NATION

PASSWORD

League Of Legends Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:34 pm

It appears that Annie has also been targeted.

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en ... -direction

Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?

Riot doesn't like my favourite mid lane champions.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:40 pm

Sounds like they're making Tibbers less frustrating to control. I approve.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:18 pm

Tibbers IS pretty useless after summoning him unless its a teamfight and the enemy team suddenly likes cuddly bears.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:34 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:Tibbers IS pretty useless after summoning him unless its a teamfight and the enemy team suddenly likes cuddly bears.

Honestly, its not even a big deal and its certainly not worth losing early game damage from basic spells over it (she's already outranged and poked by most modern mid mages). Besides, Annie is a CLASSIC and shouldn't be messed around with.

Worst case scenario is they make her kit extremely cumbersome and awkward.

The only update I've ever liked was when they changed MF's Ult so that it scaled with AD (that actually made sense). Other than that, I've seldom approved of any of their reworks. This doesn't bode well.

Kractero
Negotiator

Founded: May 08, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kractero » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:38 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Grand Britannia wrote:Tibbers IS pretty useless after summoning him unless its a teamfight and the enemy team suddenly likes cuddly bears.

Honestly, its not even a big deal and its certainly not worth losing early game damage from basic spells over it (she's already outranged and poked by most modern mid mages). Besides, Annie is a CLASSIC and shouldn't be messed around with.

The only update I've ever liked was when they changed MF's Ult so that it scaled with AD (that actually made sense). Other than that, I've seldom approved of any of their reworks. This doesn't bode well.

A way to not keep the game stale.

I would love to say my decrease in activity is that I'm bored of the game but it's playing on a smurf with less than 1/3 of the champions and none of the skins I want that's making me hurt.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:42 pm

Lucian's Light Pistols edge out Pow-Pow and Fishbones by one vote. Also, super proud that Heimerdinger got 0 votes.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:49 pm

Kractero wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

A way to not keep the game stale.

I would love to say my decrease in activity is that I'm bored of the game but it's playing on a smurf with less than 1/3 of the champions and none of the skins I want that's making me hurt.

if they want to do that, they should release new champions... not mess with the Classics

Annie's kit is perfectly fine (and its entirely balanced with some tough match-ups, try playing her into an LB for example)

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:54 pm

They already messed with the classic with that Ashe update a while back. Garen update also notwithstanding.

To be fair Ashe was sort of boring to play, the update made her a little bit interesting. I'd be fine if Riot finds a way to make Tibbers more useful beyond burst damage and a walking sunfire cape. I know I've thought of OC champions with similar mechanics all from the fact that Tibbers has always been "eh" after that big burst, just to think of how something like him can be more interesting.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:57 pm

Even "classic" Champs need the occasional update.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:59 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:They already messed with the classic with that Ashe update a while back. Garen update also notwithstanding.

To be fair Ashe was sort of boring to play, the update made her a little bit interesting. I'd be fine if Riot finds a way to make Tibbers more useful beyond burst damage and a walking sunfire cape. I know I've thought of OC champions with similar mechanics all from the fact that Tibbers has always been "eh" after that big burst, just to think of how something like him can be more interesting.

Well my concern is that they do something very off-kilter with her (they even said that they will take away some damage from basic abilities and transfer it in some way to Tibbers) that playing Annie will no longer feel like playing Annie.

If its natural, then fine. But at this point I'm not really seeing the point of these reworks, if you think characters need to be rebalanced than by all means change the numbers a bit but this turning over the table for entire champs is getting me very nerve-wrecked.

What was Ashe like before?
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:01 pm

By the way, I've noticed that Jinx seems way more popular than Miss Fortune in both SoloQ and in Ranked substantially. Why is that? Is her attack speed that much better (I mean, wouldn't you rather have MF's Ult)?

I tried playing some Jinx but had a hard time getting used to the slightly shorter attack range of the minigun compared to MF's autos. It was also very distracting how one shot at the enemy is a string of bullets from the minigun (instead of a single projectile like Ashe's ice bolt or MF's bullets). For some reason I just found it very distracting. 0_0
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:12 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:By the way, I've noticed that Jinx seems way more popular than Miss Fortune in both SoloQ and in Ranked substantially. Why is that? Is her attack speed that much better (I mean, wouldn't you rather have MF's Ult)?

I tried playing some Jinx but had a hard time getting used to the slightly shorter attack range of the minigun compared to MF's autos. It was also very distracting how one shot at the enemy is a string of bullets from the minigun (instead of a single projectile like Ashe's ice bolt or MF's bullets). For some reason I just found it very distracting. 0_0

Once she gets attack speed, she's Kog'Maw on steroids.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:15 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Grand Britannia wrote:They already messed with the classic with that Ashe update a while back. Garen update also notwithstanding.

Well my concern is that they do something very off-kilter with her (they even said that they will take away some damage from basic abilities and transfer it in some way to Tibbers) that playing Annie will no longer feel like playing Annie.

If its natural, then fine. But at this point I'm not really seeing the point of these reworks, if you think characters need to be rebalanced than by all means change the numbers a bit but this turning over the table for entire champs is getting me very nerve-wrecked.

Q gave her a slow which could be toggled on and off at any time at the cost of mana.

W shot 8 arrows in a 70 degree cone, they each had a hitbox so it was possible to still miss. Scaled 100% with AD but had really low base damage.

E had the same vision mechanic, except it gave you extra gold on kills. First it was from 1 to 5 extra gold depending on rank, then switched to 3 at all ranks.

R is basically the same as it is now just with a few tweaks.

If you think this kit sounds boring it was even more so when you used her.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:38 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Q gave her a slow which could be toggled on and off at any time at the cost of mana.

W shot 8 arrows in a 70 degree cone, they each had a hitbox so it was possible to still miss. Scaled 100% with AD but had really low base damage.

E had the same vision mechanic, except it gave you extra gold on kills. First it was from 1 to 5 extra gold depending on rank, then switched to 3 at all ranks.

Don't forget the even more boring play style, Max E and farm forever.

"Classic" champs shouldn't even be a concept, I'm happy they are are updating Annie to be less 1-Dimensional.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:49 pm

Thomas Insaniac wrote:
Grand Britannia wrote:

"Classic" champs shouldn't even be a concept, I'm happy they are are updating Annie to be less 1-Dimensional.

If she is buffed, I have no complaint. But if the net effect is to make cumbersome or unwieldy to use, I will not be happy.

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:20 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Thomas Insaniac wrote:

If she is buffed, I have no complaint. But if the net effect is to make cumbersome or unwieldy to use, I will not be happy.

Annie is already extremely strong for how easy she is to play....making her more difficult to pull off but keeping the damage would be fine in my book.

Oslea
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 22, 2006
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Oslea » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:41 pm

Now, I know kills and champion damage don't guarantee wins, but...

That feel when you go 30/6/19 with 111k champ damage and still lose the game. Feels bad man.

Doom Legions
Minister

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:46 pm

Oslea wrote:Now, I know kills and champion damage don't guarantee wins, but...

That feel when you go 30/6/19 with 111k champ damage and still lose the game. Feels bad man.

Looking at your team comp, defeat was pretty much inevitable for you. Nidalee jungle is crap and is that a Soraka out of support role? Heresy.
Cum is stored in the brain, and I've got a headache.
Born2shit4ced2wipe
All of my friends are dead (:

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:52 pm

Thomas Insaniac wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Annie is already extremely strong for how easy she is to play....making her more difficult to pull off but keeping the damage would be fine in my book.

well the game needs some easy but relatively high reward champs right?

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:19 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Thomas Insaniac wrote:

well the game needs some easy but relatively high reward champs right?

Well, not necessarily. That's a matter of opinion though.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:24 pm

Thomas Insaniac wrote:
Grand Britannia wrote:

I forgot to mention one of the dumbest passives an ADC can have, a guaranteed crit ONLY if you didnt auto attack.

Only joy I got out of that was sudden Focus/Statik Shiv procs.
Last edited by Grand Britannia on Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:27 pm

Now here's a good team line up in my view.

Top: Darius
Mid: Lux
JG: Rammus
ADC: Miss Fortune
Supp: Blitzcrank

Any glaring weaknesses? I'm thinking of suggesting the line-up to my ranked army. We have people who can play all these champs decently.

Kractero
Negotiator

Founded: May 08, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kractero » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:44 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Now here's a good team line up in my view.

Any glaring weaknesses? I'm thinking of suggesting the line-up to my ranked army. We have people who can play all these champs decently.

No mobility and no way to beat poke comps aside from Lux. A blitz shouldn't be able to hook people poking.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:54 pm

Kractero wrote:

No mobility and no way to beat poke comps aside from Lux. A blitz shouldn't be able to hook people poking.

Assuming that Darius won his lane, he can split-push if the enemy does a 5 people together, poke spam tactic while the rest of the team plays safe and holds off. Even with 5 people they are unlikely to hard engage us because MF is with the team and we have tons of CC.

If Darius didn't win his lane, then we can try to fight 5 vs 5 with a focus on creating pick opportunities/engage opportunities with Darius' grab, Lux's binds, and Rammus' mobility + taunt. If anybody on their team gets caught they will die, the other 4 will either run away and lose one member... or run forward and then walk into an MF Ult blast.

A huge part of the strategy is to land MF's Ult while the rest of the team tries to catch people.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:19 pm

Kractero wrote:

No clear engage either, Blitz is the only real engage other than running at them and he can only hook one person. Also Miss Fortune and Lux, the carrys, are going to be poking without any real disengage to back them up.

Swap Blitzcrank for Thresh/Leona and I think you can get a good engage comp. Swamp Blitz for Tahm Kench and Rammus for Lee Sin or Gragas and you have a good poke comp.

Also Darius players aren't real people, fuck that champ.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction