NATION

PASSWORD

League Of Legends Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Infected Mushroom
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35367
Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:32 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Does Nasus still work in this meta?

I think there’s something really pure about the gameplay of just focusing on waves, farming up/CS-Ing, and then splitting and taking towers

Anyone know how to play Spellbook Nasus? Why Spellbook?

I haven't really seen him in my low ass elo lately.


I’m mainly worried because I see so much Aatrox, Darius and Cho top now. I doubt Nasus is much fun into those match ups :(

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Post Czar
 
Posts: 49308
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:37 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I haven't really seen him in my low ass elo lately.


I’m mainly worried because I see so much Aatrox, Darius and Cho top now. I doubt Nasus is much fun into those match ups :(

Eh, it's Nasus. Just don't feed and get enough stacks and he's fine no matter who he fights.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
Necroghastia
Senator
 
Posts: 4245
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:27 pm

Tethys 13 wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I don't know who that voice actor is for Taliyah in LOR, but she don't sound even remotely like her.


Yes, they made visual changes as well, both of which they have announced they will be working on after the feedback. Hopefully they do not mean that in the same way as they did the Mundo rework, I.E. 'slightly change the hair'. The fact that they have apparently hired a new voice actress for the part (since the trailer, I mean) is encouraging.

I took that to mean the new VA is the new one going forward, since she's Pakistani and thus a better match for Taliyah's own ethnicity than the original VA, Erica Lindbeck.
Dunno if I'm a fan of the voice itself, but I can applaud why the change was made.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Post Czar
 
Posts: 49308
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:08 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Tethys 13 wrote:
Yes, they made visual changes as well, both of which they have announced they will be working on after the feedback. Hopefully they do not mean that in the same way as they did the Mundo rework, I.E. 'slightly change the hair'. The fact that they have apparently hired a new voice actress for the part (since the trailer, I mean) is encouraging.

I took that to mean the new VA is the new one going forward, since she's Pakistani and thus a better match for Taliyah's own ethnicity than the original VA, Erica Lindbeck.
Dunno if I'm a fan of the voice itself, but I can applaud why the change was made.

Applaud what? That they got a crappy replacement voice actor? I don't care if she's a "Better match", she don't sound anything like her. Believe it or not, I think being a VA should be based on your talent, not whether or not you match the character's ethnicity.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
Necroghastia
Senator
 
Posts: 4245
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:16 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:I took that to mean the new VA is the new one going forward, since she's Pakistani and thus a better match for Taliyah's own ethnicity than the original VA, Erica Lindbeck.
Dunno if I'm a fan of the voice itself, but I can applaud why the change was made.

Applaud what?

why the change was made
i even said im not really feeling the vo
or did you just see me give one bit of credit instead of just grr me angy and go after it like a 0/9 yasuo
That they got a crappy replacement voice actor? I don't care if she's a "Better match", she don't sound anything like her. Believe it or not, I think being a VA should be based on your talent,

i mean, the person they got has done some good work
she's done kayle's vo as well and that's pretty good
not whether or not you match the character's ethnicity.

porque no los dos
especially in this industry which has a bit of a problem about hiring white people to play people of color
(often not even with the va knowing, too)
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Post Czar
 
Posts: 49308
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:23 pm

Oh, spare me this Twitter bullshit. This replacement VA is ass. Not only does she not soundly remotely like Taliyah, she ain't even talking like her. They've basically turned her into Lux, but with rocks. And it's stupid.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
Necroghastia
Senator
 
Posts: 4245
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:26 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, spare me this Twitter bullshit.

oh yeah, you got me, totally won the "argument" there
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Post Czar
 
Posts: 49308
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:29 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, spare me this Twitter bullshit.

oh yeah, you got me, totally won the "argument" there

Hey, that's what it is. Someone on Twitter decided that was what offended them on a random day, so now perfectly good voice actor's are forced to quit voicing characters they've played for like, ever. But hey, at least the astoundingly mediocre replacements look like the character. Cause that's what's important apparently.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
Necroghastia
Senator
 
Posts: 4245
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:33 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:oh yeah, you got me, totally won the "argument" there

Hey, that's what it is. Someone on Twitter decided that was what offended them on a random day,

or, you know, people that actually think about the way the industry works decided hey maybe hiring white people to play poc is a lil weird when there's plenty of poc voice actors out there
so now perfectly good voice actor's are forced to quit voicing characters they've played for like, ever.

https://twitter.com/ericalindbeck/status/1364013683291037701
But hey, at least the astoundingly mediocre replacements look like the character. Cause that's what's important apparently.

one thing that is anyway
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Post Czar
 
Posts: 49308
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:37 pm

Necroghastia wrote:or, you know, people that actually think about the way the industry works decided hey maybe hiring white people to play poc is a lil weird when there's plenty of poc voice actors out there

I prefer a VA to be hired for their talent over their skin color. Wild concept, I know. But it's one I adhere to. But now that we're living in a world where Twitter decides what society thinks, I guess the actual talent portion is secondary now.


Yeah, cause there's no way she's actually pissed and just being smart enough to not vent on social media...

Necroghastia wrote:one thing that is anyway

Whatever, dude.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
Lazarian
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1228
Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lazarian » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:38 pm

.
Last edited by Lazarian on Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Necroghastia
Senator
 
Posts: 4245
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:43 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:or, you know, people that actually think about the way the industry works decided hey maybe hiring white people to play poc is a lil weird when there's plenty of poc voice actors out there

I prefer a VA to be hired for their talent over their skin color. Wild concept, I know. But it's one I adhere to. But now that we're living in a world where Twitter decides what society thinks, I guess the actual talent portion is secondary now.

again, the person who voices taliyah in LoR has delivered some great performances (since we're talking league, kayle is one of them)
again, i think the LoR taliyah vo is not that great
good, talented actors can still deliver off performances
the thoughts can coexist
also man you really gotta stop thinking it's all twitter lmao
sometimes... people have opinions... because they can think critically????

Yeah, cause there's no way she's actually pissed and just being smart enough to not vent on social media...

sure, that's possible
also possible she meant exactly what she said
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Post Czar
 
Posts: 49308
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:46 pm

Necroghastia wrote:again, the person who voices taliyah in LoR has delivered some great performances (since we're talking league, kayle is one of them)
again, i think the LoR taliyah vo is not that great
good, talented actors can still deliver off performances
the thoughts can coexist
also man you really gotta stop thinking it's all twitter lmao

It is all Twitter. It's always Goddamn Twitter.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
Necroghastia
Senator
 
Posts: 4245
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:46 pm

like if you're gonna criticize anyone for the vo you'd be better off going after whoever was directing
Ameriganastan wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:again, the person who voices taliyah in LoR has delivered some great performances (since we're talking league, kayle is one of them)
again, i think the LoR taliyah vo is not that great
good, talented actors can still deliver off performances
the thoughts can coexist
also man you really gotta stop thinking it's all twitter lmao

It is all Twitter. It's always Goddamn Twitter.

that all you have to say...? that one point...?
it really isn't, but whatever sinks your ship
Last edited by Necroghastia on Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Post Czar
 
Posts: 49308
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:49 pm

Necroghastia wrote:like if you're gonna criticize anyone for the vo you'd be better off going after whoever was directing

No, I think I'll go right after the VA. Cause she is a terrible replacement.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
Necroghastia
Senator
 
Posts: 4245
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:58 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:like if you're gonna criticize anyone for the vo you'd be better off going after whoever was directing

No, I think I'll go right after the VA. Cause she is a terrible replacement.

instead of the one who is in charge of casting, telling the actor what they are looking for in the performance, giving feedback on said performance, and ultimately OKing it
k
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Post Czar
 
Posts: 49308
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:02 pm

Oh, and while we're here, let's flip the script on your logic. You say it's not okay for a non-poc person to voice act a poc character. And yet you're praising this replacement VA, who I believe someone said was Palestinian, for previously voicing Kayle. Who is white as sour cream. So you tell me, why is that not an issue, hmm? Oh, wait. I know why. Because complaining about that doesn't get you likes on Twitter.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
Necroghastia
Senator
 
Posts: 4245
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:09 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, and while we're here, let's flip the script on your logic. You say it's not okay for a non-poc person to voice act a poc character. And yet you're praising this replacement VA, who I believe someone said was Palestinian,

pakistani
for previously voicing Kayle.

among other roles, just used that one because i knew you'd be familiar
Who is white as sour cream. So you tell me, why is that not an issue, hmm? Oh, wait. I know why.

bc i am capable of nuanced takes?
Because complaining about that doesn't get you likes on Twitter.

you're really focused on selling me as someone obsessed with a social media platform i barely look at let alone post on
Last edited by Necroghastia on Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Post Czar
 
Posts: 49308
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:13 pm

Necroghastia wrote:bc i am capable of nuanced takes?

Wow, what a fancy way to spell 'Hypocrisy'.


Necroghastia wrote:you're really focused on selling me as someone obsessed with a social media platform i barely look at let alone post on

Well, you're talking just like someone from there. So I'm treating you like them.

Frankly, I've wasted enough time on this. This replacement VA sucks, you know it, and now I'm going to watch some anime.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
Tethys 13
Diplomat
 
Posts: 904
Founded: Dec 05, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tethys 13 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:32 am

I am confused, are you complaining about the new voice actress you hear in the trailer, or the new new one they have since hired in response to complaints about said trailer, whom we will likely not hear the performance of for a while?
Last edited by Tethys 13 on Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Aquatic Librarian Knights of Tethys 13
Population: >25 Billion
Leaders: The Grand Council
We use Nationstates statistics, with some artistic license.

User avatar
Alvecia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19777
Founded: Aug 17, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alvecia » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:15 am

Tethys 13 wrote:I am confused, are you complaining about the new voice actress you hear in the trailer, or the new new one they have since hired in response to complaints about said trailer, whom we will likely not hear the performance of for a while?

Is it the case that they've hired a (new) new VA to redo the lines? Last I'd heard they'd just stated they intended to change the artwork, but keep the new VA.
Last edited by Alvecia on Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
British
Atheist
IT Support
That there is no exception to the rule "There is an exception to every rule" is the exception that proves the rule.
---
Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll stop asking you to catch his fish.
That's not happening
That shouldn't be happening
Why is that happening?
That's why it's happening?
How has this ever worked?

User avatar
Tethys 13
Diplomat
 
Posts: 904
Founded: Dec 05, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tethys 13 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:14 am

Alvecia wrote:
Tethys 13 wrote:I am confused, are you complaining about the new voice actress you hear in the trailer, or the new new one they have since hired in response to complaints about said trailer, whom we will likely not hear the performance of for a while?

Is it the case that they've hired a (new) new VA to redo the lines? Last I'd heard they'd just stated they intended to change the artwork, but keep the new VA.


I thought they had, but rewatching my source I realise I misinterpreted, my apologies.
The Aquatic Librarian Knights of Tethys 13
Population: >25 Billion
Leaders: The Grand Council
We use Nationstates statistics, with some artistic license.

User avatar
Alvecia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19777
Founded: Aug 17, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alvecia » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:24 am

Tethys 13 wrote:
Alvecia wrote:Is it the case that they've hired a (new) new VA to redo the lines? Last I'd heard they'd just stated they intended to change the artwork, but keep the new VA.


I thought they had, but rewatching my source I realise I misinterpreted, my apologies.

All good, was wondering if I'd misread as well.
British
Atheist
IT Support
That there is no exception to the rule "There is an exception to every rule" is the exception that proves the rule.
---
Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll stop asking you to catch his fish.
That's not happening
That shouldn't be happening
Why is that happening?
That's why it's happening?
How has this ever worked?

User avatar
Necroghastia
Senator
 
Posts: 4245
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:39 pm

that kindred art is soooo good
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Post Czar
 
Posts: 49308
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:20 pm

Got myself a decent haul of skins off this event pass.

Apocalyptic Brand
Pharaoh Amumu
Sea Hunter Aatrox
Constable Trundle
Battle Regalia Poppy
Star Guardian Ahri
Program Nami
Braum Lionheart
Demacia Vice Lucian
God Staff Jax.

My roster looking fresh to death.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads