NATION

PASSWORD

Many Bothans Died To Bring You THE STAR WARS THREAD

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Which is your favorite sentient Star Wars race?

Wookies. Because fur is hot... And murder.
8%
Twi'leks. Because slugs are hot.
27%
Tusken Raiders. A little rape fantasy never hurt anybody.
7%
Jawas. Lots of little hands touching me is hot.
4%
Hutts. BIG. NASTY. RUDE. SWEATY. HOT.
3%
Ewoks. Because creepy ugly teddy bears are hot.
6%
Bothans. I hear they die a lot. And that's hot.
5%
Trandoshans. Because lizards are hot.
2%
Rodians. Because... I don't know anymore. Reptilian ant-eaters are hot?
3%
Other. Because my God there's a lot of alien species in Star Wars. And they're ALL hot.
35%

Total votes : 491

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Many Bothans Died To Bring You THE STAR WARS THREAD

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:55 pm

I think Star Wars is the best sci-fi/fantasy universe compared to other similar sci-fi/fantasy universes (Stargate, Babylon 5, Star Trek, Firefly, etc.) It combines the massive scope and depth of Star Trek with the grittiness and realistic lack of polish of Firefly.

I've watched all of the movies and played quite a few of the video games, and that's about the extent of my knowledge on the series. I do read the Wookiepedia quite a lot, so I've picked up some knowledge on the Extended Universe, and I used to play the Star Wars RPG until I lost all of my books during Hurricane Georges. Never read the comics. I cosplayed once when I was a kid as Luke Skywalker along with quite a few of my classmates on vacation in Florida to MGM Studios... I think it was the time they opened the Padawan thing outside of Star Tours, and many times as Han Fucking Solo, on Halloween, on Gay Days at Disney. I still have a Wookie suit in my closet so that my sister, who's sort of taller than me, can wear it.

... And I have a bootleg copy of the Holiday Special...

How many OTHER Star Wars fans are there in this bitch? What's your favourite movie? Favourite era? Favourite medium?

Edit: Edited for maximum schwartz.

Edit: Edited for maximum Aayla Secura's skeleton. SHE HAS AN AMAZING SHADE OF BLUE TO HER SKIN. Seriously. Sucks George Lucas wasted her on getting killed in the stupid 3rd prequel. She's super cool.
Last edited by The Rich Port on Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:30 pm, edited 9 times in total.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

KASSRD
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby KASSRD » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:00 pm

Favorite movie: TheEmpire Strikes Back
Favorite Era: Legacy Era
Favorite book: The New Jedi Order Series

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:00 pm

You have a copy of the holiday special?!

Not sure whether to be jealous or disgusted...
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Gibberan wrote:You have a copy of the holiday special?!

Not sure whether to be jealous or disgusted...

Think all of the immoral awfulness of owning ivory trinkets with none of the implication of wealth or glamour.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Zatak
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:02 pm

Who is excited for the new movies and tv shows

I'm meh
want a embassy in zatak just click the link below
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=276378

Contact the Zatakian Government at: zatagovtele@hotmail.com

Follow the Zatakian Government On twitter!!!: https://twitter.com/ZatakGovernment

The Sotoan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sotoan Union » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:02 pm

Does anybody like Star Wars: The Old Republic?

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:03 pm

ZATAK wrote:Who is excited for the new movies and tv shows

I'm meh

I am solidly meh on the TV shows.

... I have my doubts about Star Wars 7, though I guess I should wait, considering I just learned they're making it.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:04 pm

I'm not excited much for eather of them both seem well again meh

Also I'm not a big fan of the old republic but I love kotor

Follow the Zatakian Government On twitter!!!: https://twitter.com/ZatakGovernment

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:04 pm

The Sotoan Union wrote:Does anybody like Star Wars: The Old Republic?

I would, but I don't have it.

Also, btw the Holiday Special could have been much better than it was had George Lucas actually participated in it's production. But he was off making Empire, so everyone comes away happy.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

Proud Esquarian!
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:06 pm

I am incapable of playing it.

KOTOR and KOTOR 2 were the hypest shit ever.

ZATAK wrote:I'm not excited much for eather of them both seem well again meh

How bad/good is the Clone Wars TV show?

I've been thinking about catching up... All I ever watched was the hand-animated version, and that was pretty meh, as awesome as the animation was.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:06 pm

Gibberan wrote:

I would, but I don't have it.

Also, btw the Holiday Special could have been much better than it was had George Lucas actually participated in it's production. But he was off making Empire, so everyone comes away happy.

I'm suprised as he suffered physical problems during a new hope I was expecting him to sit back but no

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:07 pm

The Rich Port wrote:

ZATAK wrote:I'm not excited much for eather of them both seem well again meh

I've been thinking about catching up... All I ever watched was the hand-animated version, and that was pretty meh, as awesome as the animation was.

I'm a man with a full job, wife and daughter

And the series is actually kinda good

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:09 pm

ZATAK wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

I'm a man with a full job, wife and daughter

Another thing that makes it my favourite: slightly older fanbase. :hug: My fucking parents are technically Star Wars fans and they have light-sabers stuck in their butts. It's great. It's something the whole family can enjoy...

Sure, George Lucas is trying to make it strictly for kids, but... He doesn't know any better.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:10 pm

And also I find and do your fanrages and boos now that Disney may be good for starwars

The Sotoan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sotoan Union » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:11 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
ZATAK wrote:I'm a man with a full job, wife and daughter

Another thing that makes it my favourite: slightly older fanbase. :hug: My fucking parents are technically Star Wars fans and they have light-sabers stuck in their butts. It's great. It's something the whole family can enjoy...

Sure, George Lucas is trying to make it strictly for kids, but... He doesn't know any better.

I feel like even the series isn't just for kids. It has enough plot and the occasional movies reference to entertain adults, not to mention it is pretty violent. The Ewoks cartoons are George Lucas' attempts to make it just for kids.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:14 pm

ZATAK wrote:And also I find and do your fanrages and boos now that Disney may be good for starwars

Um... Might wanna rewrite that. I can't really understand what you're saying, so I'll assume you're saying fanrages are good for the company now that Disney took over. I'm not particularly angry with the Disney acquisition, I dislike that George Lucas doesn't understand the difference between "Family" and "Kids" entertainment. Ever since Disney fucked up The Lone Ranger... I dunno. At least now Star Wars is preserved forever, I guess. Maybe they'll even bring back Star Wars Galaxies?

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:15 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
ZATAK wrote:And also I find and do your fanrages and boos now that Disney may be good for starwars

Um... Might wanna rewrite that. I can't really understand what you're saying, so I'll assume you're saying fanrages are good for the company now that Disney took over. I'm not particularly angry with the Disney acquisition, I dislike that George Lucas doesn't understand the difference between "Family" and "Kids" entertainment. Ever since Disney fucked up The Lone Ranger... I dunno. At least now Star Wars is preserved forever, I guess. Maybe they'll even bring back Star Wars Galaxies?

No I'm saying that Disney is good for the series

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:17 pm

The Sotoan Union wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

I feel like even the series isn't just for kids. It has enough plot and the occasional movies reference to entertain adults, not to mention it is pretty violent. The Ewoks cartoons are George Lucas' attempts to make it just for kids.

Yup. I haven't looked it up - what is Star Wars 7 going to be about? Is it the Thrawn trilogy? It should be the Thrawn trilogy.

ZATAK wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

No I'm saying that Disney is good for the series

Sure... Maybe. But what would Disney do for the series, exactly, except back/sponsor George Lucas?

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Sotoan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sotoan Union » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:59 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
The Sotoan Union wrote:I feel like even the series isn't just for kids. It has enough plot and the occasional movies reference to entertain adults, not to mention it is pretty violent. The Ewoks cartoons are George Lucas' attempts to make it just for kids.

Yup. I haven't looked it up - what is Star Wars 7 going to be about? Is it the Thrawn trilogy? It should be the Thrawn trilogy.

ZATAK wrote:No I'm saying that Disney is good for the series

Sure... Maybe. But what would Disney do for the series, exactly, except back/sponsor George Lucas?

7 is a brand new plot with brand new protagonists.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:04 pm

The Sotoan Union wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

7 is a brand new plot with brand new protagonists.

... Really?

... Why?

I mean, yeah, the novels that are with Luke's kids are kind of sucky, but still, it's WRITTEN already.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Sotoan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sotoan Union » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:07 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
The Sotoan Union wrote:7 is a brand new plot with brand new protagonists.

... Really?

... Why?

I mean, yeah, the novels that are with Luke's kids are kind of sucky, but still, it's WRITTEN already.

Well all star wars movies are new adventures. Maybe George Lucas never wanted to base a movie off something that already existed.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:20 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
The Sotoan Union wrote:7 is a brand new plot with brand new protagonists.

... Really?

... Why?

I assume it'll de-canonize a bunch of stuff in favor of it's own line of canon. There are reports that Chewbacca will probably be in it despite the fact the EU made him die 10 years before 7 takes place (it's 30 years after ROTJ)

Proud Esquarian!

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:32 pm

Gibberan wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
... Really?

... Why?

I assume it'll de-canonize a bunch of stuff in favor of it's own line of canon. There are reports that Chewbacca will probably be in it despite the fact the EU made him die 10 years before 7 takes place (it's 30 years after ROTJ)

Eh... Maybe it's for the best.

I just hope there's less Jedi.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:41 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Gibberan wrote:I assume it'll de-canonize a bunch of stuff in favor of it's own line of canon. There are reports that Chewbacca will probably be in it despite the fact the EU made him die 10 years before 7 takes place (it's 30 years after ROTJ)

I like that their introducing new characters, I just hope they don't totally relegate the older characters to the sideline.

Proud Esquarian!

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:46 pm

Gibberan wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

I like that their introducing new characters, I just hope they don't totally relegate the older characters to the sideline.

Maybe they'll handle it like Obi-Wan?

He was only in the first half of the movie and everyone remembers him.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction