NATION

PASSWORD

League Of Legends Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:42 pm

Doom Legions wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Say hello to our newest champ, She-Venom!

...I mean, Kai'Sa.

So basically Kha but with ranged attacks.
Ugliest champion design in a while, too. She looks repulsive.

I get the feels that getting hugged by her suit would be kind of icky...

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:32 am

So how do you teach someone BRAND NEW how to play this game?

Where do they start????? What role? What champ?

Also... BOT GAMES or.... Norms (is it too demoralising)?

I'm trying to coach my cousin on how to play the game. He's only shown interest in playing Ziggs. However, he struggles against bots. He cannot CS, and when he Qs he will walk into the enemy as his bomb is flying (hence taking unnecessary damage from bots, and fatal damage from players). He cannot land any Rs and when he does land them... they don't do enough damage (probably because he's under-farmed).

Is Ziggs too hard for a beginner?

I've just realised how hard this game is for someone without prior experience.

Is Tryndamere a good beginner champ?

How would you go about coaching a completely new player?
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:29 am

I'd tell you to teach him Ziggs, but I don't want more brain dead players spamming Q and then bragging how they're carrying.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:06 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:So how do you teach someone BRAND NEW how to play this game?

I'm trying to coach my cousin on how to play the game. He's only shown interest in playing Ziggs. However, he struggles against bots. He cannot CS, and when he Qs he will walk into the enemy as his bomb is flying (hence taking unnecessary damage from bots, and fatal damage from players). He cannot land any Rs and when he does land them... they don't do enough damage (probably because he's under-farmed).

So basically he's never played a MOBA before.

I mean, there are plenty of mechanically simple champions out there (Tryn, Garen, etc.) but it takes a while for someone to figure out the entire game. I think that's why a lot of people talk so much shit about games like League and Dota. They're unable to get incredibly good at the game without having to dedicate a lot of time and practice to it.

That being said, start with bot games obviously. They're a lot more forgiving for mistakes. Tell him to try as many champions as he wants (at least to get the gist of what all of them do, and for him to pick one he enjoys and/or get the hang of it). Introduce him to some of the core mechanics like CSing and item builds to go along with it. If y'all jump right into norms he'll probably get absolutely dabbed on (which is, needless to say, frustrating as hell).
Last edited by Miekzhemy on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:58 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:So how do you teach someone BRAND NEW how to play this game?

Tell him to watch YouTube videos of League players playing. That’s how I did it.
Allowed me to immediately hit toplane as first lane, then jungle, then bot & supp, and finally, mid(still can’t play Ryze though, fxck).
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Doom Legions
Minister

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:19 pm

Don't you need to get to like lvl 5 through bot games before you can even enter a pvp match?

Either way, just play the game. Tell him to pick a champion he thinks looks appealing and just play, this game's really damn easy, considering it's geared towards 11 year olds and all that. You just need to get familiar with the controls and mechanics a bit and you're good to go.
Cum is stored in the brain, and I've got a headache.
Born2shit4ced2wipe
All of my friends are dead (:

Datlofff
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Datlofff » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:25 pm

TBH the pole is false, everyone knows the best ionian champ is Jax, well, everyone knows the best champ is jax, he's so damn good the only weapon they let him use is a fucking brass lantern. A BRASS LANTERN. and he still can 1v5 a entire enemy team if he gets fed even a little or gets aloud to free farm.
Im a slightly Authoritarian Moderate, I believe limited monarchies are the best systems of government, and that every 2016 presidential candidate was an idiot.
I personally feel that most people, in the act of trying to sound smart, often usually don't know what the fuck they are talking about.
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Datlofff
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Datlofff » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:27 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Doom Legions wrote:So basically Kha but with ranged attacks.

I get the feels that getting hugged by her suit would be kind of icky...

I feel like they should of make her more spooky and mutated looking, like she is from the fucking void after all
Im a slightly Authoritarian Moderate, I believe limited monarchies are the best systems of government, and that every 2016 presidential candidate was an idiot.
I personally feel that most people, in the act of trying to sound smart, often usually don't know what the fuck they are talking about.
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:31 pm

Datlofff wrote:TBH the pole is false, everyone knows the best ionian champ is Jax, well, everyone knows the best champ is jax, he's so damn good the only weapon they let him use is a fucking brass lantern. A BRASS LANTERN. and he still can 1v5 a entire enemy team if he gets fed even a little or gets aloud to free farm.

Well, Jax isn't Ionian anymore anyway. He's Icathian.

I should do a new poll. Been a dogs age since the last one.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:35 pm

And there it is. New poll: Best champ from 2016.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Kractero
Negotiator

Founded: May 08, 2011
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Kractero » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:47 pm

Doom Legions wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Say hello to our newest champ, She-Venom!

...I mean, Kai'Sa.

So basically Kha but with ranged attacks.

Don't really know about repulsive, there's no repulsive qualities about her as far as I can tell. Decently attractive.
Ameriganastan wrote:
Doom Legions wrote:So basically Kha but with ranged attacks.

For real. She's basically the lazy combination of Kill La Kill and the Project line.

You can honestly make a comparison of any champ to something else and call it a rip-off.

Anyways hit Plat again, woo hoo.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:50 pm

Speaking of Ms. Bland, her VO was released...and big shocker, it's as cardboard as the rest of her.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:31 pm

Hey guys, why do I feel a burst of dopamine every time I land shit as Ryze? Even if I’m 1/0/1-10.
How do you play Ryze on that note too.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:35 pm

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:Hey guys, why do I feel a burst of dopamine every time I land shit as Ryze? Even if I’m 1/0/1-10.

Cause landing his shit is a pain. Especially when you're trying to do his wave clear combo, and the fucking full health minion walks in front of the one you were aiming for.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:24 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Ruskland-Preuben wrote:Hey guys, why do I feel a burst of dopamine every time I land shit as Ryze? Even if I’m 1/0/1-10.

Cause landing his shit is a pain. Especially when you're trying to do his wave clear combo, and the fucking full health minion walks in front of the one you were aiming for.

Tfw you land things.

Doom Legions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:40 am

Speaking of champions from 2016, I haven't once seen an Ivern since his release. Did people just forget about him or is he just absolutely horrible?
Born2shit4ced2wipe

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:46 am

Doom Legions wrote:Speaking of champions from 2016, I haven't once seen an Ivern since his release. Did people just forget about him or is he just absolutely horrible?

Wouldn't know. Never tried him.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Datlofff
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Datlofff » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:58 am

Doom Legions wrote:Speaking of champions from 2016, I haven't once seen an Ivern since his release. Did people just forget about him or is he just absolutely horrible?

Hes barbadge, and his play style makes him even harder to master, very few can play him well, IMO they should be buffing him. Also buff the bruisers, they didn't even get a fucking keystone in the new rune system
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:15 am

Miekzhemy wrote:

I mean, there are plenty of mechanically simple champions out there (Tryn, Garen, etc.) but it takes a while for someone to figure out the entire game. I think that's why a lot of people talk so much shit about games like League and Dota. They're unable to get incredibly good at the game without having to dedicate a lot of time and practice to it.

That being said, start with bot games obviously. They're a lot more forgiving for mistakes. Tell him to try as many champions as he wants (at least to get the gist of what all of them do, and for him to pick one he enjoys and/or get the hang of it). Introduce him to some of the core mechanics like CSing and item builds to go along with it. If y'all jump right into norms he'll probably get absolutely dabbed on (which is, needless to say, frustrating as hell).

Trying to teach him made me realize just how complicated this game really is.

You need to match levels with other players to be “relevant”... this means CS mechanics, Safe Laning habits, matchup knowledge/exp (which requires hundreds of games).

You need to play this ”naval warfare” minimap game all the time (“who do you see? Who do you not see? What do they see? What do they not see? What do they Probably see/not see?). Without this hard wired... hard to rotate, split, group or push objectives well.

Aiming skill shots is a whole bag in itself.Not only the timing of the projectile speeds but also getting into people’s heads and getting a sense for how they will/might react or guessing what they are trying to do presently is pretty key to hitting stuff.

Jungle head games and tracking... (I still completely fail at this)

I mean... it sounds like so much...

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:46 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Miekzhemy wrote:

Trying to teach him made me realize just how complicated this game really is.

You need to match levels with other players to be “relevant”... this means CS mechanics, Safe Laning habits, matchup knowledge/exp (which requires hundreds of games).

You need to play this ”naval warfare” minimap game all the time (“who do you see? Who do you not see? What do they see? What do they not see? What do they Probably see/not see?). Without this hard wired... hard to rotate, split, group or push objectives well.

Aiming skill shots is a whole bag in itself.Not only the timing of the projectile speeds but also getting into people’s heads and getting a sense for how they will/might react or guessing what they are trying to do presently is pretty key to hitting stuff.

Jungle head games and tracking... (I still completely fail at this)

I mean... it sounds like so much...

You forgot factoring in the biggest part of that: "Do my TEAMMATES know all this stuff too?" :p

In all honestly, it's like riding a bike once you get the hang of it. I just wish people would simply pay attention to the minimap more. Being a jungle main most of the time, I've lately taken it upon myself to continuously ping where the enemy jungler is on the minimap all the time. If I see him on top side, I sneak into his bot side jungle and steal his camps. And occasionally, depending on if my teammates aren't tunnel visioned up the ass, it can prevent the opponents from pulling off successful ganks.

And if they screw up a gank, that's even more time, gold and xp wasted for them. Unfortunately I never end up getting ahead because there's always one person on my team that feeds his ass off and throws away the lead I got.
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:51 pm

Doom Legions wrote:

Don't you need to get to like lvl 5 through bot games before you can even enter a pvp match?

Either way, just play the game. Tell him to pick a champion he thinks looks appealing and just play, this game's really damn easy, considering it's geared towards 11 year olds and all that. You just need to get familiar with the controls and mechanics a bit and you're good to go.

He's level 10 now but still completely not ready for a real game. I feel like you can give his character 4 free kills and he still would struggle to have any actual battlefield impact.

OCE is also a very wacky server to train on around the night hours. There doesn't seem to be enough new accounts for him to play with and against. There's a lot of smurfing.

Kractero
Negotiator

Founded: May 08, 2011
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Kractero » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:42 pm

Doom Legions wrote:

Maybe the bronze and silver ranks are for 11 years old, unless you aren't grossly over-exaggerating.

Doom Legions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:04 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Doom Legions wrote:Don't you need to get to like lvl 5 through bot games before you can even enter a pvp match?

He's level 10 now but still completely not ready for a real game. I feel like you can give his character 4 free kills and he still would struggle to have any actual battlefield impact.

OCE is also a very wacky server to train on around the night hours. There doesn't seem to be enough new accounts for him to play with and against. There's a lot of smurfing.

The only real way to teach him is a trial by fire. Throw him in there and see if he makes it through. And if he dies, he dies.

Kractero wrote:
Doom Legions wrote:Don't you need to get to like lvl 5 through bot games before you can even enter a pvp match?

Maybe the bronze and silver ranks are for 11 years old, unless you aren't grossly over-exaggerating.

Anything under diamond. Especially if we consider attitudes. So many crybabies and morons playing it's practically suicide to play soloq
Born2shit4ced2wipe

Alvecia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 17, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Alvecia » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:42 pm

I've heard Annie is a good champ to learn the basics on

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:26 pm

Alvecia wrote:I've heard Annie is a good champ to learn the basics on

I actually disagree. Annie's short ass spell range can be murder for beginners.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction