NATION

PASSWORD

Sid Meier's Civilization Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:36 pm

I remember Civ II: The Test of Time; the Fantasy gameplay was my favorite. The one based on Norse mythology.

I got it after enjoying Civ III, which eventually lead me to acquire Civ IV and upload Fall from Heaven II. A squeal to the Fall from Heaven mod.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Czardom Republic
Attaché

Founded: Jan 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Czardom Republic » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:13 am

I love Civ V, it's my second favourite game of all time. If someone has it on steam and wants to play a game, TG me, Im not often available however.

Meridiani Planum
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 03, 2006
Capitalizt

Postby Meridiani Planum » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:26 am

My favorite (out of those that I have played) is actually Alpha Centauri. Does anyone else like that one?
I shall choose friends among men, but neither slaves nor masters.
- Ayn Rand

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:34 am

Meridiani Planum wrote:My favorite (out of those that I have played) is actually Alpha Centauri. Does anyone else like that one?

Yes, too bad it's not available anymore. It really had the most powerful story and most charismatic characters, more developed than any other in the franchise (and certainly much more than the ones in Beyond:Earth)
My favorite one is actually Sister Miriam Godwinson.
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

United Labor Front
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United Labor Front » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:32 pm

Jute wrote:
Meridiani Planum wrote:My favorite (out of those that I have played) is actually Alpha Centauri. Does anyone else like that one?

Yes, too bad it's not available anymore. It really had the most powerful story and most charismatic characters, more developed than any other in the franchise (and certainly much more than the ones in Beyond:Earth)
My favorite one is actually Sister Miriam Godwinson.

You can buy Alpha Centauri on gog for $6. Unofficial updates are available here.

Tsaraine
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsaraine » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:45 pm

This thread hadn't been posted on in a year, United Labour Front. Resurrecting the dead is bad form.

~ Tsar the Mod

Previous

Return to Arts & Fiction