NATION

PASSWORD

BattleBots Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:17 pm

Kohr wrote:
Evil Lord Bane wrote: I agree with all but the last two. Valkyrie really has potential...

I agree that Valkyrie has potential, but I haven't seen it dialed in yet. I think it's a bit overhyped when all it's done is lose to Ultimo, break its spinner against Hypothermia, and beat up Bale Spear on the Science Channel.

You forgot about Lockjaw breaking its blade with its ass.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:18 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Kohr wrote:I agree that Valkyrie has potential, but I haven't seen it dialed in yet. I think it's a bit overhyped when all it's done is lose to Ultimo, break its spinner against Hypothermia, and beat up Bale Spear on the Science Channel.

You forgot about Lockjaw breaking its blade with its ass.

Ah yes, of course.

Evil Lord Bane
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Evil Lord Bane » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:41 am

I agree Valkyrie has a brittle spinner. We've seen this design before in Robot Wars, and it didn't do so well there. Still, I like it vs the Dev, which seams to have a weakness against spinners.
Please note: The scoring in this years Deathrace has been changed. Please click here for the updated scoring chart.
We've improved on the Toxic Death Clouds that hangs above our whole nation. They are now radioactive as well!
Top 3 most read factbook entries:
Popular Deathsports - Carmageddon and Auto Dueling.
Vehicular Weaponization: Do's and Don't's.
Outzones and How to Survive Them.
Disclaimer: The name comes from the game Warlords, and has nothing to do with any DC comic book characters.
Try our new, improved Soylent Green, now with 20% more girls!

Ozzy
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Ozzy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:57 am

Kohr wrote:End Game outplays Son of Whyachi

That is going to be a very tough match.

I want to see SOW beat End Game, but its match with Poison Arrow just replays in my mind.
Last edited by IM Meen on Wed May 15, 1996 1:29 pm, edited 756 times in total.

Long live the Global Liberation Army!
Leader of NS Hoofington Reapers

In this world we stand for what we love, for what is right and for our rights. If you don't stand for either one of these you don't stand at all. You're crippled mentally. Your rights give you your life, that life gives you the right to stand for what is right for the world and one of those rights in the world is standing strong for those you love and what you love as a whole.

Evil Lord Bane
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Evil Lord Bane » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:10 pm

I was right on every prediction but one so far. I guess it was Brutus's turn to find a creative way to loose, even when it's winning.
Last edited by Evil Lord Bane on Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please note: The scoring in this years Deathrace has been changed. Please click here for the updated scoring chart.
We've improved on the Toxic Death Clouds that hangs above our whole nation. They are now radioactive as well!
Disclaimer: The name comes from the game Warlords, and has nothing to do with any DC comic book characters.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:20 pm

My predictions went pretty badly this time, huh? I was right about one thing though: this episode was one of the best, if not the best, of the season! I especially loved the Brutus-Gigabyte fight, and when Bite Force blasted Bombshell out of the arena, I confess to screaming.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:18 pm

Brutus got so screwed. Poor bot had that fight won til he got flipped.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Ozzy
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Ozzy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:48 pm

Kohr wrote:My predictions went pretty badly this time, huh? I was right about one thing though: this episode was one of the best, if not the best, of the season! I especially loved the Brutus-Gigabyte fight, and when Bite Force blasted Bombshell out of the arena, I confess to screaming.

Yeah, I guess that is why it wasn't the main event, too anticlimactic.

A shame, I had my hopes up for Bombshell, but Bite Force is just a quality machine.
Last edited by IM Meen on Wed May 15, 1996 1:29 pm, edited 756 times in total.

Long live the Global Liberation Army!
Leader of NS Hoofington Reapers

In this world we stand for what we love, for what is right and for our rights. If you don't stand for either one of these you don't stand at all. You're crippled mentally. Your rights give you your life, that life gives you the right to stand for what is right for the world and one of those rights in the world is standing strong for those you love and what you love as a whole.

The Hoenn Region
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoenn Region » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:58 am

Ameriganastan wrote:Brutus got so screwed. Poor bot had that fight won til he got flipped.

I know, they finally had the weapon spinning too. Great fight all the same.

Evil Lord Bane
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Evil Lord Bane » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:20 am

The Hoenn Region wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Brutus got so screwed. Poor bot had that fight won til he got flipped.

I know, they finally had the weapon spinning too. Great fight all the same.

The weapon on Brutus was deliberately shut off in the first part of the match. This was done to prevent it from taking damage. Once Gigabite stopped spinning, Brutus activated it's weapon and went to work. It was a good strategy, that is up until that one fatal mistake it made that cost them the match.

The main event was a borefest. Between Blacksmiths better armor, and Minotaur turning it's weapon down, it was not the exciting bout we saw between those two back in 2015. Quite the opposite.

While the outcome of the Bite Force vs. Bombshell match was easily predictable, I did not foresee the match going the way it did, over so quickly, with a ring out. Bite Force had the match won on the very first hit, but decided to make a show of it, and what a great show it was! Bombshell, all talk and no boom, joins Chomp with a perfect 0-4 record. Only one season ago, this bot made it all the way to the final match, where it got dissected by Tombstone. Oh, how the mighty have fallen! The redesign isn't working too well, time to go back to the drawing boards.
Last edited by Evil Lord Bane on Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Hoenn Region
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoenn Region » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:43 am

Evil Lord Bane wrote:The weapon on Brutus was deliberately shut off in the first part of the match. This was done to prevent it from taking damage. Once Gigabite stopped spinning, Brutus activated it's weapon and went to work. It was a good strategy, that is up until that one fatal mistake it made that cost them the match.

The main event was a borefest. Between Blacksmiths better armor, and Minotaur turning it's weapon down, it was not the exciting bout we saw between those two back in 2015. Quite the opposite.

Ah okay, interesting strategy. Yeah the main event wasn't all that great tbh, it was mostly minotaur nibbling blacksmith and getting tangled in their wedgelets. I'm happy blacksmith went the distance though.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:50 am

Ozzy wrote:
Kohr wrote:My predictions went pretty badly this time, huh? I was right about one thing though: this episode was one of the best, if not the best, of the season! I especially loved the Brutus-Gigabyte fight, and when Bite Force blasted Bombshell out of the arena, I confess to screaming.

Yeah, I guess that is why it wasn't the main event, too anticlimactic.

A shame, I had my hopes up for Bombshell, but Bite Force is just a quality machine.

I would also guess they kept it from being the main event because as far as tournament implications were concerned, it had none. I get the feeling that the matchmakers thought of Bombshell as a respectable opponent, but not one that would give the more popular bots a lot of trouble. Assuming there is another season, I'm hoping we'll see the return of the modular Bombshell, as I believe the rushed build schedule was the reason for it just being a vertical spinner this year.

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:35 pm

This was a great episode! It had a little bit of everything.
- Memorable crazy moment (Red Devil's tread taking a life of it's own and scuttling across the arena)
- Tense tactical battle with a twist at the end (Gigabyte flipping Brutus with it's own gyroscopic force)
- One sided beatdown giving us a clear contender for the nut (Bite Force dominating Bombshell)
- Spectacular one-hit KO (Sow Vs End Game)
- Very close driving contest lasting the full 3 minutes (Minotaur Vs Blacksmith)
Last edited by Pencil Sharpeners 2 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:47 pm

Evil Lord Bane wrote:

2016. But yeah, toned down Minotaur is boring to watch. I want that thing roaring like it usually does and tearing bots to pieces.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:11 pm

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:39 pm

Wow, OK. There aren't many robots who have had 4 battles yet, and there are only 5 episodes left after this one, so it looks like a lot of fight night stuff will have to be untelevised in order to get the final tournament in.
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:56 pm

Sounds like a bit of cross-promotion for the upcoming Robot Wars revival.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Evil Lord Bane
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Evil Lord Bane » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:30 am

Ameriganastan wrote:

Sounds like a bit of cross-promotion for the upcoming Robot Wars revival.

Very well could be. I'm just hoping that they don't do what RW did with an international competition. That is, just get anyone to show up from outside the UK, and pit them against each other. What I want to see is past champions from the nation they represent. What I think they're going to do is get the teams on hand to represent the nations they come from. It would be the cheapest, easiest road to take, but I hope they don't do it that way.

The Hoenn Region
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoenn Region » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:17 am

Evil Lord Bane wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Sounds like a bit of cross-promotion for the upcoming Robot Wars revival.

Very well could be. I'm just hoping that they don't do what RW did with an international competition. That is, just get anyone to show up from outside the UK, and pit them against each other. What I want to see is past champions from the nation they represent. What I think they're going to do is get the teams on hand to represent the nations they come from. It would be the cheapest, easiest road to take, but I hope they don't do it that way.

I hope it isn't as dire as the RW international specials. You're probably right on the format, I'll be happy if I get to see robots like Monsoon, End Game, Lucky, Petunia and Warhead representing the rest of the world, and a good standard from the US bots.
Last edited by The Hoenn Region on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rakdai
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rakdai » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:52 pm

Lucky is from New Hampshire.
Bad days.

The Hoenn Region
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoenn Region » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:46 pm

Rakdai wrote:Lucky is from New Hampshire.

Ah okay, I assumed they were from Canada beacause of their bio on the battlebots site.
Last edited by The Hoenn Region on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:55 pm

...No he's not.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Rakdai
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rakdai » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:07 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

...No he's not.

Yes Lucky is. I swear on my life.
Bad days.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:40 pm

Rakdai wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:...No he's not.

Yes Lucky is. I swear on my life.

He's from Ottawa. The team is called Lucky Canucky for cripes sake.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:50 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Rakdai wrote:Yes Lucky is. I swear on my life.

He's from Ottawa. The team is called Lucky Canucky for cripes sake.

I think one of the members from BB 2016 is
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction