NATION

PASSWORD

Rainbledon: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sunstruck
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sunstruck » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:15 am

Oops, I stopped watching the show mid-season 5. Let's see what I missed.
another princess.
kay.
what happened to mlp
epic

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:17 am

Sunstruck wrote:Oops, I stopped watching the show mid-season 5. Let's see what I missed.
another princess.
kay.
what happened to mlp

I didn't mind Flurry... Shes kinda cute.

Sunstruck
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sunstruck » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:38 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Sunstruck wrote:Oops, I stopped watching the show mid-season 5. Let's see what I missed.
another princess.
kay.
what happened to mlp

I didn't mind Flurry... Shes kinda cute.

but
but why
how come there's only been two (three? is cadence as old as celly/luna) alicorns this entire time when they could've had children with unicorns to make more? sure, celestia and luna might not want kids, but then how come an alicorn can breed with a unicorn to make another alicorn? And what about Twilight?
Is it random? Is the new alicorn going to have half its powers due to breeding, or do alicorns not breed at all and just use MAGICS? :blink:

I don't mind there being a new alicorn so much as I do her color scheme. And if she becomes a princess, what would she even rule?
epic

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:43 pm

Sunstruck wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:I didn't mind Flurry... Shes kinda cute.

but
but why
how come there's only been two (three? is cadence as old as celly/luna) alicorns this entire time when they could've had children with unicorns to make more? sure, celestia and luna might not want kids, but then how come an alicorn can breed with a unicorn to make another alicorn? And what about Twilight?
Is it random? Is the new alicorn going to have half its powers due to breeding, or do alicorns not breed at all and just use MAGICS? :blink:

I don't mind there being a new alicorn so much as I do her color scheme. And if she becomes a princess, what would she even rule?

I think you are confused. Most alcorn's earn there wings/horns by good deeds.

Maybe it was beacuse of pure love between shining armor and Cadence.

If she becomes a princess, I'd assume she rules the crystal empire if Cadence/shining armor passes away.

Also, her color scheme is ok.

Dragoria
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dragoria » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:01 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Also, her color scheme is ok.

As someone who's fine with the new changelings, no, it really isn't.
"Alliances are fun. I'm in. Unless this is an alliance which I already joined, in which case I'm out. Quint's an asshole." ~Quintolania
"I thought you were like the manliest man ever. If someone told me you were a brilliant swordsman and hunted deer on foot and unarmed, I wouldn't have thought that it was much of an exaggeration." ~Murbleflip

Que Sera, Sera

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:49 pm

Dragoria wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Also, her color scheme is ok.

As someone who's fine with the new changelings, no, it really isn't.

I like here color design, reminds me of cotton candy.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:06 pm

Sunstruck wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:I didn't mind Flurry... Shes kinda cute.

but
but why

Just recite the mantra.

"Repeat to yourself, 'It's just a show, I should really just relax."
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:19 pm

Silly shining

I got to say to the thread, it's good to be home.
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragoria
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dragoria » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:30 pm

Dragoria wrote:As someone who's fine with the new changelings, no, it really isn't.

I like her color design, reminds me of cotton candy.

Cyan and Fuchsia, Herp! You don't put Cyan and Fuchsia together! That's like putting hot sauce on Altoids! Only as colors. They fight, dangit! Some colors fight each other and those two are one of the worst pairs.
If you desaturated one or both of them that changes things. Takes the oomph out of em, makes 'em not so punchy.
But they didn't! They just slapped 'em right in there! And now I have to live in a world with baby princess ClashingMane.

Deco Pink would be more cotton candy than Fuchsia if they dialed back the Cyan a tad to almost a Sky. But maybe they make the cotton candy radioactive where you live, I dunno.
"Alliances are fun. I'm in. Unless this is an alliance which I already joined, in which case I'm out. Quint's an asshole." ~Quintolania
"I thought you were like the manliest man ever. If someone told me you were a brilliant swordsman and hunted deer on foot and unarmed, I wouldn't have thought that it was much of an exaggeration." ~Murbleflip

Que Sera, Sera

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:58 am

Dragoria wrote:
I like her color design, reminds me of cotton candy.

Cyan and Fuchsia, Herp! You don't put Cyan and Fuchsia together! That's like putting hot sauce on Altoids! Only as colors. They fight, dangit! Some colors fight each other and those two are one of the worst pairs.
If you desaturated one or both of them that changes things. Takes the oomph out of em, makes 'em not so punchy.
But they didn't! They just slapped 'em right in there! And now I have to live in a world with baby princess ClashingMane.

Deco Pink would be more cotton candy than Fuchsia if they dialed back the Cyan a tad to almost a Sky. But maybe they make the cotton candy radioactive where you live, I dunno.

I just don't see it?

Sunstruck
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sunstruck » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:48 am

Sunstruck wrote:but
but why

If she becomes a princess, I'd assume she rules the crystal empire if Cadence/shining armor passes away.

3/5 alicorns were born into their breed. And are you saying that only one relationship in Equestria experienced real through love? I'm not buying that, Equestria is a pretty damn happy place.
Her taking over for Cadence is fair enough.
epic

Sunstruck
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sunstruck » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:49 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Sunstruck wrote:but
but why

Just recite the mantra.

"Repeat to yourself, 'It's just a show, I should really just relax."

No, never! Ponies are life!
epic

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:08 am

Sunstruck wrote:

3/5 alicorns were born into their breed. And are you saying that only one relationship in Equestria experienced real through love? I'm not buying that, Equestria is a pretty damn happy place.

No, none of them were born into alcorn's until Flurry heart came in.

That's not what I meant, Cadence being the princess of Love would have more love than most ponies.

Sunstruck
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sunstruck » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:11 am

Sunstruck wrote:3/5 alicorns were born into their breed. And are you saying that only one relationship in Equestria experienced real through love? I'm not buying that, Equestria is a pretty damn happy place.

That's not what I meant, Cadence being the princess of Love would have more love than most ponies.

Celestia and Luna weren't born into their race?
So your theory is that Cadence is allowed to have alicorn kids because she's an alicorn and she apparently has more love than anypony else. Are you suggesting that other parents love their children less, and that if you love your child more, it's more likely to be your race?
That's kinda racist. Maybe alicorn genes are just dominant.
epic

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:22 am

Sunstruck wrote:

Celestia and Luna weren't born into their race?
So your theory is that Cadence is allowed to have alicorn kids because she's an alicorn and she apparently has more love than anypony else. Are you suggesting that other parents love their children less, and that if you love your child more, it's more likely to be your race?

No, Sun horse and Moon Horse literally say that "She is the first ever born alicorn."

"the birth of an Alicorn is something Equestria has never seen".

No, its beacuse she is the Princess of Love.

Nothing to do with race, just that Princess of Love has more love then the any other pony.
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frenequesta » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:13 am

Sunstruck wrote:Celestia and Luna weren't born into their race?

No, Sun horse and Moon Horse literally say that "She is the first ever born alicorn."

Nothing to do with race, just that Princess of Love has more love then the any other pony.

Not only that, they also say that the birth of an alicorn is "beyond [their] understanding." Ponies have at least a rudimentary concept of genetics (and I'm not just referencing "Baby Cakes"--ponies do farm and raise animals, so they likely know something about what varieties breed true, hybridization, etc.) so by saying it's beyond their understanding indicates that it's not a matter of basic genetics. Maybe epigenetics?

As to Sunstruck: Remember that in the MLP universe love is not just an abstract concept or sentiment--it is in itself a form of magic. It's not wholly absurd to think that love qua magic influences one's progeny. It could be that having more love makes it more likely to have an alicorn child, rather than one's own race, regardless of race.
I’m mostly here for... something to do, I suppose.

Sunstruck
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sunstruck » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:16 pm

Frenequesta wrote:

Not only that, they also say that the birth of an alicorn is "beyond [their] understanding." Ponies have at least a rudimentary concept of genetics (and I'm not just referencing "Baby Cakes"--ponies do farm and raise animals, so they likely know something about what varieties breed true, hybridization, etc.) so by saying it's beyond their understanding indicates that it's not a matter of basic genetics. Maybe epigenetics?

As to Sunstruck: Remember that in the MLP universe love is not just an abstract concept or sentiment--it is in itself a form of magic. It's not wholly absurd to think that love qua magic influences one's progeny. It could be that having more love makes it more likely to have an alicorn child, rather than one's own race, regardless of race.

They did? I've been out of touch with the series for far too long. I hope that Luna and Celestia were born into their position, even if they don't know it or remember exactly how they came to be, because those two being the first or last of an alicorn race is just too epic a thought to pass up on.

I wish the story direction would've leaned less on more princess and more on Twilight's quest of learning and development. I'm still sore about season 3. It felt way too early for her transformation. Hell, if the show ended at the last episode of season 2, that would have been fine too.

But it's not fair for me to stay stuck in the past, in the glorified days of bronydom. Watching the show again doesn't have that same sparkle it used to. I'm starting to notice more flaws, more imperfections. The characters are still amazing and true to themselves the majority of the time thankfully, and they're a very important part of the series. It's like the community has focused more on the fan content than the show itself, tho. The art, the fanfiction, the music (Moonrise is still great), the games. I'm guilty of this. Most of my days in the fandom were spent on fimfiction. Which isn't bad, I'm just starting to wonder if bronies really love the show, or if they really love the content that fans produce. Or both. There's even a fimfic author that named her daughter after Trixie. The show is a powerful influence on our lives. To this day, I still wonder how it all happened, how it was all possible.

you win, Faust
epic

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:18 pm

Sunstruck wrote:
Frenequesta wrote:Not only that, they also say that the birth of an alicorn is "beyond [their] understanding." Ponies have at least a rudimentary concept of genetics (and I'm not just referencing "Baby Cakes"--ponies do farm and raise animals, so they likely know something about what varieties breed true, hybridization, etc.) so by saying it's beyond their understanding indicates that it's not a matter of basic genetics. Maybe epigenetics?

They did? I've been out of touch with the series for far too long. I hope that Luna and Celestia were born into their position, even if they don't know it or remember exactly how they came to be, because those two being the first or last of an alicorn race is just too epic a thought to pass up on.

I wish the story direction would've leaned less on more princess and more on Twilight's quest of learning and development. I'm still sore about season 3. It felt way too early for her transformation. Hell, if the show ended at the last episode of season 2, that would have been fine too.

But it's not fair for me to stay stuck in the past, in the glorified days of bronydom. Watching the show again doesn't have that same sparkle it used to. I'm starting to notice more flaws, more imperfections. The characters are still amazing and true to themselves the majority of the time thankfully, and they're a very important part of the series. It's like the community has focused more on the fan content than the show itself, tho. The art, the fanfiction, the music (Moonrise is still great), the games. I'm guilty of this. Most of my days in the fandom were spent on fimfiction. Which isn't bad, I'm just starting to wonder if bronies really love the show, or if they really love the content that fans produce. Or both. There's even a fimfic author that named her daughter after Trixie. The show is a powerful influence on our lives. To this day, I still wonder how it all happened, how it was all possible.

you win, Faust

While I disagree with season three,the later seasons have more scootalove and we finally got a Royal sisters epsode!

Dragoria
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dragoria » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:56 pm

A thought occurred to me.
Shitty movie tie-in shovelware video games.

That is all.

Que Sera, Sera

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:48 pm

Dragoria wrote:A thought occurred to me.

That is all.

Most likely no.

Floza
Civilian

Founded: Sep 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Floza » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:54 am

Dragoria wrote:A thought occurred to me.

That is all.

Uh, hell yea.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:58 am

Sunstruck
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sunstruck » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:08 am

Equestria is destined to be taken over by Pinkie Pie in some way, shape, or form.
Thoughts?
epic

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:13 am

Sunstruck wrote:Equestria is destined to be taken over by Pinkie Pie in some way, shape, or form.
Thoughts?

The party will last forever!

Sunstruck
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sunstruck » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:00 pm

Sunstruck wrote:Equestria is destined to be taken over by Pinkie Pie in some way, shape, or form.
Thoughts?

The party will last forever!

http://img09.deviantart.net/e624/i/2012 ... 5917ed.png
heck yea
epic

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction