NATION

PASSWORD

League Of Legends Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:30 am

I picked up a bunch of kills as Rengar then I tried to go for the Veigar.

Problem is... the minute I ult he just throws out his cage in anticipation of where I will flank from (a giant pink exclamation mark tells him where I am). I fell for this one time too many (got hit by a sudden cage... 1 shotted by his R). Lost the game.

Such a sad game... I feel really stupid now (could have mind-gamed him a bit better but still, the interaction is so dumb... I R, he Es as I'm about to jump... BOOM... trapped... Veigar R + W = lead thrown). Also... every single team fight... if I R... he's going to throw a cage to massively zone me out for the duration. Too much warning time.

See?

SEE?!!!!

This is why you pick Shaco for a job like this. No warnings for the enemy at all... doesn't have to wait until 6 to be able to do anything only to be out scaled.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doom Legions
Minister

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:56 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:I picked up a bunch of kills as Rengar then I tried to go for the Veigar.

Problem is... the minute I ult he just throws out his cage in anticipation of where I will flank from (a giant pink exclamation mark tells him where I am). I fell for this one time too many (got hit by a sudden cage... 1 shotted by his R). Lost the game.

Such a sad game... I feel really stupid now (could have mind-gamed him a bit better but still, the interaction is so dumb... I R, he Es as I'm about to jump... BOOM... trapped... Veigar R + W = lead thrown). Also... every single team fight... if I R... he's going to throw a cage to massively zone me out for the duration. Too much warning time.

See?

SEE?!!!!

This is why you pick Shaco for a job like this. No warnings for the enemy at all... doesn't have to wait until 6 to be able to do anything only to be out scaled.

Haha, yes that's a thing. What you should've done is try to bait his cage, wait 2 seconds for it to disappear and *then* engage. You should be able to insta-burst him. Unless you fed him so much he sneezes and your healthbar explodes.

Also if you do kill him, MOVE. A good Veigar always leaves behind an impending W, which deals tons of fucking damage and can easily kill you if you're not full HP.
Cum is stored in the brain, and I've got a headache.
Born2shit4ced2wipe
All of my friends are dead (:

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:16 pm

Doom Legions wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:I picked up a bunch of kills as Rengar then I tried to go for the Veigar.

See?

SEE?!!!!

Haha, yes that's a thing. What you should've done is try to bait his cage, wait 2 seconds for it to disappear and *then* engage. You should be able to insta-burst him. Unless you fed him so much he sneezes and your healthbar explodes.

Also if you do kill him, MOVE. A good Veigar always leaves behind an impending W, which deals tons of fucking damage and can easily kill you if you're not full HP.

Guess I should have built Edge of Night...

or pick a champion that goes invisible without (looking at you Rengar*) shouting out loud:

"I AM INVISIBLE ENNEMY TEAM! ... PREPARE YOURSELF! YOU WILL ALL DIE! ... I'M COMING TO KILL YOU! I'M COMING TO KILL YOU! I'M COM-"

*gets stuck by Veigar cage and instantly nuked....

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:12 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Doom Legions wrote:Haha, yes that's a thing. What you should've done is try to bait his cage, wait 2 seconds for it to disappear and *then* engage. You should be able to insta-burst him. Unless you fed him so much he sneezes and your healthbar explodes.

or pick a champion that goes invisible without (looking at you Rengar*) shouting out loud:

"I AM INVISIBLE ENNEMY TEAM! ... PREPARE YOURSELF! YOU WILL ALL DIE! ... I'M COMING TO KILL YOU! I'M COMING TO KILL YOU! I'M COM-"

Give Rengar a Zhonya's to prevent Ult nuke? I mean, AP RNGar is a thing.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:11 pm

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

I think it got nerfed as a viable build path.

Your Q, autos, and Es become absolutely horrendous if you go AP (massively diminishing your burst). Plus even if you go AP I would prefer Banshee's Veil (with the free spell shield) against Veigar.

I mess up Zhonyas timings all the time even though I mained Vladimir for a long time ;)

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:15 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Ruskland-Preuben wrote:

Your Q, autos, and Es become absolutely horrendous if you go AP (massively diminishing your burst). Plus even if you go AP I would prefer Banshee's Veil (with the free spell shield) against Veigar.

I mess up Zhonyas timings all the time even though I mained Vladimir for a long time ;)

Why don't you train your Zhonyas by using it a second after you land your Malph ult?
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:34 am

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Why don't you train your Zhonyas by using it a second after you land your Malph ult?

I pretty much only opt to build Zhonyas on Vladimir and Annie... on Vladimir I build it extremely late (I like to sit on the CDR component and get to Deathcap sooner).

You lose too much damage from building it compared to other AP options. I only build it when I feel I have no choice (ex Vladimir and Annie fight way too close to the front to not have it as a back up/juke tool). These days I even sometimes elect to have Vladimir only use the Pool and not even complete Zhonyas because Damage Damage Damage.

Its just that eh... the number of times when I'm Vladimir and I could have Zhonya-ed/Stopwatched and lived is quite embarrassing.

Even when playing against Zeds, I delay having to build it (if at all); religiously sticking to pure damage builds and trying to rely on match up knowledge and proper spacing to win. The damage loss from building Zhonyas is extremely noticeable on picks like Lux, Ziggs, Viktor etc.

On Malphite I like to go 100% full armor so that his E does as much damage as possible in team fights (while enjoying ridiculous tankiness). I usually don't go AP on him. Its just not my play style.

But yeah on Annie, I sometimes do the Flash R stun combo followed by Zhonyas when focused. Its a classic. These days though, I rarely play her because I feel like Vladimir does everything she does except better.

Doom Legions
Minister

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:59 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Ruskland-Preuben wrote:

I pretty much only opt to build Zhonyas on Vladimir and Annie... on Vladimir I build it extremely late (I like to sit on the CDR component and get to Deathcap sooner).

You lose too much damage from building it compared to other AP options. I only build it when I feel I have no choice (ex Vladimir and Annie fight way too close to the front to not have it as a back up/juke tool). These days I even sometimes elect to have Vladimir only use the Pool and not even complete Zhonyas because Damage Damage Damage.

Its just that eh... the number of times when I'm Vladimir and I could have Zhonya-ed/Stopwatched and lived is quite embarrassing.

Even when playing against Zeds, I delay having to build it (if at all); religiously sticking to pure damage builds and trying to rely on match up knowledge and proper spacing to win. The damage loss from building Zhonyas is extremely noticeable on picks like Lux, Ziggs, Viktor etc.

On Malphite I like to go 100% full armor so that his E does as much damage as possible in team fights (while enjoying ridiculous tankiness). I usually don't go AP on him. Its just not my play style.

But yeah on Annie, I sometimes do the Flash R stun combo followed by Zhonyas when focused. Its a classic. These days though, I rarely play her because I feel like Vladimir does everything she does except better.

Sure, building Zhonya's early means you'll deal less damage.
But when you're dead you deal *no* damage.
Consider that.
Cum is stored in the brain, and I've got a headache.
Born2shit4ced2wipe
All of my friends are dead (:

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:52 pm

Doom Legions wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Sure, building Zhonya's early means you'll deal less damage.
But when you're dead you deal *no* damage.
Consider that.

I don't find it very hard to not die to assassins while building pure offence.

The main problem is when they roam and start killing everyone else and then come back to face me. But then I just position even safer (its not fun but eh).

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:30 pm

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:55 pm

Now this is a real Power Rangers/Ultraman villain...

I can't wait

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:51 am

https://matchhistory.jp.leagueoflegends ... b=overview

Leblanc COULD NOT CARRY.

LEBLANC COULD NOT CARRY...

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:06 pm

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:53 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:...That is a lackluster rework. Looks kinda...eh.

LOL

ITS A DBZ VILLAIN

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:01 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:...That is a lackluster rework. Looks kinda...eh.

LOL

ITS A DBZ VILLAIN

Or as everyone else is calling him, Riven 2.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:50 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
LOL

ITS A DBZ VILLAIN

Or as everyone else is calling him, Riven 2.

Can it animation cancel though?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:12 pm

Banner Of Command is going bye-bye.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:31 pm

I'm on my way to having a second perma-banned account. In my defense, I shouldn't have to play with 12 year olds who have no clue how the game works. Just because I have no clue how the game works doesn't mean I should be on a team with similar.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:43 pm

Torisakia wrote:I'm on my way to having a second perma-banned account. In my defense, I shouldn't have to play with 12 year olds who have no clue how the game works. Just because I have no clue how the game works doesn't mean I should be on a team with similar.

Just imagine that you're a mob enforcer and that you know the FBI are on to your organisation.

Imagine everything (in the games) is wire-tapped or bugged. Would you want to talk if it might incriminate you?

Nope. Just focus on carrying out the Hits/Assassinations in the game for your Boss... but don't talk. They're On To You.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:30 am

Torisakia wrote:I'm on my way to having a second perma-banned account. In my defense, I shouldn't have to play with 12 year olds who have no clue how the game works. Just because I have no clue how the game works doesn't mean I should be on a team with similar.

Preaching to the choir man. I've lost 4 of them. Cause apparently telling sucky players how bad they suck makes YOU the bad guy.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:02 pm

I unboxed Karma. Had enough blue essence, so I unlocked her.

I love her already. Not as a support. I was dead weight as support. But she murders in mid lane.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:46 pm

First time playing reworked Swain. 19-1.

I freaking love this guy.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Kractero
Negotiator

Founded: May 08, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kractero » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:20 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

Preaching to the choir man. I've lost 4 of them. Cause apparently telling sucky players how bad they suck makes YOU the bad guy.

Yeah, it kinda does

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:55 pm

Vladimir ap ratios on E nerfed??????

@$($&);;)@@;:/)&@;/

This is a very sad day for Castlevania.

It’s time to switch over to Leblanc/Xerath (with Viktor as pocket pick) until they clean this one up.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Why is it every time I even think the words 'Winning streak' my next game is a clusterfuck? It never fails. I'll go on a roll, notice it, then either say or think "Hey, I'm on a winning streak". And shit goes FUBAR next game. Like this.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction