NATION

PASSWORD

Metal Thread 2: In Metal There Is No Law

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:35 pm

Corrian wrote:I know it's like, supposed to be a part of black metal or something, but intentionally tuning your recording down to shitty quality actually turns me off from a lot of music/black metal. Sure, it works to some degree, and different recording techniques is fine, or if you don't have a lot of money and CAN'T record high quality, then yeah. But intentionally making it sound like you recorded on a toaster or something? Big turn off for me. But that black metal is usually shitty anyway, so.

Shit quality tends to result in shit music, so no surprise there.
#FeelTheBern
Don't call them ISIS/ISIL/IS, call them Daesh. They hate that.

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:36 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:
Corrian wrote:I know it's like, supposed to be a part of black metal or something, but intentionally tuning your recording down to shitty quality actually turns me off from a lot of music/black metal. Sure, it works to some degree, and different recording techniques is fine, or if you don't have a lot of money and CAN'T record high quality, then yeah. But intentionally making it sound like you recorded on a toaster or something? Big turn off for me. But that black metal is usually shitty anyway, so.

Black metal exists...your point is invalid.
Lars Ulrich: Hello, Dave. Look at your band. Now back to mine. Now back at your band. Now back to mine. Sadly, your band isn't mine, but if they stopped playing pure thrash metal and switched to a tough guy version of Motley Crue, they could sell like they're Metallica! Look down, back up, where are you? You're on the high road, taking it higher like a super collider. That album was great. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's a hard drive with all the private information of the users we banned from Napster. Look again, the hard drive is now Babymetal. Anything is possible when your band reeks of pop. I'm wearing a thong.

Varg Vikernes can fuck off.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:51 pm

Wow...Nazarene...you're right...

This thread looks much cleaner now.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:56 pm

Oh boy, Razorfist just made a Metal Mythos for Iron Maiden...this is gonna be snobby in the highest degree.

EDIT: Fuck this guy. Seriously. Fuck this guy, his ridiculously self-righteous attitude, and his desperate attempts to be edgy.
Last edited by Kiaculta on Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lars Ulrich: Hello, Dave. Look at your band. Now back to mine. Now back at your band. Now back to mine. Sadly, your band isn't mine, but if they stopped playing pure thrash metal and switched to a tough guy version of Motley Crue, they could sell like they're Metallica! Look down, back up, where are you? You're on the high road, taking it higher like a super collider. That album was great. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's a hard drive with all the private information of the users we banned from Napster. Look again, the hard drive is now Babymetal. Anything is possible when your band reeks of pop. I'm wearing a thong.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:40 pm

I've got another song idea for my nationalistic album!

It'd be called "Lt. Niegolewski".

It's about Lieutenant Andrzej Niegolewski, who was part of the Polish lancer unit under Napoleon. They were all highly decorated after the Battle of Somosierra (Spain), not because of its strategic importance (it was really not a battle that accomplished much, but you know, of course us Poles have to go all fucking out when it comes to shit) but because of the sheer bravery they showed throughout the battle.

First, Napoleon's orders to charge a nearby battery were misunderstood, so the Polish cavalry charged over entire mountains and rocky hills, constantly uphill and constantly under fire to reach the farthest batteries. Yet they somehow made it there and fought. Napoleon rolled with it and tried to help, but they were so far that they had to tough it out for a while.

And then there was Niegolewski. Quite a few Polish generals were already slain, but he was personally leading an attack on a well-fortified battery. During the fighting he was shot directly in the head with a musket. He then got back up and continued fighting. As he fought, he also suffered 9 bayonet stabs, and still continued fighting. He was finally put down when a Spaniard shot him directly in the head - the second direct headshot the officer had taken. Napoleon found him laying on the rocks by this battery after it was taken, and took off his own medal (it was the highest possible medal, I think, but I forget the name) and pinned it on Niegolewski.

Turns out he was still breathing, somehow. So they took him to the medical tent even though most soldiers said there was no way he was going to make it. Well after a couple days of rest Niegolewski stood back up and was completely fine again. This man took two musket rounds to the head, and 9 bayonet stabs into his body, and fully recovered after the battle. Niegolewski is the Polish Chuck Norris, wait, no, Chuck Norris is the American Niegolewski.

So I'm going to immortalize his story and his name for all eternity with a song dedicated to him and his fighting in Somosierra. Already have a few lines of lyrics written.

EDIT: After fact-checking a second time, replace musket with carbine. Niegolewski did not take two musket shots to the head, he took two carbine shots to the head, along with the mentioned bayonet wounds.
Last edited by NeuPolska on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:46 pm

Kiaculta wrote:Black metal exists...your point is invalid.

Most black metal with the intentionally crappy quality is some of the shittiest black metal, though.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:03 pm

Corrian wrote:
Kiaculta wrote:Black metal exists...your point is invalid.

Most black metal with the intentionally crappy quality is some of the shittiest black metal, though.

Immortal?
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:02 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:Immortal?

Haven't listened to them much yet, so I can't say. I wasn't drawn into them enough to even try, but I'll probably try again.
My Last.FM and RYM

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:03 am

I have accepted the ways of Al Qaynah into my life. <3
Galloism wrote:Or we can go with feminism doesn't exist. We all imagined it. Collectively.
You can't fight the friction
Women belong in the kitchen
Men belong in the kitchen
Everyone belongs in the kitchen
Kitchen has food
I have brought dishonor to my gaming clan
Achesia wrote:Threads like this is why I need to stop coming to NSG....

Marethian Lupanar of Teladre wrote:A bright and cheerful mountain village of chapel-goers~

The Archregimancy wrote:
Hagia Sophia is best church.

Major-Tom wrote:Why am I full of apathy?

I'm just here to be the peanut gallery
уσυ нανєи'т gσт тнє fυℓℓ єffє¢т

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:25 am

The Alexanderians wrote:I have accepted the ways of Al Qaynah into my life. <3

Sadly, they only have like 4 songs and seem to have disappeared.
My Last.FM and RYM

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:34 am

Corrian wrote:

Sadly, they only have like 4 songs and seem to have disappeared.

*cries* some other bands like them popped up on my youtube page so my hunger for folk metal from our sandy brothers shall be sated...for now.
Galloism wrote:Or we can go with feminism doesn't exist. We all imagined it. Collectively.
Kitchen has food

Marethian Lupanar of Teladre wrote:A bright and cheerful mountain village of chapel-goers~

The Archregimancy wrote:

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:39 am

:palm: I need to update my metal playlist. I have Smashing Pumpkins in here

Edit: And Tomahawk...
Last edited by Corrian on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:44 am

Kiaculta wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:

So you're saying shit doesn't exist? Then what the hell do I go to the toilet for? I can just piss in a bush like a real man! :lol2:

:hug:

Corrian wrote::palm: I need to update my metal playlist. I have Smashing Pumpkins in here

But Smashing Pumpkins isn't metal, so why is it there in the first place? :unsure:
#FeelTheBern

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:47 am

Kar-Esseria wrote:
Kiaculta wrote:

So you're saying shit doesn't exist? Then what the hell do I go to the toilet for? I can just piss in a bush like a real man! :lol2:

:hug:

Corrian wrote::palm: I need to update my metal playlist. I have Smashing Pumpkins in here

But Smashing Pumpkins isn't metal, so why is it there in the first place? :unsure:

Why would you ever smash those poor pumpkins! This isn't Keane!
Kitchen has food

The Archregimancy wrote:

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:48 am

Kar-Esseria wrote:But Smashing Pumpkins isn't metal, so why is it there in the first place? :unsure:

Because to my untrained ears back then, I was like "This song is heavy, so metal", and put it there.
My Last.FM and RYM

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:04 am

Corrian wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:But Smashing Pumpkins isn't metal, so why is it there in the first place? :unsure:

Because to my untrained ears back then, I was like "This song is heavy, so metal", and put it there.

Well you can definitely hear some metal influences in some of their music, so I guess I can understand thinking of them as Alternative Metal or something like that.
#FeelTheBern

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:08 am

So, out of curiosity, what's one of the "saddest" metal songs you've heard? And I'm not so much talking about just lyrically. But like, tone of the whole song and everything. Just like a solemn sounding metal song instead of the typical "dark" metal sound.

Mine might be this
My Last.FM and RYM

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:11 am

Corrian wrote:So, out of curiosity, what's one of the "saddest" metal songs you've heard? And I'm not so much talking about just lyrically. But like, tone of the whole song and everything. Just like a solemn sounding metal song instead of the typical "dark" metal sound.

Mine might be this

A ton of shit by nightwish...fuck me, especially Song of Myself when they get to the part with the poems. I literally cry every time.
Kitchen has food

The Archregimancy wrote:

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:07 am

Corrian wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Immortal?

Haven't listened to them much yet, so I can't say. I wasn't drawn into them enough to even try, but I'll probably try again.

Once again I recommend All Shall Fall. Simply because it doesn't have shitty quality :p
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

Bodobol
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bodobol » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:08 am

Corrian wrote:So, out of curiosity, what's one of the "saddest" metal songs you've heard? And I'm not so much talking about just lyrically. But like, tone of the whole song and everything. Just like a solemn sounding metal song instead of the typical "dark" metal sound.

Mine might be this

On mobile so I can't link but:
Pallbearer - Gloomy Sunday
Katatonia - Gone, Quiet World, Instrumental
Woods of Ypres - Finality, Traveling Alone
Thy Light - In My Last Mourning...
Drudkh - Only The Wind Remembers My Name
Last.fmRead my blogshe/her

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:10 am

Bodobol wrote:Pallbearer - Gloomy Sunday

I wouldn't call that sad :unsure:
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:27 am

Bodobol wrote:

Mine might be this

I know it's the only song anyone remembers from WoY, but I Was Buried In Mount Pleasant Cemetery is simply a monolith of despair.

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:03 am

Siliarba wrote:I stayed out of his way and let him do his thing, but the guy is a monster, a thing worse than cancer that needs to be removed and destroyed.

Kiris the korrupter wrote:Article 1 yb REMOVE new rob halfordia for being annoying cunt new rob halfordia toxic poster rob interaction like injecting toxic into eye

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:08 am

New Rob Halfordia wrote:

Hello Kar
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:09 am

Kiaculta wrote:
Bodobol wrote:

I know it's the only song anyone remembers from WoY, but I Was Buried In Mount Pleasant Cemetery is simply a monolith of despair.

You call that despair? Even Black Sabbath does that better
Anarchist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction