NATION

PASSWORD

Thread six gamers: 4 (The Just thread)

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

How do YOU game?

Console (Please Specify)
16%
PC
48%
Arcade
No votes
Anything and Everything
28%
Other
2%
Something witty
7%

Total votes : 385

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:35 am

I don't care whether my team wins or loses as long as my KD is at least 1 :p
Yes, I'm a kd whore, sue me.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:37 am

Cadonica wrote:I don't care whether my team wins or loses as long as my KD is at least 1 :p

*Files a legal action with the courts*

But yeah i dont care if i win or lose in most games as long as the fighting is great, some of my best games in BF3 were defeats but the fighting was just sooo fucking good i did not care. Much Dakka was had in those days, the Orks would be proud.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:56 am

The Corparation wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:I still had fun, but less so, because it's virtually impossible to win when half of your team is crouching in a corner, hitting eachother whole typing in caps lock, or trying to do taunts with the enemy team.
I'd like to play the game, as I should be able to do when on a regular server. They can do these "fun" things on a "fun" server.

You had less fun because you're team wasn't winning? You take the game too seriously.

That's actually one of my measures of a game's quality. Losing within a game should be fun.
"You know what I was. You see what I am. Change me, change me!" - Randall Jarrell.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:00 am

Czechanada wrote:
The Corparation wrote:You had less fun because you're team wasn't winning? You take the game too seriously.

That's actually one of my measures of a game's quality. Losing within a game should be fun.

Although when your game is more fun to lose than it is to win there's a problem
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:00 am

Bralia wrote:Randomly stumbled upon a damn fine interview between Angry Joe and the Paradox CEO. I imagine this thread will love this more, considering it seems we love to talk about corporate ethics more than gaming itself.

Eh, my main grievance is their abundance of micro-DLC that should be in the main game with no excuse.
"You know what I was. You see what I am. Change me, change me!" - Randall Jarrell.

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:06 am

The Corparation wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:I still had fun, but less so, because it's virtually impossible to win when half of your team is crouching in a corner, hitting eachother whole typing in caps lock, or trying to do taunts with the enemy team.
I'd like to play the game, as I should be able to do when on a regular server. They can do these "fun" things on a "fun" server.

You had less fun because you're team wasn't winning? You take the game too seriously.

No, because we stoodn't any chance because 3 or so people were going all out lolsorandom xDD
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Abserdia » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:24 am

Czechanada wrote:
The Corparation wrote:You had less fun because you're team wasn't winning? You take the game too seriously.

MONSTER HUNTER
(RAAAWR)

MH is one of my favorite games, specifically MH3U, for 1 reason.
Progress, even when you lose.
Every time you kill a new monster, you can carve it to make bigger weapons and armor, and when you lose you can't carve it.
Instead, you learn more about it. Its moves, its favorite areas, how long it fly/digs, etc. That make it more likely for you to win, not by armor, but by skill and learning.

If you have a Wii U or 3DS, get MH3U or MH4U.
It has some of the best combat in gaming, but the story is sub-par and simply the "Save this village!" story, except for MH4U, which actually has an OK story.
Well, enough about ranting about how amazing MH is, one of my problems is the community.
I love it, we help each-other out on difficult quests, but most of the noobs get carried by vets! That completely ruins the fun of getting the next weapon with people with similar HR's.

Was this post way too long?
That's how long you'll spend with MH if you like it.
I've been playing MH3U for nearly 90 hours, and I'll probably play it for 100 more.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:24 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:

No, because we stoodn't any chance because 3 or so people were going all out lolsorandom xDD

It's rationalization like that leads to anger within games which has the potential to ruin the atmosphere for everyone. Enthusiast players playing with beginners on a team and losing as a result might feel that the beginners are playing "lolsorandom," and yet there is no justification for them to get upset.

The nature of a public multiplayer game designed to be played with a set amount of players that are incidentally determined means that there is no guarantee on the quality or motivation of players that will fill the server. Thus it's irrational to expect everyone to play at a certain level of skill or playstyle.

Whenever I play a multiplayer game, I don't care if my team is bad. I simply play the game to the best of my ability, because that's the only thing I can control. If I lose, it matters not, because I can say that I put in my best effort and had fun.

If you want a Team Fortress 2 server with players that play the way that you expect them to, then play on a private server or servers with active administrators that enforce rules against loitering and such.
Last edited by Czechanada on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:27 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Cadonica wrote:I don't care whether my team wins or loses as long as my KD is at least 1 :p

*Files a legal action with the courts*

But yeah i dont care if i win or lose in most games as long as the fighting is great, some of my best games in BF3 were defeats but the fighting was just sooo fucking good i did not care. Much Dakka was had in those days, the Orks would be proud.

In TF2 one of my friends killed me 38 times in a row with a random crit. I hadn't laughed so much in ages xD
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:30 am

Cadonica wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:*Files a legal action with the courts*

In TF2 one of my friends killed me 38 times in a row with a random crit. I hadn't laughed so much in ages xD

Me and my bro play Mario 3D World sometimes, and it usually follows this pattern:
1: Level starts
2: We start messing around
3: We die due to each other
4: Repeat 3 for about 15 minutes
5: We finally win
6: My brother gets the crown
7: Now its a competition to see who can get the crown to the flagpole
Rinse and repeat.
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:32 am

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:37 am

There is nothing better in BF4 then charging through a hail of gunfire whilst your team gets slaughtered around you to burn a hole in someones skull with a blowtorch.

Ah fun times.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:41 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:There is nothing better in BF4 then charging through a hail of gunfire whilst your team gets slaughtered around you to burn a hole in someones skull with a blowtorch.

Ah fun times.

I personally like sniping the driver of a car in the head while the gunner frantically looks for you and you get a headshot off him and then somebody in your squad takes the car, drives to you and you get in it as the gunner and get a big kill streak.

Or blowing up an area as a commander.
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:50 am

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graph ... fications/

NVIDIA is facing a class-action lawsuit over the GTX 970 scandal.

I commend those who brought the suit forward.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:51 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:There is nothing better in BF4 then charging through a hail of gunfire whilst your team gets slaughtered around you to burn a hole in someones skull with a blowtorch.

Ah fun times.

Kills with the Repair Tool are always hilarious.

During the early days of BF4 (pre-CR) I once killed an entire vehicle crew (five guys) just by running up to them and burning them with the repair tool.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:38 am

The Matthew Islands wrote:Ya, it's retro man. All the cool indie games are doing it.

Yeah, retro is seriously being overused. It's getting really old now. I can appreciate it sometimes in games but now it is all these generic retro soundtracks with generic retro visuals. I'd rather something unique and cool looking visually thank you.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:38 am

Corrian wrote:It's getting really old now.

;)

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:52 am

The Matthew Islands wrote:
Bezombia wrote:
Those graphics are awful. Who would design such a turd?

Ya, it's retro man. All the cool indie games are doing it.

And I hate it. I did not live through twenty years of of bad graphics just to see those same bad graphics be put on a pedestal as "retro" and "classic".
Save it for the arcades, please.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:54 am

Eh, like I said, sometimes it is done in a rather cool way. But other times? Yeah it is totally desperately retro.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:56 am

Bezombia wrote:
The Matthew Islands wrote:Ya, it's retro man. All the cool indie games are doing it.

And I hate it. I did not live through twenty years of of bad graphics just to see those same bad graphics be put on a pedestal as "retro" and "classic".

And now you can live through twenty years of games that ignore gameplay and story to focus on graphics. ;)

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:07 am

Czechanada wrote:
Bezombia wrote:

And now you can live through twenty years of games that ignore gameplay and story to focus on graphics. ;)

Considering that in the past all we had was gameplay and no graphics, I'll take that deal.

If BF4 had COD2-level graphics it'd be unplayable.

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:13 am

Bezombia wrote:
Czechanada wrote:

Considering that in the past all we had was gameplay and no graphics, I'll take that deal.

I was referring to recent trends like modern COD, Crysis 2 and 3, Thief, Ryse, The Order: 1886, Destiny, and so forth.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:14 am

Czechanada wrote:
Bezombia wrote:Considering that in the past all we had was gameplay and no graphics, I'll take that deal.

I was referring to recent trends like modern COD, Crysis 2 and 3, Thief, Ryse, The Order: 1886, Destiny, and so forth.

Well the issue is with games that have neither good graphics nor good gameplay.

Games such as The Order, Destiny, every cod released since 2010, etc.

The Matthew Islands
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Matthew Islands » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:36 am

I don't care what any of you bitches say.

Miranda is mah waifu and I will always fall to the ass effect.
Souseiseki wrote:as a posting career in the UK Poltics Thread becomes longer, the probability of literally becoming souseiseki approaches 1

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:21 pm

Bezombia wrote:

Ah fun times.

Kills with the Repair Tool are always hilarious.

During the early days of BF4 (pre-CR) I once killed an entire vehicle crew (five guys) just by running up to them and burning them with the repair tool.

They are just as funny if you fail sometimes. About three or four matches after that kill i mentioned i was fighting in one of the maps in China (cant remember the name, something highway i believe) and the house around me and all the guys in it got blown to pieces by a russian tank and in glorious desperation i charged the fucker with my blowtorch invoking the name of Xi Jinping our glorious leader.

And he actually backpedaled to avoid me, rolling back down the hill, his secondary gunner desperately trying to gun me down as i charged him for the Peoples Republic of China!

Then he reloaded and blew me up...
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction