NATION

PASSWORD

What game are you playing?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:51 pm

I just started playing EU 4.

I'm Castile and I had two wars so far. The first one was against Navarre and their ally England and Aragon was my ally. I occupied Navarre but gave it its independence back since they refused to be fully annexed, but at least I had proved my military superiority and made them cut off influences with Britain and then claimed their throne.

A little later I attacked Grenada to expand my kingdom and this time I brought Portugal in as an ally. Grenada has two provinces left, so I might finish them off.

I'm debating whether or not to improve relations with England as they have some provinces I want, but I can also live without those territories. I'd probably want to focus more on Morroco. I also have Royal marriages with Navarre, Aragon, Portugal, and France.
1 John 1:9

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Socio Polor » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:55 pm

Sjovenia wrote:What the title says. Are you currently playing a game, are you currently hooked on a game series (Killzone, gears of war etc), what game did you last play?

Currently I'm not playing anything...well nation states but I was playing Sniper Elite V2. I'm starting to get back into that game. As for a series, like I said I've been playing SEV2 but I've always been obsessed with the Killzone series.

I'm currently playing Final Fantasy XV for ps4 gonna get Kingdom Hearts 2.8 soon. Yes I'm a fan of most square enix games

Seraven
Senator

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Seraven » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:22 pm

Nordengrund wrote:I just started playing EU 4.

I'm Castile and I had two wars so far. The first one was against Navarre and their ally England and Aragon was my ally. I occupied Navarre but gave it its independence back since they refused to be fully annexed, but at least I had proved my military superiority and made them cut off influences with Britain and then claimed their throne.

A little later I attacked Grenada to expand my kingdom and this time I brought Portugal in as an ally. Grenada has two provinces left, so I might finish them off.

I'm debating whether or not to improve relations with England as they have some provinces I want, but I can also live without those territories. I'd probably want to focus more on Morroco. I also have Royal marriages with Navarre, Aragon, Portugal, and France.

If you want to focus on Africa, Morocco is the first choice for invasion. And considering you are Castille, it wouldn't be hard to defeat them. It will be great as well if you have an ally in North Africa, like the kinds of Touggourt or Mamluks in case you want to take Tunis as well. Mamluks as your ally can be some sort of protection border as Ottoman will eventually attack Mamluks.

If you want to focus on Europe (which you can) you can try to hope for a personal union with Aragon under your union, since it gives you chance to control Aragon (and with Naples as well if possible).
Copper can change as its quality went down.
Gold can't change, for its quality never went down.
The Alma Mater wrote:
Seraven wrote:I know right! Whites enslaved the natives, they killed them, they converted them forcibly, they acted like a better human beings than the Muslims.

An excellent example of why allowing unrestricted immigration of people with a very different culture might not be the best idea ever :P

The Kolam Brotherhood
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kolam Brotherhood » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:27 pm

Seraven wrote:

If you want to focus on Africa, Morocco is the first choice for invasion. And considering you are Castille, it wouldn't be hard to defeat them. It will be great as well if you have an ally in North Africa, like the kinds of Touggourt or Mamluks in case you want to take Tunis as well. Mamluks as your ally can be some sort of protection border as Ottoman will eventually attack Mamluks.

If you want to focus on Europe (which you can) you can try to hope for a personal union with Aragon under your union, since it gives you chance to control Aragon (and with Naples as well if possible).

I was just playing eu4 for the first time in ages. I am doing an Oman->Arabia run. So far I have liberated Najd and reduced yemen's size. I'm allied to Hejaz and Mamluks. It is 1474, and I have military and administrative tech 5 and diplo tech 6. Institutions are slow me down because najd and haasa (my northern neighbor) has not embraced feudalism. Hormuz is my recently incorporated vassal.
Last edited by The Kolam Brotherhood on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm back... Sorta.

Seraven
Senator

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Seraven » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:40 am

The Kolam Brotherhood wrote:
Seraven wrote:

I was just playing eu4 for the first time in ages. I am doing an Oman->Arabia run. So far I have liberated Najd and reduced yemen's size. I'm allied to Hejaz and Mamluks. It is 1474, and I have military and administrative tech 5 and diplo tech 6. Institutions are slow me down because najd and haasa (my northern neighbor) has not embraced feudalism. Hormuz is my recently incorporated vassal.

At some point you have to stop allying yourself with Mamluks, wait for the truce to ends, and attack them. Because there are some provinces that is required to form Arabia that is under the control of Mamluks. And you better start stopping the alliance with Mamluks now, since most of the time, Ottoman start attacking Mamluks from 15th century and you DON'T want to get the core provinces when they are under the control of Ottoman. Usually, they got the institutions embraced faster/earlier and they sported a better unit than Muslim-tech (they are exclusively Anatolian-tech).

And Hejaz as well.

There's a link for requirements and strategy for Arabia here : http://www.eu4wiki.com/Arabia

You can also joining the Paradox discussion thread in the Arts & Fiction part as well. We have plenty of veterans there.
Last edited by Seraven on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Copper can change as its quality went down.
Gold can't change, for its quality never went down.
The Alma Mater wrote:
Seraven wrote:I know right! Whites enslaved the natives, they killed them, they converted them forcibly, they acted like a better human beings than the Muslims.

An excellent example of why allowing unrestricted immigration of people with a very different culture might not be the best idea ever :P

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:01 am

Seraven wrote:

Well, I'm hoping to claim Aragon's throne but they have a stable monarchy. I'm new at the game so I may not be understanding how that works. We are allies, but I think we also both claimed Navarre's throne, so there is the possibility of a war of succession.

I have a large army stationed in Grenada and they're draining my money but I am keeping them around to suppress a possible Grenadan rebellion and I plan to keep them around for my next war.

Anywhere Else But Here
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Anywhere Else But Here » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:24 am

Nordengrund wrote:
Seraven wrote:

Well, I'm hoping to claim Aragon's throne but they have a stable monarchy. I'm new at the game so I may not be understanding how that works. We are allies, but I think we also both claimed Navarre's throne, so there is the possibility of a war of succession.

I have a large army stationed in Grenada and they're draining my money but I am keeping them around to suppress a possible Grenadan rebellion and I plan to keep them around for my next war.

The Iberian Wedding event that allows you to form a PU over Aragon. It fires when your monarchs are of the opposite sex, and occurs in most games, so don't go to war with Aragon if you can help it. If Aragon still has Naples, you'll get that too.

The united states of Saints
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The united states of Saints » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:53 am

Kingdom Hearts Unchained x, it ain't bad as a mobile game
I'm 17, male, a Charismatic Christian, a good powerlifter, junior in high school, and a very very new competitive Pokemon trainer (rookie basically in competitive battles). Friend code is 1736-1854-7919. Send me a Telegram if you want to battle.
Introduced to NS Sports in World Bowl XXIX
Achievements
World Bowl XXIX: 3rd

"Show me your friends and I'll show you your future."

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:22 am

Anywhere Else But Here wrote:
Nordengrund wrote:

The Iberian Wedding event that allows you to form a PU over Aragon. It fires when your monarchs are of the opposite sex, and occurs in most games, so don't go to war with Aragon if you can help it. If Aragon still has Naples, you'll get that too.

A royal wedding was one of the first things they offered me, so I went with it.

Nuke in Ya Pantz
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuke in Ya Pantz » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:27 am

Currently I have been playing War Thunder (though they may not be the best, I love the American aircraft and tanks and play the other nations on the side just to progress my trees... though play british the second most) I've also been playing the entire S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and started playing the first one again, this time with the Complete 2009 mod. I also play Battlefield 4 a bit

Anywhere Else But Here
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Anywhere Else But Here » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:25 am

Nordengrund wrote:
Anywhere Else But Here wrote:The Iberian Wedding event that allows you to form a PU over Aragon. It fires when your monarchs are of the opposite sex, and occurs in most games, so don't go to war with Aragon if you can help it. If Aragon still has Naples, you'll get that too.

A royal wedding was one of the first things they offered me, so I went with it.

The Iberian wedding is different from the standard royal weddings you get through diplomacy. It's a special event that might appear as a pop-up before 1500, if you meet the criteria. You'll be given a choice between marrying the Aragonese King/Queen, or marrying a local noble. Take the first option and you get a PU over Aragon.

You should head over to the Paradox thread if you want help getting past EU4's ridiculous learning curve.

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Socio Polor » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:47 pm

The united states of Saints wrote:Kingdom Hearts Unchained x, it ain't bad as a mobile game

Are you a fan of the Kingdom Hearts series

The united states of Saints
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The united states of Saints » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:28 pm

Socio Polor wrote:
The united states of Saints wrote:Kingdom Hearts Unchained x, it ain't bad as a mobile game

Are you a fan of the Kingdom Hearts series

Yes I am, unfortunately the only game besides Unchained X that I have played was 358/2 Days. I would really like to play the others, but unfortunately I don't have the time to go out and find Them. I don't have the consoles necessary to play them either. I am excited for Kingdom Hearts III though. It will be available for Xbox One and I hope a release date will be announced soon.
I'm 17, male, a Charismatic Christian, a good powerlifter, junior in high school, and a very very new competitive Pokemon trainer (rookie basically in competitive battles). Friend code is 1736-1854-7919. Send me a Telegram if you want to battle.
Introduced to NS Sports in World Bowl XXIX
Achievements
World Bowl XXIX: 3rd

"Show me your friends and I'll show you your future."

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:14 am

I started over on EU4 because I was taking out loans like crazy and everyone was and at me for agressive expansion. I also had two rebellions to put down.

I tried again as Castile trying to go peaceful with Navarre this time and lost the claim to the throne pretty quickly so I declared war and then just about every country in southern and Central Europe declared war on me and took my provinces. I laid siege to Navarre but was driven out by a foreign power then suddenly found several armies all over Castile.

If I play as them again, I guess I'll just focus on Granada and Morocco.
This didn't happen last time.

Which is better for a newcomer, Castile, Ottomans or Portugal?

Portugal seems easier since Castile has a lot of ethnic groups that seem to spark tensions.
Last edited by Nordengrund on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anywhere Else But Here
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Anywhere Else But Here » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:31 am

Nordengrund wrote:I started over on EU4 because I was taking out loans like crazy and everyone was and at me for agressive expansion. I also had two rebellions to put down.

I tried again as Castile trying to go peaceful with Navarre this time and lost the claim to the throne pretty quickly so I declared war and then just about every country in southern and Central Europe declared war on me and took my provinces. I laid siege to Navarre but was driven out by a foreign power then suddenly found several armies all over Castile.

Portugal seems easier since Castile has a lot of ethnic groups that seem to spark tensions.

Ottomans are very easy; just plain expansion. Castile has a little more to juggle, particularly the colonial and dynastic game, so the learning curve is steeper.

Also, the claim throne button should be used relatively rarely, and only against large nations. With Navarra, you should be able to request vassalisation through the diplomacy screen, though you have to be quick, because France will try to do the same. If you must go to war, just fabricate claims and annex them.

Nearly Finland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 12, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nearly Finland » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:32 am

I play Ace Attorney and Kerbal Space Program, currently.

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:35 am

Anywhere Else But Here wrote:
Nordengrund wrote:I started over on EU4 because I was taking out loans like crazy and everyone was and at me for agressive expansion. I also had two rebellions to put down.

Ottomans are very easy; just plain expansion. Castile has a little more to juggle, particularly the colonial and dynastic game, so the learning curve is steeper.

Also, the claim throne button should be used relatively rarely, and only against large nations. With Navarra, you should be able to request vassalisation through the diplomacy screen, though you have to be quick, because France will try to do the same. If you must go to war, just fabricate claims and annex them.

I already claimed their throne but I will keep that in mind for next time.

The Union of Continental States
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of Continental States » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:37 am

Nation States. Fun game, you should make an account!
American Freedom: 1776 A.D. - 3235 A.D.
Population After 2078 A.D.: 1,173,315,285

Active Ground Troops: 3,150,000
Reserves: 16,700,000
Militia Strength: 58,510,000
Gun Owners: 615,000,000
Free Market, The US Constitution, Gun rights, Freedom of speech, Libertarianism, Republicanism, Trump, Large military, Small government, Brexit, Nigel Farage, Austin Petersen, Milo Yiannopoulos, Russia/USA unity
Hillary Clinton, Liberalism, Social conservatism, SJWs, you get the drift...

BREAKING NEWS: President Timsler orders 12,600 more M1A8 Abrams Tanks for the military, breaking the 70,000 barrier.

Tillania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 08, 2004
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Tillania » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:03 pm

Wasteland 2 - Director's Cut
This sig intentionally left blank

CITY18
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CITY18 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:30 am

Tillania wrote:Wasteland 2 - Director's Cut

Good luck when you reach whittier, you're gonna need if you're playing on supreme jerk.
Debates on the internet lead to vastly unresearched opinions masked as arguments, inversely debate in person leads to more educated and researched arguments. You have a super highway full of information, use it.

hey teens if a youtuber is making life simple and understandable then he or she is lying.

As all the names and places i have taken from your life!

Feel free to tg me about music.

if you assume beliefs off 2 words then you're not rational or old enough to talk politics

Social: Left
Economically: Left
For: Science, equality, actual history with it's context, prog rock

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:53 am

I'm very close to uniting all of Anatolia and Greece in EU4. The only independent nation in Anatolia aside from the Ottomans are the Ramazan who are backed by the Mamluks.

I rule all of Greece except for Athens and the islands near the mainland.

I think I'll take Athens and then finally claim that last bit of Anatolia.

Idk if I want to fight Mamluks, though.

I might try to end Venice's dominance of the eastern Mediterranean as well.
Last edited by Nordengrund on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:56 am

For Honor, going into the second Chapter of the story mode, which so far is decent, not ground breaking, but its fun and has an interesting story building up so far.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Lioniel
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Lioniel » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:46 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. :Call of Pripyat with SGM 2.1 mod

>Played slavmememod
>get memed on

and Urban Empire

After i upgrade my Pc for more RAM that is.
Last edited by Lioniel on Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Nation may or may not reflect my personal views.
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.23
I support high tax rates, do you?
Only losers would love their country without calling out its flaws Populism is an imbecilic belief that the commoner knows better than the intellectual.
The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them”

Napoleonic Europa
Envoy

Founded: Nov 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Napoleonic Europa » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:42 am

>I'm hussar commander
>Enemy has line infantry on left and right flanks
>Our side has line infantry and dismounted dragoons
>Enemy has riflemen in center, which lack bayonets and are poor in melee
>Enemy line Infantry is coming close to dragoons
>Ride near them so they stop moving in case I attack
>They shoot at me, killing one or two of my 30 hussars
>Feign retreat
>I regroup
>charge center line
>slaughter rifles, as dragoons are saved
>Before the third enemy squad responds I have already torn through the rifles and am making a U turn
>slam into first Line infantry now trapped between dragoons and I
>coup de grâce

Can't beat Mount and Blade

N A P O L E O N I C E U R O P A
There's been an attempt on Morgane Bonaparte's life

A nation that describes a victorious France taking control of Europe after the Napoleonic Wars and into the modern times. The population is 798 million and sprawls over most of Western and Central Europe. Due to a recent coup d'etat, Morgane Bonaparte has taken the throne. Though technically a Republic, the Tribunat has allowed a Bonaparte every time since 1804, effectively making it an absolute monarchy.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction