NATION

PASSWORD

ASoIAF/Game of Thrones general Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thoughts on HOTD Episode Ten: "The Black Queen"

5 Stars
67%
4 Stars
8%
3 Stars
No votes
2 Stars
No votes
1 Star
17%
Not seen it yet
8%

Total votes : 12

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:25 pm

Ifreann wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:No wonder she wants no part of his kingdom.

"We're all agreed, your weirdo creep brother is going to be our king"
"Cool, I'm suddenly overcome with secessionist sentiment"

"I think we'll need to take the Vale and Riverlands with us, the put as much distance between him and us as possible."
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:53 pm

Season 9 by D and D...

Bran starts abusing his powers.

Tyrion tells Bronn “we must kill Bran”

Bran shows up: “it’s destined that I will be killed. Do it. The wheel is already in motion.”

Tyrion: “Bronn do it!”

Bronn throws down his knife “no... I will not do it” *suddenly grows out of character conscience...

Arya shows up in North America. What follows is a terribly insensitive arc in which she and crew try to befriend the natives. A new D and D OC/love interest tries to warn Arya that just because they are not in Westeros it doesn’t mean the Game is over...

The tribes attack Arya and her crew during a fake peace offering. Arya’s ships are burned and many of her crew is captured and brutally sacrificed to the god of rain (in a highly exploitative scene that puts the Red Wedding to shame).

Arya seems to lose her focus and assassin powers in the new world

However, she picks out Needle and says out loud

“I am a Stark. Even in the New World.”

Somehow this unlocks hidden OP powers. She then goes sword-wielding John Wick on the entire rain tribe. Unbelievably good Ramin music plays to compensate for the writing...

Her one person slaughter of the enemy is well acted and well shown (and there is blood and mud everywhere) but the writing is questionable...

Jon comes back with a beard and wants to be King in the Notth after all. He and Sansa plot against each other. Jon becomes a villain somehow

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:02 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Season 9 by D and D...

Bran shows up: “it’s destined that I will be killed. Do it. The wheel is already in motion.”

Bronn throws down his knife “no... I will not do it” *suddenly grows out of character conscience...

Arya shows up in North America. What follows is a terribly insensitive arc in which she and crew try to befriend the natives. A new D and D OC/love interest tries to warn Arya that just because they are not in Westeros it doesn’t mean the Game is over...

The tribes attack Arya and her crew during a fake peace offering. Arya’s ships are burned and many of her crew is captured and brutally sacrificed to the god of rain (in a highly exploitative scene that puts the Red Wedding to shame).

Somehow this unlocks hidden OP powers. She then goes sword-wielding John Wick on the entire rain tribe. Unbelievably good Ramin music plays to compensate for the writing...

Her one person slaughter of the enemy is well acted and well shown (and there is blood and mud everywhere) but the writing is questionable...

Jon comes back with a beard and wants to be King in the Notth after all. He and Sansa plot against each other. Jon becomes a villain somehow

You're one of the best memes I've ever encountered.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:17 am

Fedel wrote:

You're one of the best memes I've ever encountered.

Season 9 Tyrion arc

More dwarves are introduced into the story. D and D want to retcon it so that all dwarves have exceptional intelligence and/or fighting skills.

This causes a massive fan backlash because it takes a giant dump on Tyrion’s character (he’s only smart now because of dwarfism) and seems 100 percent inconsistent with how dwarves we’re seen in previous seasons.

The dwarves try to take over the Iron Throne (after Bran kills himself); they want Tyrion to join them but Tyrion chooses to side with the Tall People.

This all ends in some convoluted gunpowder plot to blow KL up. The dwarves create a fake bomb while making it look real and trick Tyrion into replacing the fake bomb with another fake bomb. The dwarves then bring the real bomb with them. However, due to a fluke Tyrion works out the gamble... he has the real bomb and actually the second bomb the dwarves bring us also fake. The bomb doesn’t go off... Tyrion goes all Sherlock as he explains how he worked everything out, and the dwarves conspiracy is ended.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:17 am

No.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:28 am

Jon was the villain. All he had to do was love Dany, and all would have been right with the world.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:36 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:

No.

Don't you want to see a movie about an older Arya Stark and her crew going up against a New World/American tribe/cult?

The cult of the Rain (I'm sure D and D can come up with a better name)

it can still have GOT style lessons about trusting the wrong people and doing what is necessary to win etc...

I'd want the set designers/costume team from Seasons 1-2 though... ENOUGH with the god damned bland black outfits; back to the days of the colourful clothes and elaborate sets
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:47 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:No.

Don't you want to see a movie about an older Arya Stark and her crew going up against a New World/American tribe/cult?

it can still have GOT style lessons about trusting the wrong people and doing what is necessary to win etc...

I'd want the set designers/costume team from Seasons 1-2 though... ENOUGH with the god damned bland black outfits; back to the days of the colourful clothes and elaborate sets

No not really, i lost interest in her over time and dont really care about her any more.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:19 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:

No not really, i lost interest in her over time and dont really care about her any more.

what if it was a story arc about her trying to do the "honourable thing" in the New World, and then realising that the Game continues even in the New World?

A coming of age story with her (kind of like Sansa except with less backtracking, more focus, and more combat)?

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:35 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:No not really, i lost interest in her over time and dont really care about her any more.

what if it was a story arc about her trying to do the "honourable thing" in the New World, and then realising that the Game continues even in the New World?

A coming of age story with her (kind of like Sansa except with less backtracking, more focus, and more combat)?

I dont care about Arya IM and i have no real interest in her exploring the ASOIAF equivalent of north america.

Also she already is of age and has had her coming of age story, you would just be retreading ground that was already covered. She is not a child any more, she is an adult.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:06 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:

I dont care about Arya IM and i have no real interest in her exploring the ASOIAF equivalent of north america.

Also she already is of age and has had her coming of age story, you would just be retreading ground that was already covered. She is not a child any more, she is an adult.

I am not interested in seeing her sailing off the edge of the earth either.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Auristania
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Auristania » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:58 pm

Arya discovers USA but instead of establishing colonies in New York, New England, New Hampshire etc, Arya extablishes colonies in New Stark, New Westeros, New Dorne etc.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:05 pm

New winterfell...
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Auristania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Auristania » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:15 pm

President' Landing.

Espenia
Attaché

Founded: Sep 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Espenia » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:04 pm

Cersei Lannister is my queen! Yeah... I said it lol

I'm also excited for the prequels too :p

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:27 am

Espenia wrote:Cersei Lannister is my queen! Yeah... I said it lol

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:28 am

Is there any chance of a Lannister being in the prequel who gives off a young Prince Shrek Jaime Lannister vibe?

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:37 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:Is there any chance of a Lannister being in the prequel who gives off a young Prince Shrek Jaime Lannister vibe?

You are obsessed. And depending on the time period it takes place in, the Lannisters might not be around.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:43 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:Is there any chance of a Lannister being in the prequel who gives off a young Prince Shrek Jaime Lannister vibe?

You are obsessed. And depending on the time period it takes place in, the Lannisters might not be around.

is it not going to be based off the Targaryen conquests?

Should that not mean that the plot would focus on the Lannisters-Gardeners vs the Targs?

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:53 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:You are obsessed. And depending on the time period it takes place in, the Lannisters might not be around.

is it not going to be based off the Targaryen conquests?

Should that not mean that the plot would focus on the Lannisters-Gardeners vs the Targs?

The one currently in the works, Blood Moon, which is being filmed right now here in Northern Ireland, is set thousands of years before the Targaryen Conquest so no.

I think they might be working on another one focusing on the conquests but its a long long way off.

Espenia
Attaché

Founded: Sep 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Espenia » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:24 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Espenia wrote:Cersei Lannister is my queen! Yeah... I said it lol

Oh! That's a really great sketch ofmy beloved :shock:
Last edited by Espenia on Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auristania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Auristania » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:43 pm

Rain Tribe kidnap Arya's crew and sacrifice them. It is Arya's turn, the priest purifies her with incense and holy water. Priest blows holy dust in Arya's face, she sneezes. Pustules form on Priest's face. Priest and Tribe catch plague and die.

Danternoust
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Danternoust » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:25 pm

The amount of CGI in the series approaches the point where drawn animation would cost less and have better special effects.
Bombadil wrote:He has no basis in fact. He will not succeed. He has no chance. He is deluded in thinking he has a chance.

He may take unprecedented action, that's true.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:30 pm

Honestly, there needs to be a film or miniseries set during Robert's Rebellion, it is certainly something many fans would enjoy.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:24 pm

Oh look another george martin book that is not winds of winter

https://books.google.com/books/about/A_ ... escription

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction