote:I stayed out of his way and let him do his thing, but the guy is a monster, a thing worse than cancer that needs to be removed and destroyed.

Kiris the korrupter wrote:Article 1 yb REMOVE new rob halfordia for being annoying cunt new rob halfordia toxic poster rob interaction like injecting toxic into eye

Kolmya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kolmya » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:26 pm

New Rob Halfordia wrote:Top quality thrash:

Pretty cool song, and here is some other quality thrash https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTO4Xsw-j0E

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:41 pm

New Rob Halfordia wrote:Top quality thrash:

Too slow. Minimum acceptable speed
Anarchist

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:48 pm

Noise Grind Power Death

EDIT: Apparently Insect Warfare reunited this year...
Last edited by Cadonica on Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction