NATION

PASSWORD

WINTER 2015 SHORT STORY CONTEST

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zunkwentania
Minister

Founded: Apr 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zunkwentania » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:40 pm

New Kvenland wrote:
New Kvenland wrote:
Actually, I replaced the German for Farsi (which a member of my region was able to translate). It's only one phrase, not a massive chunk of dialogue...

Thanks for that, Zunk :D

No problem :D

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:02 pm

So, how's everyone's stories coming along?
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

New Kvenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Kvenland » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:49 pm

Vancon wrote:So, how's everyone's stories coming along?

Mine's about halfway done, but I've gotten a bit sidetracked. Hopefully that will be over now.
californian ultranationalist | the bear flag will fly from cabo to the great salt lake once again | the pretenders in arizona will crumble to the sand they tread on

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:59 pm

Mine is done, honestly. I make no assurances as to quality, but it should be short enough to judge without much difficulty.

Day 1

My memory has started to slip, probably due to the Mound. I am starting this journal to preserve information in the case of worse memory loss. I’m somewhat concerned about the general state of the Mound. This sort of memory loss is quite far beyond the normal effects. I’ll have to think about what to do.

I checked on the Mound. There was no activity besides the usual passive effects, although I’m not sure whether or not to consider the memory loss “activity”. It’s worrying, but not really the sort of activity that would be a serious warning sign. I performed the ritual with no problems, then returned.

In the afternoon, I went to the Wall. No changes. I saw some sort of bird on the way. I’m not sure what species it was, as it was flying east quite quickly. All in all, not much to write about today.

Day 2

Checked on the Mound, same as yesterday. There was minor resistance to the ritual, but nothing much. On a whim, I decided to climb to the top. It was beautiful. From up there, it’s possible to see quite far. I would do it more often, if it weren't for the passive effects of the Mound.

Later, I decided to explore the library some more. I managed to finish mapping the shelves I had started on, and started to map two other shelves that I hadn’t gotten to before. I stopped after hearing some strange noises off in the distance. I don’t know what caused them, but it’s not worth taking the chances right now.

Day 3

I woke up early due to odd dreams. I can’t quite remember their contents. They’re probably a side effect of the Mound, similar to the memory loss. Is the ritual working correctly? I should do some more research about the Mound in the shelves that I finished mapping. If lucky, I’ll be able to improve the ritual. I should have time, as there’s still no noticeable activity at the Mound and there was no resistance to the ritual today.

I went back to the library to see about the research. I looked over the new shelves a bit, but none of the titles seemed to be about the Mound. I could do a more thorough search, but I’ll look back at the other shelves first. I should probably reread some of the older books, as well. There may be clues I have missed.

Day 4

More dreams. I’m going to have to reread the books some more. I believe that Eibon may have had some useful information on the Mound, so I’ll start there. I should also probably look over the new shelves again. That’ll have to wait until I've checked the Mound, of course.

Nothing new at the Mound. Still no resistance to the ritual. I did look over some of the carvings around the base, but they didn't give any hints as to how to improve the ritual. Eibon had a few useful facts, but not enough to improve the ritual. I've gotten about halfway through one of the new shelves, and there’s some interesting material. Nothing concrete yet.

Day 5

I slept in a bit today, as the dreams weren't quite as strong. No activity at the Mound. I decided to check on the Wall, as well. There was another of the birds, but otherwise everything was normal there.

Did some research in the new books. Some of the stuff in Eibon makes more sense now. They also provided context for some of the Azif, but none of that applies to the ritual. With the new information and the contextualized stuff from Eibon, I think there might be a few improvements I can make. I’ll have to wait to implement them, though.

Day 6

Dreams back to previous intensity. No other activity at the Mound. I’m getting the feeling that I should record a bit more in this journal. It’s honestly not worth much if I don’t make use of it.

I briefly forgot the way down to the library. Luckily, it came back after a few minutes. I need to do more to fix the ritual before more serious stuff happens.
An unmarked book had a lot of useful stuff. It looks like the Sleeper is slightly different than I had previously thought. With that and Eibon’s information, I’ve started work on an improved ritual. It shouldn't be too big of a task. Maybe a day or two.

I've gotten stuck in the design of the improved ritual. One segment looks like it could be fixed with a simple qettklo clause, but closer inspection reveals some rather complicated nga’a structures which could require more intensive rewriting.

I decided to go on a walk to clear my head. I’m writing this from the Wall. No sign of the birds this time.

Back in the library. I've gotten the structures to work, using a few slightly unorthodox methods. They shouldn't compromise the effectiveness, though. The improved ritual is nearly done. I’ll finish it up tomorrow morning so I can test it.

Day 7

I tested the new ritual. I won’t know how effective it is until tonight, though. No activity at the Mound. There isn't much for me to do right now, so I’m reading some of the more interesting books. One, a collection of the writings of Klarkash-Ton, is very good entertainment, although I suspect at least a third of it is entirely made up.

Day ?

It appears that the “improved” ritual does not, in fact, work nearly as well as the previous one. Unfortunately, my presumed past self did not remember to include the actual ritual (either one) in his diary or elsewhere.
To clarify, it seems that I have lost all specific memory. I don’t know where I am, how I got here, or why I am here. I remembered my name for the first few days, but now I’ve forgotten that too. I just stumbled across this diary, and I've decided to write my further experiences down in it in order not to forget them.
The place I find myself is strange beyond imagination. It is, as far as I can tell, a plateau. It is certainly nowhere on Earth (and how do I remember Earth, for that matter? I don’t even know my own name, yet I know the name of my home planet?). The sun is dimmer and redder than the sun of Earth, but the stars are brighter and there are two small moons. The temperature is consistently chilly, but never quite freezing. The only vegetation is a strange sort of grey lichen-like material which grows in ugly, irregular splotches across the plateau. The only animal I have seen is some sort of flying creature (presumably the bird mentioned earlier, although its proportions were slightly off from any bird of which I know). The main landmarks are my house and what are presumably the Wall and the Mound.
Towards the edge of the plateau lies the Wall. It’s weather-worn and clearly very old, and surprisingly large when you get up close. It’s not too difficult to climb it, but on the other side the edge of the plateau drops off into darkness and mist.
The Mound is… well, it’s a mound. It’s a massive, vaguely pyramidal rock formation which juts out of the approximate center of the plateau. It scares me for some reason. I walked up closer and saw some sort of hieroglyphs engraved all across the surface. I’m definitely staying away from now on.
My house is the most incongruous of the three landmarks. It’s a small cottage, located about halfway between the Mound and the Wall. It takes me about ten minutes to walk to each, starting from my house. The most interesting part of my house is the underground tunnel system. It contains various passageways leading in all different directions. The interior of the plateau could be honeycombed with the things. There are arrows carved into the wall of one downward-leading tunnel, labeled “L”. I assume these lead to the library mentioned earlier, but it’s getting too late to check. I should probably go to bed now.

Day ? -- 2

I can’t remember what I dreamed, but I woke up screaming.

The arrows do, in fact, lead to the library. It’s the biggest library I've ever seen. There’s a large table near the entrance, with a few piles of old books on it. I assume these were the books I was reading previously. I flipped through one of them, which seemed to be some sort of list of demons and their properties. It was illustrated with some disturbing woodcuts.
There was a map under one pile of books. Seems like the library is even larger than it appeared at a first glance. I understand what I meant when I wrote about exploring new shelves. The library stretches on into the dim distance. There are lamps every few shelves, but I wouldn't dare to go farther than the mapped areas. I think I saw something uncomfortably large scuttle between two of the shelves.

Having been to the library, I've decided to walk around the plateau and see what else there is. I’ll record my observations when I get back.

Back from the walk. There is nothing else of note on the entire thing. What the hell? I would at least expect some oddly shaped rocks, but there’s nothing bigger than gravel, and the whole plateau is flat except for the Mound. Something is seriously wrong here.

Day ? -- 3

The dreams were worse. I still don’t quite remember what they were, but I know they had to do with the Mound.

I’ve gone to the library in order to see if I can figure out what the hell the ritual is. I’m starting with the Book of Eibon, since I have no other leads. Luckily, there’s a table of contents. There are a few potential sections that could be relevant: On the Sleeping Things, since I mentioned a Sleeper; Visions of a Plateau, for obvious reasons; and The Pnakotic Fragments, Regarding the Barren Worlds: Translated by Eibon, because this is a barren world if there ever was one.

There was a small note about the Mound in On the Sleeping Things, but the plateau described was very different, and the Pnakotic Fragments were… well, too fragmentary to be of use. I’ll try some of the others. I don’t have much hope, given the immensity of the library.

Day ? -- 4

I fell asleep in the library. That was not a good idea. I woke up from the worst dreams yet to some frankly terrifying sounds. I managed to grab this diary and run back up the tunnels. I don’t think I’ll be able to get back to sleep tonight.

The sun is coming up now. I’m looking out the attic window at the Mound, and something has changed. I’m not sure what it is, but it looks positively menacing now. I want to get out of this place as soon as possible. I’m going to go to the Wall and see if I can find a way down off of the plateau.
There’s nothing. The Wall goes down for a bit, and I could probably get to the bottom of that without much problem, but there aren’t as many handholds on the rock farther down, and it’s incredibly steep. Besides, I don’t know what I might find in the mist. Better to stay up here, for now.

Day ? -- 5

It woke up.

It woke up, and I am doomed.

I woke up just as the sun came up. My night had been unprecedentedly peaceful, with no dreams, but as I woke up something seemed to shift. There was something wrong. I looked out at the Mound, and I knew. There is something in the Mound, something that shouldn't exist. Some sort of cosmic violation that doesn't belong in any sane universe. It had been the Sleeper, but it’s awakening. I grabbed a few things and I ran for the Wall. I've been waiting here for nearly an hour, and the wrongness has strengthened the entire time. I can only assume that the Sleeper is taking some time to wake from its millennial sleep.

I can’t stay. I can feel the presence of the thing, almost a physical weight on me now. Every instinct I have is screaming at me to run, run as fast as I can, get away from this at all costs. But the only way to go is down, and when I look over the Wall the mists are swirling strangely. I’m caught between the unknown and the unknowable.

I had the presence of mind to store a rope in my pack last night. I am unutterably glad of that now. I had forgotten in the initial terror, but I found it just now. It means that I have a chance, to descend the cliff into the mists no matter how strange they are. The Sleeper is nearly awake, and if I am still here when it wakes, all will be lost. I shall choose the unknown rather than the unknowable. May the gods smile upon me.
piss

Krytonus
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:45 am

Shaggai wrote:

Mine is done, honestly. I make no assurances as to quality, but it should be short enough to judge without much difficulty.

Day 1

My memory has started to slip, probably due to the Mound. I am starting this journal to preserve information in the case of worse memory loss. I’m somewhat concerned about the general state of the Mound. This sort of memory loss is quite far beyond the normal effects. I’ll have to think about what to do.

I checked on the Mound. There was no activity besides the usual passive effects, although I’m not sure whether or not to consider the memory loss “activity”. It’s worrying, but not really the sort of activity that would be a serious warning sign. I performed the ritual with no problems, then returned.

In the afternoon, I went to the Wall. No changes. I saw some sort of bird on the way. I’m not sure what species it was, as it was flying east quite quickly. All in all, not much to write about today.

Day 2

Checked on the Mound, same as yesterday. There was minor resistance to the ritual, but nothing much. On a whim, I decided to climb to the top. It was beautiful. From up there, it’s possible to see quite far. I would do it more often, if it weren't for the passive effects of the Mound.

Later, I decided to explore the library some more. I managed to finish mapping the shelves I had started on, and started to map two other shelves that I hadn’t gotten to before. I stopped after hearing some strange noises off in the distance. I don’t know what caused them, but it’s not worth taking the chances right now.

Day 3

I woke up early due to odd dreams. I can’t quite remember their contents. They’re probably a side effect of the Mound, similar to the memory loss. Is the ritual working correctly? I should do some more research about the Mound in the shelves that I finished mapping. If lucky, I’ll be able to improve the ritual. I should have time, as there’s still no noticeable activity at the Mound and there was no resistance to the ritual today.

I went back to the library to see about the research. I looked over the new shelves a bit, but none of the titles seemed to be about the Mound. I could do a more thorough search, but I’ll look back at the other shelves first. I should probably reread some of the older books, as well. There may be clues I have missed.

Day 4

More dreams. I’m going to have to reread the books some more. I believe that Eibon may have had some useful information on the Mound, so I’ll start there. I should also probably look over the new shelves again. That’ll have to wait until I've checked the Mound, of course.

Nothing new at the Mound. Still no resistance to the ritual. I did look over some of the carvings around the base, but they didn't give any hints as to how to improve the ritual. Eibon had a few useful facts, but not enough to improve the ritual. I've gotten about halfway through one of the new shelves, and there’s some interesting material. Nothing concrete yet.

Day 5

I slept in a bit today, as the dreams weren't quite as strong. No activity at the Mound. I decided to check on the Wall, as well. There was another of the birds, but otherwise everything was normal there.

Did some research in the new books. Some of the stuff in Eibon makes more sense now. They also provided context for some of the Azif, but none of that applies to the ritual. With the new information and the contextualized stuff from Eibon, I think there might be a few improvements I can make. I’ll have to wait to implement them, though.

Day 6

Dreams back to previous intensity. No other activity at the Mound. I’m getting the feeling that I should record a bit more in this journal. It’s honestly not worth much if I don’t make use of it.

I briefly forgot the way down to the library. Luckily, it came back after a few minutes. I need to do more to fix the ritual before more serious stuff happens.
An unmarked book had a lot of useful stuff. It looks like the Sleeper is slightly different than I had previously thought. With that and Eibon’s information, I’ve started work on an improved ritual. It shouldn't be too big of a task. Maybe a day or two.

I've gotten stuck in the design of the improved ritual. One segment looks like it could be fixed with a simple qettklo clause, but closer inspection reveals some rather complicated nga’a structures which could require more intensive rewriting.

I decided to go on a walk to clear my head. I’m writing this from the Wall. No sign of the birds this time.

Back in the library. I've gotten the structures to work, using a few slightly unorthodox methods. They shouldn't compromise the effectiveness, though. The improved ritual is nearly done. I’ll finish it up tomorrow morning so I can test it.

Day 7

I tested the new ritual. I won’t know how effective it is until tonight, though. No activity at the Mound. There isn't much for me to do right now, so I’m reading some of the more interesting books. One, a collection of the writings of Klarkash-Ton, is very good entertainment, although I suspect at least a third of it is entirely made up.

Day ?

It appears that the “improved” ritual does not, in fact, work nearly as well as the previous one. Unfortunately, my presumed past self did not remember to include the actual ritual (either one) in his diary or elsewhere.
To clarify, it seems that I have lost all specific memory. I don’t know where I am, how I got here, or why I am here. I remembered my name for the first few days, but now I’ve forgotten that too. I just stumbled across this diary, and I've decided to write my further experiences down in it in order not to forget them.
The place I find myself is strange beyond imagination. It is, as far as I can tell, a plateau. It is certainly nowhere on Earth (and how do I remember Earth, for that matter? I don’t even know my own name, yet I know the name of my home planet?). The sun is dimmer and redder than the sun of Earth, but the stars are brighter and there are two small moons. The temperature is consistently chilly, but never quite freezing. The only vegetation is a strange sort of grey lichen-like material which grows in ugly, irregular splotches across the plateau. The only animal I have seen is some sort of flying creature (presumably the bird mentioned earlier, although its proportions were slightly off from any bird of which I know). The main landmarks are my house and what are presumably the Wall and the Mound.
Towards the edge of the plateau lies the Wall. It’s weather-worn and clearly very old, and surprisingly large when you get up close. It’s not too difficult to climb it, but on the other side the edge of the plateau drops off into darkness and mist.
The Mound is… well, it’s a mound. It’s a massive, vaguely pyramidal rock formation which juts out of the approximate center of the plateau. It scares me for some reason. I walked up closer and saw some sort of hieroglyphs engraved all across the surface. I’m definitely staying away from now on.
My house is the most incongruous of the three landmarks. It’s a small cottage, located about halfway between the Mound and the Wall. It takes me about ten minutes to walk to each, starting from my house. The most interesting part of my house is the underground tunnel system. It contains various passageways leading in all different directions. The interior of the plateau could be honeycombed with the things. There are arrows carved into the wall of one downward-leading tunnel, labeled “L”. I assume these lead to the library mentioned earlier, but it’s getting too late to check. I should probably go to bed now.

Day ? -- 2

I can’t remember what I dreamed, but I woke up screaming.

The arrows do, in fact, lead to the library. It’s the biggest library I've ever seen. There’s a large table near the entrance, with a few piles of old books on it. I assume these were the books I was reading previously. I flipped through one of them, which seemed to be some sort of list of demons and their properties. It was illustrated with some disturbing woodcuts.
There was a map under one pile of books. Seems like the library is even larger than it appeared at a first glance. I understand what I meant when I wrote about exploring new shelves. The library stretches on into the dim distance. There are lamps every few shelves, but I wouldn't dare to go farther than the mapped areas. I think I saw something uncomfortably large scuttle between two of the shelves.

Having been to the library, I've decided to walk around the plateau and see what else there is. I’ll record my observations when I get back.

Back from the walk. There is nothing else of note on the entire thing. What the hell? I would at least expect some oddly shaped rocks, but there’s nothing bigger than gravel, and the whole plateau is flat except for the Mound. Something is seriously wrong here.

Day ? -- 3

The dreams were worse. I still don’t quite remember what they were, but I know they had to do with the Mound.

I’ve gone to the library in order to see if I can figure out what the hell the ritual is. I’m starting with the Book of Eibon, since I have no other leads. Luckily, there’s a table of contents. There are a few potential sections that could be relevant: On the Sleeping Things, since I mentioned a Sleeper; Visions of a Plateau, for obvious reasons; and The Pnakotic Fragments, Regarding the Barren Worlds: Translated by Eibon, because this is a barren world if there ever was one.

There was a small note about the Mound in On the Sleeping Things, but the plateau described was very different, and the Pnakotic Fragments were… well, too fragmentary to be of use. I’ll try some of the others. I don’t have much hope, given the immensity of the library.

Day ? -- 4

I fell asleep in the library. That was not a good idea. I woke up from the worst dreams yet to some frankly terrifying sounds. I managed to grab this diary and run back up the tunnels. I don’t think I’ll be able to get back to sleep tonight.

The sun is coming up now. I’m looking out the attic window at the Mound, and something has changed. I’m not sure what it is, but it looks positively menacing now. I want to get out of this place as soon as possible. I’m going to go to the Wall and see if I can find a way down off of the plateau.
There’s nothing. The Wall goes down for a bit, and I could probably get to the bottom of that without much problem, but there aren’t as many handholds on the rock farther down, and it’s incredibly steep. Besides, I don’t know what I might find in the mist. Better to stay up here, for now.

Day ? -- 5

It woke up.

It woke up, and I am doomed.

I woke up just as the sun came up. My night had been unprecedentedly peaceful, with no dreams, but as I woke up something seemed to shift. There was something wrong. I looked out at the Mound, and I knew. There is something in the Mound, something that shouldn't exist. Some sort of cosmic violation that doesn't belong in any sane universe. It had been the Sleeper, but it’s awakening. I grabbed a few things and I ran for the Wall. I've been waiting here for nearly an hour, and the wrongness has strengthened the entire time. I can only assume that the Sleeper is taking some time to wake from its millennial sleep.

I can’t stay. I can feel the presence of the thing, almost a physical weight on me now. Every instinct I have is screaming at me to run, run as fast as I can, get away from this at all costs. But the only way to go is down, and when I look over the Wall the mists are swirling strangely. I’m caught between the unknown and the unknowable.

I had the presence of mind to store a rope in my pack last night. I am unutterably glad of that now. I had forgotten in the initial terror, but I found it just now. It means that I have a chance, to descend the cliff into the mists no matter how strange they are. The Sleeper is nearly awake, and if I am still here when it wakes, all will be lost. I shall choose the unknown rather than the unknowable. May the gods smile upon me.

It's Lovecraft, all right.
Last edited by Krytonus on Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Irishman who doesn't drink, nursing a Pepsi in the corner of The Pub.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:01 pm

As of now, you all have less then a month to get your stories in.

You have been notified.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

-Ebola-
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ebola- » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:11 pm

Moar stories plz. You guys have to distract me so I don't bored and go infecting people.
There are viruses on the internet! Make sure your computer is protected.
African, asexual, and proud.
Racism is foolish. You're all the same inside. I would know.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:52 pm

-Ebola- wrote:Moar stories plz. You guys have to distract me so I don't bored and go infecting people.

You.

I know you.

Go away. :p

Bunkeranlage
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bunkeranlage » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:40 pm

-Ebola- wrote:Moar stories plz. You guys have to distract me so I don't bored and go infecting people.

This ebola joke has gone too far.
~+~+~ RIP, Mr. Lee | (1923 - 2015) ~+~+~
Economic Left: 4.00 Social Libertarian: 1.59 | Ich bin INFP
My Manga Gallery | Bertrand Russell: The Case for Socialism | On Holocaust Denial | My Views
"What a talentless bastard! It irritates me that this self-fellated mediocrity is acclaimed as genius."

- P. I. Tchaikovsky, on Brahms

~+~+~+~

"I liked everything about the opera. Everything, except for the music."

- B. Britten, on Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress

~+~+~+~

"Hell is full of musical amateurs."

- George Bernard Shaw

Furry Alairia and Algeria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:43 pm

Bunkeranlage wrote:

It was a joke?
In memory of Dyakovo - may he never be forgotten - Дьяковожс ученик

I do not reply to telegrams, unless you are someone I know.

Bunkeranlage
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bunkeranlage » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:45 pm

Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:
Bunkeranlage wrote:

It was a joke?

A very poor attempt at one, if I may say so.
My Manga Gallery | Bertrand Russell: The Case for Socialism | On Holocaust Denial | My Views
"What a talentless bastard! It irritates me that this self-fellated mediocrity is acclaimed as genius."

~+~+~+~

~+~+~+~

- George Bernard Shaw

-Ebola-
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby -Ebola- » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:37 pm

Bunkeranlage wrote:

It was a joke?

No, I'm really a sentient virus.

Bunkeranlage
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bunkeranlage » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:39 pm

-Ebola- wrote:
Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:It was a joke?

To think that doctors are going to their deaths in Africa, and here we have someone pretending to be that very virus killing those people.

*is not impressed*

~+~+~+~

~+~+~+~

- George Bernard Shaw

-Ebola-
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby -Ebola- » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:45 pm

Bunkeranlage wrote:
-Ebola- wrote:

To think that doctors are going to their deaths in Africa, and here we have someone pretending to be that very virus killing those people.

*is not impressed*

We've had this conversation before. If posting with this nation was going to make more people catch Ebola IRL, I would stop posting.

Bunkeranlage
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bunkeranlage » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:48 pm

-Ebola- wrote:
Bunkeranlage wrote:

*is not impressed*

We've had this conversation before. If posting with this nation was going to make more people catch Ebola IRL, I would stop posting.

Of course. Everybody's entitled to their own idea of satire, though I don't think we should be making light of something so serious. It's the reason why Holocaust jokes are frowned upon.

(Somehow, it's not the same when you've experienced the terror of an actual epidemic before- in my case, SARS and H1N1)
Last edited by Bunkeranlage on Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

~+~+~+~

~+~+~+~

- George Bernard Shaw

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:00 pm

Bunkeranlage wrote:
-Ebola- wrote:

Of course. Everybody's entitled to their own idea of satire, though I don't think we should be making light of something so serious. It's the reason why Holocaust jokes are frowned upon.

(Somehow, it's not the same when you've experienced the terror of an actual epidemic before- in my case, SARS and H1N1)

And everybody's entitled to go with the stories that were to come.

Anytime now...

Bunkeranlage
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bunkeranlage » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:02 pm

Bunkeranlage wrote:

And everybody's entitled to go with the stories that were to come.

Anytime now...

With only 4 people, I wonder how we're gonna have this competition…

~+~+~+~

~+~+~+~

- George Bernard Shaw

-Ebola-
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby -Ebola- » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:03 pm

Bunkeranlage wrote:
-Ebola- wrote:

My main nation is dedicated to Nazi jokes. :?

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:03 pm

Bunkeranlage wrote:With only 4 people, I wonder how we're gonna have this competition…

We've still got time, now. No need to get pessimistic.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:04 pm

-Ebola- wrote:
Bunkeranlage wrote:

Makes me think of Nazi Flower Power.

Conserative Morality wrote:
Bunkeranlage wrote:With only 4 people, I wonder how we're gonna have this competition…

We've still got time, now. No need to get pessimistic.

True

Bunkeranlage
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bunkeranlage » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:06 pm

-Ebola- wrote:
Bunkeranlage wrote:

:blink:

~+~+~+~

~+~+~+~

- George Bernard Shaw

-Ebola-
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby -Ebola- » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:10 pm

-Ebola- wrote:

Makes me think of Nazi Flower Power.

That's the one.

Laerod
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 17, 2004
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Laerod » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:16 am

Bunkeranlage wrote:
Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:And everybody's entitled to go with the stories that were to come.

Anytime now...

A lot of entries don't come in till the end anyway. And even if they don't, less reading for me! =D

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:56 pm

Laerod wrote:
Bunkeranlage wrote:

A lot of entries don't come in till the end anyway. And even if they don't, less reading for me! =D

I expect at least a few more entries.

I am debating whether to write a different story to replace mine because I don't think it's my best work. I just kind of threw it together in a couple of days because the story I originally wanted to enter went over 6000 words. But I don't know what to write about if I make a 3rd try.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:01 pm

Tag. I may or may not finish what I'm working on in time for the deadline. If I don't, I can always save it for the Spring Short Story Contest :p
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction