NATION

PASSWORD

BattleBots Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:49 pm

Kohr wrote:Holy crap, Claw Viper is actually awesome this season. They're perhaps the closest thing we've had to Storm 2 in a long time.

Yeah. The main different seems to be their ground game. Last year they had just a wedge with those flimsy HDPE forks, but now they have a clear fork setup attached to the wedge, as well as beefier metal lifting forks. By getting underneath their opponents more regularly, they aren't just getting destroyed like in previous years.
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

TheKeyToJoy
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 08, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby TheKeyToJoy » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:52 pm

Okay guys my picks for this season
1. Minotaur

2. Endgame

3. Sawblaze

4. Tantrum, (would have been 1. but they got beaten by Minotaur of course)

5? Hydra or Witch Doctor or Riptide.
Last edited by TheKeyToJoy on Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
My beliefs. Dogs and cats are both equal, racism is bad, Joe Mama jokes are funny, and TRR is better than any other region.

Kraven Prevails!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:25 pm

Oh look, a bullshit judge's decision in favor of Bitch Doctor. How refreshing and new...

(Yes, I'm behind. Shut up.)
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

TheKeyToJoy
Diplomat

Postby TheKeyToJoy » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:02 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Oh look, a bullshit judge's decision in favor of Bitch Doctor. How refreshing and new...

Wait which one?
My beliefs. Dogs and cats are both equal, racism is bad, Joe Mama jokes are funny, and TRR is better than any other region.

Kraven Prevails!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:10 pm

TheKeyToJoy wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Oh look, a bullshit judge's decision in favor of Bitch Doctor. How refreshing and new...

Wait which one?

The fight with Fusion. Fusion tore that crappy robot a new asshole, and they still gave them the win.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

TheKeyToJoy
Diplomat

Postby TheKeyToJoy » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:20 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
TheKeyToJoy wrote:Wait which one?

The fight with Fusion. Fusion tore that crappy robot a new asshole, and they still gave them the win.

Oh that one yeah. That was utter bullshit.

Kraven Prevails!

TheKeyToJoy
Diplomat

Postby TheKeyToJoy » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:23 pm

Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:
Kohr wrote:Holy crap, Claw Viper is actually awesome this season. They're perhaps the closest thing we've had to Storm 2 in a long time.

Yeah. The main different seems to be their ground game. Last year they had just a wedge with those flimsy HDPE forks, but now they have a clear fork setup attached to the wedge, as well as beefier metal lifting forks. By getting underneath their opponents more regularly, they aren't just getting destroyed like in previous years.

Claw Viper seems to be a lot better this season hopes it makes to the all jinx it so no.

Kraven Prevails!

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:10 am

I have no idea how anybody who has any experience of robot combat could possibly rule that fight in favour of Fusion. Let's have a look at the three categories:
- Damage - WD lost their weapon and a wheel. Their front armour was damaged but the robot could still move fine. Fusion lost both it's weapons and half it's drive. It was stuck in the corner at the end of the fight like a wounded animal, barely able to move. WD easily won damage
- Aggression - Fusion mainly sat in one place the entire fight, WD initiated every exchange so won aggression
- Control - Fusion's gyrodancing didn't give it much control, as usual, but WD kept running into the weapon so wasn't exactly well driven. This was pretty even.

Still don't see how anybody could score the fight for Fusion. What were they looking at?
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:38 am

Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:
Still don't see how anybody could score the fight for Fusion. What were they looking at?

I was looking at a history of this bitch ass robot getting bullshit decisions thrown its way, that's what I was looking at.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

TheKeyToJoy
Diplomat

Postby TheKeyToJoy » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:53 am

Major upset for Ripperoni and Endgame, jeezus christ.

Kraven Prevails!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:13 pm

TheKeyToJoy wrote:Major upset for Ripperoni and Endgame, jeezus christ.

Eh. They got lucky because those dipshits got him stuck in the killsaw slot.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

TheKeyToJoy
Diplomat

Postby TheKeyToJoy » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:39 pm

New episode was pretty good, Claw Viper still on the winning streak. The last fight was pretty even both Minotaur and Cobalt are good and will probably both get in the round of 32 if not the semi-finals. Triton and Copperhead was entertaing and that's all from, me.

Kraven Prevails!

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:22 pm

Great episode tonight with wins by Hydra, Quantum, Blip, and Beta. Really enjoying the addition of Jason from Thor to Beta's roster.

TheKeyToJoy
Diplomat

Postby TheKeyToJoy » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:04 am

Poor Gruff.

Kraven Prevails!

TheKeyToJoy
Diplomat

Postby TheKeyToJoy » Sat May 27, 2023 9:57 am

Well end of the season and Sawblaze, it’s a good bit but Riptide would have won if it handed been Ethan Curt getting Covid. But I congratulate Sawblaze and Huge because Huge did their best season.

Kraven Prevails!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction