NATION

PASSWORD

League Of Legends Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Sun May 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Amistrinal wrote:It Did lose the 15% bonus damage to champions, however, at max rank. So once it hits max, Less damage than it did before I believe.

Well, great. So much for playing Syndra anymore.

I don't think that was a big enough change to make a champion utterly garbage honestly. The ratio change should make up for it....

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun May 08, 2016 4:08 pm

Thomas Insaniac wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Well, great. So much for playing Syndra anymore.

I don't think that was a big enough change to make a champion utterly garbage honestly. The ratio change should make up for it....

I can tell you, it is. She hits like pre-rework Kama now.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Kractero
Negotiator

Founded: May 08, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kractero » Sun May 08, 2016 4:17 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Thomas Insaniac wrote:

I can tell you, it is. She hits like pre-rework Kama now.

She's only harder now.

Kinda like Braum and enchantment less boots.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun May 08, 2016 7:29 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:What website is most reliable for champion win rates?

I've heard rumours that Vladimir has become one of the three lowest win rates in the whole game since 6.9.

I am very excited about their tentative promise to increase Heal ratios for the empowered Qs for the next patch and for the damage from E mid game. It would help me so much if the damage numbers could go just SLIGHTLY up for each and every match...

His winrate does look pretty bad.

Yeah it REALLY sucks. Laning is do-able (but I can totally imagine it being unmanageable at higher eloes) but the team fights suck hard. It's like a 33% damage nerf. And that's with me blowing a ton of Hextech Belt actives just to land the empowered Qs.

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Mon May 09, 2016 6:11 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:

Yeah it REALLY sucks. Laning is do-able (but I can totally imagine it being unmanageable at higher eloes) but the team fights suck hard. It's like a 33% damage nerf. And that's with me blowing a ton of Hextech Belt actives just to land the empowered Qs.

His new kit is pretty aids at the moment in my opinion. I'm pretty sure Riot will be either buffing or nerfing the shit out of some of these updated mages within the next patch and/or when Taliyah gets released.

I feel like one of the reasons behind the mage update was to add some overly complex or strong passive mechanics to older champions with simple kits. They did similar things for Xin Zhao (wtf is with that third attack crit anyway why) and the juggernaut update. It's kinda obvious at this point that Riot has a hard-on for crazy champion kits.
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon May 09, 2016 6:05 pm

Miekzhemy wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

His new kit is pretty aids at the moment in my opinion. I'm pretty sure Riot will be either buffing or nerfing the shit out of some of these updated mages within the next patch and/or when Taliyah gets released.

I feel like one of the reasons behind the mage update was to add some overly complex or strong passive mechanics to older champions with simple kits. They did similar things for Xin Zhao (wtf is with that third attack crit anyway why) and the juggernaut update. It's kinda obvious at this point that Riot has a hard-on for crazy champion kits.

The old Vlad had a CRAZY mid to late game if you knew how to play him. He was essentially kiting machine that could fight like an ''ADC'' (except he was spell-based) except with CRAZY sustain, a relatively reliable escape (the pool), and AOE nuke capability (his Ult and the nature of his spells). His point-and-click spells were so reliable and yet so powerful that they could be spammed and be expected to hit with a consistently high DPS.

The only disadvantage was that like other ''ADCs,'' he couldn't START any fights, people had to decide to come within 600 range of him for some reason (of he had to go in once the hard engages had been launched).

New Vlad?

Now you've incredibly seriously problems because when you do go in, your Es can get wrecked by randomly appearing minion waves that block most of your damage and your enemies can see you charging up your Es. Also, most of the Qs you do manage to land not empowered and they nerfed the hell out of the basic Qs.

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Mon May 09, 2016 9:06 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Miekzhemy wrote:

The old Vlad had a CRAZY mid to late game if you knew how to play him. He was essentially kiting machine that could fight like an ''ADC'' (except he was spell-based) except with CRAZY sustain, a relatively reliable escape (the pool), and AOE nuke capability (his Ult and the nature of his spells). His point-and-click spells were so reliable and yet so powerful that they could be spammed and be expected to hit with a consistently high DPS.

The only disadvantage was that like other ''ADCs,'' he couldn't START any fights, people had to decide to come within 600 range of him for some reason (of he had to go in once the hard engages had been launched).

New Vlad?

Now you've incredibly seriously problems because when you do go in, your Es can get wrecked by randomly appearing minion waves that block most of your damage and your enemies can see you charging up your Es. Also, most of the Qs you do manage to land not empowered and they nerfed the hell out of the basic Qs.

His jungle run still works though LOL :rofl:

But honestly, I'd suggest picking up another champion until Riot decides to buff Vlad's new kit. Have you tried/seen new Cass yet? Shit's crazy.
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon May 09, 2016 10:25 pm

Miekzhemy wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

New Vlad?

His jungle run still works though LOL :rofl:

But honestly, I'd suggest picking up another champion until Riot decides to buff Vlad's new kit. Have you tried/seen new Cass yet? Shit's crazy.

She never gets picked in my games for whatever reason. The one I've been seeing a lot is the new Malzahar. I heard he's really overpowered but I have not really experienced his power (since as Vlad, I just turn it into a farm lane).

I heard that they want to buff Cass as well?

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon May 09, 2016 10:26 pm

Vlad in the jungle?

You mean build full Tank and try to hit enemies with your E for Ganks?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon May 09, 2016 11:44 pm

You know, I've found losses annoy me less when I'm voice chatting with some friends. Weird.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue May 10, 2016 1:55 am

Trist is finally getting an update to her alternate skin splashes, so they match her updated model. Goodbye, outdated Riot Girl and Firefighter art.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Tue May 10, 2016 6:09 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:Vlad in the jungle?

You mean build full Tank and try to hit enemies with your E for Ganks?

I think my friend built him with runic echoes and ap items with health, kinda like old Vlad. The jungle clears work but idk about the ganks. He never ganked that game so yeah.

I didn't really complain because I spent the last 2 games that day with him playing Tristana jungle. :p

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Tue May 10, 2016 9:45 am

These poll winners made me throw up in my mouth a little.
Unreachable.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue May 10, 2016 1:16 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:These poll winners made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Hey, that's how the polls went.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue May 10, 2016 8:55 pm

Fiora is fucking garbage.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Tue May 10, 2016 9:27 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Fiora is fucking garbage.

Please be joking. Who was she up against in your game?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue May 10, 2016 9:52 pm

Miekzhemy wrote:

Warwick.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Tue May 10, 2016 10:43 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Miekzhemy wrote:

Warwick.

In the lane? wtf no one plays Warwick top anymore this ain't season 2

There's no possible way she could lose against him early game. Though if Warwick gets good farm and items into late game he can be a damn beast, no pun intended.

Fiora, ironically enough, is good against most of the scumbags that like to pick champs like Riven, Renekton, Aatrox, and sometimes Darius. Tanky people like Nautilus and Garen will mop the floor with her though.
Last edited by Miekzhemy on Tue May 10, 2016 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue May 10, 2016 10:53 pm

Miekzhemy wrote:In the lane? wtf no one plays Warwick top anymore this ain't season 2

There's no possible way she could lose against him early game.

Well, I apparently stumbled onto the possibility of it happening. She is crap.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Doom Legions
Minister

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Tue May 10, 2016 11:59 pm

Oh come on, you lost badly as a Fiora? Damn son..
Cum is stored in the brain, and I've got a headache.
Born2shit4ced2wipe
All of my friends are dead (:

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed May 11, 2016 12:00 am

TO HELL WITH BRAND!

Oh GOD I hate Brand.

How's it fair for him to take more than 50% of your health from landing one combo?

Stupid AOE pit of fire... I dodged two of them and tried to farm, he aims a third one... BOOM, BOOM... a few seconds later... FLASH BOOM Ignite (you have been slain)

Most anti-fun thing ever...

for the rest of the game I hug my tower as he continues to bombard and zone my character. We tried to Gank and 2 vs 1 him... guess what? He Ults and turns both of us into charcoal...
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Wed May 11, 2016 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Doom Legions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Wed May 11, 2016 12:02 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:TO HELL WITH BRAND!

Oh GOD I hate Brand.

How's it fair for him to take more than 50% of your health from landing one combo?

Stupid AOE pit of fire... I dodged two of them and tried to farm, he aims a third one... BOOM, BOOM... a few seconds later... FLASH BOOM Ignite (you have been slain)

for the rest of the game I hug my tower as he continues to bombard and zone my character.

You think losing 50% of your HP from one combo is bad? There are plenty of champs that can take all of your health in one combo. *cough* Veigar *cough*
Born2shit4ced2wipe

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed May 11, 2016 12:02 am

Doom Legions wrote:

Oh come on, you lost badly as a Fiora? Damn son..

Oh, shut up.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed May 11, 2016 12:06 am

Doom Legions wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:TO HELL WITH BRAND!

Oh GOD I hate Brand.

for the rest of the game I hug my tower as he continues to bombard and zone my character.

You think losing 50% of your HP from one combo is bad? There are plenty of champs that can take all of your health in one combo. *cough* Veigar *cough*

Veigar seems a lot more fair because the cage just seems a lot easier to avoid and outplay.

I'll even take Lux or Ahri any day. At least you just have to avoid that one bind or Charm which isn't nearly so bad. Brand on the other hand? He just spams his AOE Death Pit of Cheapness over and over and then chains it with all sorts of crap. If he only lands a part of the combo, you still lose a ridiculous amount of health (and if he lands most of it, well you're probably dead and you can forget about having any fun for the rest of the game)

Brand puts me on massive tilt. Yasuo is annoying too, because the minute you decide to ''interact'' with him the only ''interaction'' is going to be him unexpectedly dashing through a wave of minions, slicing you, hitting 1 tornado he shouldn't have hit... Ignite... BOOM (you have been slain)... all the while yelling trollish things like ''HASA-GAY!...'' ''FACE THE WIND!''

I mean COME ON...

Doom Legions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Wed May 11, 2016 12:16 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Doom Legions wrote:You think losing 50% of your HP from one combo is bad? There are plenty of champs that can take all of your health in one combo. *cough* Veigar *cough*

Veigar seems a lot more fair because the cage just seems a lot easier to avoid and outplay.

I'll even take Lux or Ahri any day. At least you just have to avoid that one bind or Charm which isn't nearly so bad. Brand on the other hand? He just spams his AOE Death Pit of Cheapness over and over and then chains it with all sorts of crap. If he only lands a part of the combo, you still lose a ridiculous amount of health (and if he lands most of it, well you're probably dead and you can forget about having any fun for the rest of the game)

Brand puts me on massive tilt. Yasuo is annoying too, because the minute you decide to ''interact'' with him the only ''interaction'' is going to be him unexpectedly dashing through a wave of minions, slicing you, hitting 1 tornado he shouldn't have hit... Ignite... BOOM (you have been slain)... all the while yelling trollish things like ''HASA-GAY!...'' ''FACE THE WIND!''

I mean COME ON...

There are cheaper champs. Annie for example, she just ults you, wich stuns you, then she stuns you again, and then you're dead.
And if you buy boots, like any decent played would, you can dodge his AOE, though it's not always as easy. Brand is a pretty dangerous champion to engage, but he can be 1v1'd if you're alone, no allies and no minions nearby, because of the way Brand's ult works. If there's nothing to bounce to, it just hits you once, dealing about 300 dmg and then it's over. Then you can eliminate him quite easily, as Brand has pretty high cooldowns, especially early on.
Born2shit4ced2wipe

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction