Page 493 of 499

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:18 pm
by The Huskar Social Union
Hurdergaryp wrote:And here we have the fully painted Third Company of the Ultramarines, by the hands of Warhammer40KPainter.

I really like the red trim on the ultramarines. Thats very nice looking.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:30 pm
by The Huskar Social Union
Warhammer sale on steam at the moment

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:28 pm
by The Imperial Reach
The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Hurdergaryp wrote:And here we have the fully painted Third Company of the Ultramarines, by the hands of Warhammer40KPainter.

I really like the red trim on the ultramarines. Thats very nice looking.


Agreed, and I usually dislike red and blue together.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:30 pm
by The Huskar Social Union
The Imperial Reach wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:I really like the red trim on the ultramarines. Thats very nice looking.


Agreed, and I usually dislike red and blue together.

I think it depends on the exact type of blue and red


I think Dark Blues and Reds go well together (why the crimson fists are one of my favourite chapters), or a more vibrant blue with a subdued red such as in this case. It looks very nice. But very bright blues and reds i dont like too much.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:45 pm
by Impaled Nazarene
The Huskar Social Union wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:
Agreed, and I usually dislike red and blue together.

I think it depends on the exact type of blue and red


I think Dark Blues and Reds go well together (why the crimson fists are one of my favourite chapters), or a more vibrant blue with a subdued red such as in this case. It looks very nice. But very bright blues and reds i dont like too much.

Absolutely great that they added the red. I like how Ultimate Apocalypse adds it but it really screws up some of the schemes so I have to manually replace the red with gold.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:16 am
by Baltenstein
Blue and Red is an improvement over the douchey "Have we mentioned we are the good guys today" Blue and Yellow combo the old Ultramarines had.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:20 am
by Ameriganastan
Baltenstein wrote:Blue and Red is an improvement over the douchey "Have we mentioned we are the good guys today" Blue and Yellow combo the old Ultramarines had.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:34 pm
by Adiya
Baltenstein wrote:Blue and Red is an improvement over the douchey "Have we mentioned we are the good guys today" Blue and Yellow combo the old Ultramarines had.


“I, Cato Sicarius, Must establish the 2nd Company as the entourage of the protagonist; myself, Cato Sicarius!”

:p

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:33 pm
by Crookfur
Baltenstein wrote:Blue and Red is an improvement over the douchey "Have we mentioned we are the good guys today" Blue and Yellow combo the old Ultramarines had.

IIRC that was just the 2nd company which is what they used to paint all the ultramarine they featured in box art and WD(back when WD only ever had one or two of each type of squad to do battle reports with).

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:48 pm
by The Imperial Reach
The Huskar Social Union wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:
Agreed, and I usually dislike red and blue together.

I think it depends on the exact type of blue and red


I think Dark Blues and Reds go well together (why the crimson fists are one of my favourite chapters), or a more vibrant blue with a subdued red such as in this case. It looks very nice. But very bright blues and reds i dont like too much.


Tbh I don't like the Crimson Fist's color scheme, but I'll agree on the bright blues and reds.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:47 pm
by The Biggles Syndicate
I have this starter set of SPESS MUHREENS and PLAGUH MUHREENS for Christmas, but I haven't put the figures together. Is gluing up models hard?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:58 pm
by First American Empire
Hurdergaryp wrote:And here we have the fully painted Third Company of the Ultramarines, by the hands of Warhammer40KPainter.


No matter how well you paint Ultramarines, they always look hideous with their default colors. They're just so... dull. Even if they weren't my least favorite army in all of 40K lore, I'd still find them boring.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:48 pm
by Crookfur
The Biggles Syndicate wrote:I have this starter set of SPESS MUHREENS and PLAGUH MUHREENS for Christmas, but I haven't put the figures together. Is gluing up models hard?

Not in the slightest these days, particularly with plastic models. Heck depending on what stater set you got you might not even need any polystyrene cement.

Metal to metal or metal to plastic is tougher as you need super glue but if I could put together the 90s minis using bostik/uhu multipurpose glue anyone should be capable of doing the modern stuff with decent super glue.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:23 am
by Dylar
Fire Lords have the best color scheme. Change my mind

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:58 am
by Ameriganastan
Dylar wrote:Fire Lords have the best color scheme. Change my mind

Image
Image
Image
Image

Mind changed?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:08 pm
by Balican
Ameriganastan wrote:
Dylar wrote:Fire Lords have the best color scheme. Change my mind

Image
Image
Image
Image

Mind changed?

If we're going off of design alone, you're still wrong.
I can feel his hate radiating through his helmet and that speaks volumes.Image

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:32 pm
by The Imperial Reach
First American Empire wrote:
Hurdergaryp wrote:And here we have the fully painted Third Company of the Ultramarines, by the hands of Warhammer40KPainter.


No matter how well you paint Ultramarines, they always look hideous with their default colors. They're just so... dull. Even if they weren't my least favorite army in all of 40K lore, I'd still find them boring.


What do you have against the best color ever?

Ameriganastan wrote:
Dylar wrote:Fire Lords have the best color scheme. Change my mind

Image
Image
Image
Image

Mind changed?


1. Shit.
2. Even more shit.
3. Damn fine.
4. Shittiest by far.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:34 pm
by The Imperial Reach
Balican wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:
Image
Image
Image
Image

Mind changed?

If we're going off of design alone, you're still wrong.
I can feel his hate radiating through his helmet and that speaks volumes.Image


That breastplate looks... wrong.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:30 pm
by Hurdergaryp
The Imperial Reach wrote:
Balican wrote:If we're going off of design alone, you're still wrong.
I can feel his hate radiating through his helmet and that speaks volumes.Image

That breastplate looks... wrong.

01: Imperial citizen exclaims that the breastplate of a noble Space Marine, one of the Emperor's Finest, "looks wrong".
02: Heresy suspected.
03: CHAINAXE TO THE FACE!
04: The Emperor's Peace has been restored.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:45 pm
by Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley
Hurdergaryp wrote:
The Imperial Reach wrote:That breastplate looks... wrong.

01: Imperial citizen exclaims that the breastplate of a noble Space Marine, one of the Emperor's Finest, "looks wrong".
02: Heresy suspected.
03: CHAINAXE TO THE FACE!
04: The Emperor's Peace has been restored.


Awww, but I wanted to Exterminatus the planet. Now there's no heresy to destroy so there is no reason to. :(

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:57 pm
by Hurdergaryp
Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley wrote:
Hurdergaryp wrote:01: Imperial citizen exclaims that the breastplate of a noble Space Marine, one of the Emperor's Finest, "looks wrong".
02: Heresy suspected.
03: CHAINAXE TO THE FACE!
04: The Emperor's Peace has been restored.

Awww, but I wanted to Exterminatus the planet. Now there's no heresy to destroy so there is no reason to. :(

Invoking Exterminatus would mean the squandering of resources, both of the planet and of the Imperium's military. And squandering resources is HERESY.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:03 pm
by Balican
The Imperial Reach wrote:
Balican wrote:If we're going off of design alone, you're still wrong.
I can feel his hate radiating through his helmet and that speaks volumes.(Image)


That breastplate looks... wrong.

Mk. 4 is where the breastplate got less blocky and the straps first showed up.
BTW, the return of the Mk. 4 helmet is the best thing about Primaris by a country mile. Image

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:31 pm
by Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley
Hurdergaryp wrote:
Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley wrote:Awww, but I wanted to Exterminatus the planet. Now there's no heresy to destroy so there is no reason to. :(

Invoking Exterminatus would mean the squandering of resources, both of the planet and of the Imperium's military. And squandering resources is HERESY.


(Loads Boltgun and points at self) You're right.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:03 pm
by First American Empire
Hurdergaryp wrote:
Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley wrote:Awww, but I wanted to Exterminatus the planet. Now there's no heresy to destroy so there is no reason to. :(

Invoking Exterminatus would mean the squandering of resources, both of the planet and of the Imperium's military. And squandering resources is HERESY.


Says the fellow heretic with the Chaos Undivided symbol as their flag.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:12 pm
by Chan Island
First American Empire wrote:
Hurdergaryp wrote:Invoking Exterminatus would mean the squandering of resources, both of the planet and of the Imperium's military. And squandering resources is HERESY.


Says the fellow heretic with the Chaos Undivided symbol as their flag.


Conclusion: ignore what he has said about exterminatus, carry on.
Image