NATION

PASSWORD

Metal Thread 3: Subjectivity isn't Metal

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mechanix or The Four Horsemen?

Mechanix
32%
The Four Horsemen
68%

Total votes : 59

Galborea
Minister

Founded: May 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:04 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:ALL HAIL DOPESMOKER! Bill ward is underpaid, Sharon Osbourne is a witch, Randy Rhoads for Zombie Prime Minister 2020

This is why I don't get high.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:05 pm

Cadonica wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:ALL HAIL DOPESMOKER! Bill ward is underpaid, Sharon Osbourne is a witch, Randy Rhoads for Zombie Prime Minister 2020

Yes. No, no, no.

Fuck you Cad always taking the weed out of my bowl I WANT ZOMBIE RANDY RHOADS or a SOD reunion (Please Dio)
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:08 pm

Cosumar can I have album cover too?

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Galborea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:08 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Cadonica wrote:Yes. No, no, no.

Fuck you Cad always taking the weed out of my bowl I WANT ZOMBIE RANDY RHOADS or a SOD reunion (Please Dio)

All Hail Blackwater Park! Ne Obliviscaris are whiny cyber-beggers, Kerry King is an asshole, and Metal: A Headbanger's Journey is embarrassing.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:09 pm

Galborea wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Fuck you Cad always taking the weed out of my bowl I WANT ZOMBIE RANDY RHOADS or a SOD reunion (Please Dio)

All Hail Blackwater Park! Ne Obliviscaris are whiny cyber-beggers, Kerry King is an asshole, and Metal: A Headbanger's Journey is embarrassing.

Excellent
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:10 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Cadonica wrote:Yes. No, no, no.

Never c:

This zombie you can have.
Last edited by Cadonica on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

Galborea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:10 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Galborea wrote:

Excellent

You must be the first person to NOT threaten my life after that last one.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:16 pm

Galborea wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Excellent

I don't trust anything about metal. I take your cold hard facts and shove them up Scott Ian's receding asshair. I make up shit as I go which is why i established a protestant church because that's what they do.
Anarchist

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:16 pm

Sharon Osbourne is just a shitty human being.
Siliarba wrote:I stayed out of his way and let him do his thing, but the guy is a monster, a thing worse than cancer that needs to be removed and destroyed.

Kiris the korrupter wrote:Article 1 yb REMOVE new rob halfordia for being annoying cunt new rob halfordia toxic poster rob interaction like injecting toxic into eye

Galborea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:17 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Galborea wrote:

I don't trust anything about metal. I take your cold hard facts and shove them up Scott Ian's receding asshair. I make up shit as I go which is why i established a protestant church because that's what they do.

That's Protestantism in a nutshell.

I'm sure nobody really cares, myself included, but who would want me to list everything I hate about Sam Dunn's documentary?

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:18 pm

New Rob Halfordia wrote:

Sharon Osbourne is just a shitty human being.

Oh...alright time to disband my make believe angry mob
Anarchist

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:18 pm

Galborea wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:I don't trust anything about metal. I take your cold hard facts and shove them up Scott Ian's receding asshair. I make up shit as I go which is why i established a protestant church because that's what they do.

I'm sure nobody really cares, myself included, but who would want me to list everything I hate about Sam Dunn's documentary?

I hate most people names Sam unless its followed by an us
Anarchist

Galborea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:20 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Galborea wrote:

I hate most people names Sam unless its followed by an us

He's actually doing better stuff and his work in Global Metal and Metal Evolution are far more impressive. But A Headbanger's Journey is just offensively bad.

Bodobol
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bodobol » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:11 pm

Galborea wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Fuck you Cad always taking the weed out of my bowl I WANT ZOMBIE RANDY RHOADS or a SOD reunion (Please Dio)

I'm jumping to NeOb's defense here because I basically worship their music, but to be fair, they do live in Australia and all the members, as far as I'm aware, have fairly busy lives outside of music too. Also, MAYH is better than Blackwater imo.

Is anyone here any good with amps? I've been using a Spider 6 for a couple of years now, and I'm finally looking into getting an amp that's, well, good. For a head I think I'm looking at the Orange Micro Dark? I don't have much money to work with, and it seems affordable. I have no idea where to start with a cab, though. I play an eight string guitar and occasionally play in Drop E tuning so it would have to be able to get a good sound out of low range (but I don't want to buy a bass amp). My top priority is getting a full clean tone, but a good distortion sound is fairly important too.
Last.fmRead my blogshe/her

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:28 pm

Bodobol wrote:
Galborea wrote:

I'm jumping to NeOb's defense here because I basically worship their music, but to be fair, they do live in Australia and all the members, as far as I'm aware, have fairly busy lives outside of music too. Also, MAYH is better than Blackwater imo.

Is anyone here any good with amps? I've been using a Spider 6 for a couple of years now, and I'm finally looking into getting an amp that's, well, good. For a head I think I'm looking at the Orange Micro Dark? I don't have much money to work with, and it seems affordable. I have no idea where to start with a cab, though. I play an eight string guitar and occasionally play in Drop E tuning so it would have to be able to get a good sound out of low range (but I don't want to buy a bass amp). My top priority is getting a full clean tone, but a good distortion sound is fairly important too.

Peavey Bandit, screamer, and idk a distortion or gain pedal
Anarchist

Thurses
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Thurses » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:33 pm

I play out of a park g10. Shit amp but got no money due to hospital fee.
You're all horrible.

Galborea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:25 am

Bodobol wrote:I'm jumping to NeOb's defense here because I basically worship their music, but to be fair, they do live in Australia and all the members, as far as I'm aware, have fairly busy lives outside of music too. Also, MAYH is better than Blackwater imo.

They do make amazing music but I'm not a big fan of the whole cyber-begging thing especially when some of the rewards are getting a live chat (probably Skype) with the band monthly, live streaming of rehearsals, and *gasp* a phone call from a member of your choice on your birthday! Seriously, who is THAT obsessed with Ne Obliviscaris? Their egos are reaching One Direction levels with this.
Last edited by Galborea on Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:13 am

Galborea wrote:
Bodobol wrote:I'm jumping to NeOb's defense here because I basically worship their music, but to be fair, they do live in Australia and all the members, as far as I'm aware, have fairly busy lives outside of music too. Also, MAYH is better than Blackwater imo.

They do make amazing music but I'm not a big fan of the whole cyber-begging thing especially when some of the rewards are getting a live chat (probably Skype) with the band monthly, live streaming of rehearsals, and *gasp* a phone call from a member of your choice on your birthday! Seriously, who is THAT obsessed with Ne Obliviscaris? Their egos are reaching One Direction levels with this.

They're just reaching out to the community, which is probably a mortal sin in the eyes of sociopathic black metal maniacs.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Galborea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:45 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Galborea wrote:They do make amazing music but I'm not a big fan of the whole cyber-begging thing especially when some of the rewards are getting a live chat (probably Skype) with the band monthly, live streaming of rehearsals, and *gasp* a phone call from a member of your choice on your birthday! Seriously, who is THAT obsessed with Ne Obliviscaris? Their egos are reaching One Direction levels with this.

They're just reaching out to the community, which is probably a mortal sin in the eyes of sociopathic black metal maniacs.

Maybe I should have reworded that better. My bad. What I meant is they seem to be overdoing the whole thing and expecting too much out of people. I just don't think anyone would want to pay money to get a phone call from a band member on their birthday. Unless they go to sleep with a blow-up doll that has his face, that seems a step too much.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:54 am

Galborea wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:They're just reaching out to the community, which is probably a mortal sin in the eyes of sociopathic black metal maniacs.

Maybe I should have reworded that better. My bad. What I meant is they seem to be overdoing the whole thing and expecting too much out of people. I just don't think anyone would want to pay money to get a phone call from a band member on their birthday. Unless they go to sleep with a blow-up doll that has his face, that seems a step too much.

It is rather uncommon, I'll give you that. Can't blame them for trying, though. It's hardly the worst thing ever done by metal musicians.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Galborea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galborea » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:49 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Galborea wrote:Maybe I should have reworded that better. My bad. What I meant is they seem to be overdoing the whole thing and expecting too much out of people. I just don't think anyone would want to pay money to get a phone call from a band member on their birthday. Unless they go to sleep with a blow-up doll that has his face, that seems a step too much.

It is rather uncommon, I'll give you that. Can't blame them for trying, though. It's hardly the worst thing ever done by metal musicians.

You're right about that. And just look at the ridiculous deluxe package whatevers that GNR has out.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:54 am

I consider Speak English or Die to be the better album of the two SOD releases but consider Bigger Than the Devil to be a much more enjoyable and better sounding album.

I might actually consider naming my crust project PCSOD. Politically Correct Stormtroopers of Death. Parody a parody band in the wrong direction
Last edited by Impaled Nazarene on Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anarchist

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:56 am

Galborea wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:It is rather uncommon, I'll give you that. Can't blame them for trying, though. It's hardly the worst thing ever done by metal musicians.

You're right about that. And just look at the ridiculous deluxe package whatevers that GNR has out.

Back in the nineties, Cradle of Filth had quite elaborate special editions of their albums, packaged in small coffins and such. You got your hands on a number of bonus tracks that way, but I simply waited until a compilation 2cd with those very same special edition songs was released. Dream Theater also tends to be quite adept when it comes to providing their dedicated fans with fancy versions of their latest albums.

Dumb Ideologies
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Dumb Ideologies » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:01 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Galborea wrote:They do make amazing music but I'm not a big fan of the whole cyber-begging thing especially when some of the rewards are getting a live chat (probably Skype) with the band monthly, live streaming of rehearsals, and *gasp* a phone call from a member of your choice on your birthday! Seriously, who is THAT obsessed with Ne Obliviscaris? Their egos are reaching One Direction levels with this.

They're one of the few bands that gets mention here that I actually like and live streaming of rehearsals and a live update from the band are pretty good things if you're that sort of person. That said, I'm not interested in anything about bands whose music I like other than when the next CD is coming.
Are these "human rights" in the room with us right now?
★彡 Professional pessimist. Reactionary socialist and gamer liberationist. Coffee addict. Fun at parties 彡★
Freedom is when people agree with you, and the more people you can force to act like they agree the freer society is
You are the trolley problem's conductor. You could stop the train in time but you do not. Nobody knows you're part of the equation. You satisfy your bloodlust and get away with it every time

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:03 am

Dumb Ideologies wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:They're just reaching out to the community, which is probably a mortal sin in the eyes of sociopathic black metal maniacs.

They're one of the few bands that gets mention here that I actually like and live streaming of rehearsals and a live update from the band are pretty good things if you're that sort of person. That said, I'm not interested in anything about bands whose music I like other than when the next CD is coming.

Not even when it's one of those fancy visual kei or idol pop acts?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction