NATION

PASSWORD

BattleBots Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:51 am

The Hoenn Region wrote:Whiplash/sow is my favourite fight of the season so far, the driving from Matt when one shield came off and he was able to feed them the other one. Here's hoping witch doctor gets a main event soon so it can prove itself.

Yeah, Matt is a good driver. A point I wish they'd stop repeating 20 times an episode when Whiplash is around.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:02 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
The Hoenn Region wrote:Whiplash/sow is my favourite fight of the season so far, the driving from Matt when one shield came off and he was able to feed them the other one. Here's hoping witch doctor gets a main event soon so it can prove itself.

Yeah, Matt is a good driver. A point I wish they'd stop repeating 20 times an episode when Whiplash is around.

You could make a drinking game out of all the things they've been repeating this season. Vasquez is a good driver, teams need to consider the desperado tournament, Billings is the king of kinetic energy, Witch Doctor is a fan favorite, etc.

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:20 pm

I really want to see Mammoth Vs HUGE. What a ridiculous fight that would be :P
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

Union of Sovereign States and Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Sovereign States and Republics » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:21 pm

Thank god this thread exists.

Anyone catch the episode on Friday?
Current IC Year: 2031
The Union of Sovereign States and Republics; USSR
In 1991, a plane carrying would-be conspirators of an armed coup crashed in the Crimean Peninsula. Without the coup, the Union of Sovereign States treaty was signed; and the USSR survived... Lore currently undergoing a rework.
Current Ruling Party: Second Forward Coalition (NPSU, Motherland, Agrarian League)
News: BREAKING NEWS: Unceremoniously, USSR officially departs from the European Union 2 years before schedule

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:54 pm

Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:I really want to see Mammoth Vs HUGE. What a ridiculous fight that would be :P

I wouldn't put it past the fight card team to have scheduled that, honestly.
Union of Sovereign States and Republics wrote:Thank god this thread exists.

Yeah, most of us have, I believe. What did you think?
Last edited by Kohr on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Hoenn Region
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoenn Region » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:52 am

Kohr wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote: :!:

You could make a drinking game out of all the things they've been repeating this season. Vasquez is a good driver, teams need to consider the desperado tournament, Billings is the king of kinetic energy, Witch Doctor is a fan favorite, etc.

Good god, rip liver :lol2:
I'll try and spot more next episode.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Sovereign States and Republics » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:55 pm

Kohr wrote:
Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:I really want to see Mammoth Vs HUGE. What a ridiculous fight that would be :P

I wouldn't put it past the fight card team to have scheduled that, honestly.
Union of Sovereign States and Republics wrote:Thank god this thread exists.

The Kraken vs. Blacksmith game was probably the best in the episode. I really wanted Kraken to win, but I guess you can't get everything you want.

Tombstone vs. Lockjaw was also awesome, especially because Tombstone won. He's easily been my favorite since 2016. What did you think?
In 1991, a plane carrying would-be conspirators of an armed coup crashed in the Crimean Peninsula. Without the coup, the Union of Sovereign States treaty was signed; and the USSR survived... Lore currently undergoing a rework.
Current Ruling Party: Second Forward Coalition (NPSU, Motherland, Agrarian League)
News: BREAKING NEWS: Unceremoniously, USSR officially departs from the European Union 2 years before schedule

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:08 pm

Union of Sovereign States and Republics wrote:
Kohr wrote:I wouldn't put it past the fight card team to have scheduled that, honestly.

The Kraken vs. Blacksmith game was probably the best in the episode. I really wanted Kraken to win, but I guess you can't get everything you want.

Tombstone vs. Lockjaw was also awesome, especially because Tombstone won. He's easily been my favorite since 2016. What did you think?

Are you an episode behind? Kraken and Blacksmith fought during episode 4, not 5. Regardless, all the episodes have been good fun with a lot of variety in the way matches play out and fights are won. The only things that are missing so far are, well, some of the robots. Bronco will obviously show up eventually, but I've been looking forward to the multi-shot Double Jeopardy and puncher Tantrum for a while and hope they're on a fight card soon.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Sovereign States and Republics » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:11 am

Kohr wrote:
Union of Sovereign States and Republics wrote:The Kraken vs. Blacksmith game was probably the best in the episode. I really wanted Kraken to win, but I guess you can't get everything you want.

Are you an episode behind? Kraken and Blacksmith fought during episode 4, not 5. Regardless, all the episodes have been good fun with a lot of variety in the way matches play out and fights are won. The only things that are missing so far are, well, some of the robots. Bronco will obviously show up eventually, but I've been looking forward to the multi-shot Double Jeopardy and puncher Tantrum for a while and hope they're on a fight card soon.

That's the episode I was talking about in that post. The day before that post Kraken and Blacksmith fought, or my internal clock messed me up.

I'm getting ready for Double Jeopardy too, not so sure about Tantrum.

The Hoenn Region
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoenn Region » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:31 am

Union of Sovereign States and Republics wrote:
Kohr wrote:Are you an episode behind? Kraken and Blacksmith fought during episode 4, not 5. Regardless, all the episodes have been good fun with a lot of variety in the way matches play out and fights are won. The only things that are missing so far are, well, some of the robots. Bronco will obviously show up eventually, but I've been looking forward to the multi-shot Double Jeopardy and puncher Tantrum for a while and hope they're on a fight card soon.

That's the episode I was talking about in that post. The day before that post Kraken and Blacksmith fought, or my internal clock messed me up.

I'm getting ready for Double Jeopardy too, not so sure about Tantrum.

Interested to see how tantrum's moving spinner works, don't think I've seen a design like it.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:27 pm

Super excited for the main event, the one major matchup that has never quite managed to happen. My picks are Bite Force, Hydra, Skorpios, Valkyrie, Yeti, Copperhead, Monsoon, and Marvin (I think that if Petunia won this fight, it would have been good enough for the main fight card...).
Season Record: 28-10

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:09 pm

WAR Hawk out there coming apart like a Lego toy.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:35 pm

Ragnarok goes down in no time again. Fat boy should have stayed on Monsoon.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:39 pm

Ugh. 2-0 Hypershock. This blows.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Typical Bronco. Big hype, no delivery.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Super good undercard (minus Ragnarok) only slightly dampened by the fact that Bronco got 0 flips.

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:40 pm

War Hawk got split in half by a flipper... how did that thing luck into the top 16 last year?
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:44 pm

Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:War Hawk got split in half by a flipper... how did that thing luck into the top 16 last year?

I mean look at the easy card he had last season. Axe Backwards, Overhaul, Free Shipping. And he did nothing in that 3 way fight. Just let End Game do all the work, then flipped him before he turned around.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:24 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:War Hawk got split in half by a flipper... how did that thing luck into the top 16 last year?

I mean look at the easy card he had last season. Axe Backwards, Overhaul, Free Shipping. And he did nothing in that 3 way fight. Just let End Game do all the work, then flipped him before he turned around.

^^^
And their one loss was to Brutus.
Last edited by Kohr on Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rakdai
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rakdai » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:01 pm

When the new version of WAR Hawk was built, it used a specific part (I forget the name, some sort of vibration dampener) as the primary part holding the pieces together. A few other teams use them, such as Whiplash and Mad Catter. The problem with these parts is that there can be bad batches, so this is the primary reason why WAR Hawk split apart.

Source: I am friends with one of the team members.
Bad days.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:20 pm

Tombstone, Quantum, Cobalt (technically, this one is a rematch), Tantrum (finally!), Lock-Jaw, SawBlaze, Rain Gun, and Ribbot.
Season Record: 36-11

The Hoenn Region
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoenn Region » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:47 am

Rakdai wrote:When the new version of WAR Hawk was built, it used a specific part (I forget the name, some sort of vibration dampener) as the primary part holding the pieces together. A few other teams use them, such as Whiplash and Mad Catter. The problem with these parts is that there can be bad batches, so this is the primary reason why WAR Hawk split apart.

Source: I am friends with one of the team members.

Oh dear, chinesium strikes again.

Rotator(its wedge was solid against icewave last year), Deathroll(Quantum could win at any moment but it'll have a harder time using its weapon), Cobalt, Gemini, Lock jaw, Saw blaze, rail gun max, and Ribbot.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:50 pm

The Hoenn Region wrote:Oh dear, chinesium strikes again.

You figure they'd have learned after the Gigabyte incident last season.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:23 pm

Bombshell doing what they do best: Losing.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Rakdai
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rakdai » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:30 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
The Hoenn Region wrote:Oh dear, chinesium strikes again.

You figure they'd have learned after the Gigabyte incident last season.

Except it wasn't the same part or the same company.
Bad days.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction