NATION

PASSWORD

Metal Thread 3: Subjectivity isn't Metal

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mechanix or The Four Horsemen?

Mechanix
32%
The Four Horsemen
68%

Total votes : 59

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:23 pm

Since the allows the discussion of "metal and other forms of extreme music", what is the thread's opinion on terrorcore? If you're not familiar with it, check my "Can confirm" link few posts above last page. My favorite terrorcore artist is Somatic Responses and my favorite song is their Don't Fuck with an S.R. Don't ask for the link, I'm on a phone, check it yourself from Youtube/Spotify/wherever IF you're interested.
Last edited by Cadonica on Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:25 pm

Cadonica wrote:Since the allows the discussion of "metal and other forms of extreme music", what is the thread's opinion on terrorcore? If you're not familiar with it, check my "Can confirm" link few posts above. My favorite terrorcore artist is Somatic Responses and my favorite song is their Don't Fuck with an S.R. Don't ask for the link, I'm on a phone, check it yourself from Youtube/Spotify/wherever IF you're interested.

I'm somewhat familiar with the genre, but breakcore (especially Venetian Snares) tends to be more my thing.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Kynjold
Envoy

Founded: Jan 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kynjold » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:29 pm

Cadonica wrote:Since the allows the discussion of "metal and other forms of extreme music", what is the thread's opinion on terrorcore? If you're not familiar with it, check my "Can confirm" link few posts above last page. My favorite terrorcore artist is Somatic Responses and my favorite song is their Don't Fuck with an S.R. Don't ask for the link, I'm on a phone, check it yourself from Youtube/Spotify/wherever IF you're interested.

Eh, not really my thing.

Drown
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Drown » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:56 pm

Cadonica wrote:Since the allows the discussion of "metal and other forms of extreme music", what is the thread's opinion on terrorcore? If you're not familiar with it, check my "Can confirm" link few posts above last page. My favorite terrorcore artist is Somatic Responses and my favorite song is their Don't Fuck with an S.R. Don't ask for the link, I'm on a phone, check it yourself from Youtube/Spotify/wherever IF you're interested.

cool.

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:02 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:It's quite the album, yes. I've got my copy back in the nineties, with the original artwork.

No wonder Kar hates you. You're old. You don't get what the kids are into these days and wouldn't understand that his music isn't just a phase mom.

As hard as I laughed at this, no, I hate him because, well, he's a word I can't call him because I'll be banned for flaming.

Haven't you noticed the posts he makes in my direction? Have you been living under a rock?

Whatever, since we're talking about metal: Some ig'nant fool way back in the last thread said that bands with misspelled names are always automatically bad. Guess that means Megadeth sucks. ;) :p
Last edited by Kar-Esseria on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#FeelTheBern
Don't call them ISIS/ISIL/IS, call them Daesh. They hate that.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:05 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:No wonder Kar hates you. You're old. You don't get what the kids are into these days and wouldn't understand that his music isn't just a phase mom.

As hard as I laughed at this

Metal thread rule # fuck if i know: You're not allowed to laugh at something Impaled Nazarene posts unless they say something stupid that deserves mockery based laughter.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Drown
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Drown » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:06 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:

Metal thread rule # fuck if i know: You're not allowed to laugh at something Impaled Nazarene posts unless they say something stupid that deserves mockery based laughter.

This ain't in the OP.

Nex new rule.

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:08 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:

Metal Thread Rule #-0: I don't give a damn.
#FeelTheBern

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:22 pm

Drown wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Metal thread rule # fuck if i know: You're not allowed to laugh at something Impaled Nazarene posts unless they say something stupid that deserves mockery based laughter.

This ain't in the OP.

Halfordia, fix this.
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Drown
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Drown » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:25 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Drown wrote:This ain't in the OP.

Halfordia, fix this.

Poo-yee-yi.

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:11 pm

OP has been edited.
Siliarba wrote:I stayed out of his way and let him do his thing, but the guy is a monster, a thing worse than cancer that needs to be removed and destroyed.

Kiris the korrupter wrote:Article 1 yb REMOVE new rob halfordia for being annoying cunt new rob halfordia toxic poster rob interaction like injecting toxic into eye

Drown
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Drown » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:16 pm

New Rob Halfordia wrote:OP has been edited.

Poo-yee-yi >:(

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am

Drown wrote:

Poo-yee-yi >:(

Again, in English please.
Last edited by New Rob Halfordia on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Siliarba wrote:I stayed out of his way and let him do his thing, but the guy is a monster, a thing worse than cancer that needs to be removed and destroyed.

Kiris the korrupter wrote:Article 1 yb REMOVE new rob halfordia for being annoying cunt new rob halfordia toxic poster rob interaction like injecting toxic into eye

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:13 am

Thank you.
Anarchist

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:54 am

Anarchist

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:21 am

Cadonica wrote:
Cosumar wrote:There are still some highly-rated Megadeth albums I need to hear in full though (Killing, So Far, Endgame).

The Lendol Archipelago wrote:I need to get a few more albums as well (R.I.P. is still on that list somehow).

You two. Stop doing whatever you are doing and get on those albums NOW.

I know, I know.
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:31 am

I've decided I am going to try my best to become a singer, short vocal range be damned. I can pull off power metal for sure, maybe doom and some more mainstream metal, ordinary heavy metal probably. Of course I don't plan to do solely metal, instead I'm just going to make music and not worry about what genre it fits in.

But now I have to ask, is being a singer enough? Should I learn the guitar to? I think that would help with musical direction, more specifically songwriting. I think it'd be best to know how to play at least one instrument so that I show bandmates the sound I think would best fit with the lyrics and vocal direction. Lots of singers tend to play the guitar, but there are also lots that don't, so I'm a bit conflicted about this.

Thoughts!? Not that anyone cares, I'm sure. ;)
#FeelTheBern

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:59 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:I've decided I am going to try my best to become a singer, short vocal range be damned. I can pull off power metal for sure, maybe doom and some more mainstream metal, ordinary heavy metal probably. Of course I don't plan to do solely metal, instead I'm just going to make music and not worry about what genre it fits in.

But now I have to ask, is being a singer enough? Should I learn the guitar to? I think that would help with musical direction, more specifically songwriting. I think it'd be best to know how to play at least one instrument so that I show bandmates the sound I think would best fit with the lyrics and vocal direction. Lots of singers tend to play the guitar, but there are also lots that don't, so I'm a bit conflicted about this.

I can do almost anything that isn't heavy metal or most power metal.

Day 6958: I still cannot sing Painkiller.
Anarchist

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:39 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:I've decided I am going to try my best to become a singer, short vocal range be damned. I can pull off power metal for sure, maybe doom and some more mainstream metal, ordinary heavy metal probably. Of course I don't plan to do solely metal, instead I'm just going to make music and not worry about what genre it fits in.

Really? Power metal is pretty easy, IMO.
#FeelTheBern

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:48 pm

Amon Amarth announced a tour today.

Chicago is on the list, and tickets are all ages. I'll be 17 by then. GA is $33. I can be there, I can afford it, and I think I'm going to go. I have yet to attend a death metal concert and this is the time to do it. My first-liked death metal band will also be the first death metal band I see live. Gonna be fucking awesome, hope they play Pursuit of Vikings, Warriors of the North, and Varyags of Miklagaard, especially Varyags of Miklagaard.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Kynjold
Envoy

Founded: Jan 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kynjold » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:04 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:

If you can do vargscreams you can do Halfordhighpitch.

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:08 pm

In all honesty, I would focus on the vocals. Learning to play guitar is not easy; learning to play and sing at the same time is even more difficult. There are heaps of singers that play guitar, but I would bet that the vast majority either focus solely on their voice, or play piano instead (which has its own challenges, mind you). If you're serious about becoming a singer, take voice lessons. The style of singing is irrelevant, since the techniques that any instructor will show you will translate in one form or another into different genres; not only that, but it would also help expand your range to be more dynamic and access different registers.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:23 pm

Kynjold wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:I can do almost anything that isn't heavy metal or most power metal.

If you can do vargscreams you can do Halfordhighpitch.

You just implied Varg had enough talent in the early 90's to sing Painkiller.
Anarchist

Drown
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Drown » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:27 pm

New Rob Halfordia wrote:
Drown wrote:Poo-yee-yi >:(

Again, in English please.

That sucks.

Nazgur
Envoy

Founded: Jun 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazgur » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:25 pm

Dunno if any of you remember me but I'm back. Don't really like black metal as much as I used to, but I still listen to it.
Stop the boats.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction