NATION

PASSWORD

Metal Thread 2: In Metal There Is No Law

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:50 pm

Kiaculta wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:
You missed the joke.

You see, I was ignorantly generalizing his tastes like he did mine.

But unlike his, mine was mostly spot on. Aside from Iron Maiden, he doesn't seem to care for anything that isn't extreme metal. And since everyone else has pretty much blocked me, I can't even ask for recommendations anymore because only Kia will answer and unlike everyone else, he's out of shit to recommend.

Except maybe Lamb of God, which IIRC he was the only one who liked them and yet has never recommended them. According to Wiki, they do doom and thrash. I like doom and thrash. Beyond that, according to himself, he's out of recommendations. Meaning he doesn't listen to much outside of death and black, apparently.

Check my list above.

Also you wouldn't like Lamb of God. And doom/thrash??? Pfft...Wikipedia lies. They're essentially a groove metal band with death metal influenced vocals and MINOR metalcore sounding riffs and breakdowns that actually work pretty well.

Recommend them to me anyway.

Also, my bad, it was groove not doom.

I like groove though.
Last edited by Kar-Esseria on Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#FeelTheBern
Don't call them ISIS/ISIL/IS, call them Daesh. They hate that.

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:56 pm

The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:
Kiaculta wrote:
SOME NON-EXTREME METAL BANDS I LIKE:
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Motorhead
Black Sabbath/Ozzy solo
Diamond Head
Saxon
Numerous thrash bands
Pantera
Savatage
Blind Guardian
Nevermore
Epica
Sabaton
Helloween
Gamma Ray
Stratovarius
Accept
Grand Magus
Fates Warning
Lost Horizon
Dream Theater
Queensryche
Avantasia
Bruce Dickinson solo
Blayze Bayley solo
Candlemass
Iced Earth
SOME Yngwie Malmsteen
Dio
Ghost BC
Edguy
HammerFall
Mercyful Fate/King Diamond
Korpiklaani
Tyr

Are you wanting a girlfriend named Abigail, who's dad is the paranoid wizard, and who will warn your son not to talk to strangers?

Is it bad that I don't get the reference?

Impaled Nazarene wrote:KIAAAAAAAAAAAAA lord of the inability to shut up

Have I offended you?

Kar-Esseria wrote:
Kiaculta wrote:
Check my list above.

Also you wouldn't like Lamb of God. And doom/thrash??? Pfft...Wikipedia lies. They're essentially a groove metal band with death metal influenced vocals and MINOR metalcore sounding riffs and breakdowns that actually work pretty well.

I like groove though.

But do you like death metal sounding vocals?
Lars Ulrich: Hello, Dave. Look at your band. Now back to mine. Now back at your band. Now back to mine. Sadly, your band isn't mine, but if they stopped playing pure thrash metal and switched to a tough guy version of Motley Crue, they could sell like they're Metallica! Look down, back up, where are you? You're on the high road, taking it higher like a super collider. That album was great. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's a hard drive with all the private information of the users we banned from Napster. Look again, the hard drive is now Babymetal. Anything is possible when your band reeks of pop. I'm wearing a thong.

Varg Vikernes can fuck off.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:57 pm

Kiaculta wrote:
The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:Are you wanting a girlfriend named Abigail, who's dad is the paranoid wizard, and who will warn your son not to talk to strangers?

Have I offended you?

Kar-Esseria wrote:

I like groove though.

yes, i am triggered by your inability to ignore kar.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:57 pm

Kiaculta wrote:
The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:Are you wanting a girlfriend named Abigail, who's dad is the paranoid wizard, and who will warn your son not to talk to strangers?

Have I offended you?

Kar-Esseria wrote:

I like groove though.

I like Amon Amarth, Dethklok, and that death metal song about pizza.

Close enough?
#FeelTheBern

The republic of Kosh Naranek
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Kosh Naranek » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:59 pm

Kiaculta wrote:

Have I offended you?

Kar-Esseria wrote:

I like groove though.

Yes, it is bad, I made a mercyful fate reference, two black sabbath references and one dio reference.
Hello, just a fellow headbanger, wondering about the future.
I'm a bisexual homoromantic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC5PU9YNlGM

I am a center-left moderate social libertarian Left: 2.79, Libertarian: 2.71 If you want to take the same quiz: http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/politi ... -quiz.html

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:59 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:
Kiaculta wrote:

Have I offended you?

Close enough?

Well try it and see. But don't be surprised if you think LoG is shit.

Kiaculta wrote:

Have I offended you?

Yes, it is bad, I made a mercyful fate reference, two black sabbath references and one dio reference.

The funny thing is, I actually got THOSE references but completely overanalyzed the whole thing, expecting it to be one grand reference to something or crap like that.
Last edited by Kiaculta on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lars Ulrich: Hello, Dave. Look at your band. Now back to mine. Now back at your band. Now back to mine. Sadly, your band isn't mine, but if they stopped playing pure thrash metal and switched to a tough guy version of Motley Crue, they could sell like they're Metallica! Look down, back up, where are you? You're on the high road, taking it higher like a super collider. That album was great. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's a hard drive with all the private information of the users we banned from Napster. Look again, the hard drive is now Babymetal. Anything is possible when your band reeks of pop. I'm wearing a thong.

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:00 pm

Kiaculta wrote:

Have I offended you?

I listen to 2/3 of those bands and I don't get any of that. :unsure:

Kiaculta wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:

Close enough?

Okay, anything specific?
#FeelTheBern

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:01 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:
The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:Yes, it is bad, I made a mercyful fate reference, two black sabbath references and one dio reference.

Kiaculta wrote:

Okay, anything specific?

Have you checked out Mercyful Fate yet? I don't seem to remember.

Start with either the album As the Palaces Burn or its followup Ashes of the Wake. Don't try Sacrament even though it made it into the Top 10 chart, it's massively overrated.
Last edited by Kiaculta on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:02 pm

Kiaculta wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:

Okay, anything specific?

Have you checked out Mercyful Fate yet? I don't seem to remember.

Start with either the album As the Palaces Burn or its followup Ashes of the Wake. Don't try Sacrament even though it made it into the Top 10 chart, it's massively overrated.

I don't think so, and will do.
#FeelTheBern

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Kosh Naranek » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:03 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:
The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:Yes, it is bad, I made a mercyful fate reference, two black sabbath references and one dio reference.

Kiaculta wrote:

Okay, anything specific?

Whoops, I meant King Diamond up there, as Abigail is not a mercyful fate album, sorry about that! And Kar, I'm referencing an album, and three songs, all well known.

I am a center-left moderate social libertarian Left: 2.79, Libertarian: 2.71 If you want to take the same quiz: http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/politi ... -quiz.html

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:04 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:

Okay, anything specific?

Whoops, I meant King Diamond up there, as Abigail is not a mercyful fate album, sorry about that! And Kar, I'm referencing an album, and three songs, all well known.

I think the entire joke was too lofty to support itself. Kind of like what will probably happen with Time II.

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:05 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:

Okay, anything specific?

Never mind, I got the "don't talk to strangers" reference. That was Sabbath, and I feel ashamed for not recognizing it right away.

I'm assuming the wizard part is Dio-related?
#FeelTheBern

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:07 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:
The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:Whoops, I meant King Diamond up there, as Abigail is not a mercyful fate album, sorry about that! And Kar, I'm referencing an album, and three songs, all well known.

Never mind, I got the "don't talk to strangers" reference. That was Sabbath, and I feel ashamed for not recognizing it right away.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:08 pm

Kiaculta wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Whats so funny?
#FeelTheBern

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Kosh Naranek » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:08 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:
The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:Whoops, I meant King Diamond up there, as Abigail is not a mercyful fate album, sorry about that! And Kar, I'm referencing an album, and three songs, all well known.

NONONO! The strangers one is Dio! The Wizard one is Sabbath! :twisted: :mad:

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:10 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:

NONONO! The strangers one is Dio! The Wizard one is Sabbath! :twisted: :mad:

What? That can't be right.

Wasn't there a Sabbath song where Ozzy sang something like "your momma told you not to talk to strangers" or something like that? Or was that one his solo songs? And I thought Dio made a song about a wizard?
#FeelTheBern

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:11 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:
The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:NONONO! The strangers one is Dio! The Wizard one is Sabbath! :twisted: :mad:

Wasn't there a Sabbath song where Ozzy sang something like "your momma told you not to talk to strangers" or something like that? Or was that one his solo songs? And I thought Dio made a song about a wizard?

Yeah that was No More Tears. Title track of my personal favorite Ozzy album. But on the first Sabbath album there's a song called The Wizard. Dio had a song called Don't Talk To Strangers.
Last edited by Kiaculta on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:14 pm

Kiaculta wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:

Yeah that was No More Tears. Title track of my personal favorite Ozzy album. But on the first Sabbath album there's a song called The Wizard. Dio had a song called Don't Talk To Strangers.

Shit, I fucked up royally on that one.

I don't think I've heard that song 'The Wizard' though. I might be wrong, maybe.

And I forgot about that Dio song. It's just wizards struck me as something Dio would sing about.
#FeelTheBern

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:14 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:
The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:NONONO! The strangers one is Dio! The Wizard one is Sabbath! :twisted: :mad:

Holy shit.
Siliarba wrote:I stayed out of his way and let him do his thing, but the guy is a monster, a thing worse than cancer that needs to be removed and destroyed.

Kiris the korrupter wrote:Article 1 yb REMOVE new rob halfordia for being annoying cunt new rob halfordia toxic poster rob interaction like injecting toxic into eye

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:17 pm

New Rob Halfordia wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:

Holy shit.

Nah, I'm just playing.
Last edited by Kar-Esseria on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#FeelTheBern

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:34 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:
New Rob Halfordia wrote:Holy shit.

Nah, I'm just playing.

I'm not laughing. I'm cringing.
Siliarba wrote:I stayed out of his way and let him do his thing, but the guy is a monster, a thing worse than cancer that needs to be removed and destroyed.

Kiris the korrupter wrote:Article 1 yb REMOVE new rob halfordia for being annoying cunt new rob halfordia toxic poster rob interaction like injecting toxic into eye

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:46 pm

I was loading a gun and prepared to shoot myself when I was reading the last few posts.

Why do you people continue responding to him? I didn't put him on the foe list just for everyone to quote him.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Soviet Haaregrad
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Soviet Haaregrad » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:36 pm

NeuPolska wrote:Why do you people continue responding to him? I didn't put him on the foe list just for everyone to quote him.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who feels this way. Stop feeding the vermin, it only causes them to stick around.
RP Population: 1760//76 million//1920 104 million//1960 209 million//1992 238 million
81% Economic Leftist, 56% Anarchist, 79% Anti-Militarist, 89% Socio-Cultural Liberal, 73% Civil Libertarian
Privatization of collectively owned property is theft.
The Confederacy of Independent Socialist Republics
FACTBOOK
ART

There are no gods and no one is a prophet.

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:39 pm

Kiaculta wrote:
New Rob Halfordia wrote:Are you kidding? He's a complete Iron Maiden fanboy.

Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Motorhead
Black Sabbath/Ozzy solo
Diamond Head
Saxon
Numerous thrash bands
Pantera
Savatage
Blind Guardian
Persuader
Nevermore
Epica
Sabaton
Mastodon
Symphony X
Helloween
Gamma Ray
Stratovarius
Accept
Evergrey
Between the Buried and Me
Leprous
The Ocean
Grand Magus
Fates Warning
Lost Horizon
Dream Theater
Queensryche
Avantasia
Kamelot
Iron Savior
Unleash the Archers
Pharaoh
Threshold
Demons & Wizards
Bruce Dickinson solo
Blayze Bayley solo
Candlemass
Iced Earth
SOME Yngwie Malmsteen
Dio
Ghost BC
Black Majesty
Masterplan
Pagan's Mind
Dark Moor
Edguy
Elvenking
HammerFall
Korpiklaani
Alestorm
Angra
Tyr

This list is beautiful
Galloism wrote:Or we can go with feminism doesn't exist. We all imagined it. Collectively.
You can't fight the friction
Women belong in the kitchen
Men belong in the kitchen
Everyone belongs in the kitchen
Kitchen has food
I have brought dishonor to my gaming clan
Achesia wrote:Threads like this is why I need to stop coming to NSG....

Marethian Lupanar of Teladre wrote:A bright and cheerful mountain village of chapel-goers~

The Archregimancy wrote:
Hagia Sophia is best church.

Major-Tom wrote:Why am I full of apathy?

I'm just here to be the peanut gallery
уσυ нανєи'т gσт тнє fυℓℓ єffє¢т

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:45 pm

The Alexanderians wrote:
Kiaculta wrote:
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Motorhead
Black Sabbath/Ozzy solo
Diamond Head
Saxon
Numerous thrash bands
Pantera
Savatage
Blind Guardian
Persuader
Nevermore
Epica
Sabaton
Mastodon
Symphony X
Helloween
Gamma Ray
Stratovarius
Accept
Evergrey
Between the Buried and Me
Leprous
The Ocean
Grand Magus
Fates Warning
Lost Horizon
Dream Theater
Queensryche
Avantasia
Kamelot
Iron Savior
Unleash the Archers
Pharaoh
Threshold
Demons & Wizards
Bruce Dickinson solo
Blayze Bayley solo
Candlemass
Iced Earth
SOME Yngwie Malmsteen
Dio
Ghost BC
Black Majesty
Masterplan
Pagan's Mind
Dark Moor
Edguy
Elvenking
HammerFall
Korpiklaani
Alestorm
Angra
Tyr

This list is beautiful

Fuck the guys here, I happen to enjoy Bayley's solo work more than his work with Maiden, and The X Factor is SLIGHTLY underrated.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction