NATION

PASSWORD

BattleBots Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Wed May 30, 2018 4:40 am

I haven't watched episodes of the new season 3 now, as it haven't aired yet on Discovery (which I can't watch as I don't have), or another channel that aired it. I do watch a gif of individual fights, like Vanquish vs Icewave, as well as reading the battle synopsis. However, I do watch reruns of the new season 1 and 2.

Anyway, can I start a new thread in Arts and Fiction that is more concentrated on Robot combat as whole, not just Battlebots and Robot Wars, but also Robogames, a place for NS'ers who really participate in Robot combat IRL, live events, and robot combat games (like Robot Arena 2)
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed May 30, 2018 4:43 am

If I'm being honest, I just like watching the fights. I don't really care about the tournaments.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed May 30, 2018 9:48 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:If I'm being honest, I just like watching the fights. I don't really care about the tournaments.

I'm a sports fan. You put anything in a tournament bracket and I'm hooked.

And according to the commercial I just saw, Tombstone is gonna be fighting a full body spinner next episode. Can't wait to see that spinning Frisbee and his weapon collide. Someone is gonna get sent flying.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Wed May 30, 2018 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed May 30, 2018 11:00 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:If I'm being honest, I just like watching the fights. I don't really care about the tournaments.

I'm a sports fan. You put anything in a tournament bracket and I'm hooked.

And according to the commercial I just saw, Tombstone is gonna be fighting a full body spinner next episode. Can't wait to see that spinning Frisbee and his weapon collide. Someone is gonna get sent flying.

Sounds cool. I saw this cool season 2, I think it was fight. It was Warhead vs. Complete Control. It ended with Complete Control literally on fire.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed May 30, 2018 11:12 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I'm a sports fan. You put anything in a tournament bracket and I'm hooked.

Sounds cool. I saw this cool season 2, I think it was fight. It was Warhead vs. Complete Control. It ended with Complete Control literally on fire.

I remember that fight. Where he got flipped and then balanced on his spinner to get back over to him.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed May 30, 2018 11:13 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Sounds cool. I saw this cool season 2, I think it was fight. It was Warhead vs. Complete Control. It ended with Complete Control literally on fire.

I remember that fight. Where he got flipped and then balanced on his spinner to get back over to him.

Yeah tht's the one. That was an awesome fight.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed May 30, 2018 11:23 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I remember that fight. Where he got flipped and then balanced on his spinner to get back over to him.

Yeah tht's the one. That was an awesome fight.

That's Warhead. He's entertaining when he wins and when he loses.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed May 30, 2018 11:27 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Yeah tht's the one. That was an awesome fight.

That's Warhead. He's entertaining when he wins and when he loses.

Wifi wouldn't load the vid.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed May 30, 2018 11:30 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:That's Warhead. He's entertaining when he wins and when he loses.

Wifi wouldn't load the vid.

It was when Minotaur took his head off.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed May 30, 2018 11:32 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Wifi wouldn't load the vid.

It was when Minotaur took his head off.

Minitaur tore Warhead's head off? I'll have to watch that clip.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu May 31, 2018 12:12 pm

I like the Fightcard for this week- I'm looking forward to Monsoon's first fight especially- but I'm still waiting for them to show Bronco, the Whyachi robots, Chomp, and Warhead.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu May 31, 2018 12:39 pm

Kohr wrote:I like the Fightcard for this week- I'm looking forward to Monsoon's first fight especially- but I'm still waiting for them to show Bronco, the Whyachi robots, Chomp, and Warhead.

Of the ones I've seen in action, Bronco is my favorite.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Thu May 31, 2018 12:57 pm

Kohr wrote:I like the Fightcard for this week- I'm looking forward to Monsoon's first fight especially- but I'm still waiting for them to show Bronco, the Whyachi robots, Chomp, and Warhead.

I'm also looking forward to monsoon, having seen its predecessors, Concussion and Tauron, compete in Robot Wars.

End Game vs Lockjaw could be a great fight, given that they both won their first matches effectively with a single hit.

And of course, Tombstone vs Gigabyte looks tasty. Will be interesting to see if the result is different to last time.
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu May 31, 2018 3:15 pm

Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:

I'm also looking forward to monsoon, having seen its predecessors, Concussion and Tauron, compete in Robot Wars.

End Game vs Lockjaw could be a great fight, given that they both won their first matches effectively with a single hit.

And of course, Tombstone vs Gigabyte looks tasty. Will be interesting to see if the result is different to last time.

Yeah, that's also why I'm excited for Monsoon. On another Robot Wars note, I think the guys from Nuts should put together a flail spinner for BattleBots. It would be hilarious.

United Territories and States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Territories and States » Thu May 31, 2018 8:44 pm

Did anyone see that match with Bite Force vs Hypershock?
Please be nice and refer this country as "America", or "United States" when in IC.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu May 31, 2018 8:45 pm

United Territories and States wrote:Did anyone see that match with Bite Force vs Hypershock?

Yes, all 3 seconds of it...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

United Territories and States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Territories and States » Thu May 31, 2018 9:07 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
United Territories and States wrote:Did anyone see that match with Bite Force vs Hypershock?

Yes, all 3 seconds of it...

It was a rough match for Hypershock.
Please be nice and refer this country as "America", or "United States" when in IC.

The Hoenn Region
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoenn Region » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:00 am

Kohr wrote:Yeah, that's also why I'm excited for Monsoon. On another Robot Wars note, I think the guys from Nuts should put together a flail spinner for BattleBots. It would be hilarious.

Monsoon looks brutal, that asymmetric vertical bar is seriously scary.

Nuts 2 was only 70 something kilos, they could seriously beef up the motors/flails. Tombstone's drive chain is totally exposed too, imagine if some unknown british meltybrain took them out!

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:11 pm

Yes! Let's go, Monsoon!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:03 pm

Weak night. Three judges decisions. Battle Royale With Cheese is a dud in every fashion.

But hey, my boy Tombstone ripping heads off. That made up for things. As did Faruq with the Patriots jab.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Dongfei Zhi Zhu
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dongfei Zhi Zhu » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:06 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Week night. Three judges decisions. Battle Royale With Cheese is a dud in every fashion.

But hey, my boy Tombstone ripping heads off. That made up for things. As did Faruq with the Patriots jab.

Tombstone #1! Best bot! All other bots smelly stinky yes! REMOVE
DONGFEI ZHI ZHU - THE PEARL OF EAST AFRICA

The first and only Chinese African colony deeply altered the history of East Africa forever - stretching across the east coast to Madagascar, Sino-Donfei Zhizhuanese relations haven't been best after the victory of the Chinese Communist Party.
Current Year: 2002

Kohr
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Weak night. Three judges decisions. Battle Royale With Cheese is a dud in every fashion.

I unfortunately have to agree, although I did enjoy the Red Devil/Monsoon fight. Although it devolved into a pushing match, it wasn't due to incompetence on either side, so that was appreciated. I'm also impressed by End Game. Although it's just a vertical spinner like so many others, that's two well-respected bots they've taken down now. They have my respect, and I'm looking forward to what happens next with them.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:15 pm

And how about the main event, Tombstone and Gigabyte. What happened in that fight?
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:17 pm

The Federation of Kendor wrote:And how about the main event, Tombstone and Gigabyte. What happened in that fight?

That first hit knocked the securing bolt loose. That was that bit you saw flying off the top. In other words, the only thing holding the spinny part on the body.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ozzy
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Ozzy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:35 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:That first hit knocked the securing bolt loose. That was that bit you saw flying off the top. In other words, the only thing holding the spinny part on the body.

Looooooool priceless... that terrifying weapon easily yielded to reveal a glorified plastic RC car underneath, I really felt sorry for the driver of Gigabyte though, I'm glad Ray showed him some mercy.

Yet another painful reminder that the age of full body spinners are long past us.
Last edited by IM Meen on Wed May 15, 1996 1:29 pm, edited 756 times in total.

Long live the Global Liberation Army!
Leader of NS Hoofington Reapers

In this world we stand for what we love, for what is right and for our rights. If you don't stand for either one of these you don't stand at all. You're crippled mentally. Your rights give you your life, that life gives you the right to stand for what is right for the world and one of those rights in the world is standing strong for those you love and what you love as a whole.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction