NATION

PASSWORD

League Of Legends Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:56 pm

So I got back into playing League only to quickly realize why I quit playing it in the first place.

It seems the playerbase has gotten even more stupid in the past 3 years.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:39 am

Torisakia wrote:So I got back into playing League only to quickly realize why I quit playing it in the first place.

Yup...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:58 pm

Torisakia wrote:So I got back into playing League only to quickly realize why I quit playing it in the first place.

Is it one or more of the following?

1. Many (too many) players in the chats are irritated, toxic, trollish, quick to blow up/point fingers

2. A growing feeling of powerlessness in a 1 vs 9 game (vs 10 if you count Riot as an extra enemy for its continuous, increasingly irresponsible patching)

3. Riot’s continuous irresponsible release of new unfun-to-play-against hyper mobile, high outplay, high complexity, high obnoxiousness new champions

4. Terrible matchmaking and snowball mechanics which result in one-sided stomps one way or another at more than 50 percent rate (but that nevertheless require 20-30 mins or longer to play out)

5. Pervasive culture of ranked shaming (“oh you’re not good at the game unless you’re top 5-1 percent of the ranked ladder and devote your life to the game”)

Or (and this is more of a personal one)

6. The game’s overemphasis on Junglers, Jungle tracking, and objectives which creates frustrating 2 v 1 surprise scenarios if you don’t master the art of invisible jungle tracking
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:00 pm

Having said that, the lore and the art continue to rock

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:03 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Having said that, the lore and the art continue to rock

Eh. If you ask me, even the lore team are losing it. I'm still pissed about the utter shart that was the Ruined King event.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:14 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Having said that, the lore and the art continue to rock

Eh. If you ask me, even the lore team are losing it. I'm still pissed about the utter shart that was the Ruined King event.

Yikes. I missed that. It sounds awful.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:18 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Eh. If you ask me, even the lore team are losing it. I'm still pissed about the utter shart that was the Ruined King event.

Yikes. I missed that. It sounds awful.

Well, the in-game quest story what-have-you was good. The actual end to it was pathetic. You spend weeks doing these quests, meeting all the Sentinels, fighting all the Ruined champs, etc.

And the big finale to it has 6 of those Sentinels missing, not hide nor hair of Yorick, Kalista, Hecarim or any really important Shadow Isles champs, exactly one Ruined champ showing up who does fuck all, and it ends in like 5 minutes. They whiffed bad.

Not to mention after it ended, they messed with Gwen's voice lines.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:59 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:

Is it one or more of the following?

1. Many (too many) players in the chats are irritated, toxic, trollish, quick to blow up/point fingers

2. A growing feeling of powerlessness in a 1 vs 9 game (vs 10 if you count Riot as an extra enemy for its continuous, increasingly irresponsible patching)

3. Riot’s continuous irresponsible release of new unfun-to-play-against hyper mobile, high outplay, high complexity, high obnoxiousness new champions

4. Terrible matchmaking and snowball mechanics which result in one-sided stomps one way or another at more than 50 percent rate (but that nevertheless require 20-30 mins or longer to play out)

5. Pervasive culture of ranked shaming (“oh you’re not good at the game unless you’re top 5-1 percent of the ranked ladder and devote your life to the game”)

Or (and this is more of a personal one)

6. The game’s overemphasis on Junglers, Jungle tracking, and objectives which creates frustrating 2 v 1 surprise scenarios if you don’t master the art of invisible jungle tracking

Yes. Also because of the stubborness of players to not FF because their favorite anime told them to never give up. Good thing Riot invented the Leave button.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Xeng He
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:50 am

I started playing Akali recently because of the Crime City skin, but it turns out I really enjoy playing her.

Once my shit starts working better again I might take her into norms.
Blazedtown wrote:[an ism is] A term used by people who won't admit their true beliefs, or don't have any.
[spoiler=Quotes]
Galloism: ...social media is basically cancer. I’d like to reiterate that social media is bringing the downfall of society in a lot of ways.
I'm Not Telling You It's Going to Be Easy, I'm Telling You It's Going to be Worth It.
Oh my god this comic

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:16 pm

Xeng He wrote:I started playing Akali recently because of the Crime City skin, but it turns out I really enjoy playing her.

I wish I was good at her.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Xeng He
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:09 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Xeng He wrote:I started playing Akali recently because of the Crime City skin, but it turns out I really enjoy playing her.

I wish I was good at her.

Sorry. :( We all have That One Champ. It's Irelia for me.
Blazedtown wrote:[an ism is] A term used by people who won't admit their true beliefs, or don't have any.
[spoiler=Quotes]
Galloism: ...social media is basically cancer. I’d like to reiterate that social media is bringing the downfall of society in a lot of ways.
I'm Not Telling You It's Going to Be Easy, I'm Telling You It's Going to be Worth It.
Oh my god this comic

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:06 pm

Got to try Vex. Simple, bursty, effective, and I love her personality.

I like her.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:14 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Got to try Vex. Simple, bursty, effective, and I love her personality.

I like her.

She's ok. But did they really have to give her a voice line where she uses the word "normies"? Riot trying too hard to be hip.

Latest Headlines

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:07 pm

Torisakia wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Got to try Vex. Simple, bursty, effective, and I love her personality.

I like her.

She's ok. But did they really have to give her a voice line where she uses the word "normies"? Riot trying too hard to be hip.

I mean, I think they peaked at "Trying too hard to be hip" with Seraphine, but that's just me.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:25 pm

We got the final trailer for Arcane and the official release date: November 6th.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:44 pm

I think there should be some events that pits teams comprised of regular players ("the common people," the average run-of-the-mill unranked/silver/bronze players) against teams comprised of Riot staff members, especially those on the balance team.

Presumably Riot could win most if not all of the games (unless they have low elo players in balance) but it will still be exciting to see the people trying to fight them. I mean we're not going to have boosters, Twitch streamers, or "low elo" platinums/golds or anything... no these are your regular Bills, Mindies, Jacks, and Toms who play semi-regularly, love the game, but have not devoted their lives to it.

Sure the common people could get slaughtered at these tourneys but when they do win at least a few times it will be hugely cathartic for the masses to watch. Even if you lose, I think there's a great deal of release in at least getting the opportunity to fight against these people who just seem to do whatever is in their power to either not listen, or make the game continually worse. And for good measure, trolling and flaming should be allowed for these games because I think there's a lot of anger towards these 200 year balance gods who keep adding new champs, new skins, shoving dragons and early game fiestas and snowball mechanics and never listen to the player base. My thoughts are: Since you won't do anything to police toxicity, you should be able to take it.

See if Riot were doing a good job balancing this game and acting like benevolent overlords, the masses would have cheered for them. But I'm pretty sure at this point, a lot more people have an interest in seeing the normies who "know nothing" win a few games, to the point where I suspect a few boosters might be interested in providing some free coaching. It could be a big, profitable event, if Riot is willing to expose themselves to this kind of combat, but I doubt it will happen.

I think I'd rather watch this sort of thing than the LCS.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:37 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Torisakia wrote:She's ok. But did they really have to give her a voice line where she uses the word "normies"? Riot trying too hard to be hip.

I mean, I think they peaked at "Trying too hard to be hip" with Seraphine, but that's just me.

I'm fine with her only because "Seraphine" is my grandmother's name (who I never got to meet because she died 20 years before I was born).

Latest Headlines

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:17 am

Last Champion Roadmap of the year. Apparently Vex is the last champ we get this year.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:58 am

Well, I learned something today. If you dodge enough lobbies, you get a 12 hour leavebuster. I've been playing for 8 years and I didn't know that.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:40 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Well, I learned something today. If you dodge enough lobbies, you get a 12 hour leavebuster. I've been playing for 8 years and I didn't know that.

Yikes.

Maybe not the best idea from Rito. People dodge cause matchmaking isn’t the greatest and there’s too many disfunctional comps and champs etc
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:51 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Well, I learned something today. If you dodge enough lobbies, you get a 12 hour leavebuster. I've been playing for 8 years and I didn't know that.

Yikes.

Maybe not the best idea from Rito. People dodge cause matchmaking isn’t the greatest and there’s too many disfunctional comps and champs etc

Yup.

1st dodge because I didn't want to fight Heim as a melee champ.
2nd dodge because I wasn't in the mood to get trolled by my bot lane, consisting of Kled and Zed.
And 3rd dodge because someone stole Vex.

And now I'm locked out until 5 PM.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:01 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
Yikes.

Yup.

2nd dodge because I wasn't in the mood to get trolled by my bot lane, consisting of Kled and Zed.

So awful.

You got any alcohol to hold out until then? :)

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:05 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Yup.

So awful.

No, but I've got a giant library of Steam games and a DVR full of stuff to catch up on. Guess now is as good a time as any.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:22 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
So awful.

No, but I've got a giant library of Steam games and a DVR full of stuff to catch up on. Guess now is as good a time as any.

And what are the chances that those games actually turned out to be more fun than the mess of the Rift?

Wouldn’t it be ironic if Riot shot themselves from future skin/RP revenues from you through this “sanction”?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:30 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:No, but I've got a giant library of Steam games and a DVR full of stuff to catch up on. Guess now is as good a time as any.

And what are the chances that those games actually turned out to be more fun than the mess of the Rift?

Wouldn’t it be ironic if Riot shot themselves from future skin/RP revenues from you through this “sanction”?

They don't get skin revenue from me anyway. I've never bought an actual skin in the game. All mine came through unlocks.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction