NATION

PASSWORD

BattleBots Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:46 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Is he ever gonna learn to stop getting stuck in the saw slots? I remember he did that last season fighting Endgame.

drinking and driving should apply to robot handling as well
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Rakdai
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rakdai » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:53 pm

Crysuko wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Is he ever gonna learn to stop getting stuck in the saw slots? I remember he did that last season fighting Endgame.

drinking and driving should apply to robot handling as well

Ah yes, because it is poor driving to drive around in the arena, and it is also poor driving to have low forks that help the bot win.
Bad days.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:57 pm

Farouq kinda phoned in the intros tonight...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:58 pm

Wow Minatour just wrecked Hydra.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:58 pm

...Well that was quick.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Rakdai
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rakdai » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:59 pm

Hypedra is gone.
Bad days.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:05 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:...Well that was quick.

Yeah Minatour was fucking surgical in how it took down Hydra. Some impressive driving that was.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Rakdai wrote:Hypedra is gone.

More like Overhypedra, amiright?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:52 pm

Rakdai wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Blacksmith, can you ever do anything right?

What is with your hateboner with Witch Doctor? It's a great bot, and you continue your irrational hatred toward it.

I missed this.

Witch Doctor is not great. It's one of the most overhyped bots not named Hypershock. They always throw weak ass opponents like Captain Shredderator or Blacksmith at it so it makes the tourney. And then every time, they get their teeth kicked in by real competition.

Ko'd by Red Devil, Minotaur, Yeti. Literally every loss it's had since the reboot launched is by KO. It's an overrated piece of crap, and I can't wait for Sawblaze to rip it apart.

And on a more petty note, I find the entirety of team Witch Doctor incredibly annoying. Like a bunch of cosplay rejects.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:07 pm

Missed the first airing, but caught the 11:00 showing. I’m the guy who roots against spinners, so I’m pretty upset about Hydra (though I definitely saw it coming) and will need to root for Sawblaze now. The top 8 is looking like a familiar cast of characters, leaving Death Roll as the biggest surprise story of the year. They honestly could take it all.

I was encouraged by the “join Battlebots” segment. This show still seems to be thriving, and I couldn’t be happier.

Rakdai
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rakdai » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:52 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Rakdai wrote:What is with your hateboner with Witch Doctor? It's a great bot, and you continue your irrational hatred toward it.

I missed this.

Witch Doctor is not great. It's one of the most overhyped bots not named Hypershock. They always throw weak ass opponents like Captain Shredderator or Blacksmith at it so it makes the tourney. And then every time, they get their teeth kicked in by real competition.

Ko'd by Red Devil, Minotaur, Yeti. Literally every loss it's had since the reboot launched is by KO. It's an overrated piece of crap, and I can't wait for Sawblaze to rip it apart.

And on a more petty note, I find the entirety of team Witch Doctor incredibly annoying. Like a bunch of cosplay rejects.

A couple of these points I agree with, but I heavily disagree with some.

First off, I agree with you that I don't like the costumes, but they were part of the reason they were picked for S6. They could probably get rid of them, but I can ignore them.

Witch Doctor in S7 was overrated, it got a shitty win against Rotator and got the number 3 seed. But, you could argue that Tombstone was overseeded that season, as it got a shitty win against Black Ice and came out with the number 1 seed. Both of these are above the reigning champ, and I found that kinda bs.

I won't say that Witch Doctor in S8 was overrated, but the producers definitely gave them weak opponents after that first loss. But this is something I have to explain to a lot of people: IT IS NOT A TEAM'S FAULT FOR GETTING A POOR STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE. And at the end of it all, it ended up with a low seed, perfectly fine.

However, I will wholly disagree that this Witch Doctor is overrated or had a poor strength of schedule. It got a close win against the best hammer which unfortunately had weapon issues throughout the fight night rounds, and then it got a weaker opponent, which was totally reasonable. It beat Shrederator easily, and was given the undefeated Whiplash, where it won pretty soundly, and then it got the most dominant KO this season against the best shell. So yeah, it deserved the 2nd seed.
Bad days.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:09 am

Rakdai wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I missed this.

A couple of these points I agree with, but I heavily disagree with some.

First off, I agree with you that I don't like the costumes, but they were part of the reason they were picked for S6. They could probably get rid of them, but I can ignore them.

Witch Doctor in S7 was overrated, it got a shitty win against Rotator and got the number 3 seed. But, you could argue that Tombstone was overseeded that season, as it got a shitty win against Black Ice and came out with the number 1 seed. Both of these are above the reigning champ, and I found that kinda bs.

I won't say that Witch Doctor in S8 was overrated, but the producers definitely gave them weak opponents after that first loss. But this is something I have to explain to a lot of people: IT IS NOT A TEAM'S FAULT FOR GETTING A POOR STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE. And at the end of it all, it ended up with a low seed, perfectly fine.

However, I will wholly disagree that this Witch Doctor is overrated or had a poor strength of schedule. It got a close win against the best hammer which unfortunately had weapon issues throughout the fight night rounds, and then it got a weaker opponent, which was totally reasonable. It beat Shrederator easily, and was given the undefeated Whiplash, where it won pretty soundly, and then it got the most dominant KO this season against the best shell. So yeah, it deserved the 2nd seed.

He’s never going to agree with you.

The Democratic Nation of Unovia
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Nation of Unovia » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:26 pm

Anyone gonna take a guess at the next fights before we see it next Friday?
Minister of Operations of New World Union! TG me for Regional Information!
As a Map Maker, I help many Regions Current Region assisting: NextGen Roleplay.
If you want my assistance with Real World Maps, please TG me.
Loyal to New World Union

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:38 pm

The Democratic Nation of Unovia wrote:Anyone gonna take a guess at the next fights before we see it next Friday?

Okay, for my final bracket, I'll take Bite Force, Whiplash, Witch Doctor, and Minotaur in the quarters. Then I'll say Bite Force and Witch Doctor advance to the championship, and to take it all I'll predict Witch Doctor (partially because of my early-season hunch that Bite Force won't repeat this year).
Season: 84-31

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:01 pm

Kohr wrote:
The Democratic Nation of Unovia wrote:Anyone gonna take a guess at the next fights before we see it next Friday?

Okay, for my final bracket, I'll take Bite Force, Whiplash, Witch Doctor, and Minotaur in the quarters. Then I'll say Bite Force and Witch Doctor advance to the championship, and to take it all I'll predict Witch Doctor (partially because of my early-season hunch that Bite Force won't repeat this year).

Witch Doctor win the championship. I needed a good laugh today. Thanks.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:26 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Kohr wrote:Okay, for my final bracket, I'll take Bite Force, Whiplash, Witch Doctor, and Minotaur in the quarters. Then I'll say Bite Force and Witch Doctor advance to the championship, and to take it all I'll predict Witch Doctor (partially because of my early-season hunch that Bite Force won't repeat this year).

Witch Doctor win the championship. I needed a good laugh today. Thanks.

I'm glad to have helped out.

The Hoenn Region
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoenn Region » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:49 am

Bite force, tombstone, sawblaze and death roll in the first round, death roll and tombstone in the final, then probably tombstone winning. Bit of an unorthodox bracket but idk how well bite force takes hits, it tends to avoid them altogether with its ground clearance. Witch doctor is looking immense after the switch in weapon motors but idk if it can get under sawblaze. Need to see what plans whiplash has in store for for tombstone too. Exciting times!
Any guesses yourself?

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:09 am

OK, so I've been on holiday all week and have just caught up now. Quick reaction to each fight.

Great fight between Sawblaze and SOW. It went exactly how I'd predicted it, though I'm surprised Sawblaze went with the heavier weapon. I'm glad they did though - it's nice to see a big spinner defeated because it took damage from another primary weapon, and not its own.

Bite Force does what Bite Force does. Not the most difficult opponent, but that's what you get for being undefeated in 12 fights.

Death Roll is ridiculous. Their weapon isn't the most powerful, but it spins up fast and that allows them to make so many hits and just control the fight. They did to Yeti what Bite Force was unable to do.

Tombstone with a well-deserved easy win after being put against bricks all season. Quantum must be feeling unlucky about whatever weird physics caused them to be flipped by a horizontal.

I'm biased because HUGE is my favourite robot, but I think they won that (3 damage points and 1 aggression point). Weird how the commentators never pointed out that HUGE broke Whiplash's primary weapon with one of the first hits. Usually that's something that they notice...

Comfortable victory for Witch Doctor. I thought they might struggle with the forks Blacksmith had, but clearly having their weapon out in front of the robot is paying dividends.

Finally my bracket is broken. I'm not presuming to know more than bot-builders, but I expected Black Dragon to use their wedgelets. As soon as I saw they had the scoop on, I knew they were going to lose.

As I suspected, Hydra loses easily as soon as it is put against a decent weapon. They've had an easy ride all season, against robots that have ground clearance or non-damaging weapons. Hydra is a great robot, but I'm glad this hype-train has come to an end.
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

The Hoenn Region
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoenn Region » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:14 pm

Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:Finally my bracket is broken. I'm not presuming to know more than bot-builders, but I expected Black Dragon to use their wedgelets. As soon as I saw they had the scoop on, I knew they were going to lose.

As I suspected, Hydra loses easily as soon as it is put against a decent weapon. They've had an easy ride all season, against robots that have ground clearance or non-damaging weapons. Hydra is a great robot, but I'm glad this hype-train has come to an end.

Yeah I was also surprised to see the full wedge. The way minotaur brought the hypedra train to an end in 3 hits was hilarious. I still think bronco is the better flipper as it can take decent punishment from spinners.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:19 pm

Can't wait for Bitch Doctor to get its punk ass sent home.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:11 pm

And thus ends a disappointing season for Minotaur...goddamn it.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:24 pm

Whiplash: Our front panels aren’t going to fall off this time.

The front panels proceed to fall off even quicker than last time...

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:24 pm

My boy Tombstone doing his thing. Go home, Whiplash. Punk.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Rakdai
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rakdai » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:45 pm

SawBlaze is absolutely fucked up.
Bad days.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:45 pm

SawBlaze, you dumb motherfucker...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction