NATION

PASSWORD

Thread 4 Gamers

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:22 pm

*Decides to get off laptop finally to use PC again*

*Tries to start Steam*

*Nothing happens*

*Tries repeatedly*

*Nothing happens*

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/236580-c ... tion-faces

*Hops back on laptop*
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:23 pm

Corrian wrote:*Decides to get off laptop finally to use PC again*

*Tries to start Steam*

*Nothing happens*

*Tries repeatedly*

*Nothing happens*

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/236580-c ... tion-faces

*Hops back on laptop*

http://www.issteamdown.com/
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:25 pm

Bezombia wrote:http://www.issteamdown.com/

It's just my PC being itself. It won't even start up at all.
My Last.FM and RYM

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:33 pm

Asia?

I AM ASIA!!

As Asia, I am officially renaming the continent to Chagasia. Not to be confused with Chafrica or Chagascar:

They're my colonies.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:36 pm

I've been about to ask this forever, what is that game?
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:38 pm

Cadonica wrote:I've been about to ask this forever, what is that game?

Europe Universalis IV.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:41 pm

Bonus maps:

Political: https://i.imgur.com/oAb8M3o.png
As you can see, the Chagatai Khaganate is massive. Owned every provinces in mainland Asia and many in Europe/Africa.
Also of note: Aragon taking over Iberia, Switzerland blobbing in the HRE, Hungary annexing Austria, large Venice, weak France, England, etc.

Religious: https://i.imgur.com/BNrx4ub.png
As you can see, every province in mainland Asia is Sunni. I did not push into Japan for political reasons, so they remain Shinto.

Diplomatic: https://i.imgur.com/XS4H4Z4.png
As you can see, I'm at war with every single one of my land neighbors. I was running the Always War mod, which led this to be the case.
Last edited by Bezombia on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:57 pm

Registug wrote:Rant fucking over.

Registug for OP 2015.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:32 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKz0WHQaaJE

The main menu sound track is fucking awesome, i love listening to this piece of music. Really puts you in the mood for some glorious revolutionary conquest.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:40 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKz0WHQaaJE

The main menu sound track is fucking awesome, i love listening to this piece of music. Really puts you in the mood for some glorious revolutionary conquest.

Eh, sounds too straightforward for my taste, though it does seem good for the game.

I added some more soundtracks to go through as well.

Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3, Max Payne, Max Payne 2, and Quake soundtracks.
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:52 pm

It's bad to hang out on the part of YouTube that has "Full this or that soundtrack" because I start clicking on random ones to check it out...

The Max Payne ones and Silent Hill ones I wanted to check out more of anyway, but the Quake soundtrack wasn't supposed to be a part of this...though Trent Reznor, so yeah, might as well check it out, anyway.
My Last.FM and RYM

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:31 pm

Bezombia wrote:Asia?

(Image)

I AM ASIA!!

As Asia, I am officially renaming the continent to Chagasia. Not to be confused with Chafrica or Chagascar:

(Image)

They're my colonies.

:lol2:

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:27 pm

Damn, the Quake soundtrack is epic
My Last.FM and RYM

The Matthew Islands
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Matthew Islands » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Man, sinking the Yamato in Battlestations pacific is always satisfying.

Its also really satisfying using a Battleship to blow a Destroyer to smithereens.

*edit*
Also my new years resolution is to stop calling it, Battlesations: Specific.
Last edited by The Matthew Islands on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Souseiseki wrote:as a posting career in the UK Poltics Thread becomes longer, the probability of literally becoming souseiseki approaches 1

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:36 pm

>contact: Large UFO flying NOE
>ignore bc interceptors only have missiles
>landing
>wat
>A-team assemble!
>half of A-team is still down due to previous EXALT op
>spend full minute frantically trying to figure out if I can do this
>send out the team
>all starting weapons, only two guys have Phalanx armour (ghetto Carapace armour if you've never played LW) plus a regular SHIV
>assault goes well, clean up various alien pods around the harverster before moving to the control room, only one guy received one point of damage from a Seeker
>open doors
>six outsiders
>six fucking outsiders
>oh god what do
>sends in the SHIV on a suicide flank, throws all of the grenades
>two outsiders down
>outsider leader (whom has like 20 fucking health) barrels right past my guys and into a position I can't see behind me
>SHIV somehow survives return fire
>fuck it, storm the three remaining outsiders in the control room with everything I have
>Everyone is flanked by everyone
>THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT ensues

And this was how I managed to get a massive amount of resources at the cost of two of my best soliders and a SHIV. Six fucking outsiders man.
>American education
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:50 pm

Licana wrote:>contact: Large UFO flying NOE
>landing
>wat
>A-team assemble!
>send out the team
>all starting weapons, only two guys have Phalanx armour (ghetto Carapace armour if you've never played LW) plus a regular SHIV
>assault goes well, clean up various alien pods around the harverster before moving to the control room, only one guy received one point of damage from a Seeker
>open doors
>six outsiders
>six fucking outsiders
>oh god what do
>two outsiders down
>outsider leader (whom has like 20 fucking health) barrels right past my guys and into a position I can't see behind me
>fuck it, storm the three remaining outsiders in the control room with everything I have

And this was how I managed to get a massive amount of resources at the cost of two of my best soliders and a SHIV. Six fucking outsiders man.

Sometimes I feel me and other XCOM players should value the concept of tactical retreat/repositioning more.

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:55 pm

My plan was to retreat, until that the outsider leader did a yolo rush to somewhere behind me. :>

My squad was split up, with three guys on a one person wide door (these guys are the ones that saw the Outsider leader) and four guys plus a shiv on a three man wide door. My choice to hit the control room and the three outsiders came from a desire to get all of my squad together, as I wasn't sure if my three guys could handle the Outsider leader on their own and knowing that my other team wouldn't be able to get there and help on the same turn.
Last edited by Licana on Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:01 pm

Started a new game, on the first interception. Spent like ten minutes hunting a single Sectoid through the woods. Finally killed him, then triggered the next pod. Spent the last five minutes hunting this bastard, and it's probably going to take another five to catch him.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:07 pm

Gang Beasts is weirdly addicting. Great little multiplayer game for my family to play. Though the game reminded us that the "super" computer hates physics, because some maps are unplayable. It's also the Unity engine, so, you know...But it sounds like they're fixing the issue.
My Last.FM and RYM

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:30 pm

Fucking swarming terror mission. 32 aliens and they're all chrysalids and zombies, and I forget to bring an assault or a shotgun.

Managed to save 9 (iirc) civilians, and 4 of the 7 guys I sent on that mission got promoted and none took any damage, but that was still nerve wracking.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

New Tsavon
Minister

Founded: Mar 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Tsavon » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:31 pm

Agritum wrote:
>landing
>wat
>A-team assemble!
>send out the team
>open doors
>six outsiders
>six fucking outsiders
>oh god what do
>two outsiders down

Sometimes I feel me and other XCOM players should value the concept of tactical retreat/repositioning more.

Retreating?

What are you, a coward?
Ave Nex Alea

Mallorea and Riva should resign

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:34 pm

Licana wrote:
Registug wrote:Rant fucking over.

Registug for OP 2015.

Nope
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Bezkoshtovnya
Senator

Founded: Sep 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezkoshtovnya » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:34 pm

Had to threaten and rob the old people in the quiet house and its only day 11....
Dante Alighieri wrote:There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.
ΦΣK
------------------

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:38 pm

New Tsavon wrote:
Agritum wrote:Sometimes I feel me and other XCOM players should value the concept of tactical retreat/repositioning more.

Retreating?

What are you, a coward?

It's not like we've got a shortage of rookies.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.

New Naephak
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Naephak » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:46 pm

>landing
>wat
>A-team assemble!
>send out the team
>open doors
>six outsiders
>six fucking outsiders
>oh god what do
>two outsiders down

In LW you need an A-team, a B-team, a C-team, and probably a D-team.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction