NATION

PASSWORD

BattleBots Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:25 pm

Rakdai wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Stow it. Any other bot does the crabwalk, they get counted out. But of course there was no count for Witch Doctor.

Skorpios got to crabwalk. Lock-Jaw and Lucky (last season) were stuck in a corner for over a minute and they weren't counted out.

I grant you that it’s inconsistent.

Rakdai
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rakdai » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:28 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Rakdai wrote:Jesus fucking Christ. You turn every fucking fight into a shit show afterwards and you hate on the judge that clearly made the right decision and just so happens to be the same gender as the team captain of said team.

There is a reason why I usually do live discussions with fellow bot builders.

I've been watching this show for a while, chachi. If it's a split decision and one of the drivers is a woman, Lisa always picks them.

Been watching since the Las Vegas pay-for-view. Controversial decisions have always been a thing, and everyone claims gender and shit have something to do with it, but in this case it was the right call.

Also, one of said bot builders (Hypershock) said that the show was edited, Witch Doctor was 1 second from being counted out. With that level of movement, the countdown would likely be restarted, and there wasn't enough time for that.
Bad days.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:30 pm

Just shoot me now...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Rakdai
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rakdai » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:31 pm

Literally both Witch Doctor fights in one hit.
Bad days.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:34 pm

Who did I piss off in a previous life to get this? Minotaur goes out in the quarters, Bitch Doctor in the finals and Tombstone got one-shotted.

This is my Battlebots Hell.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Rakdai
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rakdai » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:36 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Who did I piss off in a previous life to get this? Minotaur goes out in the quarters, Bitch Doctor in the finals and Tombstone got one-shotted.

This is my Battlebots Hell.

Hell has some great fights, idk what you think.
Bad days.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:36 pm

Poor Tombstone.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:59 pm

Thank you sweet, merciful God...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Rakdai
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rakdai » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:00 pm

Bite Force too OP, please nerf.
Bad days.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:02 pm

Man, I thought I didn’t have to deal with the Patriots in my other sport...

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:02 pm

Rakdai wrote:Bite Force too OP, please nerf.

That's what happens when Witch Doctor runs into a real bot with no judge favoritism to bail them out. Going home like it always does: A loser.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Rakdai
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rakdai » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:02 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Thank you sweet, merciful God...

Was really worried for Bite Force, Witch Doctor was playing it very smart. But one shot with the srimech up, and the motors went.
Bad days.

Rakdai
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rakdai » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:04 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

That's what happens when Witch Doctor runs into a real bot with no judge favoritism to bail them out. Going home like it always does: A loser.

Tombstone, Gigabyte, and Whiplash are not real bots?
Bad days.

Rakdai
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rakdai » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:05 pm

Kohr wrote:Man, I thought I didn’t have to deal with the Patriots in my other sport...

Captain Shrederator has been out forever, wdym
/s
Bad days.

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:07 pm

Rakdai wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:That's what happens when Witch Doctor runs into a real bot with no judge favoritism to bail them out. Going home like it always does: A loser.

Tombstone, Gigabyte, and Whiplash are not real bots?

They need to have a 1 minute match that has every full body spinner to see who lasts the longest.
Last edited by The Galactic Liberal Democracy on Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:10 pm

Sad to see my favorite bot lose the championship but proud to see them come this far!
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:11 pm

Necroghastia wrote:Sad to see my favorite bot lose the championship but proud to see them come this far!

You need a better favorite.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:12 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:Sad to see my favorite bot lose the championship but proud to see them come this far!

You need a better favorite.

Witch Doctor may have been number two in the battle of blows, but it's definitely number one in the battle of style.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:15 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:You need a better favorite.

Witch Doctor may have been number two in the battle of blows, but it's definitely number one in the battle of style.

If you say so...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:16 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

Witch doctor was actually good in the finals. They were shit first year though and still not deserving the next season.

Anyways, how about we say which robots shouldn't ever come back.
1. Captain Shrederator: it's just embarrassing at this point
2. Bombshell: more "fan" (judge) popularity with a lot of luck
3. Blacksmith: their design is obsolete yet the keep on coming back- more bias

Minotaur and Bronco didn't do their greatest. Are they over or was it just a bad season?
Tombstone's flight reminded me of t-wrecks or whatever that thing was.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:20 pm

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:

For real. The thing is 1-8 over the last 3 seasons. It always knocks itself out to boot. Thing is a joke.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:21 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:You need a better favorite.

Speaking of style, it was fun to watch harmless projectiles, useless drones, and ineffective flames but I think those things are over. The giant robots were still cool this time around (except for mammoth).
NOT STORMTROOPERS

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:24 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

For real. The thing is 1-8 over the last 3 seasons. It always knocks itself out to boot. Thing is a joke.

If something can take one hit from Shrederator, it's already won. They keep on bringing back old and really designs. Lots of new people did good this year and there must be others who deserve a chance more. Trying the same thing again and again won't bring results.
NOT STORMTROOPERS

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:29 pm

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:If something can take one hit from Shrederator, it's already won. They keep on bringing back old and really designs. Lots of new people did good this year and there must be others who deserve a chance more. Trying the same thing again and again won't bring results.

It's just evolution. Full body spinners were awesome in the clunky bot Comedy Central days when they could take hits. But that was then, and this is now.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:38 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:That's what happens when Witch Doctor runs into a real bot with no judge favoritism to bail them out. Going home like it always does: A loser.

Witch doctor was actually good in the finals. They were shit first year though and still not deserving the next season.

2. Bombshell: more "fan" (judge) popularity with a lot of luck
3. Blacksmith: their design is obsolete yet the keep on coming back- more bias

Minotaur and Bronco didn't do their greatest. Are they over or was it just a bad season?
Tombstone's flight reminded me of t-wrecks or whatever that thing was.

My personal least favorite robots are the middle of the road vertical spinners that don't have original designs and aren't successful enough to justify their own existence... but I recognize that I'm probably alone there.

I don't know what the future of the Captain is, but it's clear that it can't come back the way it is now. Bronco also needs to find a way to increase its resiliency. Bombshell is just a bot with a weird track record. I'd like to see them back just because of that unpredictability. I disagree about Blacksmith. Al Kindle knows the hammer won't knock bots out and is mostly a way to make the bot entertaining. I think of them as a machine similar to Duck- built to take hits. And it works. They won three fights this year (I also thought they should have gotten the nod against Sawblaze).

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction