NATION

PASSWORD

The Warhammer 40.000/Fantasy Discussion Thread Mk.II

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are you picking up the new Shadowspear set?

Yes, I am, or I already have it!
4
15%
I'm still on the fence.
14
54%
No, I'm not interested in the set / the armies in it.
8
31%
 
Total votes : 26

User avatar
The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 152
Founded: Jun 05, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:17 am

Hello, this is rather strange but hear me out for a moment. I have been working on a "Fall of Cadia" RP in PT2M. It is a rather big project and I consider myself amateur to very casual at best. I am looking for a Co-op to help me with it. If you are interested. ID name is 564399784677605415.
Stuff. Just stuff.

User avatar
Crookfur
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10479
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Crookfur » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:04 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Khorne.

Im a very simple man at heart, slash and burn and all that jazz

Khorne can have his more complicate side, it's vastly downplayed these days particularly in 40k compared to wfb but one aspect of Khorne is the god of martial pride and discipline.
It's the trap of the valient Knight who is constantly at risk of moving from fighting for his cause to fighting purely for the glory and rush of battle.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8667
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:51 pm

Crookfur wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Khorne.

Im a very simple man at heart, slash and burn and all that jazz

Khorne can have his more complicate side, it's vastly downplayed these days particularly in 40k compared to wfb but one aspect of Khorne is the god of martial pride and discipline.
It's the trap of the valient Knight who is constantly at risk of moving from fighting for his cause to fighting purely for the glory and rush of battle.

The flanderization of Khorne is real
Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
Northern Davincia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13188
Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Northern Davincia » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:12 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Crookfur wrote:Khorne can have his more complicate side, it's vastly downplayed these days particularly in 40k compared to wfb but one aspect of Khorne is the god of martial pride and discipline.
It's the trap of the valient Knight who is constantly at risk of moving from fighting for his cause to fighting purely for the glory and rush of battle.

The flanderization of Khorne is real

As a Nurgle fan, this hurts me.
Right-Libertarian, Minarchist, Laissez-faire Capitalist, Catholic

Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8667
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:11 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:The flanderization of Khorne is real

As a Nurgle fan, this hurts me.

Nurgle's not even a chaos god until its plot relevant anymore
Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
Hurdergaryp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32279
Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hurdergaryp » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:54 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Crookfur wrote:Khorne can have his more complicate side, it's vastly downplayed these days particularly in 40k compared to wfb but one aspect of Khorne is the god of martial pride and discipline.
It's the trap of the valient Knight who is constantly at risk of moving from fighting for his cause to fighting purely for the glory and rush of battle.

The flanderization of Khorne is real

"Stupid sexy Khorne!"

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8667
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:19 pm

Hurdergaryp wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:The flanderization of Khorne is real

"Stupid sexy Khorne!"

*CHAOS BLAM* Slaaneshi Filth! *CHAOS BLAM*
Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
Hurdergaryp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32279
Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hurdergaryp » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:25 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Hurdergaryp wrote:"Stupid sexy Khorne!"

*CHAOS BLAM* Slaaneshi Filth! *CHAOS BLAM*

It's just not the same as a roaring chainsaw, vibrating so satisfyingly when placed correctly.

User avatar
Chan Island
Senator
 
Posts: 4096
Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chan Island » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:48 pm

Hurdergaryp wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:*CHAOS BLAM* Slaaneshi Filth! *CHAOS BLAM*

It's just not the same as a roaring chainsaw, vibrating so satisfyingly when placed correctly.


This post has been rated XXX.
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

User avatar
The Imperial Reach
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1270
Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Reach » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:41 am

First American Empire wrote:Who's everyone's favorite Chaos God? Mine's Tzeentch. If I had to rank them from best to worst, they'd be:

1: Tzeentch
2: Khorne
3: Nurgle
4: Malal
5: Great Horned Rat
6: Necoho
7: Zuvassin
8: Arianka
9: Solkan
10: Alluminas
11: Nuffle
12: Slaanesh


Who the fuck are even most of those jokers?

Putting Nurgle above Slaanesh is also pretty lame, I mean at least Slaanesh can be terrifying.

I keep forgetting Tzeentch even exists tbh.

Is Malal even still a thing?
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the Devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make cool for a fancy sig

My F7 Policy

User avatar
Crookfur
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10479
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Crookfur » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:33 am

There are only three chaos gods who matter: Priestly, Johnson and Chambers.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40676
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:37 am

Crookfur wrote:There are only three chaos gods who matter: Priestly, Johnson and Chambers.

Nice ghostbusters reference
Scary Spooky Leftist #19879417 An Atheist Irishman from Belfast Loyal to Dragonstone and the King in the Narrow Sea
Yeh: The Red Agenda, Purging the Xenos, Not being a prick, Vidya Gaemz, Art, Science, History, Old Gregg, Blondes, Redheads, Tattooed girls, Erecting fortifications, Tanks.
Neh: The Blue Agenda, Being a prick, Xenos, Racism, National/Religious wankery, Zealots, Gatekeeping, Alt-right/SJW Snowflakes, Random lists, Dismantling Fortifications, Cabbage.

User avatar
Northern Davincia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13188
Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Northern Davincia » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:37 am

The Imperial Reach wrote:
First American Empire wrote:Who's everyone's favorite Chaos God? Mine's Tzeentch. If I had to rank them from best to worst, they'd be:

1: Tzeentch
2: Khorne
3: Nurgle
4: Malal
5: Great Horned Rat
6: Necoho
7: Zuvassin
8: Arianka
9: Solkan
10: Alluminas
11: Nuffle
12: Slaanesh


Who the fuck are even most of those jokers?

Putting Nurgle above Slaanesh is also pretty lame, I mean at least Slaanesh can be terrifying.

I keep forgetting Tzeentch even exists tbh.

Is Malal even still a thing?

You must repent to Nurgle by giving him a prolonged hug.
Right-Libertarian, Minarchist, Laissez-faire Capitalist, Catholic

Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

User avatar
Hurdergaryp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32279
Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hurdergaryp » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:21 pm

It is entirely possible that the Space Marine Scouts are on their way out.

User avatar
First American Empire
Diplomat
 
Posts: 809
Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby First American Empire » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:57 pm

The Imperial Reach wrote:
Putting Nurgle above Slaanesh is also pretty lame, I mean at least Slaanesh can be terrifying.


Basically I put in every minor being that Games Workshop has ever officially called a Chaos God in any of its settings, and put them in between Nurgle and Slaanesh, to illustrate how much I hate Slaanesh.

Who the fuck are even most of those jokers?

Is Malal even still a thing?


Malal isn't a thing anymore due to trademark disputes, Great Horned Rat is a minor Chaos God in Age of Sigmar only, Necoho and Zuvassin are spinoffs of Malal to get around trademark disputes, Arianka, Solkan, and Alluminas are "Chaos Gods of Law" that were introduced with one paragraph each in the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1e core rulebook and never mentioned again, and Nuffle is the Chaos God of Football* from Blood Bowl.

I keep forgetting Tzeentch even exists tbh.


TZEENTCH IS THE BEST CHAOS GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU! >:(



*American football, not the good kind.
The American Empire is a socially progressive and strongly anti-nationalist absolute monarchy ruled by the heirs of Emperor Norton.

This nation doesn't reflect my political views on many issues, especially monarchism and foreign policy. I'm an ordinary social democrat in real life.

User avatar
Washington Resistance Army
Post Czar
 
Posts: 42021
Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:24 am

Malal is still a thing in the form of Malice. It's the exact same thing, just under a slightly different name.

User avatar
Balican
Envoy
 
Posts: 267
Founded: Oct 12, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Balican » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:50 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Crookfur wrote:Khorne can have his more complicate side, it's vastly downplayed these days particularly in 40k compared to wfb but one aspect of Khorne is the god of martial pride and discipline.
It's the trap of the valient Knight who is constantly at risk of moving from fighting for his cause to fighting purely for the glory and rush of battle.

The flanderization of Khorne is real

All of the Chaos gods have lost a lot of depth, something that makes sense in canon, but is bad for the franchise. I feel like Tzeentch is the only one that retains any of his original characteristics. You've already mentioned Khorne and Nurgle was mentioned as well, but Slaanesh got hit the hardest. Instead of being passion, vice, and sensation, Slaanesh is now sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll. While those are parts of Slaanesh's domain, that is such a small area. The EC fell because of their various passions, and that side of Slaanesh isn't even mentioned nowadays.
Economic Left/Right: 3.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 6.78
Pro: Corneliu Codreanu, Jus Sanguini, Nationalism, Moral responsibiliy.
Con: Cuckservatives, Liberalism as a whole, Israel, Communism, Islam, Welfare, NATO in it's current form, UN.
Hard Restart
Proud user of NS stats.
I am a monarchy.

User avatar
Chan Island
Senator
 
Posts: 4096
Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chan Island » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:35 pm

Hurdergaryp wrote:It is entirely possible that the Space Marine Scouts are on their way out.


That's a shame. The scout snipers in particular are some of the most interesting bits out there for conversions.

They had a good run though.
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

User avatar
The Imperial Reach
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1270
Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Reach » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:37 pm

First American Empire wrote:TZEENTCH IS THE BEST CHAOS GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU! >:(


Maybe if he'd fucking do something once and awhile...
Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:I've encountered this event maybe 4 times and I've never lost - not even once. Even the one time when I had no skill-related options, I still won.

Stop giving me more reasons to hate you
In the process of a massive retcon, like, massive
NS stats are the Devil's lettuce
I'm too lazy to make cool for a fancy sig

My F7 Policy

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40676
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:58 am

Alright alright alright, got a random what if scenario for you guys and grils:

Perturabo.


Is a loyalist primarch that is brought back in place of Roboute Guilliman, how do you think he fares at ruling the Imperium in the 41st Millennium.
Scary Spooky Leftist #19879417 An Atheist Irishman from Belfast Loyal to Dragonstone and the King in the Narrow Sea
Yeh: The Red Agenda, Purging the Xenos, Not being a prick, Vidya Gaemz, Art, Science, History, Old Gregg, Blondes, Redheads, Tattooed girls, Erecting fortifications, Tanks.
Neh: The Blue Agenda, Being a prick, Xenos, Racism, National/Religious wankery, Zealots, Gatekeeping, Alt-right/SJW Snowflakes, Random lists, Dismantling Fortifications, Cabbage.

User avatar
Hurdergaryp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32279
Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hurdergaryp » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:53 am

The Imperial Reach wrote:
First American Empire wrote:TZEENTCH IS THE BEST CHAOS GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU! >:(

Maybe if he'd fucking do something once and awhile...

Tzeentch just wants you to think he is not doing anything, so that you'll never see it coming once his countless subtle manipulations start to bear fruit.

User avatar
Crookfur
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10479
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Crookfur » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:59 am

Hurdergaryp wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:Maybe if he'd fucking do something once and awhile...

Tzeentch just wants you to think he is not doing anything, so that you'll never see it coming once his countless subtle manipulations start to bear fruit.

Exactly, if you can't see what tzeentch is doing then you obviously aren't operating on a high enough plane of thought and you have already lost. Of course conversely if you can see what it is up to then obviously that's just what tzeentch wants you to see and you have already lost.

In the end everything that happens is just as planned.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

User avatar
The Biggles Syndicate
Diplomat
 
Posts: 813
Founded: May 18, 2016
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Biggles Syndicate » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:37 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Alright alright alright, got a random what if scenario for you guys and grils:

Perturabo.


Is a loyalist primarch that is brought back in place of Roboute Guilliman, how do you think he fares at ruling the Imperium in the 41st Millennium.

GW wins the Biggest Meat Grinder in all of Fiction Award.



Bonus Question: Are Ultramarines easier to paint than other Chapters?

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8667
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:50 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Alright alright alright, got a random what if scenario for you guys and grils:

Perturabo.


Is a loyalist primarch that is brought back in place of Roboute Guilliman, how do you think he fares at ruling the Imperium in the 41st Millennium.

If Dorn still lives he'd become a traitor I feel.
Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
Crookfur
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10479
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Crookfur » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:20 pm

The Biggles Syndicate wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Alright alright alright, got a random what if scenario for you guys and grils:

Perturabo.


Is a loyalist primarch that is brought back in place of Roboute Guilliman, how do you think he fares at ruling the Imperium in the 41st Millennium.

GW wins the Biggest Meat Grinder in all of Fiction Award.



Bonus Question: Are Ultramarines easier to paint than other Chapters?

They used to be. In ye ancient space marines painting guide I have they are the only ones where the base coat was thier colour. The others all had a different much darker base coat that you dry brushed over with a lighter colour to build up the main colour with. Salamanders/dark angels started with black, blood angels with terracotta (onto which you brushed orange) and the space wolves had a dark blue-grey. I think in 2nd edt things kind of leveled out but ultramarine blue is still a pretty forgiving colour to work with.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Andsed

Advertisement

Remove ads