NATION

PASSWORD

Rainbledon: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sinovet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sinovet » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:09 pm

Kollin wrote:
Sinovet wrote:Oh my god, Rainbow, what are you wearing!

Did you regress to G3 Rainbow?!
Aelarus wrote:Hello, hope you all have been enjoying yourselves.

And congrats Sinovet.

:O

AEL AND SINE
HAI
I AM NB :D
I missed you guys ;-;

Ye

Sunstruck
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sunstruck » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:25 am

Yeah, it wouldn't have been so bad had I had other interests, but it's just nothing interests me.
I can't even bother to fully participate in NS. I finally found a region with a few active roleplays but I can't for the life of me start writing. Hell, I can't even listen to any genre of music right now. Guess that's just a personal problem, though, as I haven't even seen Legend of the Everfree yet, and I moderately enjoyed the movies (especially the second one). And from what I've heard about it, it's alright.
epic

Doom Legions
Minister

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:21 am

Sunstruck wrote:Yeah, it wouldn't have been so bad had I had other interests, but it's just nothing interests me.
I can't even bother to fully participate in NS. I finally found a region with a few active roleplays but I can't for the life of me start writing. Hell, I can't even listen to any genre of music right now. Guess that's just a personal problem, though, as I haven't even seen Legend of the Everfree yet, and I moderately enjoyed the movies (especially the second one). And from what I've heard about it, it's alright.

If you're looking for something new to get invested in, might I suggest videogames? There's so many of them that there's got to be something among them to spark your interest.
Cum is stored in the brain, and I've got a headache.
Born2shit4ced2wipe
All of my friends are dead (:

Sunstruck
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sunstruck » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:58 am

Doom Legions wrote:
Sunstruck wrote:Yeah, it wouldn't have been so bad had I had other interests, but it's just nothing interests me.

If you're looking for something new to get invested in, might I suggest videogames? There's so many of them that there's got to be something among them to spark your interest.

Funny you should mention that, a graphics card is on its way. My problem with video games is I feel like I'm wasting away doing nothing eventful, but someone gifted me the entire STALKER series and Soma so I have something to do. I've not really played horror games before so that'll be interesting. Thanks for that though, do you have any suggestions?
And to make this post pony-related, just saw the Pinkie Pie vs Deadpool death battle. It was glorious. Hands-down my favorite death battle of all time. Everyone needs to watch it, if you haven't already. And watch the intro too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T5QzLD5koc
epic

Kollin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:42 am

Sunstruck wrote:
Doom Legions wrote:If you're looking for something new to get invested in, might I suggest videogames? There's so many of them that there's got to be something among them to spark your interest.

Funny you should mention that, a graphics card is on its way. My problem with video games is I feel like I'm wasting away doing nothing eventful, but someone gifted me the entire STALKER series and Soma so I have something to do. I've not really played horror games before so that'll be interesting. Thanks for that though, do you have any suggestions?
And to make this post pony-related, just saw the Pinkie Pie vs Deadpool death battle. It was glorious. Hands-down my favorite death battle of all time. Everyone needs to watch it, if you haven't already. And watch the intro too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T5QzLD5koc

Doom and i already discussed our confirmed predictions of that battle's ending :P

i mean it was just SO OBVIOUS.

Sunstruck
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sunstruck » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:00 am

Yeah, no complaints here
epic

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:00 pm

Frenequesta wrote:
Sinovet wrote:Oh my various gods has this thread slowed to a crawl

What happened to the goid old days when I could vanish for eons and find four threads have gone by...

Iffy left, and Derp went to TET.

Suprise! Did I miss the reunion party?
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frenequesta » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:05 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Frenequesta wrote:Iffy left, and Derp went to TET.

Suprise! Did I miss the reunion party?

*boops back*
It's just getting started.
I’m mostly here for... something to do, I suppose.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:06 pm

Frenequesta wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Suprise! Did I miss the reunion party?

*boops back*
It's just getting started.

Yay! :hug:

Let's party!

Doom Legions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:10 pm

Sunstruck wrote:
Doom Legions wrote:If you're looking for something new to get invested in, might I suggest videogames? There's so many of them that there's got to be something among them to spark your interest.

Well I could give you some suggestions but the question is what kind of games do you like? And your budget of course. If you are indeed going to play STALKER and find out you like the horror genre, I can suggest Alien: Isolation, neat game.
I myself have recently gotten back into Planetside 2, if you like overly chaotic battles with way more people than there should be that's deffo a game for you.
But really, depends on what genres you like. I play almost all of them so I can give you some decent suggestions either way.

If you want to see Ponies in your videogames, there are some with great pony mods. Starbound has a great mod that makes ponies playable and even lets you build your very own pony settlements, Civilization V has some neat mods that add Pony Civilizations(something I'm hoping will soon come to civ VI too), Skyrim and Fallout 4 got Crimes Against nature, which lets you play as an anthro pony, amongst other things, has pretty good models too. Stellaris also has several pony mods, but that game really requires a shitton of patience..

Also yeah, I'd say that death battle was a proper success, certainly better recieved than their last one featuring a pony. XD
Born2shit4ced2wipe

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:15 pm

Sunstruck
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sunstruck » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Doom Legions wrote:Well I could give you some suggestions but the question is what kind of games do you like? And your budget of course. If you are indeed going to play STALKER and find out you like the horror genre, I can suggest Alien: Isolation, neat game.
I myself have recently gotten back into Planetside 2, if you like overly chaotic battles with way more people than there should be that's deffo a game for you.
But really, depends on what genres you like. I play almost all of them so I can give you some decent suggestions either way.

If you want to see Ponies in your videogames, there are some with great pony mods. Starbound has a great mod that makes ponies playable and even lets you build your very own pony settlements, Civilization V has some neat mods that add Pony Civilizations(something I'm hoping will soon come to civ VI too), Skyrim and Fallout 4 got Crimes Against nature, which lets you play as an anthro pony, amongst other things, has pretty good models too. Stellaris also has several pony mods, but that game really requires a shitton of patience..

Also yeah, I'd say that death battle was a proper success, certainly better recieved than their last one featuring a pony. XD

Huh. Starbound has been collecting dust in my steam library recently. I've played through Terraria multiple times and kind of forgot Starbound existed. And I'm seriously disappointed that I failed to pick up Civ V while it was on sale. I only have the third game right now. Now that I think about it, I should've picked up Skyrim too, I only have it on PS3 and that's not moddable.
Thanks for the pone
epic

Sunstruck
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sunstruck » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:46 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:cuteness

There is no way those scarves are going to stay on. They're thousands of meters up in the air.
Last edited by Sunstruck on Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epic

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:50 pm

Sunstruck wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:cuteness

There is no way those scarves are going to stay on. They're thousands of meters up in the air.

No, there having a snow ball fight on the ground. Silly.

silly sun horse

Scootalove
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Doom Legions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:01 pm

Sunstruck wrote:
Doom Legions wrote:Well I could give you some suggestions but the question is what kind of games do you like? And your budget of course. If you are indeed going to play STALKER and find out you like the horror genre, I can suggest Alien: Isolation, neat game.

Huh. Starbound has been collecting dust in my steam library recently. I've played through Terraria multiple times and kind of forgot Starbound existed. And I'm seriously disappointed that I failed to pick up Civ V while it was on sale. I only have the third game right now. Now that I think about it, I should've picked up Skyrim too, I only have it on PS3 and that's not moddable.
Thanks for the pone

Myeah, Starbound doesn't offer an experience that can rival Terraria, but it can still be quite entertaining, atleast imo.
A shame you missed them, but they're on sale literally everytime there is a sale and knowing Steam there's gonna be a sale soon, there are always incoming sales.
Born2shit4ced2wipe

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:59 pm

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:39 pm

Hmmm, all these Amazon gift cards from Christmas. Better use them soon. But what to buy?

Shoulder Devil: Waste it all on Equestria Girls Minis!
Shoulder Angel: No, don't! That is not economically sound!
Shoulder Devil: Oh please, like anything you buy from Amazon will be? Come on, they're YOUR gift cards...
Shoulder Angel: Where are you even going to put all those minis?! Huh?!
Shoulder Devil: Oh, you'll figure something out...~
Shoulder Angel: Before you know it, you'll try to collect them all! That's what Hasbro wants you to do, don't fall for it Gio!
Shoulder Devil: Oh WHATEVER, you'll have a job soon anyways and you still live with your mom! You'll be able to collect them all!
Shoulder Angel: DON'T DO IT!
Shoulder Devil: DO IT!

*sweats*
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:43 pm

Giovenith wrote:Hmmm, all these Amazon gift cards from Christmas. Better use them soon. But what to buy?

Shoulder Devil: Oh please, like anything you buy from Amazon will be? Come on, they're YOUR gift cards...
Shoulder Angel: Before you know it, you'll try to collect them all! That's what Hasbro wants you to do, don't fall for it Gio!
Shoulder Devil: Oh WHATEVER, you'll have a job soon anyways and you still live with your mom! You'll be able to collect them all!

*sweats*

I hate that feel.

https://derpicdn.net/img/2017/1/16/1340886/large.png

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Postby Frenequesta » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:31 pm

Giovenith wrote:Hmmm, all these Amazon gift cards from Christmas. Better use them soon. But what to buy?

*sweats*

I listened to the shoulder devil for these blind bag ponies on stands, and before the stuff went off the shelf I had multiple copies of Rarity and Applejack, and still no Celestia and Pinkie Pie.

Doom Legions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:37 pm

Born2shit4ced2wipe

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Postby Frenequesta » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:19 pm

I've never even heard that one before.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:00 pm

Amistrinal
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Amistrinal » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:39 pm

Alright, so I finally watchedf Equestria Girls: Legend of the Everfree. Thought it was good, some of the songs were a little meh, liked some of them, thought the animation and jokes were good (that stinger was amazing), some of it confused me (SUDDENLY MAGICAL GIRL OUTFITS) but most of all, it gave me a lot of speculation.

Alright, so I've thought about the whole geodes thing, and how it's Equestrian magic, apparently leaking from the statue.

Here's my best guess: The geodes are really, really early elements of harmony. They naturally attuned to the group, probably because in the other universe, the main six are the elements of harmony, so maybe it recognized the connection.

As for the unique powers (diamonds, exploding confetti)... I've got nothing. It kind of relates to special talent, but was Applejack's talent being super strong? I didn't think it was. And Rarity could find gems, not make shields, so it seems more like a unicorn power modified by talent.

Aha, but wait! What about sunset? Sunset's talent was... magic, I think? So how does that translate into memory-reading? Why was there an extra element of harmony just for her? There are two answers I've come up with.

Either A: The geodes popped up from equestrian magic AFTER sunset reformed/had contact with the original elements of harmony, it recognized that contact and another crystal formed.

Or B: There is/was another element of harmony in Equestria, but it was lost/destroyed and that's why we only ever see six. The human-verse, having made new, updated elements of harmony, has the seventh element in tact because nothing has happened to it yet.

This got me thinking about another thing. Why is Equestrian magic working so smoothly in the human-verse? The best explanation I can think of is that it's trying to make things "right" in accordance to how it thinks the world could be. Everybody is there but people are the wrong shape? If it can get enough power, start correcting that by giving ears/extra hair/wings. There's an everfree that isn't overgrown and doesn't have elements of harmony? Start growing them in a place where a person, if corrupted by equestrian magic, could cause a lot of plant growth.

The everfree forest doesn't have any docks! That's gotta go right now. as many times as it takes.

So, thoughts?
I enjoy role-playing and ponies. I'm also descended from French kings, English kings, and Vikings. Can't speak anything other than English though.

Current catchphrase: "keep on keepin' on."

Selljoke, Jester of many courts.

Auzkhia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Auzkhia » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:12 pm

Me irl. (she/her/it)
IC name: Celestial Empire of the Romans
Imperial-Royal Statement on NS Stats
Factbook Embassy App
Trans Lesbian Non-binary Lady Greco-Roman Pagan Socialist

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Immoren » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:15 am

IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction