NATION

PASSWORD

League Of Legends Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:21 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Kractero wrote:No mobility and no way to beat poke comps aside from Lux. A blitz shouldn't be able to hook people poking.

Assuming that Darius won his lane, he can split-push if the enemy does a 5 people together, poke spam tactic while the rest of the team plays safe and holds off. Even with 5 people they are unlikely to hard engage us because MF is with the team and we have tons of CC.

If Darius didn't win his lane, then we can try to fight 5 vs 5 with a focus on creating pick opportunities/engage opportunities with Darius' grab, Lux's binds, and Rammus' mobility + taunt. If anybody on their team gets caught they will die, the other 4 will either run away and lose one member... or run forward and then walk into an MF Ult blast.

A huge part of the strategy is to land MF's Ult while the rest of the team tries to catch people.

Problem arises when they engage on you, MF and Lux can get popped instantly due to the lack of peel/mobility and then you won't be able to kill anyone on the enemy team unless Darius is extremely fed.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:33 pm

Thomas Insaniac wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
Assuming that Darius won his lane, he can split-push if the enemy does a 5 people together, poke spam tactic while the rest of the team plays safe and holds off. Even with 5 people they are unlikely to hard engage us because MF is with the team and we have tons of CC.

If Darius didn't win his lane, then we can try to fight 5 vs 5 with a focus on creating pick opportunities/engage opportunities with Darius' grab, Lux's binds, and Rammus' mobility + taunt. If anybody on their team gets caught they will die, the other 4 will either run away and lose one member... or run forward and then walk into an MF Ult blast.

A huge part of the strategy is to land MF's Ult while the rest of the team tries to catch people.

Problem arises when they engage on you, MF and Lux can get popped instantly due to the lack of peel/mobility and then you won't be able to kill anyone on the enemy team unless Darius is extremely fed.

What's a good peel champ you recommend on the team?

I'm hoping Lux can bind targets that approach her and that she will at least be skilled enough not to let a mid lane assassin snowball (if they go with that).

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:34 pm

As expected, too many sword users for a "Coolest Sword" poll.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:35 pm

Thomas Insaniac wrote:
Kractero wrote:No mobility and no way to beat poke comps aside from Lux. A blitz shouldn't be able to hook people poking.

No clear engage either, Blitz is the only real engage other than running at them and he can only hook one person. Also Miss Fortune and Lux, the carrys, are going to be poking without any real disengage to back them up.

Swap Blitzcrank for Thresh/Leona and I think you can get a good engage comp. Swamp Blitz for Tahm Kench and Rammus for Lee Sin or Gragas and you have a good poke comp.

Also Darius players aren't real people, fuck that champ.

Honestly, I think Rammus late game is way more useful than Lee Sin. He has just such a potent combination of insane Tankiness and high mobility. Wouldn't he engage just as well as Lee? You could Powerball up to them from the side, Flash to close the final gap if necessary, and then taunt a key target.

Also, Blitz late game is BRUTAL. If he grabs any one target, that target is immediately dead and then you have 4 vs 5 which probably let you force objectives. Literally the entire enemy team has to play around Blitz, even if he NEVER even hits a single hook. His mere presence is enough of a threat much of the time.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:25 am

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:36 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Thomas Insaniac wrote:

I'm hoping Lux can bind targets that approach her and that she will at least be skilled enough not to let a mid lane assassin snowball (if they go with that).
Infected Mushroom wrote:
Thomas Insaniac wrote:
No clear engage either, Blitz is the only real engage other than running at them and he can only hook one person. Also Miss Fortune and Lux, the carrys, are going to be poking without any real disengage to back them up.

Swap Blitzcrank for Thresh/Leona and I think you can get a good engage comp. Swamp Blitz for Tahm Kench and Rammus for Lee Sin or Gragas and you have a good poke comp.

Also Darius players aren't real people, fuck that champ.

Honestly, I think Rammus late game is way more useful than Lee Sin. He has just such a potent combination of insane Tankiness and high mobility. Wouldn't he engage just as well as Lee? You could Powerball up to them from the side, Flash to close the final gap if necessary, and then taunt a key target.

Also, Blitz late game is BRUTAL. If he grabs any one target, that target is immediately dead and then you have 4 vs 5 which probably let you force objectives. Literally the entire enemy team has to play around Blitz, even if he NEVER even hits a single hook. His mere presence is enough of a threat much of the time.

You can't just rely on players not letting others snowball, doesn't really work like that.

Rammus is indeed a lot more useful than Lee lategame, but Lee has early game pressure that he can use to make your lanes win, Rammus can't really do much pre-6.

Stop thinking entirely about late game, right now the game is very snowbally. Blitz is not as strong in the mid-game, where games are currently decided.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:45 am

Thomas Insaniac wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Infected Mushroom wrote:

You can't just rely on players not letting others snowball, doesn't really work like that.

Rammus is indeed a lot more useful than Lee lategame, but Lee has early game pressure that he can use to make your lanes win, Rammus can't really do much pre-6.

Stop thinking entirely about late game, right now the game is very snowbally. Blitz is not as strong in the mid-game, where games are currently decided.

I don't know if its just because I'm at a very low elo but I find pre-6 Rammus to be a very violent and effective Ganker (especially against Mid). I rarely meet counter-Ganks and very often the other JG just AFK farms while I continuously Gank a target lane with repeated success.

I'm not sure all lanes can be counted not to collapse but I myself, am fairly well-practiced at creating a ''Draw'' in lane when outmatched. A bad lane for me is usually just a 0-2 in 10 minutes (most of the time, I can force a 0-0 with a bit less farm), nothing the team can't recover from.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:49 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Thomas Insaniac wrote:

I don't know if its just because I'm at a very low elo but I find pre-6 Rammus to be a very violent and effective Ganker (especially against Mid). I rarely meet counter-Ganks and very often the other JG just AFK farms while I continuously Gank a target lane with repeated success.

I'm not sure all lanes can be counted not to collapse but I myself, am fairly well-practiced at creating a ''Draw'' in lane when outmatched. A bad lane for me is usually just a 0-2 in 10 minutes (most of the time, I can force a 0-0 with a bit less farm), nothing the team can't recover from.

Well anything goes in low elo, I remember AFK farming with Nasus and 1vs5ing for most of S3, fun times.

The comp would get you pretty far, and if your players can play the champs well, it would work. It's just not the most optimal thing you can do.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:05 am

Thomas Insaniac wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Well anything goes in low elo, I remember AFK farming with Nasus and 1vs5ing for most of S3, fun times.

The comp would get you pretty far, and if your players can play the champs well, it would work. It's just not the most optimal thing you can do.

i see... what is your favourite team comp/champ line up?

you prefer Poke comps?
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:07 am

Finally. I am almost back in Silver. I find that playing with a party of similarly-ranked friends is a great way to climb now that they removed the match-making penalty for parties.

I also find that I can play more ''fun'' champs since all I have to do is force a draw in the lane when I'm having a bad time and do my job in team fights, assuming my reliable team mates win. Less pressure to ''carry'' games.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:09 am

Can Blue Ez go mid?

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:28 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:Can Blue Ez go mid?

Yes, you can.

Ameriganastan wrote:As expected, too many sword users for a "Coolest Sword" poll.

Best girl per region is clearly the solution.
Last edited by Grand Britannia on Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:17 pm

I feel like at this point I'm better off practicing Blue Ez in Mid for Normals. Why?

Because about half or more of the games the Support will do this pattern, its the CLASSIC Impatient Support Syndrome:

1. Pick some non-meta Supp like Shen or Aurelion

2. I start to CS... within MINUTES the Support will go all in... it either ends in them dying or me being forced to use Heal. I remind them that Blue Ez is really weak early and that my Qs can't hit past minions.

3. They do it again. BOOM... dead. I'm alone in lane, CS-ing.

4. They come back... and yes... they go all in again. Boom, they die again. I continue to CS.

5. At this point I warn them that if they keep at it, the enemy will build a whole economy around them. Usually by now, the enemy laners are 1 or 2 levels higher than us. I tell them to disengage.

6. They go all in... BOOM... (at this point I'm wondering what they are thinking... can't they tell that when they go in I BARELY have time to even launch one auto-attack in before they just explode? Also, isn't it obvious that by now the enemy duo doesn't even care that Ez exists and is instead just waiting for you to come back and do the suicidal cavalry charge again?)

7. Now they go roam. Within seconds, the bot tower is gone as I die for the first time or am forced to retreat from it.

Final Step: Blue Ezreal can have fun for the rest of the game doing nothing except throwing pointless Qs at long range just for damage stat ego-stroking.

Every 2nd or 3rd game, bot tower falls under 10 minutes. Under TEN MINUTES. Like how are you even supposed to play like this?
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lautrec-
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lautrec- » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:58 am

Ameriganastan wrote:As expected, too many sword users for a "Coolest Sword" poll.

Also nobody can compete with Leona's Zenith sword
Greek, social democrat, atheist.

Political compass

Economic Left/Right: -1.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.85

General description: In short, it's a human, FTL, space-faring civilization. Think of Halo's UNSC
RP population: About 500 million, spread throughout many space colonies. Some have more, some less
Civilization index: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p29724780

Hey Dark Souls players. Want to extinguish a bonfire? Get rid of a troublesome firekeeper? Don't hesitate to make the call. Me and my squad will take care of it in no time at the low price of a firekeeper soul.

Kractero
Negotiator

Founded: May 08, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kractero » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Can Blue Ez go mid?

Yes, you can.

Best girl per region is clearly the solution.

Janna is best League girl, she'll blow away the competition.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:24 pm

I hate April Fools...but damn, this login screen is boss. So is that fucking guitar.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:30 pm

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:55 am

Ameriganastan wrote:I hate April Fools...but damn, this login screen is boss. So is that fucking guitar.

I agree with your assessment completely.

The masks look SO STUPID. However, the music is next level.

Doom Legions
Minister

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:52 am

Ameriganastan wrote:I hate April Fools...but damn, this login screen is boss. So is that fucking guitar.

The games I played yesterday had nothing special about them. Does this crap only work when there's a Draven in the game or something?

Either way, this year's April Fools sucked. I wanted URF.
Cum is stored in the brain, and I've got a headache.
Born2shit4ced2wipe
All of my friends are dead (:

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:53 pm

Last edited by Ameriganastan on Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Kractero
Negotiator

Founded: May 08, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kractero » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:03 pm

he still looks as dumb, imao

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:09 pm

Now he looks like Kraven from the Underworld series. Definitely a bad vibe.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:28 am

3 games, 3 fucking games in a row, some stupid motherfucker in mid feeds Annie early, and the enemy team proceeds to snowball us. Fuck..
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Doom Legions
Minister

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:24 am

Ameriganastan wrote:3 games, 3 fucking games in a row, some stupid motherfucker in mid feeds Annie early, and the enemy team proceeds to snowball us. Fuck..

You got Annie mid against you 3 games in a row? I haven't seen an Annie mid in over a month xd
Cum is stored in the brain, and I've got a headache.
Born2shit4ced2wipe
All of my friends are dead (:

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:23 am

ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction