NATION

PASSWORD

Rainbledon: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:52 am

Switched em.

Oh. My. God.
That was incredibly reckless and dangerous. What if Luna can't raise the sun properly?
What if Celestia can't keep the nightmare creatures out?

What the fuck Starlight.

If the next scene isn't them going ballistic at her for this, idk.

Starlights background in black magic relating to cutie marks comes up again.
For pony society this is almost sacriligeous. The mark is incredibly personal and important.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:01 am

Celestia should be like;
"Starlight, your impression of my character isn't too flattering you know."
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frenequesta » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:05 am

I still have yet to see “A Royal Problem.”

And “Fame and Misfortune.” And two episodes from Season Six that, as far as I can tell, aren’t standouts for the fandom.

What’s wrong with me?
I’m mostly here for... something to do, I suppose.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:06 am

It's so fun working watch/hear as someone else watches an episode you've already seen
Maybe I should do the same as I finish up Season 4... thinking

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:12 am

Frenequesta wrote:I still have yet to see “A Royal Problem.”

And “Fame and Misfortune.” And two episodes from Season Six that, as far as I can tell, aren’t standouts for the fandom.

What’s wrong with me?

You should, I really loved A Royal Problem.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:09 pm

"Not asking for trouble."
"To pink pony who lives with baked goods, pink pony, come to thing, now."
Yaks.

Wasn't there almost a war last time Pinkie got involved?
Okay.

Lol twilight failed a diplomacy check.
"You know, there's lots we don't know about the Yak's (and their culture.)" 1/100. "So, irritating pony people have to learn to love and who often does impulsive things, you go talk to them during their sacred festival." 1/100 "As an official ambassador."

Oh god.
The title of the episode.
War again?
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

Freezic Vast
Minister

Founded: Jul 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Freezic Vast » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:16 pm

Frenequesta wrote:I still have yet to see “A Royal Problem.”

What’s wrong with me?

Meanwhile I have yet to see most of the second half of season 6, all of season 7, sans the finale, and the MLP movie. So yeah.
20 year old, male from Pennsylvania and proud of it. Love sports like football, baseball and hockey, enjoy video games and TV. Music is love, music is life. I'm bi and conservative.
Nothing Breaks Like A Heart by Mark Ronson ft. Miley Cyrus
Tired, and bored, need sleep.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:19 pm

Discordant Harmony

"I better make sure to make this teaparty awesome." *commits suicide in front of friend*

"Doing anything for ya?" - Fluttercord intensifies.

Perfect pear time.

Granny Smith has a rivalry/feud it seems.

"We AREN'T inbred!?" *horrified southerners*
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:32 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:Discordant Harmony

"I better make sure to make this teaparty awesome." *commits suicide in front of friend*

I quite liked the symmetry between "We've never discussed it, but I'm pretty sure Fluttershy/Discord likes/hates gravity."

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:35 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:Discordant Harmony

I quite liked the symmetry between "We've never discussed it, but I'm pretty sure Fluttershy/Discord likes/hates gravity."

Yeah.

Pear episode also contains confirmation Pones change their name to match their chosen lifestyle, though in hindsight this is semi-confirmed for Luna-Nightmare, but then, those two are sometimes treated as separate entities, not without some basis.

Pear-Apple story was sweet.

Fame and misfortune now.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:53 pm

Fame and misfortune.

"Wtf is that?"

Guys.
You saved the world with this book, it wasn't long ago.

Missed the opportunity to go
"You don't remember the massive centaur guy? What was his name again..."

"A certain manifesto."
Starlight is still kind of hilarious.

If there's one good argument in favor of rehabilitation, this kind of comedy has got to be it.

Oh my god you're mass producing and selling the book?

"Jeez, the elements of harmony are kind of moronic. These lessons look like they were made for 6 year olds."
"Hey look at this one, "Don't brainwash an entire village.""
"Page 300 right?"
"No, page 145."
"It turns up twice actually."
"Oh."

Oh wow, the angle they're going for is better.
Criticizing the friendship lessons of specific pones rather than all of them being dumb.

Yeah, this was a bad idea.

Before they got to know you like this, you 6 were just superheroes. Now everyone knows Dash is an arrogant asshole, Pinkie is a lunatic, Rarity is snobbish, Fluttershy is bipolar between shy and way too hostile and aggressive, etc. Also, the town remembering all the shit these guys have put them through might not be great.

Poor fluttershy. Oh my god. She did pretty well there, finally learning to balance the two a little.

And EVERYONE moves in with Applejack. That's hilarious. yeah, applejack, most of your entries are about how amazing your family is and how you learned to appreciate them.
"And kick out my own family?"
Awwww.

Well, there you go twilight, another lesson.
"Don't publically publish your friends diaries."

"I moved here to learn about friendship."
Not strictly true Twi, you kicked and screamed while Celestia threw you out and MADE you come here to learn about friendship, and you thought it was a waste of time. You moved here because your boss demanded you do it.

"What about rarity, are we really supposed to believe she learned anything she wrote in there?"

Good question.
> Worst Pone

This episode is great.

Oh, a song.

Right, the thing about Pinkie, there's several episodes where it's clear she's got bipolar depression or some shit. So the pones thinking she's "The funny one" need to give a closer reading. The pones suck at literary criticism.

Spike was also there, but I guess he's napped through this incident.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:07 pm

I shall away to continue my March through Season 4 ;)

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Triple Threat.

Spike episode.
Ember is coming back.

"The dragons are learning to be friends."
Oh, uh. That's good... great... yeah...
>HRE-> Germany flashbacks
>Spike doomed equestria

Inviting the king of the changelings at the same time as ember seems a good idea tbh. They're both in similar situations, getting used to their people no longer being evil and shit, adapting to pony culture.
>Equestrian imperialism

Reckon Spike is gonna hit on Ember again?

0 seconds until an incident almost happens with the trumpets.

"Hi Twilight."
"I'm starlight."
Pones all look the same.

There's the triple threat. Spike's gotta go on a mish.

Thorax "Wah wah, I wanted spike."
Dude. Starlight is the reason your entire species aren't slaves of Chrysalis anymore. Eh, I guess they're new to the idea of not being assholes all the time, so you gotta let some shit slide.

Renegade changelings still devouring love. Well, time to watch the background characters and be paranoid again. Reprieve was sweet while it lasted. (Unless this is them realizing replicated background ponies being explained by "Changelings" was super convenient for them, and they wanna bring it back.)
Oh.

"Hey, let's not do that anymore. Hey, this is how we've done thigns for hundreds of years."
"Even tho i asked them it's like they don't want to, even though i asked nicely."

Why the fuck is Thorax king again?
is it nepotism? He's vaguely familiar with someone Twilight knows (spike) and therefore, is best?
I forgot.
What are his qualifications.
"He's literally the only changeling who wasn't a relentless asshole to everyone BEFORE we invaded your hive and defeated your queen, so, we're installing him. His incompetence is irrelevant. Oh look, renegades."

Oh.
>Imperialism flashbacks

Pones still look the same.

"I accidentally invited you both on the same day."
"So what."
get rekt spike.

"Oh i get it, you thought he wouldn't like me cos im a dragon and i'm bad at friendship, huh?!"

"Wait, isn't that why you're here?"
Ooooh, shade being thrown all over the place.

Ember liked you spike, and you're kind of similar to Thorax. Why would you think she wouldn't like him?

"I even offered a prize."

Thorember/Embrax intensifies.

>Germany inherits Russia
> Unholy Alliance Focus
>Equestria is Doomed
Ostro.MOV

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:13 pm

Campfire tales time.

Don't almost drown again Scoot.

dash begins by almost winning a Darwin award
"I'm still kind of scared of the dangerous woods."
"Don't worry kid, you got me."
Says Dash, who almost just ate a bunch of poisonous shit and needed to be stopped by Scootaloo.

SKITTER?!?
RUN!
RUN!
ABANDON SHIP!
LEAVE EQUESTRIA!
SHE'S HEARD ABOUT CELESTIA AND HER PLANS AND DECIDED TO TAKE OVER!
EVERYTHING IS LOST!

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=344931&p=26183240&hilit=celestias+plan#p26183240

"Never seen em this far east though."
Crossover intensifies.

"Scary stories."
"This one's called, paraponies."

"They lived in a village that sat at the foot of a gigantic volcano."
So they were morons then.
This isn't like earth. Pones are magic. They don't need soil fertility. There is literally no reason to live at the foot of a volcano.

NORSEPONES.

"But the village ponies didn't wanna leave their homes."
Morons confirmed.

The guards just leave. So not all morons I guess.
"Welp, we aren't wasting time trying to convince you. get us the fuck out of here."

Asian unicorns have different horns.

Holy shit.
An empress.

Celestia/Luna aren't the rulers of all pony kind.

This... this is a hell of a development to drop into our laps suddenly.

I mean, I guess there was the Crystal empire, but they're Crystal pones, not unicorns/pegasi/earth ponies, and besides, that was Sombras territory and they invaded to annex it.

It's part of Equestria now for all intents and purposes. Cadence even turns up to royal meetings despite nominally being an empress, and looks to "Princess" celestia as her boss.

Well fuck. Dunno how to take it.

Also, in hindsight, "War with the Yaks" is kind of hysterical that Twilight feels panicked about it.
"We have magic and you don't, we can fly and you can't, and we've got three demigods on our side. Wait no, four. Forgot I count. Why am I worried again?"

Turns out the empress of asiapones is a shit.
Bets on this being equestrian propaganda? :p

Palpatipone.

Guess not.
There's still an independent pony kingdom out there somewhere.

Oh.
"All over Equestria."
So this couuullld be pre-hearthswarming and the unification of the tribes, before the sisters defeated discord and took the throne.
Or "All over equestria" could be a slip up.

SKITTER IS ANGERED BY YOUR CONTINUITY ERRORS.

Cave entrance blocked, pones starve.
"I did what i had to do."

Three stories about heroes went up against an unstoppable foe.
they've given eachother the bravery to take on Skitter.
Everyone dies.
The series is canceled.

I literally said try not to drown again scoot, gawd.

Skitter is still in the woods. Equestria got even scarier.
Ostro.MOV

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:53 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:Campfire tales time.

Don't almost drown again Scoot.

I literally said try not to drown again scoot, gawd.

But that rainboat dash

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:14 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:
How so? ofcourse not. Just blitzing through and critiqueing. I'll read one of your fics after. Any suggestions?

I was just worried that me posting the EQD article would have pissed you off, consisting that I have had some.... flame when I talked about Scoots in the past.

Suggestions?
I put in a lot of effort into A Very ’Clucky’ Nightmare Night and consider it my best work so far.

But If you want goofy royal sisters, Celestia and Luna's spoopy bet would be cool. But A Very ’Clucky’ Nightmare Night has a bonus chapter that ties into this.

This one is my first fic. But It has less polish and it was before I had an editor.

Thanks for being interested in my fics btw. :hug:

I've got a soft spot for the sisters, i'll give it a go when i'm caught up on pone. You want feedback? Here or on fimfic?
Ostro.MOV

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:21 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:

I was just worried that me posting the EQD article would have pissed you off, consisting that I have had some.... flame when I talked about Scoots in the past.

Suggestions?
I put in a lot of effort into A Very ’Clucky’ Nightmare Night and consider it my best work so far.

But If you want goofy royal sisters, Celestia and Luna's spoopy bet would be cool. But A Very ’Clucky’ Nightmare Night has a bonus chapter that ties into this.

This one is my first fic. But It has less polish and it was before I had an editor.

Thanks for being interested in my fics btw. :hug:

I've got a soft spot for the sisters, i'll give it a go when i'm caught up on pone. You want feedback? Here or on fimfic?

Eh, make it here.

I'm here more than I'm on there.

Hope you enjoy!

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:32 pm

To change a changeling.

"Why you hitting yourself" got a lol.
Trixie being funny as usual.

And then Starlight was the CMC and Farynx was Trixie, and the "Let's lure a monster to a populated area" plan is a terrible one still. I feel like if Starlight had explained the plan, Trixie would be like "This won't work. I know, because reasons. Don't go asking people what reasons, though. They'll lie because they're jealous of me."

Oh my god. Stop hitting yourself is the moral?

"Oh good. A second royal, a sibling of the first, the one good at war, with insecurity issues and a history of being unlikeable, and a grudge against the population for not agreeing with their worldview. Welp, we'll be leaving. We have no further advice to give or insights that might be relevant. Have fun guys!"
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:41 pm

Daring done.

"Why you quitting being spiderman, wtf?"

Daring Do is hated in southern equestria because of a media campaign?
Oh. It IS true. "Indiana Jones fucks up a restaurant, what an asshole." x 1000 incidents and he goes "I did it! I got the bayeux tapestry! Ima write an exciting book about this shit."

Makes sense.
yeah, maybe you should quit.

Daring, to be fair, does save the world quite a bit. But maybe she's just not up for being Batman after the second movie and hated by everyone.

It's Cabaleron. So he's pulling a dick dastardly and giving daring a shot at reversing her terrible reputation here.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:04 pm

Can somepony tell me why it was a good idea to magic-limit the princesses (or at least the limitin of the Royal Sisters) in Equestria Games? I'm rather confused as to why that would be a good idea. :blink:

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:05 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:Can somepony tell me why it was a good idea to magic-limit the princesses (or at least the limitin of the Royal Sisters) in Equestria Games? I'm rather confused as to why that would be a good idea. :blink:

I forget.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frenequesta » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:24 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:Can somepony tell me why it was a good idea to magic-limit the princesses (or at least the limitin of the Royal Sisters) in Equestria Games? I'm rather confused as to why that would be a good idea. :blink:

Some think it had to do with the fact that Twilight used her magic to light the flame when Spike was supposed to. Or, from a more general perspective, it would be rather disingenuous for the Princesses to give favored towns a hoof up when they compete in the Games—it would be like if the IOC decided to secretly give the athletes of, say, Ukraine, steroids while openly denying Russian athletes them (if not excluding them from the Games because of their use).

So basically, it was an anti-cheating measure. (They said as much when it came to regular unicorns.) And when it comes to combating corruption, you not only want to stop corruption but the appearance of corruption. Except the Princesses and ponies might think a win was due to a bribe, but if the Princesses can’t carry out their end like everypony else, then the possibilty doesn’t exist.
Last edited by Frenequesta on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I’m mostly here for... something to do, I suppose.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:38 pm

I mean that was the vague reason I could think of. And it makes sense in the case of Twilight and Cadance (if the CE has teams) because then they have potential bias. But it seems a bit weird to me to think that Celestia or Luna being biased towards Canterlot is a concern in-universe. Or maybe they are and I'm just buying into the propaganda :p

Edit: or more shorty, I can get the reasoning, I just think parts of it are not-good reasoning
Last edited by Lord Dominator on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Socialist Czechia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Socialist Czechia » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:22 am

"Those who reached my boundary, their seed is not; their hearts and their souls are finished forever and ever. As for those who had assembled before them on the sea, the full flame was their front before the harbour mouths, and a wall of metal upon the shore surrounded them. They were dragged, overturned, and laid low upon the beach; slain and made heaps from stern to bow of their galleys, while all their things were cast upon the water." - Ramesses III., Battle of the Delta

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:46 am

Not the mane thing;
Oh god. Rarity. Don't give Pinkie business advice.

Mothers day? Girlfriends day?
Wat.

Rarity businesspone.

Go ask Twilight for magic to clean up. Bring Pinkie though, she needs to say exactly what its made of.
"I forgot." <_<

Zecora is also a good choice.

"Soap."

To be fair, i'd assume it was some kind of Pinkie chemical and that soap wouldn't work as well. Still doesn't make this look less silly.

"Get lost pinkie.", stop rhyming Zecora.

Color theme. Oh no Rarity used it all.

Grey hair?
Nope.
Hair gone. Oh.

"Okay Rarity, we're gonna put you in a time dilation bubble. Here's some food, see you in 6 months."

Zecora suggests time bullshit too.
Starlight/Twilight actually learned their lesson about time bullshit?

"Facts."
"Without my mane pones treat me different, ignore me, and I can't cope."
Kiiinnnnd of suggests your personality might uh...

Oh, she managed to pull off the look at least

Health of information.

Fluttershy, das raciss, cultural appropriation, rhyming is for Zebra.

Zecora catches a marsh disease and has to cut out her eyeballs. (I just watched Extra credits, punic war.)

Rock music heartbeat.
"Not a good sign."

Swamp fever.
Zecora, you live in a Swamp and never heard of it. You study ailments, don't you?

Oh my god, it's a zombie virus, implications being someone died of it already to infect Zecora.

Twilight continues the trend of shoving things into pones mouths.

Twilight sad about reading every book in her library? CHANGELINGS.

Plague doctor time.

Fluttershy, I just reali-

HOLYSHIT.
Zecora didn't rhyme.

Anyway, fluttershy, I just realized, you can finally become a tree like you always wanted.

"Maybe there's somepony we can ask."
"Hey, which house did Archimedes live in?"

"Well, both I suppose."
No connection tho.

Yeah, that's a pone version of a plague doctor mask.

Christ, wear the mask kid.

Cool, so she cured them.

Good going flutters, that was quick with the masks.

Stare failed.

Twi, you've been fucking around doing nothing for 3 days? You mad at Zecora?

Oh. Failing to best some bees. kay.

A GIANT QUEEN BEE! HOLY CRAP!
*Bees fly away*
Ostro.MOV

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction