NATION

PASSWORD

What Music Are You Listening To? Part X

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:28 pm

Grave - Burial At Sea
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Ancient Magmia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Magmia » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:31 pm

Lupe Fiasco – Mission
Album: Tetsuo & Youth (upcoming album)
Genre: hip hop (conscious)
Year: 2014
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato
Dear Diary, I'm Having a Little Problem
Add 3984 to my post count

My Last.fm, Spotify profile, RYM, and Essential Magmiacore
Hip hop, jazz, reggae, soul/neo-soul, R&B, and funk fan

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:32 pm

Sodom - Wanted Dead
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:35 pm

Grave - Autopsied
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:38 pm

DragonForce - Storming the Burning Fields

The last song for today.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

Ancient Magmia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Magmia » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:42 pm

Lupe Fiasco – Letting Go - feat. Sarah Green
Album: Lasers
Genre: Pop rap, conscious hip hop
Year: 2011

6 more scrobbles and I'll have scrobbled him 1,000 times. :p
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato
Dear Diary, I'm Having a Little Problem
Add 3984 to my post count

My Last.fm, Spotify profile, RYM, and Essential Magmiacore
Hip hop, jazz, reggae, soul/neo-soul, R&B, and funk fan

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:08 pm

Corrian wrote:Black Sabbath-Solitude

Wait, the singing in this is actually Ozzy? :blink: I thought it was another member....

Black Sabbath-After Forever
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:18 pm

Motörhead - Back At The Funny Farm

Opening track of the 1983 album Another Perfect Day.

Bacopa
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bacopa » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:21 pm

U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
agile - mobile - hostile

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:25 pm

Motörhead - Dancing On Your Grave

Bacopa
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bacopa » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:29 pm

U2 - New Year's Day
agile - mobile - hostile

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:34 pm

Motörhead - One Track Mind

Corvinna
Attaché

Founded: Sep 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvinna » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:37 pm

Breaking Benjanmin-Away
Freedom? Freedom is an illusion. You all, every one of you, serve and obey your masters every single day. Children obey their parents to avoid being punished. Adults obey their employers to avoid being fired. Good citizens obey the law to avoid imprisonment. You ALL obey ME to avoid a very painful death. Freedom, my friends, is life’s great lie. Once you accept that, in your hearts, you will know peace.”

Lady Morrigana, Supreme Ruler and One True Goddess of the Empire of Corvinna

“It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind.”

Terry Pratchett, Jingo
Economic Left/right: -2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarianism: 5.38
https://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2?ec=-2.25&soc=5.38

Bacopa
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bacopa » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:38 pm

U2 - Drowning Man
agile - mobile - hostile

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:39 pm

Motörhead - Another Perfect Day

Bacopa
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bacopa » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:46 pm

U2 - Two Hearts Beat As One
agile - mobile - hostile

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:46 pm

Motörhead - Marching Off To War

Bacopa
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bacopa » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:51 pm

U2 - Red Light
agile - mobile - hostile

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:58 pm

Motörhead - Die You Bastard

Bacopa
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bacopa » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:00 pm

U2 - "40"
agile - mobile - hostile

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:24 pm

Leonard Cohen - First We Take Manhattan

From the 1988 album I'm Your Man.

Schirmerland2
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schirmerland2 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:26 pm

Alan Jackson-Chattahoochee

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:29 pm

Leonard Cohen - Ain't No Cure For Love

Atlanticatia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlanticatia » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:37 pm

Lorde - Yellow Flicker Beat
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95

Pros: social democracy, LGBT+ rights, pro-choice, free education and health care, environmentalism, Nordic model, secularism, welfare state, multiculturalism
Cons: social conservatism, neoliberalism, hate speech, racism, sexism, 'right-to-work' laws, religious fundamentalism
i'm a dual american-new zealander previously lived in the northeast US, now living in new zealand. university student.
Social Democrat and Progressive.
Hanna Nilsen, Leader of the SDP. Equality, Prosperity, and Opportunity: The Social Democratic Party

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:38 pm

Leonard Cohen - Everybody Knows

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction