NATION

PASSWORD

Thread six gamers: 4 (The Just thread)

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

How do YOU game?

Console (Please Specify)
16%
PC
48%
Arcade
No votes
Anything and Everything
28%
Other
2%
Something witty
7%

Total votes : 385

Spoder
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:06 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Spoder wrote:I always make what I feel like.

Last time I played NV, I was playing a character anybody could get behind (or rather, end up I front of :3).

Main skills are explosives, survival and guns.

His name?

Bigdick Johnson.

A tall black man with a bushy blonde beard and a quarter-inch blond butch cut, never seen in the Mojave without his cowboy hat and a bottle of sunset sasparilla.

Must've been an awkward reunion when you met up with Cass again, eh?

And to this day, Bigdick Johnson has maintained a terrible mistrust of any human life, with a 1-strike policy.

I can take Hydra whenever I want bitch.

In fact, throughout all my NV playthroughs I maintain the only likeable companions, and the only ones worth having are Lily and Captain Ballarms.
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:07 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Spoder wrote:Well, my post is blatantly false because I just remembered you can visit L-15 after it's been nuked.

But let's pretend you can't.

What if the NCR was sekritlee storing multiple nuclear warheads at L-15?

Hmm... depends on how close the nuke was when it went off. If it was a groundburst—which seems unlikely, since there was anything left, my guess is a moderately high airburst—then the warheads would probably be destroyed in the blast. The material in the pits would be scattered, significantly increasing the fallout. If, as again seems likely, it was an airburst or a groundburst far enough away that the bombs weren't outright destroyed and their pits were poorly shielded, there might have been enough prompt radiation to start a reaction, although they'd probably fizzle. If they had relatively high yields they could go off with maybe a couple dozen kilotons. My guess, based on a) the continued existence of "living" beings and structures at the site, and b) the lack of any additional craters, is that the warhead detonated fairly high up, probably several kilometers, and if any nuclear weapons were being stored on-site they were not detonated and probably weren't destroyed.

Amendment to this: after a quick refresher on gamma radiation, no, there is no way that any nukes stored at the Long 15 would be set off by the bomb. Since you can't find any and it's improbable that the detonation was close enough to destroy them, it's probably safe to say that there weren't any there.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Spoder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:08 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Hmm... depends on how close the nuke was when it went off. If it was a groundburst—which seems unlikely, since there was anything left, my guess is a moderately high airburst—then the warheads would probably be destroyed in the blast. The material in the pits would be scattered, significantly increasing the fallout. If, as again seems likely, it was an airburst or a groundburst far enough away that the bombs weren't outright destroyed and their pits were poorly shielded, there might have been enough prompt radiation to start a reaction, although they'd probably fizzle. If they had relatively high yields they could go off with maybe a couple dozen kilotons. My guess, based on a) the continued existence of "living" beings and structures at the site, and b) the lack of any additional craters, is that the warhead detonated fairly high up, probably several kilometers, and if any nuclear weapons were being stored on-site they were not detonated and probably weren't destroyed.

Amendment to this: after a quick refresher on gamma radiation, no, there is no way that any nukes stored at the Long 15 would be set off by the bomb. Since you can't find any and it's improbable that the detonation was close enough to destroy them, it's probably safe to say that there weren't any there.

Well what if the warheads were activated?

Idfk it's Fallout as long as shit blows up and it's cool and nobody but the PC wins mission is accomplished.
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:12 pm

Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Spoder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:14 pm

Bezombia wrote:NEW THREAD

fuk u

Everybody keep posting here until mods lock.
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:15 pm

Spoder wrote:
Bezombia wrote:NEW THREAD

fuk u

MODS ARE ASLEEP POST RARE PEPE

Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:16 pm

Spoder wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Amendment to this: after a quick refresher on gamma radiation, no, there is no way that any nukes stored at the Long 15 would be set off by the bomb. Since you can't find any and it's improbable that the detonation was close enough to destroy them, it's probably safe to say that there weren't any there.

Well what if the warheads were activated?

Idfk it's Fallout as long as shit blows up and it's cool and nobody but the PC wins mission is accomplished.

Still wouldn't happen. Even if it did go off closely enough that the bombs were caught in the explosion, they would only get compressed from one direction, which means no implosion (and thus no explosion), and the pit would probably be destroyed before it had enough time for any significant chain-reaction to happen. Best-case (or worst-case, if you like getting nuked) is that they fizzle, detonating with maybe the force of a few dozen tons, before the pit is scattered by the blast and increases the fallout. No significant effect on the blast.
~~~~~~~~

Spoder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:18 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Spoder wrote:fuk u

MODS ARE ASLEEP POST RARE PEPE

http://i.imgur.com/fkKzJ7r.jpg

Last edited by Spoder on Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:27 pm

Spoder wrote:
Bezombia wrote:MODS ARE ASLEEP POST RARE PEPE

http://i.imgur.com/fkKzJ7r.jpg

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:32 pm

This is going to have such a lovely ending I can tell.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:04 pm

Saw a countdown going onto a website, and I could help but imagine hearing, "Frame-shift drive charging."
~~~~~~~~

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:Saw a countdown going onto a website, and I could help but imagine hearing, "Frame-shift drive charging."

this thread is dead lol

gtfo normies

Spoder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Saw a countdown going onto a website, and I could help but imagine hearing, "Frame-shift drive charging."

this thread is dead lol

gtfo normies

mods r stil asleep
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Spoder wrote:
Bezombia wrote:this thread is dead lol

gtfo normies

mods r stil asleep

thank mr skeltal

Spoder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:09 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Spoder wrote:Image

mods r stil asleep

thank mr skeltal

Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction