NATION

PASSWORD

League Of Legends Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Doom Legions
Minister

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Thu May 05, 2016 8:20 am

Miekzhemy wrote:Boot enchantments are gone too HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

muh movment spod

Yeah, noticed that too.
i cri errytiem, I actually liked those.
Cum is stored in the brain, and I've got a headache.
Born2shit4ced2wipe
All of my friends are dead (:

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu May 05, 2016 11:48 am

I've never bought boots, so it doesn't impact me.

Also, Red Riding Annie wins.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Geisenfried
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 02, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Geisenfried » Thu May 05, 2016 1:20 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:I've never bought boots, so it doesn't impact me.

Well, that explains a fair bit.
The Royal Federation of Geisenfried / der Königsbund von Geisenfried
Proper demonym: Geisen

- Two-time quarterfinalist, six-time qualifier, and former host (XXXII) of the NationStates Football World Cup

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu May 05, 2016 1:21 pm

Geisenfried wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I've never bought boots, so it doesn't impact me.

Well, that explains a fair bit.

What explains what?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Geisenfried
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Geisenfried » Thu May 05, 2016 1:55 pm

There's a reason boots are considered fundamental purchases. The slower you move the less you can chase, the less you can escape, the less you can dodge skillshots, the more time it takes you to return to lane and the more experience you lose from not being at waves, the longer it takes to go through the jungle and help gank lanes if you're not laning, the longer it takes you to rotate means you give up objectives. Movespeed is not the end-all be-all stat, but it's crucially important.

That you do not understand that shows why you do not understand the game very well.

That said, at least you have a champ for yourself now in Cassiopeia.

- Two-time quarterfinalist, six-time qualifier, and former host (XXXII) of the NationStates Football World Cup

Doom Legions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Thu May 05, 2016 2:13 pm

Geisenfried wrote:There's a reason boots are considered fundamental purchases. The slower you move the less you can chase, the less you can escape, the less you can dodge skillshots, the more time it takes you to return to lane and the more experience you lose from not being at waves, the longer it takes to go through the jungle and help gank lanes if you're not laning, the longer it takes you to rotate means you give up objectives. Movespeed is not the end-all be-all stat, but it's crucially important.

That you do not understand that shows why you do not understand the game very well.

Don't bother, I already tried explaining that to him. He doesn't want to listen.
Born2shit4ced2wipe

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu May 05, 2016 2:24 pm

Geisenfried wrote:There's a reason boots are considered fundamental purchases. The slower you move the less you can chase, the less you can escape, the less you can dodge skillshots, the more time it takes you to return to lane and the more experience you lose from not being at waves, the longer it takes to go through the jungle and help gank lanes if you're not laning, the longer it takes you to rotate means you give up objectives. Movespeed is not the end-all be-all stat, but it's crucially important.

I've been playing this game for like, 3 years. I understand it perfectly. So back off.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Geisenfried
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Geisenfried » Thu May 05, 2016 2:29 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

I've been playing this game for like, 3 years. I understand it perfectly. So back off.

Stubborn ignorance is ignorance still.

Doom Legions wrote:Don't bother, I already tried explaining that to him. He doesn't want to listen.

*shrug*

Might as well say it for the people on this thread who might be newer to the game, lest they think he actually knows what he's doing.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu May 05, 2016 2:36 pm

Geisenfried wrote:

Doom Legions wrote:Don't bother, I already tried explaining that to him. He doesn't want to listen.

*shrug*

Might as well say it for the people on this thread who might be newer to the game, lest they think he actually knows what he's doing.

I DO know what I'm doing. You don't go 5-0 without knowing what you're doing. Oh, and look.. No boots.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Doom Legions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Thu May 05, 2016 3:01 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Geisenfried wrote:

*shrug*

I DO know what I'm doing. You don't go 5-0 without knowing what you're doing. Oh, and look.. No boots.

Judging by the stats of your opponents, you could've easily gone 10-0, they all seem to have played beyond horrible.
Born2shit4ced2wipe

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu May 05, 2016 3:19 pm

Doom Legions wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I DO know what I'm doing. You don't go 5-0 without knowing what you're doing. Oh, and look.. No boots.

Judging by the stats of your opponents, you could've easily gone 10-0, they all seem to have played beyond horrible.

That's on Jhin and Shaco. At least 4 of those assists I got were supposed to be kills, but they jacked the last hit.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Geisenfried
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Geisenfried » Thu May 05, 2016 3:24 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:I DO know what I'm doing. You don't go 5-0 without knowing what you're doing. Oh, and look.. No boots.

lol

One game makes you a master, huh? Even a broken clock shows the right time twice a day and all that.

I'm sure the fact that every pro, Challenger and Master player who's not trolling (or playing new Cass) buys boots is entirely coincidental.

EDIT: Also, the fact that you're bottom of the barrel Bronze 5 and have like a 35% win ratio, despite having '3 years in the game'. Maybe it's a sign.
Last edited by Geisenfried on Thu May 05, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kractero
Negotiator

Founded: May 08, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kractero » Thu May 05, 2016 3:41 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

I've played five years and build boots.

Geisenfried
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Geisenfried » Thu May 05, 2016 3:45 pm

On things that aren't ragging on Ameriganastan for being objectively bad at the game, it's always nice when you manage to claw back from a massive deficit with excellent teamfighting.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu May 05, 2016 3:51 pm

Geisenfried wrote:On things that aren't ragging on Ameriganastan for being objectively bad at the game, it's always nice when you manage to claw back from a massive deficit with excellent teamfighting.

I AM NOT BAD AT THIS GAME!
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Doom Legions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Thu May 05, 2016 3:54 pm

Geisenfried wrote:On things that aren't ragging on Ameriganastan for being objectively bad at the game, it's always nice when you manage to claw back from a massive deficit with excellent teamfighting.

Indeed, played a game as Braum(who definetly doesn't suck) Support today and we won our lane quite nicely but all others were not doing so well, but we managed to win by taking the barons whenever we could.
Also because I protected my team with my powerful mustache. :3
Born2shit4ced2wipe

Geisenfried
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Geisenfried » Thu May 05, 2016 4:57 pm

I'm also really starting to like Cleanse as a spell against aggressive laners in mid, especially if I'm playing a more control/artillery mage type - I keep getting people to dive me thinking ignite will finish me off only to instantly purge it and subsequently turn things around. Also nice getting rid of things like exhaust and CC, since QSS, even before the nerfs, wasn't really a worthwhile item for mages.

Doom Legions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Thu May 05, 2016 5:00 pm

Geisenfried wrote:I'm also really starting to like Cleanse as a spell against aggressive laners in mid, especially if I'm playing a more control/artillery mage type - I keep getting people to dive me thinking ignite will finish me off only to instantly purge it and subsequently turn things around. Also nice getting rid of things like exhaust and CC, since QSS, even before the nerfs, wasn't really a worthwhile item for mages.

Cleanse is nice, but for some reason doesn't work against Malzahar's ult anymore, laned against one this afternoon, so I was like, "Ay, Malzahar, gotta take something against that ult" But when he ulted me I couldn't use cleanse T.T

Also, his new passive is such BS.
Born2shit4ced2wipe

Geisenfried
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Geisenfried » Thu May 05, 2016 5:05 pm

Doom Legions wrote:
Geisenfried wrote:I'm also really starting to like Cleanse as a spell against aggressive laners in mid, especially if I'm playing a more control/artillery mage type - I keep getting people to dive me thinking ignite will finish me off only to instantly purge it and subsequently turn things around. Also nice getting rid of things like exhaust and CC, since QSS, even before the nerfs, wasn't really a worthwhile item for mages.

Cleanse is nice, but for some reason doesn't work against Malzahar's ult anymore, laned against one this afternoon, so I was like, "Ay, Malzahar, gotta take something against that ult" But when he ulted me I couldn't use cleanse T.T

Doesn't negate suppressions, sadly.

And yeah, agreed. I'm not terribly against the CC-negation, because it makes him not useless trying to get his ult off against certain compositions, but the massive damage reduction is pure bollocks.

Doom Legions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Thu May 05, 2016 5:08 pm

Geisenfried wrote:
Doom Legions wrote:Cleanse is nice, but for some reason doesn't work against Malzahar's ult anymore, laned against one this afternoon, so I was like, "Ay, Malzahar, gotta take something against that ult" But when he ulted me I couldn't use cleanse T.T

And yeah, agreed. I'm not terribly against the CC-negation, because it makes him not useless trying to get his ult off against certain compositions, but the massive damage reduction is pure bollocks.

It makes him completely immune against ambushes from single players, can barely 1v1 the sucker.
Born2shit4ced2wipe

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu May 05, 2016 5:12 pm

Lore update hitting Shurima. Curious about what Amumu will get. Maybe we'll get concrete backstory on him.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Thu May 05, 2016 6:32 pm

Geisenfried wrote:
Doom Legions wrote:Cleanse is nice, but for some reason doesn't work against Malzahar's ult anymore, laned against one this afternoon, so I was like, "Ay, Malzahar, gotta take something against that ult" But when he ulted me I couldn't use cleanse T.T

Cleanse never worked on Malzahar (and Warwick) suppressions, QSS was and still is the only thing that deals with Malzahar's ulti.

I haven't played in a while so I don't know how OP Malzahar is on this patch, but he's pretty cancer from what I hear.

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Thu May 05, 2016 6:35 pm

Doom Legions wrote:
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
That's odd. They used to dodge mine.

Then again... I missed like 7 updates before I started playing again last weekend so I wouldn't be surprised if they fixed that then. :P

In a 27 minute game against them I missed one skillshot, and that was when my targets where only just in range and they moved aside in the last second. Their reaction time is very slow, I think that's the main reason here.

digging this up but,

the bots are really stupid yeah but they play on zero ping.

Most of the time they don't "notice" the skillshot, idk how to word it, but when they "notice" it they react pretty much instantly and can dodge really well. That goes for them landing spells too. I remember seeing a video where Fiddlesticks bot feared a Rengar while Rengar was ult-jumping him.

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Thu May 05, 2016 6:36 pm

Thomas Insaniac wrote:
Doom Legions wrote:In a 27 minute game against them I missed one skillshot, and that was when my targets where only just in range and they moved aside in the last second. Their reaction time is very slow, I think that's the main reason here.

digging this up but,

the bots are really stupid yeah but they play on zero ping.

Most of the time they don't "notice" the skillshot, idk how to word it, but when they "notice" it they react pretty much instantly and can dodge really well. That goes for them landing spells too. I remember seeing a video where Fiddlesticks bot feared a Rengar while Rengar was ult-jumping him.

Oh, yeah, that'd explain it.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu May 05, 2016 7:25 pm

Got to try Lee Sin on ARAM. Not a fan. He's good and all, but he's so...boring.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction