NATION

PASSWORD

Metal Thread 2: In Metal There Is No Law

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:28 pm

Demen 2 wrote:Kar's right though, an overwhelming amount of death metal is dull as fuck and when it isn't, there's more gimmicks in the songwriting and than an eighty's synthpop hit

there are many many good death metal bands but I'd venture to say that even so, the amount of bad outweigh the good

Thank God I'm not alone.

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:
Dumb Ideologies wrote:You could always be one of those annoying hipsters who tries to call the "real" stuff "skramz" :p

I prefer kittenviolence.

Cadonica wrote:It doesn't matter how many people appreciate emo in this thread, it's not metal, it doesn't belong here. I don't start posting rock songs here even though I'm sure well over half of this thread appreciates such music.

You'd make more of a point if several of us didn't regularly discuss grindcore, metalcore, hardcore, crust punk, some alternative, nu-metal and other not-metal in this thread. It's not metal, but it's certainly on topic. I never said Linkin Park weren't acceptable to be discussed in the thread, I didn't even say they were a shit band (mediocre yes, but not worse than mediocre), I just said they're not metal. The screamy, frantic, chaotic side of emo (screamo, skramz, whatever you wanna call it) is relevant even if we all accept and understand that bands like The Promise Ring or Jawbreaker wouldn't be.
We can be tolerant towards not-metal or we can not be, but Love Lost But Not Forgotten belongs in here just as much as Linkin Park. ;)

Cadonica wrote:And alternative metal is still metal. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not metal. Honestly, I expected better from you.

Some alternative metal is alternative influenced metal, some is metal influenced alternative. Just because Alice in Chains and Tool and Fear Factory can legitimately be called metal doesn't mean every alternative metal band can. I love Deftones, they're not metal. I love Love Lost But Not Forgotten, they're also not metal.
Also, you need a bit more practice at being condescending; right now you're only trying to be condescending.

Kar-Esseria wrote:Ildjarn: -10/10, I'm filing assault charges on behalf of my ears.
Twilight: 4/10, almost meh. Almost.
Horde: 3/10, started off so beautiful and then quickly went into pure trash in just one song. GG.

Horde - you said no Satanic stuff, so I give you Christian black metal.
Twilight - still better than the movie?
Ildjarn - Best. Quote. Ever. :lol2:

Kar-Esseria wrote:Vomit Remnants: Didn't get to watch because the app was acting stupid.
Skinless: Same as above.

Let's assume you'd give them both 4/10 and hate the vocals. :lol:

Everything is better than that movie/book. Except 50 Shades. Thats even worse.

And yes, I'm aware they were Unblack Metal. I disliked them based on their sound, though, not their topics.

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:Death Metal has no rhythm at all.

Objectively false. Some might lack a groove, but it never lacks a rhythm. Have you ever actually heard any arrhythmic sound art?

Kar-Esseria wrote:The guitars are distorted to the point they sound like mindless shredding, the drumming is too rough and violent, and the singing sounds like a hungry stomach trying to talk, which isn't scary at all.

Some death metal has poor production, but much of what you've been given to listen to tends to have decent, clear production. The riffs would sound pretty similar on an acoustic only with less grit and sustain.
Blast beats can be an acquired taste. I didn't always like music with 240 bpm gravity blasts (those super fast alternating bass/snare patterns that almost sound like a drum roll that never ends), and yet now I often feel something is missing when a song doesn't have blast beats in it. :lol2:

The other bands I posted later on (Living Sacrifice and Zao) likely will be more to your tastes than the first glut of them I posted.

Okay, I'll admit I fucked up when I said they don't have rhythm, obviously that's false. I was thinking of a different word, but I can't seem to figure it out right now.

I'll try those other guys later.

Szertica wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:It's a combination of rhythm and pitch, typically in a way that is pleasing to the ear.

And we all find it pleasing to the ear, the fact that you don't doesn't mean you can say it doesn't have melody.
Death Metal has no rhythm at all. The guitars are distorted to the point they sound like mindless shredding, the drumming is too rough and violent, and the singing sounds like a hungry stomach trying to talk, which isn't scary at all. Not all Death Metal is like this, I'll admit that, but a good chunk of it is, and that good chunk is trash.

I have nothing to say to that honestly, I'll just let Dr. Cox tell you what i'm thinking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY
Cut the "holier than thou" bullshit.

No
You're as bad as me when it comes to being stubborn about musical tastes and personal opinions.

:rofl: :rofl:
Kar, NO ONE IS AS BAD AS YOU when it comes to "personal opinions". It isn't a fucking opinion to say something isn't music, it's a declarative statement, and an incredibly naive one at that.
Death Metal is the worst part of the metal genre, that is my opinion. It is your opinion that it is the best part of it. It's an opinion, not a fact. Give the fuck over yourself.

I never said it was the best part of it, and i never said you had to agree with me. You could burst out into hives the second you heard a growl for all i care, and at first I mostly ignored your presence on this thread, figuring you would either eventually get into extreme metal, or decide it wasn't your thing. But the second you said it wasn't music, you crossed a line. Maybe you should get over yourself.
Corrian wrote:Funny thing is you all treat me better but I have a feeling I'd think most of those that were linked sucked as well if I went through them...

I have to agree with this. People pointing out that it sucks when you even said you know we don't like it just makes them look annoying.

Not sure I can really help with your question, though, sorry.

Yeah, it's called double standards.

Or alternatively, hypocrisy.

Corrian isn't anywhere near as irritating as you.
Kiaculta wrote:
And Kar's been over-stroking to Linkin Park.

I haven't been doing anything that everybody else in this thread hasn't been guilty of.

Yes, you have.
Really, I fucking said when I came here that I liked metal but wasn't a metalhead, yet you all keep trying to treat me like a 'misguided' metalhead pretending to be a "trve kvlt metalhead", like a poser, and that's the problem.

Oh please, no one here ever said that, at least not seriously.
I'm not a poser, because I'm not posing, I was never posing, I made the explicitly clear, so stop pretending like I am and stop treating me like I am.

We aren't.

And if you don't like us, you are free to voluntarily end your presence on this thread anytime you wish.

Except you did say it was the best part. It's right there in the post I quoted!

And no, there are people worse than me when it comes to their opinions. If you don't think there are, you must be new to the Internet.

And actually, you're half right and half wrong. It is both a declarative statement AND an opinion.

And no, I haven't. You've been doing the exact same thing as me, amigo. You're just too butthurt to realize it.

Impaled Nazarene wrote:For old school sounding death metal? does Bolt Thrower count? I figure Edge of Sanity doesn't

I don't know why but I can't help but laugh when I see or hear "Bolt Thrower". It just cracks me up for some reason.

Kiaculta wrote:
Dimebag Darrell wrote:You're not the only one, Swedish death metal is better than Norwegian death metal, but Norwegian black metal is better than Swedish black metal.

DIME! Nobody likes your band here!

Except me, I fucking love Pantera.

I like Pantera, too.

Corrian wrote:
Demen 2 wrote:Kar's right though, an overwhelming amount of death metal is dull as fuck and when it isn't, there's more gimmicks in the songwriting and than an eighty's synthpop hit

there are many many good death metal bands but I'd venture to say that even so, the amount of bad outweigh the good

The amount of bad outweigh the good in every genre.

I disagree.

I've only ever heard one bad reggae song, but that's because the song itself is annoying and so is the voice of the dude singing it. Coincidentally, that's the only song of said artist I've ever heard, so they might have better stuff.

Never heard a bad Blues or Jazz song. Never.

Maybe black people can't make bad music? :blink:
#FeelTheBern
Don't call them ISIS/ISIL/IS, call them Daesh. They hate that.

Szertica
Envoy

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Szertica » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:38 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:Except you did say it was the best part. It's right there in the post I quoted!

I said some SOME. Are you blind?

And no, there are people worse than me when it comes to their opinions. If you don't think there are, you must be new to the Internet.

Not on this thread there aren't.
And actually, you're half right and half wrong. It is both a declarative statement AND an opinion.

No, it isn't.
And no, I haven't. You've been doing the exact same thing as me, amigo. You're just too butthurt to realize it.

I've never said, nor would i ever say that something isn't music. You listen to a lot of terrible music, but it is music.

Corrian wrote:

The amount of bad outweigh the good in every genre.

I disagree.

I've only ever heard one bad reggae song, but that's because the song itself is annoying and so is the voice of the dude singing it. Coincidentally, that's the only song of said artist I've ever heard, so they might have better stuff.

You clearly haven't explored those genres much then.
Also, white people make Jazz too.
Bodobol wrote:fvking posevr hippie record shop i only bvy my albvms from satan himself in the middle of a darkened necroforest on the north pole

Political Spectrum: Right: 8.59, Libertarian: 9.18
Forum Lurking since 3/17/14.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:24 pm

For me, jazz ad blues 90% of the time bores me to death, so yeah...Still fits for me. And I consider reggae pretty boring in general as well...(Don't look at me, Ancient Magmia!)
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:06 am

Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk never ceases to amaze me. Blows the other Emperor albums out of the water imho.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:39 am

Corrian wrote:For me, jazz and blues 90% of the time bores me to death, so yeah...Still fits for me. And I consider reggae pretty boring in general as well...(Don't look at me, Ancient Magmia!)

The chance of Ancient Magmia popping up in this thread seems slim at best.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:43 am

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:
Cadonica wrote:It doesn't matter how many people appreciate emo in this thread, it's not metal, it doesn't belong here. I don't start posting rock songs here even though I'm sure well over half of this thread appreciates such music.

You'd make more of a point if several of us didn't regularly discuss grindcore, metalcore, hardcore, crust punk, some alternative, nu-metal and other not-metal in this thread. It's not metal, but it's certainly on topic. I never said Linkin Park weren't acceptable to be discussed in the thread, I didn't even say they were a shit band (mediocre yes, but not worse than mediocre), I just said they're not metal. The screamy, frantic, chaotic side of emo (screamo, skramz, whatever you wanna call it) is relevant even if we all accept and understand that bands like The Promise Ring or Jawbreaker wouldn't be.
We can be tolerant towards not-metal or we can not be, but Love Lost But Not Forgotten belongs in here just as much as Linkin Park. ;)

This is a metal thread, not "General heavy music thread". If people want to keep discussing other heavier genres (grindcore, crust punk, screamo etc.) this should be renamed as such and NOT metal thread. Either that or people should just shut the fuck up with "it's not metal" comments.

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:
Cadonica wrote:And alternative metal is still metal. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not metal. Honestly, I expected better from you.

Some alternative metal is alternative influenced metal, some is metal influenced alternative. Just because Alice in Chains and Tool and Fear Factory can legitimately be called metal doesn't mean every alternative metal band can. I love Deftones, they're not metal. I love Love Lost But Not Forgotten, they're also not metal.
Also, you need a bit more practice at being condescending; right now you're only trying to be condescending.

It's alternative METAL, what part is so hard to understand? Same goes for nu metal.

And no, I don't need to practice anything I'm not doing or trying to do.
Last edited by Cadonica on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:44 am

Cad, did you just counter your own argument?
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:49 am

The Lendol Archipelago wrote:Cad, did you just counter your own argument?

It might've seemed so, then I fixed the quotes. If it still seems like that, please explain.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:52 am

Cadonica wrote:
The Lendol Archipelago wrote:Cad, did you just counter your own argument?

It might've seemed so, then I fixed the quotes. If it still seems like that, please explain.

It's fine now.
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:56 am

The Lendol Archipelago wrote:
Cadonica wrote:It might've seemed so, then I fixed the quotes. If it still seems like that, please explain.

It's fine now.

Just as I thought :p
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:29 am

Airdash - Thank God It's Monday

Bought this as used vinyl (EX quality) because I loved the songs Helluva Noise and Thank God It's Monday. After listening to the entire album, all I can say is that this is some really good old school thrash metal. Rather primitive but really energetic. The band is sometimes titled as "Anthrax of Finland". 10/10
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:35 am

Cosumar wrote:Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk never ceases to amaze me. Blows the other Emperor albums out of the water imho.

their early demos were better
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:04 am

Rytmihäiriö - Surman Siipien Havinaa ("Arrhythmia - Swishing of Wings of Homicide")

Extremely raw mixture of hardcore punk/crossover/thrash metal. They call the genre "surmacore" aka homicidecore. This is way different from their recent purely thrash metal albums. The guy behind the re-release of this LP said "This album has insane amounts of energy, hate, Gambina and treble power. It all can be sensed even today." Can't help but agree. 9.7/10

Satanic Warmaster - Nachzehrer
This is the third and final vinyl from this order (Airdash/Rytmihäiriö/SW). Still as good as ever, 8.8/10. Highlights: Satan's Werewolf, Vampires, Warmaster Returns. And for the maximum kvlt, this vinyl is used (EX).
Last edited by Cadonica on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:08 am

Szertica wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:Except you did say it was the best part. It's right there in the post I quoted!

I said some SOME. Are you blind?

No, it isn't.

I've never said, nor would i ever say that something isn't music. You listen to a lot of terrible music, but it is music.

Corrian wrote:The amount of bad outweigh the good in every genre.

I disagree.

No, I'm not blind.

You never said just this thread.

Yes, it is, because I never said it was a fact, and if it's not a fact it's an opinion.

You may not have said nothing wasn't music, but you certainly are guilty of being a short-sighted and close minded as me. Don't even pretend otherwise.

I have explored those genres, and that last part was a joke. I know white people make Jazz. White people make Blues and Reggae too.

Corrian wrote:For me, jazz ad blues 90% of the time bores me to death, so yeah...Still fits for me. And I consider reggae pretty boring in general as well...(Don't look at me, Ancient Magmia!)

Reggae? Boring!? What!? WHAT IS THIS.

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Corrian wrote:For me, jazz and blues 90% of the time bores me to death, so yeah...Still fits for me. And I consider reggae pretty boring in general as well...(Don't look at me, Ancient Magmia!)

The chance of Ancient Magmia popping up in this thread seems slim at best.

I don't know who that is, but I take it they're a huge reggae fan?
#FeelTheBern
Don't call them ISIS/ISIL/IS, call them Daesh. They hate that.

Szertica
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Szertica » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:16 am

Kar-Esseria wrote:
Szertica wrote:I said some SOME. Are you blind?

No, it isn't.

No, I'm not blind.

You never said just this thread.

Yes, it is, because I never said it was a fact, and if it's not a fact it's an opinion.

You may not have said nothing wasn't music, but you certainly are guilty of being a short-sighted and close minded as me. Don't even pretend otherwise.

I have explored those genres, and that last part was a joke. I know white people make Jazz. White people make Blues and Reggae too.

Bodobol wrote:fvking posevr hippie record shop i only bvy my albvms from satan himself in the middle of a darkened necroforest on the north pole

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:23 am

We need another subgenre to get Kar into extreme stuff. Has anyone shown him doom metal?
Lars Ulrich: Hello, Dave. Look at your band. Now back to mine. Now back at your band. Now back to mine. Sadly, your band isn't mine, but if they stopped playing pure thrash metal and switched to a tough guy version of Motley Crue, they could sell like they're Metallica! Look down, back up, where are you? You're on the high road, taking it higher like a super collider. That album was great. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's a hard drive with all the private information of the users we banned from Napster. Look again, the hard drive is now Babymetal. Anything is possible when your band reeks of pop. I'm wearing a thong.

Varg Vikernes can fuck off.

Szertica
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Szertica » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:24 am

Kiaculta wrote:We need another subgenre to get Kar into extreme stuff. Has anyone shown him doom metal?

Doom metal is not extreme.

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:32 am

Szertica wrote:
Kiaculta wrote:We need another subgenre to get Kar into extreme stuff. Has anyone shown him doom metal?

To get Kar INTO extreme stuff. Doom metal isn't a subgenre for everyone, and there is such a thing as blackened doom and death/doom (ahem early and most recent Paradise Lost albums).
Lars Ulrich: Hello, Dave. Look at your band. Now back to mine. Now back at your band. Now back to mine. Sadly, your band isn't mine, but if they stopped playing pure thrash metal and switched to a tough guy version of Motley Crue, they could sell like they're Metallica! Look down, back up, where are you? You're on the high road, taking it higher like a super collider. That album was great. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's a hard drive with all the private information of the users we banned from Napster. Look again, the hard drive is now Babymetal. Anything is possible when your band reeks of pop. I'm wearing a thong.

Varg Vikernes can fuck off.

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:38 am

You called?

Traditional doom
Candlemass
Cold Mourning
KYPCK
Mourn
Penance
Reverend Bizarre
Saint Vitus
Scald
Solsitce
Stillborn

Funeral doom
Thergothon (drummer is nowadays a songwriter and producer of pop duo PMMP)
Skepticism
Elysian Blaze (with black metal influence)
Nortt (with black metal influence)
The Howling Void
Comatose Vigil
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:38 am

Szertica wrote:

Funeral doom is extreme.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:44 am

Don't know any doom....

We could always show him Remission and Leviathan era Mastodon. :unsure:

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:48 am

Corvus Metallum wrote:

Don't know any doom....

We could always show him Remission and Leviathan era Mastodon. :unsure:

See the links I provided :3
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

Szertica
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Szertica » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:50 am

Cadonica wrote:
Szertica wrote:Doom metal is not extreme.

Funeral doom is extreme.

I wasn't talking about FD.
Kiaculta wrote:
Szertica wrote:Doom metal is not extreme.

To get Kar INTO extreme stuff. Doom metal isn't a subgenre for everyone, and there is such a thing as blackened doom and death/doom (ahem early and most recent Paradise Lost albums).

I'm of the opinion that Doom completely sucks when mixed with Black and Death Metal (there are a few exceptions).

Cadonica
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:55 am

Szertica wrote:
Kiaculta wrote:

I'm of the opinion that Doom completely sucks when mixed with Black and Death Metal (there are a few exceptions).

True. I can't really name any black/doom exceptions but Asphyx is one of those for death/doom.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.

That's what I said:

Soviet Haaregrad
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Soviet Haaregrad » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:55 am

Cadonica wrote:It's alternative METAL, what part is so hard to understand? Same goes for nu metal.

Next you'll try to defend the metal credibility of Warrant, Bon Jovi and Great White I assume, since 'durr it's hair metulzz'. It may belong to a genre that non-metal fans decided to label metal, but that doesn't mean it truly qualifies due to lacking many elements that help define metal as a distinct genre from rock. If we're letting others define what is and isn't metal, I'd consider metal-archives.com to be a much more reasonable source of definitions than Rolling Stone or Empty-vee.

If it makes you feel better we can call it nu hard rock from now on for accuracy sakes.
RP Population: 1760//76 million//1920 104 million//1960 209 million//1992 238 million
81% Economic Leftist, 56% Anarchist, 79% Anti-Militarist, 89% Socio-Cultural Liberal, 73% Civil Libertarian
Privatization of collectively owned property is theft.
The Confederacy of Independent Socialist Republics
FACTBOOK
ART

There are no gods and no one is a prophet.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction