NATION

PASSWORD

The Steven Universe Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sinovet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sinovet » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:44 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Sinovet wrote:Christ, how and why

Cause it's the (Amazingly unnecessary) sequel to "Tiger Millionaire".

What's next, Tiger Benefactor?

Fuckin Tiger Rockefeller?

J.P. Universe?

Dragoria
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dragoria » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:19 pm

Christ, either I blinked or that episode didn't bother to have a plot.
"Alliances are fun. I'm in. Unless this is an alliance which I already joined, in which case I'm out. Quint's an asshole." ~Quintolania
"I thought you were like the manliest man ever. If someone told me you were a brilliant swordsman and hunted deer on foot and unarmed, I wouldn't have thought that it was much of an exaggeration." ~Murbleflip

Que Sera, Sera

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:14 pm

Dragoria wrote:Christ, either I blinked or that episode didn't bother to have a plot.

Pretty much. Some people have tried using "Amethyst doesn't hate herself anymore" as the plot, but I'm not buying. Especially since she was around for all of maybe 2 minutes the entire episode.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Dragoria
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dragoria » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:19 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Dragoria wrote:Christ, either I blinked or that episode didn't bother to have a plot.

Pretty much. Some people have tried using "Amethyst doesn't hate herself anymore" as the plot, but I'm not buying. Especially since she was around for all of maybe 2 minutes the entire episode.

"Steven does shit to make other people happy rather than have his own thoughts"
Thrilling.
"Alliances are fun. I'm in. Unless this is an alliance which I already joined, in which case I'm out. Quint's an asshole." ~Quintolania
"I thought you were like the manliest man ever. If someone told me you were a brilliant swordsman and hunted deer on foot and unarmed, I wouldn't have thought that it was much of an exaggeration." ~Murbleflip

Que Sera, Sera

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:54 pm

Dragoria wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Pretty much. Some people have tried using "Amethyst doesn't hate herself anymore" as the plot, but I'm not buying. Especially since she was around for all of maybe 2 minutes the entire episode.

"Steven does shit to make other people happy rather than have his own thoughts"
Thrilling.

More accurately "Steven does shit to make Lars happy rather than have his own thoughts".

A plot which wore out its welcome ages ago.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Dragoria
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dragoria » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:09 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Dragoria wrote:"Steven does shit to make other people happy rather than have his own thoughts"
Thrilling.

More accurately "Steven does shit to make Lars happy rather than have his own thoughts".

But the whole reason he got into the wrestling to begin with, which set up the foundation for this steaming mess to happen, and wound up quitting at the end of the episode after all, was to "make Amethyst happy rather than have his own thoughts".

Que Sera, Sera

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:21 pm

Dragoria wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:More accurately "Steven does shit to make Lars happy rather than have his own thoughts".

But the whole reason he got into the wrestling to begin with, which set up the foundation for this steaming mess to happen, and wound up quitting at the end of the episode after all, was to "make Amethyst happy rather than have his own thoughts".

Hadn't thought about that...I like it even less now.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Sinovet
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinovet » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:09 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Dragoria wrote:"Steven does shit to make other people happy rather than have his own thoughts"
Thrilling.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Just Lars. That's it. Laaaaaars.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:11 pm

Sinovet wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:More accurately "Steven does shit to make Lars happy rather than have his own thoughts".

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I know. He's like a bad itch that just refuses to go away.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Sinovet
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinovet » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:15 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Sinovet wrote:Couldn't have said it better myself.

I know. He's like a bad itch that just refuses to go away.

Seriously though. Ronaldo and Lars back to back. Its like they're trying to make me cheer for Yellow.

Oh what's that? Make a bunch of gem stuff? Get rid of all the humans? Do more plot? Well, sign me the fuck up.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:17 pm

Sinovet wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I know. He's like a bad itch that just refuses to go away.

Seriously though. Ronaldo and Lars back to back. Its like they're trying to make me cheer for Yellow.

Oh what's that? Make a bunch of gem stuff? Get rid of all the humans? Do more plot? Well, sign me the fuck up.

Well, you should be psyched to know the next episode is titled
'Room For Ruby".
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Sinovet
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinovet » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:18 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Sinovet wrote:Seriously though. Ronaldo and Lars back to back. Its like they're trying to make me cheer for Yellow.

'Room For Ruby".

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This show is a cruel mistress

Dragoria
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dragoria » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:31 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Sinovet wrote:Seriously though. Ronaldo and Lars back to back. Its like they're trying to make me cheer for Yellow.

'Room For Ruby".

When they were taking the ruby ship to the human zoo and one of the 5 search rubies bounced off the windshield one of the gems did say something to the effect of "we should probably do something about them" iirc. It may have been Garnet. Potentially relevant?

Que Sera, Sera

Sinovet
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinovet » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:33 pm

Dragoria wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Well, you should be psyched to know the next episode is titled
'Room For Ruby".

When they were taking the ruby ship to the human zoo and one of the 5 search rubies bounced off the windshield one of the gems did say something to the effect of "we should probably do something about them" iirc. It may have been Garnet. Potentially relevant?

Ooooh, I forgot about those guys.

Yeah, that'd be fun.

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:48 pm

Charnea wrote:With Ronaldo, its like he tries to rip Steven in half like a lunatic and then he's like oh, my bad. And everyone just rolls with it. Like that's it, once line of dialogue and its fine, its cool, no hard feelings.

I reckon it's because he's overall pretty ineffective. It's not even clear that he had even a spitting chance of killing Steven.

Sinovet wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Cause it's the (Amazingly unnecessary) sequel to "Tiger Millionaire".

What's next, Tiger Benefactor?

Fuckin Tiger Rockefeller?

J.P. Universe?

I vote for "Tiger Patron" myself.

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Abserdia » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:50 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

'Room For Ruby".

Don't get too excited...

Episode titles are known to be misleading.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Charnea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charnea » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:33 pm

Dragoria wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Well, you should be psyched to know the next episode is titled
'Room For Ruby".

Its room for Ruby though. Not room for rubies.

If it is that, and they get all the rubies, I'm going to be annoyed because they forgot to make it plural.

Auldenland
Secretary

Founded: Feb 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auldenland » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:40 pm

If the crystal gems want to protect the Earth- why do they love humans?
Humans are detrimental to the environment and have to be exterminated before they advance to a stage to where they can go to other planets and cause the same type of destruction as home world gems would have and did to Earth. If you try to debunk this truth by saying that these humans are different, I only need to say one thing to defend the harmfulness of the disgusting pig meat bipeds. Jersey, Steven even told Lapis "Hey you could live in Jersey, They seem to hate the Earth too."
Humans also look at other animals the same way home world gems looked at them. Humans don't care about the other living things on Earth, they are selfish.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:53 pm

Auldenland wrote:If the crystal gems want to protect the Earth- why do they love humans?

Gonna stop you there. Love is a bit of a stretch. They love maybe 1 (Steven, and he's only half.) They like some others (Connie, Greg, Vidalia) but love is a bit of a stretch.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Charnea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Charnea » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:07 pm

Auldenland wrote:If the crystal gems want to protect the Earth- why do they love humans?
Humans are detrimental to the environment and have to be exterminated before they advance to a stage to where they can go to other planets and cause the same type of destruction as home world gems would have and did to Earth. If you try to debunk this truth by saying that these humans are different, I only need to say one thing to defend the harmfulness of the disgusting pig meat bipeds. Jersey, Steven even told Lapis "Hey you could live in Jersey, They seem to hate the Earth too."
Humans also look at other animals the same way home world gems looked at them. Humans don't care about the other living things on Earth, they are selfish.

They don't love humans, they love all the organic life and whatnot.

What, you really think Rose and Co declared war on everything they ever knew for prehistoric man? I think nawt.

You gotta remember the Crystal Gems started doing there thing before the dawn of human civilization, if the lore we've been given so far is to be trusted. At that point, humans are just slightly less hairy tool using apes, not a whole lot special about them.

You'll notice the Crystal Gems are all about protecting *Earth*, not necessarily humans (though they just so happen to go hand in hand sometimes)

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Abserdia » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:25 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

Gonna stop you there. Love is a bit of a stretch. They love maybe 1 (Steven, and he's only half.) They like some others (Connie, Greg, Vidalia) but love is a bit of a stretch.

Yeah. Rose was the only one who seemingly loved humans as a whole, while the others simply love the planet and the life on it, as Charnea said.
Last edited by Abserdia on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:30 pm

New episode title came out.
"Lion 4: Alternate Ending"

Squee.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Charnea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Charnea » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:18 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:New episode title came out.
"Lion 4: Alternate Ending"

Squee.

I'm excited
Last edited by Charnea on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragoria
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dragoria » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:19 pm

I just hope we get an episode that actually somehow relates to the larger plot again at some point.

Que Sera, Sera

Charnea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Charnea » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:22 pm

Dragoria wrote:I just hope we get an episode that actually somehow relates to the larger plot again at some point.

I know, right?

God I'm starving for some plot!

I'm spoiled for plot heavy shows as of late, I'm thus far very disappoint with Steven Universe since the Human Zoo bits came out.
Last edited by Charnea on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction