NATION

PASSWORD

Thread 4 Gamers

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:42 am

Corvus Metallum wrote:I declared war on Salzburg in EU IV and was instantly raped by Austria....

I warned you!
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Spoder
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:42 am

Licana wrote:The obvious thing that is going to happen is I'm going to buy a Constellation, drag my friends into the game to become my crew, start calling myself Captain Reynolds, and become a smuggler.

:clap:

Nah.

It's the Karthu 'Al or the Redeemer, or the Scythe.

And of course when I attract more peasant bounty hunters, I'll form a mercenary army with a Javelin Destroyer as my flagship.
Last edited by Spoder on Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

Spoder
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:43 am

Keep in mind, I will first need to build a good PC.
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:53 am

I don't like the aesthetics of the Javelin. :/

I hope they make a Sulaco-esque capital ship for Star Citizen at some point.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:58 am

I've decided to start preemptively hating myself for buying Battlefront.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:13 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Corvus Metallum wrote:I declared war on Salzburg in EU IV and was instantly raped by Austria....

I warned you!

Luckily, I had a save right before I declared war, so it wasn't a total loss...but, yeah. Austria is way too OP. :unsure:

I wonder how well a run as Bohemia would go....

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:25 pm

Corvus Metallum wrote:
Bezombia wrote:
I warned you!

Luckily, I had a save right before I declared war, so it wasn't a total loss...but, yeah. Austria is way too OP. :unsure:

Install Extended Timeline and play as the Czech Republic instead :P
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:06 pm

Spoder wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:What will you call your ship? Every infamous Bounty hunter needs a good ship name.

Mánagarm

or

Jormungandr

Ah, the World Serpent and the Moon Hound, Great norse names and great ship names.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:19 pm

Spoder wrote:
The Corparation wrote:That's actually the plan. Chris Roberts has stated multiple times that there will be systems in game that haven't been discovered, and that in the future they won't release the locations for new systems requiring a player to find them. I think that The exploration in Star citizen be comparable to No Man's Sky due to hire fundamental differences on Exploration, No Man's Sly it being the norm, something everyone does, star citizen it's a role you can try and a role in which lucky/devoted/real-life-lacking few will leave a lasting legacy.

I don't just mean that, I mean being able to fill in the "starmap". As in, you can be an explorer and discover new systems and sell their locations to however makes these "starmaps".

Or keep the entire system to yourself. For reasons.
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:20 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
Spoder wrote:I don't just mean that, I mean being able to fill in the "starmap". As in, you can be an explorer and discover new systems and sell their locations to however makes these "starmaps".

Or keep the entire system to yourself. For reasons.

Yes... reasons.. mwahaha
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:27 pm

Spoder wrote:
The Corparation wrote:That's actually the plan. Chris Roberts has stated multiple times that there will be systems in game that haven't been discovered, and that in the future they won't release the locations for new systems requiring a player to find them. I think that The exploration in Star citizen be comparable to No Man's Sky due to hire fundamental differences on Exploration, No Man's Sly it being the norm, something everyone does, star citizen it's a role you can try and a role in which lucky/devoted/real-life-lacking few will leave a lasting legacy.

I don't just mean that, I mean being able to fill in the "starmap". As in, you can be an explorer and discover new systems and sell their locations to however makes these "starmaps".

That is exactly how its going work. The systems are completely uncharted. There is no plan to have any indication where they would be or how to get to them. You have to search systems for new jump points to find them. Then after you plot the jump point you sell the jump point information to the government and get to name the system you found. That or have you own super secret base in a super secret solar system which will last exactly as long as it takes for the next guy to find the jump point and claim the place as their own. I'd go with the first option, if only to name a system something that would be fine tuned to slip past the censors.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:45 pm

Rushing for Gauss weapons has also made me appreciate the laser cannon for your Interceptors far more. The coilgun just doesn't compare. :/
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:51 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Corvus Metallum wrote:Luckily, I had a save right before I declared war, so it wasn't a total loss...but, yeah. Austria is way too OP. :unsure:

Is that a mod, or DLC? :unsure:

The only benefit I can see to playing as the Czech Republic would be the beer...and even then, I don't know if it would be worth it. :lol2:

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:53 pm

Corvus Metallum wrote:
Bezombia wrote:

The only benefit I can see to playing as the Czech Republic would be the beer...and even then, I don't know if it would be worth it. :lol2:

Mod, and a great one at that. You can find it on the steam workshop, its like the third highest rated EU4 mod.

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:54 pm

Licana wrote:Rushing for Gauss weapons has also made me appreciate the laser cannon for your Interceptors far more. The coilgun just doesn't compare. :/

Whatever game you're playing I must note thats serious bullshit.

Gauss weapons are fucking boss.
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:55 pm

Corvus Metallum wrote:
Bezombia wrote:

It's a mod (so it's free). Go on Steam Workshop and search "extended timeline".

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:59 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Corvus Metallum wrote:Is that a mod, or DLC? :unsure:

Found it, and will download when my dad isn't complaining about my siblings and I sucking all the bandwidth. :p

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:02 pm

Corvus Metallum wrote:
Bezombia wrote:

Found it, and will download when my dad isn't complaining about my siblings and I sucking all the bandwidth. :p

It's literally like 5MB

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:05 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Corvus Metallum wrote:Found it, and will download when my dad isn't complaining about my siblings and I sucking all the bandwidth. :p

It's literally like 5MB

Do you know how long 5MB takes when your little sister is watching every episode of every show she watches, 24/7? :meh:

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:18 pm

Corvus Metallum wrote:
Bezombia wrote:
It's literally like 5MB

Do you know how long 5MB takes when your little sister is watching every episode of every show she watches, 24/7? :meh:

Corvus if I can download it in less than three minutes with a 3.8 Mbps connection then you can download it too

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:27 pm

I can sing along with this song now with very few slip ups :P

From Omega to Mars
From the Council to the seediest bars
From the reaches of space
To the pillars of Asari grace

There are battle-worn Batarians lacking in humility
Turians a braggin' bout their reach and flexibility
The clutter of the cities spreads to the loneliest stars

But no matter what scars you bear
Whatever uniform you wear
You can fight like a Krogan, run like a leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard

In the Citadel's halls
Inside the shining walls
Hear the stories from Earth
Fighters wanna prove their worth

Salarian science smothered in idiom
About as stimulating as scanning for iridium
But one tale holds every mind enthralled

Cause no matter what scars you bear

Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard

No matter what scars you bear

Never be better than Commander Shepard
Never be better than Commander Shepard (Yeah!)
ASSUMING CONTROL
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:34 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Corvus Metallum wrote:Do you know how long 5MB takes when your little sister is watching every episode of every show she watches, 24/7? :meh:

Corvus if I can download it in less than three minutes with a 3.8 Mbps connection then you can download it too

I have Skybeam...and get, on average, about 150 Kbps.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:36 pm

Corvus Metallum wrote:
Bezombia wrote:

I have Skybeam...and get, on average, about 150 Kbps.

...Okay fine you're off the hook.
For now.

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:42 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Corvus Metallum wrote:I have Skybeam...and get, on average, about 150 Kbps.

...Okay fine you're off the hook.
For now.

It works fine for me most of the time when nobody else is doing stuff, but when my sister starts streaming Netflix, it turns to utter shit and gets about ~50-60 Kbps for download speeds.

Luckily, I'll be out of the house and will be able to get my own ISP after next year when I'm in college. :p

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:53 pm

I've noticed in Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. that it seems that all of the KVA cannon fodder/soldiers have some sort of Eastern European(?) accent and nothing else. Even in the US.

I would assume that in the US we would be fighting more US/Canadian/Mexican terrorist.
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction