NATION

PASSWORD

BattleBots Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Hoenn Region
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoenn Region » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:35 am

Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote: DUCK! (who will definitely be a high seed if they win their final match against Tombstone)

Are they definitely fighting? This is going to be great.

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:00 am

The Hoenn Region wrote:
Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote: DUCK! (who will definitely be a high seed if they win their final match against Tombstone)

Are they definitely fighting? This is going to be great.

I believe it's confirmed that Tombstone's last two opponents are Whiplash and DUCK!. The fight definitely should be interesting...
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:32 pm

Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:
The Hoenn Region wrote:Are they definitely fighting? This is going to be great.

I believe it's confirmed that Tombstone's last two opponents are Whiplash and DUCK!. The fight definitely should be interesting...

The theme seems to be "who can we get that beat some version of Tombstone in a previous event?".

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:30 pm

Kohr wrote:
Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:I believe it's confirmed that Tombstone's last two opponents are Whiplash and DUCK!. The fight definitely should be interesting...

The theme seems to be "who can we get that beat some version of Tombstone in a previous event?".

Pretty much. Certainly true for 3 out of their 4 opponents. I don't think Whiplash have ever fought Tombstone, but they have beaten Minotaur in the past.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:59 pm

It's finally robot fighting time again!

Round 1
Lock-Jaw silences Kraken
Hypothermia freezes Valkyrie
Lucky dooms Gemini
Gigabyte dismantles Double Dutch

Round 2
Lock-Jaw upends Hypothermia
Gigabyte trashes Lucky

Round 3
Lock-Jaw deletes Gigabyte

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:37 pm

Where has this Donald Hutson been? Kicked Valkyries ass with his...ass.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:44 pm

Kohr wrote:Gigabyte trashes Lucky

Yeah, about that...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:14 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Kohr wrote:Gigabyte trashes Lucky

Yeah, about that...

Got the Hypothermia pick wrong too. I guess I didn't believe in Valkyrie enough, but it's still far from the dark horse threat everyone says it is. Congratulations to Lock-Jaw, who was a perfect fit for being the bracket's winner. He probably couldn't have made the top 16 without the desperado tournament, but is worthy nonetheless.

The Hoenn Region
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoenn Region » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:43 am

Lucky had a great run, shame it didn't go all the way. Will gigabyte get another fight now it's 1-2?

Evil Lord Bane
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Evil Lord Bane » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:16 am

Kohr wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Yeah, about that...

Got the Hypothermia pick wrong too. I guess I didn't believe in Valkyrie enough, but it's still far from the dark horse threat everyone says it is. Congratulations to Lock-Jaw, who was a perfect fit for being the bracket's winner. He probably couldn't have made the top 16 without the desperado tournament, but is worthy nonetheless.

I agree, Donald Hutson showed those kids who the grand daddy of Battelbot is. That swiss army knife of a bot he has sure took it to his compeditors, especially Valkyrie, who got the worst end of his ablity to engineer a victory. His veteran driving ability also played a major roll in his win. Now, he has a giant bolt to go with all his giant nuts!

I would have liked to have seen the first fight Gigabyte match, in full. It was poor planing on that team, they didn't bring a replacement part for the self righting attachment, and had to rely on a quick weld as a repair. Not a good idea, as they found out, the hard way.
Please note: The scoring in this years Deathrace has been changed. Please click here for the updated scoring chart.
We've improved on the Toxic Death Clouds that hangs above our whole nation. They are now radioactive as well!
Top 3 most read factbook entries:
Popular Deathsports - Carmageddon and Auto Dueling.
Vehicular Weaponization: Do's and Don't's.
Outzones and How to Survive Them.
Disclaimer: The name comes from the game Warlords, and has nothing to do with any DC comic book characters.
Try our new, improved Soylent Green, now with 20% more girls!

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:02 am

The Hoenn Region wrote:Lucky had a great run, shame it didn't go all the way. Will gigabyte get another fight now it's 1-2?

It probably will. The losers of the tournament aren't eliminated from the field.

Evil Lord Bane wrote:
Kohr wrote:Got the Hypothermia pick wrong too. I guess I didn't believe in Valkyrie enough, but it's still far from the dark horse threat everyone says it is. Congratulations to Lock-Jaw, who was a perfect fit for being the bracket's winner. He probably couldn't have made the top 16 without the desperado tournament, but is worthy nonetheless.

I agree, Donald Hutson showed those kids who the grand daddy of Battelbot is. That swiss army knife of a bot he has sure took it to his compeditors, especially Valkyrie, who got the worst end of his ablity to engineer a victory. His veteran driving ability also played a major roll in his win. Now, he has a giant bolt to go with all his giant nuts!

I would have liked to have seen the first fight Gigabyte match, in full. It was poor planing on that team, they didn't bring a replacement part for the self righting attachment, and had to rely on a quick weld as a repair. Not a good idea, as they found out, the hard way.

I think the Science Channel episode will show the whole thing.
Last edited by Kohr on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:29 pm

Predictions ordered from most confident to least confident.

Witch Doctor poisons Ultimo
Tombstone buries Whiplash
Skorpios saws Rotator
Warhead devours Chomp
Sharkoprion shreds Gemini
Overhaul grounds War Hawk

I’m really not too sure about that last one. I know Overhaul’s pretty bad, but I still don’t trust War Hawk. I’ll probably regret making that pick, but oh well.

The Hoenn Region
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoenn Region » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:27 pm

Tombstone, Skorpios, Witch Doctor, War Hawk, Warhead and Gemini for me.

I’m really not too sure about that last one. I know Overhaul’s pretty bad, but I still don’t trust War Hawk. I’ll probably regret making that pick, but oh well.

I can see where you're coming from, war hawk's nice and flat for the grabber. I'dve thought you'd be more confident in warhead beating chomp though.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:26 pm

The Hoenn Region wrote:Tombstone, Skorpios, Witch Doctor, War Hawk, Warhead and Gemini for me.

I can see where you're coming from, war hawk's nice and flat for the grabber. I'dve thought you'd be more confident in warhead beating chomp though.

I saw from a picture that Warhead’s using their dinosaur head again. I think it’s easily their weaker weapon. Plus, the other three fights are also pretty much locks anyways.

Evil Lord Bane
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Evil Lord Bane » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:31 pm

Kohr wrote:Predictions ordered from most confident to least confident.

Skorpios saws Rotator
Warhead devours Chomp

Fully disagree with the Witch Doctor, Sharkoprion and Overhaul picks. Overhaul only beats bots that are the very worse, like Chomp. Witch Doctor is the low end of a middle of the road bot, and seams to win by shear luck. Sharkoprion is pure junk, literally. Whiplash would have great chance against Tombstone if they replaced the front scoop with something heavier, but have no chance with the standard configuration. Chomp, of course, is the low end of the low end, destined to be the most expensive failure in Battelbot's history.
Please note: The scoring in this years Deathrace has been changed. Please click here for the updated scoring chart.
We've improved on the Toxic Death Clouds that hangs above our whole nation. They are now radioactive as well!
Disclaimer: The name comes from the game Warlords, and has nothing to do with any DC comic book characters.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:38 pm

Evil Lord Bane wrote:
Kohr wrote:Predictions ordered from most confident to least confident.

Skorpios saws Rotator
Warhead devours Chomp

Fully disagree with the Witch Doctor, Sharkoprion and Overhaul picks. Overhaul only beats bots that are the very worse, like Chomp. Witch Doctor is the low end of a middle of the road bot, and seams to win by shear luck. Sharkoprion is pure junk, literally. Whiplash would have great chance against Tombstone if they replaced the front scoop with something heavier, but have no chance with the standard configuration. Chomp, of course, is the low end of the low end, destined to be the most expensive failure in Battelbot's history.

I don’t know whether or not you saw this, but I think any mediocre bot could beat Ultimo. They have other weapons, but I’ve heard that those work about as well as the axe.
Last edited by Kohr on Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ozzy
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Ozzy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:11 pm

Kohr wrote:I don’t know whether or not you saw this, but I think any mediocre bot could beat Ultimo. They have other weapons, but I’ve heard that those work about as well as the axe.

>Sean Irving
>Sponsored by NPC Robotics
>A potato bot you'd see shambling about in Robot Wars

I don't even...

Still, I don't know what might come of Ultimo's battle with Witch Doctor, since WD has also shown to be pretty bad in previous fights, with most of their wins being close calls
Last edited by IM Meen on Wed May 15, 1996 1:29 pm, edited 756 times in total.

Long live the Global Liberation Army!
Leader of NS Hoofington Reapers

In this world we stand for what we love, for what is right and for our rights. If you don't stand for either one of these you don't stand at all. You're crippled mentally. Your rights give you your life, that life gives you the right to stand for what is right for the world and one of those rights in the world is standing strong for those you love and what you love as a whole.

The Hoenn Region
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoenn Region » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:32 am

Kohr wrote:I saw from a picture that Warhead’s using their dinosaur head again. I think it’s easily their weaker weapon. Plus, the other three fights are also pretty much locks anyways.

Bollocks, I was hoping we'd see a big spinner against chomp. I'll settle for it thrashing around in warhead's jaws though.

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Master of predictions :P
Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:So, we're halfway through the season, which 16 bots do you think will make it to the final tournament? And what will their ranking be?
Here's my prediction
--snip--
16. Valkyrie (I think they'll win the Desperado Tournament)

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:35 pm

Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:Master of predictions :P
Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:So, we're halfway through the season, which 16 bots do you think will make it to the final tournament? And what will their ranking be?
Here's my prediction
--snip--
16. Valkyrie (I think they'll win the Desperado Tournament)

Hey, at least you didn’t pick Overhaul tonight. War Hawk isn’t the best bot in the word, but I guess I forgot how much Overhaul sucks.

Ozzy
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Ozzy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:05 pm

OOF... That was a close match between Whiplash and Tombstone than I thought, but holy hell, Whiplash got obliterated
Last edited by Ozzy on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by IM Meen on Wed May 15, 1996 1:29 pm, edited 756 times in total.

Long live the Global Liberation Army!
Leader of NS Hoofington Reapers

In this world we stand for what we love, for what is right and for our rights. If you don't stand for either one of these you don't stand at all. You're crippled mentally. Your rights give you your life, that life gives you the right to stand for what is right for the world and one of those rights in the world is standing strong for those you love and what you love as a whole.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:05 pm

God, talk about a weak episode. Bitch Doctor, Overhaul and Chomp all in one episode. At least 2 of them lost.

And Tombstone did was Tombstone does.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:08 pm

I have to say, I wasn’t super impressed with the first four fights. But that Tombstone-Whiplash affair was possibly the best fight of the season!

Evil Lord Bane
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Evil Lord Bane » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Ultimo proves to be a flimsy bot as it gets eliminated. How do you loose against sucky ass Bitch Doctor? The deserve to be out. No surprise with Chomp and Overhaul, the latter of which is my least fav. bot and I'm glad to see it loose and get eliminated from the finals. As bad as Whiplash got mauled by Tombstone, in the beginning of the fight, it did deflect some of those hits, one sent Tombstone into the air and it landed so hard, one of it's wheels took damage. Ray Billings had to be sweating the first 30 seconds of that match, after that, it was all about Tombstone ripping Whiplash apart, the inevitable ending.

The Hoenn Region
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoenn Region » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:54 pm

As someone who didn't follow the last two seasons of battlebots very closely what is it people have against witch doctor? It's not great but it isn't terrible either from what I've seen.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction